Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).  (Read 172672 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).
« Reply #195 on: May 26, 2014, 02:25:11 AM »
I'm not arguing anything of the sort, that is up to Lantz. I am just arguing against Brah's insinuation that Sakura is somehow weak (or, rather, not exceptionally mentally strong).

Brahmastra

« Reply #196 on: May 26, 2014, 02:26:55 AM »
To claim that Sakura doesn't have a lot of willpower is just utterly idiotic. You clearly do not understand her character one damn bit.

I don't see the need of understanding a character that's less a character and more an object. HF was nearly ruined by Sakura, and only saved by Illya and Kirei.

You'd note that I said that she has a respectable amount of willpower, but that there is no way in fuck she'd ever resist it completely, much less tame it. Of course, you'd not note that because you're in full "muh waifu" blind rage mode.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 26, 2014, 02:27:12 AM »
Again, Willpower is not all that's required. You need a solid sense of self, something Sakura doesn't really have. She doesn't have utter confidence in herself, like Gil does. AM would break through that.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 26, 2014, 02:30:12 AM »
I honestly don't care, sheet's up. It's up to Elf.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 26, 2014, 02:34:56 AM »
Oh, by the way Lantz: Why does Sakura have EX charisma? Having more charisma than the first Emperor of Mankind is a pretty tall order. Why hasn't she taken over the world yet?

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 26, 2014, 02:36:29 AM »
I would suggest changing it to say something like mastered a small fragment of AM instead of the whole thing, you can have her possess the same level of power even with that, and it doesn't lessen either Sakura or Angra in any significant way.

I might also add that one does not need to master second magic to travel between worlds, that is to say that if she was a master of the second she would be Zel level automaticaly. She could just as easily use a supercharged version of shadow transport to move between worlds.

Just my thoughts, do with them what you will.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 26, 2014, 02:36:50 AM »
Oh, by the way Lantz: Why does Sakura have EX charisma? Having more charisma than the first Emperor of Mankind is a pretty tall order. Why hasn't she taken over the world yet?
because 25 pound breasts

I actually dunno lol

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 26, 2014, 02:36:57 AM »
I honestly don't care, sheet's up. It's up to Elf.

I would suggest changing it to say something like mastered a small fragment of AM instead of the whole thing, you can have her possess the same level of power even with that, and it doesn't lessen either Sakura or Angra in any significant way.

I might also add that one does not need to master second magic to travel between worlds, that is to say that if she was a master of the second she would be Zel level automaticaly. She could just as easily use a supercharged version of shadow transport to move between worlds.

Just my thoughts, do with them what you will.

The Second is "The Operation Of Parallel Worlds". It is a True Magic because there is no other way to travel between parallel dimensions except using it. Also there is a difference between jumping around a town and bridging the gap between parallel worlds.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 02:40:19 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 26, 2014, 02:44:59 AM »
Good thoughts Kuro but I'm waiting on Elf. I'd prefer not to be forced to alter the characters I draw up, especially given the seriously rude behavior of those complaining. We have lunatic demigods running around, I don't think Sakura is as shark jumping as they claim, or at all for that matter.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 26, 2014, 02:48:51 AM »
These lunatic demigods make sense within their established world/context though, without having to hang your disbelief or requiring a ton of explaining that involves mostly "maybes" and "shoulds."

M'just saying.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 26, 2014, 02:53:50 AM »
I think it's simply because you're using a cannon character and screwing with their canon Lantz but hey you write for fun so if you think it's cool and you won't ever change your opinion on that go ahead just have your fun.

A lot of the stuff you write has no real point to it beyond "hey that's awesome or funny in my eyes" so I'm just saying have your fun.

Also remember Lantz the argument we had about Grim's capabiliites. You were a marvel comics fanboy and you kept on talking about stuff about me lying about how my symbiote worked on affecting personality. I highligted it in my sheet how it affected the characters it possessed (slight aggro increase that's all along with stat boosts) yet when I stated that it wouldn't fuck with your chararcter's personality beyond that you said I was lying. Lantz that's what it feels like everytime you write anything to do with the Nasuverse.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 26, 2014, 02:59:25 AM »
Well Kuro, here is the Tokiomi I promised, develop it as you want.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 26, 2014, 03:07:06 AM »
Gray you've confused the context there, I didn't say yours worked like that. I said that if you follow canon they work by increasing aggression in the host. Massive difference.

Names that honestly is pointless. In my opinion having either Gil or Karna being played by players period is unbalanced and unfair, especially when those same players demand others be nerfed.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 26, 2014, 03:08:58 AM »
They're not asking Sakura to be nerfed. They're asking her to make sense. For all the things they can pull they have sources from the actual legends to back them up. Elf will also smite them if they do retarded crap anyways.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 03:10:11 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 26, 2014, 03:09:50 AM »
Hey, Lantz, can you answer that simple fucking question of 'how does Sakura have Charisma EX?'