Author Topic: character Q and A  (Read 61648 times)

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: character Q and A
« Reply #285 on: September 21, 2014, 04:03:52 AM »
all I did that fucked up as I can tell is forget the Q, jeez, touchy.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 22, 2014, 11:11:11 PM »
@CL

Q: yeah, but why would Aoko ask if she knew he was dead

and yes, not knowing why is the point.

@Bdoom

yes, but given what other users have done in this thread (and your attitude else where) I felt that a reminder of the rules was important.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 27, 2014, 09:37:56 PM »
Anyway, as I proposed on bl, I'll be rebooting Satoshi and friends, although the original version will still be produced. The question is who wants to help.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 27, 2014, 10:22:34 PM »
What do you mean by "rebooting", and what sort of help are you looking for?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 27, 2014, 11:08:12 PM »
Well the new blood seem to have a lot of problems here or there with the character or setting, the point here would to address those creatively and reform the character and setting as a result. The help I'll need will largely depend on the issues brought up. A reboot is a restarting or reimaging of the character and setting. While I want to be open to all concepts let's not change Satoshi in a manner akin to the ultimate marvel universe or the red son superman, the character at his core has to be the same guy.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 28, 2014, 05:08:13 PM »
Well, sure, but what sort of things do you intend to change? I can't post on BL, so I can't talk to the people on there about any of this....

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 28, 2014, 06:45:58 PM »
The thing is I don't know what needs changing, I'm not the one with the issues. As far as I'm concerned out of date or not to current canon the original version is fine. It's up to other people to tell me how they think he needs changing. Then we can go from there.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 28, 2014, 08:01:16 PM »
Lantz, out of date with the canon is something that people get upset about.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 28, 2014, 08:26:19 PM »
Well, I think that's true to an extent, but I think that people differ quite substantially in terms of how much they care about minor discrepancies with canon, especially obscure canon. If you can make it fit, you should, but I don't think you should destroy an otherwise good story because of some obscure thing in a side-material book.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 28, 2014, 08:30:45 PM »
Well, I think that's true to an extent, but I think that people differ quite substantially in terms of how much they care about minor discrepancies with canon, especially obscure canon. If you can make it fit, you should, but I don't think you should destroy an otherwise good story because of some obscure thing in a side-material book.
If he intends for people to enjoy it on bl, it's a fairly big deal. One in particular is gil's vault, it's been clarifyed on and isn't obscure within the type moon community.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 28, 2014, 08:33:27 PM »
I highly doubt that's a universal sentiment given the comic book industry Bdoom. Nevertheless that is the point of a reboot, to give new readers an in. However asking me to research yet again solely for the benefit of the new crowd is unreasonable. If you guys want him to be in line with the current state of the Nasuverse it's on you to bring the problems for discussion. I'm perfectly fine with he and his chilling in the silver age so to speak.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 28, 2014, 08:35:44 PM »
I highly doubt that's a universal sentiment given the comic book industry Bdoom. Nevertheless that is the point of a reboot, to give new readers an in. However asking me to research yet again solely for the benefit of the new crowd is unreasonable. If you guys want him to be in line with the current state of the Nasuverse it's on you to bring the problems for discussion. I'm perfectly fine with he and his chilling in the silver age so to speak.

Well, it depends on the level of research, really. But, yes, it's not reasonable to expect you to trawl through the entirety of BL looking for information you've missed, there's just too much of it there.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 28, 2014, 08:36:01 PM »
I'm not asking to research, ask people what the big canon issues are. And also, this isn't the comic book industry, so that's irrelevant. The vault thing is well known on bl.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 28, 2014, 08:37:09 PM »

Well, it depends on the level of research, really. But, yes, it's not reasonable to expect you to trawl through the entirety of BL looking for information you've missed, there's just too much of it there.
Again, he can ask for the information/source in the questions thread, and for the issues he would be looking to clarify he could ask in his Q&A thread.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 28, 2014, 08:38:24 PM »
I'm not asking to research, ask people what the big canon issues are. And also, this isn't the comic book industry, so that's irrelevant. The vault thing is well known on bl.

When you say something is "well known" on BL, though, what you mean is that people who post regularly on BL (or in certain parts thereof) know them. Lantz doesn't do that, and I certainly don't (thanks to Altima...), so you can't necessarily expect us to know these things.

Still, if there are problems, then pointing them out makes sense. I don't see why you need to wait for people on BL to do it....

Again, he can ask for the information/source in the questions thread, and for the issues he would be looking to clarify he could ask in his Q&A thread.

He can't ask for information unless he knows what is wrong, and whoever is pointing out what is wrong can also obviously tell him how it is wrong....
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 08:39:33 PM by Cherry Lover »