Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).  (Read 171933 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).
« Reply #180 on: May 26, 2014, 01:53:11 AM »
Keep your lies to yourself Brah.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2014, 01:53:59 AM »
I must question the plausibility of Sakura ever being able to master Angra Mainyu. She has nothing close to the willpower or ego of Gil. There is no possible way for her to master it.

Ego, no, certainly not, but I'm not so sure about willpower. Sakura has a lot of willpower.

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2014, 01:59:30 AM »

But, why would Sakura be able to flat out ignore All the Evils of the World? In canon, Gil does it because of his massive ego, but how would Sakura be able to?

Ego, no, certainly not, but I'm not so sure about willpower. Sakura has a lot of willpower.

Agreed on ego but not on willpower. Gil has incredible willpower, and, well, all of us have read FSN. "Willpower" is not what we think of when we think of Sakura (we think of passive, worm training, cooking, etc.). Sure, she has some, but not on Gil's level.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 02:02:34 AM by Mooncake »
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2014, 02:02:27 AM »

But, why would Sakura be able to flat out ignore All the Evils of the World? In canon, Gil does it because of his massive ego, but how would Sakura be able to?

Because she has a lot of willpower, I presume, and a lot of time to do it.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 26, 2014, 02:03:56 AM »
Dude there is a difference between resisting the mental damage of the worms, and "All The Evils Of The World". Ego is also an extremely important factor. It is your sense of self, and no one has anything close to Gil's ego. Anyone else would just get swallowed up in AM.

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 26, 2014, 02:04:54 AM »

Because she has a lot of willpower, I presume, and a lot of time to do it.

I would like to respectfully point out that I was asking Lantz. However, I don't think Sakura can flat out ignore Angra Mainyu. It just doesn't make sense. She has some willpower, sure, and a lot of time, sure, but that wouldn't help her much against the combined might of every sin humanity has accumulated.
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Brahmastra

« Reply #186 on: May 26, 2014, 02:05:41 AM »

Anyone who thinks it's actually ego that does it for Gil is out of his face. Gil has completely inhuman willpower + 100% self-affirmation in his own existence, so that it cannot be clouded by a billion gazillion curses. So it's more Willpower + nothing being able to sully an existence as absolute as Gil's.

Sakura is insecure and not very confident in herself. She has the willpower to kinda-resist worm rape, but that's more the fact that she's so used to it by that point that it can't faze her that much any more. She'd buckle under from a fully-on AM mental attack faster than you can say "Senpai".

Feel free to believe your own cancerous fanon, just like with 99.9% of the rest of your stuff, I'm just saying you're wrong.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 02:07:00 AM by Brahmastra »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 26, 2014, 02:05:48 AM »
You've misread that quote Mooncake, I was referring to the nasty, entirely false statement that I write bash fiction. She did not shrug it off, she choked it out slowly mastering it.

Brahmastra

« Reply #188 on: May 26, 2014, 02:07:51 AM »
She did not shrug it off, she choked it out slowly mastering it.

If she doesn't survive first contact like Gil can, she's dead as shit.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 26, 2014, 02:09:45 AM »
Sakura is insecure and not very confident in herself. She has the willpower to kinda-resist worm rape, but that's more the fact that she's so used to it by that point that it can't faze her that much any more.

Erm, no, Sakura is just a very strong-willed person. If she wasn't then she would not be able to go against Zouken even expecting to be tortured for it.

She'd buckle under from a fully-on AM mental attack faster than you can say "Senpai".

Erm, nope. HF demonstrates quite conclusively that this is very definitely false. She resists AM for a long time.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 26, 2014, 02:10:43 AM »
Gil is water, AM is oil. Don't mix.

Sakura is... something that mixes with oil, AM is oil. They can mix, even if there is resistance.

Thus Sakura cannot master AM, AM will master Sakura.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 26, 2014, 02:13:37 AM »
So yeah, Law just murdered the shit out of someone in the center of town in cold blood for no reason other than 'He Wanted To.'

God I wish Gregori could see this.

Brahmastra

« Reply #192 on: May 26, 2014, 02:14:55 AM »

Erm, nope. HF demonstrates quite conclusively that this is very definitely false. She resists AM for a long time.

She resists jack shit. AM is the full 6 billion curses, not the nagging of the Crest Worm + the Shadow making her feverish. AM corrupts Sakura completely in the matter of 2 weeks, at the VERY best on her end.

To give you the HF example, the reason Sakura has to immediately turn Gil into Prana is because his willpower is so great that he'd burst out of her after 5 seconds like the Kool-Aid Man.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 02:15:50 AM by Brahmastra »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 26, 2014, 02:18:02 AM »
She resists jack shit. AM is the full 6 billion curses, not the nagging of the Crest Worm + the Shadow making her feverish. AM corrupts Sakura completely in the matter of 2 weeks, at the VERY best on her end.

AM corrupts Sakura after two weeks of constant fucking with her mind and a lot of other mental pressures. Without that she wouldn't have broken despire the strain.

To claim that Sakura doesn't have a lot of willpower is just utterly idiotic. You clearly do not understand her character one damn bit.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 26, 2014, 02:21:09 AM »
Your arguing that a Sakura still being fucked around with by Zouken would have the willpower to master AM.

Gil is water, AM is oil. Don't mix.

Sakura is... something that mixes with oil, AM is oil. They can mix, even if there is resistance.

Thus Sakura cannot master AM, AM will master Sakura.

Also this.