Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).  (Read 171899 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).
« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2014, 08:50:26 PM »
Rider would quickly drop to 0 Morality in WoD and become a Slasher since she does not give a shit about a city full of innocent people.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2014, 08:50:58 PM »
And Rider is clearly amoral, Chris, so her aligment being more believable than Sabers Charisma really says a lot about Saber.

She's not amoral, she does care about people and doesn't seem to particularly want to do bad things, but I would agree she's not good. There's a reason I've got her as Chaotic Neutral....

If slaughtering an entire city for one person is something she goes "I'd happily do that" to, then yes, she is amoral. Especially since it's not even self-defense.

It's in the defence of someone she cares for, I think that's similar. She doesn't lack morality, she just has people she prioritises.

So the player hostility needs to be drop now and so does the subject.

Lantz is so cradled by Mike's admin powers that he thinks he has them for himself, how adorable.

He's allowed to ask people to stop, it has sod all to do with admin powers. Other people have done it before.

And, frankly, this isn't helpful in any way, so I think it should stop. I understand you questioning the charisma thing, but you're doing it in an extremely impolite manner.

Brahmastra

« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2014, 08:56:50 PM »
It's in the defence of someone she cares for, I think that's similar. She doesn't lack morality, she just has people she prioritises.

That's the most infantile and stupendously retarded logic I've heard all day, minus the Charisma thing.

Let me set up the scales for you. In the one scale you have 50000 people. In the other scale you have your GF/whatever. You're going to have to pick one or the other no matter what. What do you do? Shoot your whore GF in the face and let the 50000 people live because otherwise you're a horrible fucking person.

He's allowed to ask people to stop, it has sod all to do with admin powers. Other people have done it before.

And, frankly, this isn't helpful in any way, so I think it should stop. I understand you questioning the charisma thing, but you're doing it in an extremely impolite manner.

Requesting people being polite on the internet is like bringing up arms laws; You don't do it because you won't get anywhere.

I asked lantz a simple question. He gave me about 5 posts of handwavey bullshit because he refuses to give a simple answer to a simple question. That's even more impolite than just admitting that you were in wrong (then again, lantz seems to have some debilitating mental illness that makes him think he can never be wrong) or just saying "no" from the start.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 08:58:46 PM by Brahmastra »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2014, 09:03:14 PM »
amor·al adjective \(ˌ)ā-ˈmȯr-əl, (ˌ)a-, -ˈmär-\
: having or showing no concern about whether behavior is morally right or wrong

Full Definition of AMORAL

a :  being neither moral nor immoral; specifically :  lying outside the sphere to which moral judgments apply <science as such is completely amoral — W. S. Thompson>
b :  lacking moral sensibility <infants are amoral>
:  being outside or beyond the moral order or a particular code of morals <amoral customs>

Rider doesn't care whether or not the action is good or evil. She only cares about Sakura. Sounds amoral to me.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 09:03:49 PM by Umbra of Chaos »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2014, 09:05:44 PM »

That's the most infantile and stupendously retarded logic I've heard all day, minus the Charisma thing.

Let me set up the scales for you. In the one scale you have 50000 people. In the other scale you have your GF/whatever. You're going to have to pick one or the other no matter what. What do you do? Shoot your whore GF in the face and let the 50000 people live because otherwise you're a horrible fucking person.

Nope, sorry, that is bullshit. Just because you are utilitarian it does not mean everyone else is. I'm not saying choosing the GF is right, but doing so does not mean you have no morals, or even that you are evil. It just means you value that person a lot.

Requesting people being polite on the internet is like bringing up arms laws; You don't do it because you won't get anywhere.

Nope, sorry, this is not 4chan. You don't have to be perfectly polite, but if you're going to be an asshole expect to be treated like one.

I asked lantz a simple question. He gave me about 5 posts of handwavey bullshit because he refuses to give a simple answer to a simple question. That's even more impolite than just admitting that you were in wrong (then again, lantz seems to have some debilitating mental illness that makes him think he can never be wrong) or just saying "no" from the start.

OK, cut that crap out now. Insults are not acceptable.

amor·al adjective \(ˌ)ā-ˈmȯr-əl, (ˌ)a-, -ˈmär-\
: having or showing no concern about whether behavior is morally right or wrong

Full Definition of AMORAL

a :  being neither moral nor immoral; specifically :  lying outside the sphere to which moral judgments apply <science as such is completely amoral — W. S. Thompson>
b :  lacking moral sensibility <infants are amoral>
:  being outside or beyond the moral order or a particular code of morals <amoral customs>

Rider doesn't care whether or not the action is good or evil. She only cares about Sakura. Sounds amoral to me.

I don't think it's true that Rider doesn't care if her actions are good or evil, she just cares about Sakura more. I don't think she's amoral at all.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 09:07:05 PM by Cherry Lover »

Brahmastra

« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2014, 09:06:38 PM »
Who said anything about insults? I was being honest. Lying about it is even more impolite. Im merely suggesting that lantz should seek actual psychotherapy, might help his attitude out.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 09:09:56 PM by Brahmastra »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2014, 09:11:17 PM »
I don't think it's true that Rider doesn't care if her actions are good or evil, she just cares about Sakura more. I don't think she's amoral at all.

If Sakura asked of it she would melt the city. She cares about Sakura so much that she would disregard everything else, whether or not it's good or evil doesn't even apply to Rider when Sakura is brought into the equation. If Sakura is there then Rider is amoral because she gives no shit about anything else in comparison.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2014, 09:16:34 PM »
Kuro, we are in the middle of a series of alleys, he not getting onto a main street anytime soon. And she is about to run the guy through.

Might want to edit you post with that in mind.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2014, 09:18:27 PM »
You know, I think it's entirely possible to make "wrong" decisions driven by selfishness while recognizing that they are indeed that and then bearing the weight of that choice. Especially if the choice was for the sake of someone or something you cared more for than the alternative.

In hindsight, characters like that would probably view themselves as terrible people, but it's a situation that breeds the kind of personal conflict you really want to see in a story. That's how I think anyways.

Rider seems amoral in the way that she'll discard any beliefs of "good" or "evil" if it means saving or helping Sakura. It's not that she doesn't have morals at all, but she's amoral where it concerns Sakura because she cares much more for her well-being than most things. Enough to disregard the righteousness (or lack thereof) of her actions if necessary.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 09:19:12 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2014, 09:20:20 PM »
I did not exactly place Minato on a main street, but ok.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 25, 2014, 09:22:23 PM »
Ya but even then we still like in the dead middle of an alley. He not just going to see the guy who is about to be impaled without looking down an alley. And even then ability to interfere is probably slim.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 09:23:59 PM by Knick »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2014, 09:24:28 PM »

If Sakura asked of it she would melt the city. She cares about Sakura so much that she would disregard everything else, whether or not it's good or evil doesn't even apply to Rider when Sakura is brought into the equation. If Sakura is there then Rider is amoral because she gives no shit about anything else in comparison.

She's not "amoral", it's just that she puts protecting those she loves first. That is in itself a type of moral, and one that most people follow to at least some extent. She does seem not to want to harm people when possible, so she does have morality.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2014, 09:28:07 PM »
Debating on how, when, and/or where I should bring in Lyco Aptera. I don't really want to rehash his first intro post, but I can't really think of much else yet.
And I think Soldat wanted to make a draconian character - so I might wait a little bit.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 09:28:53 PM by Lycodrake »
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2014, 09:30:04 PM »
Ya but even then we still like in the dead middle of an alley. He not just going to see the guy who is about to be impaled without looking down an alley. And even then ability to interfere is probably slim.

Ok, that was not made clear in your post, I just reread it to make sure.

This is just a bit irritating because I may just end up with Minato walking around doing nothing, whatever, I'll just do that.

Done, Minato is now nowhere in particular.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 09:35:07 PM by Kurogami »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2014, 09:34:44 PM »
Mike, she is not good by any measure. Her disregard for human life is appaling for sensitivities of modern people, and I bet even ancient Greeks would cringe.