Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).  (Read 172390 times)

Brahmastra

Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).
« Reply #420 on: May 27, 2014, 03:07:58 PM »

Arch, Elf specifically told you to stay away from Lantz (I think, anyway). That means stay away from Lantz....

We have zero evidence of this, so unless Elf steps up and makes it clear, Magos can countergank all he wants.

Lantz is pretty blatantly setting up a player kill. We have the full right to intervene IC.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 27, 2014, 03:19:43 PM »
We have zero evidence of this, so unless Elf steps up and makes it clear, Magos can countergank all he wants.

Well, Elf told me she'd told Arch (and you, for that matter) to keep away from Lantz, and she told Lantz to keep away from you. So, unless I misunderstood her, yes, it happened. She just did it in private rather than publicly.

Lantz is pretty blatantly setting up a player kill. We have the full right to intervene IC.

Erm, no, if Lantz is setting up a player kill, then the correct thing to do is to let Elf intervene. Just like how the correct thing for Lantz to do when Arch set up a PK for him was to let Elf intervene, not meta-game to avoid it. And, yes, saying "I'll stop you killing x" is meta-gaming, at least as a general statement.

And, for the record, I'm pretty sure he's not setting up a PK, and even if he was intending to I very much doubt that any of your characters could reasonably prevent it (especially without meta-gaming). It's just that Gil is a big part of a lot of Lantz's stories (as a villain, of course), so comes up in the backstory.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 03:21:12 PM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 27, 2014, 03:24:37 PM »
Yet again Names, do not put words in my mouth. You have no right to tell me how I think. You are wrong in your assumptions.

My characters are largely a social group, fighting will be minimal likely and I'm not pking or planning to. Gilgamesh is unlikable, and intentionally so. As a result, yes my characters do not like him.

@Umbra

yes, Elf did, that's why I can post when I catch up.

Rin took Sakura's place, basically. It's way to damn long to explain, I'm not sure if I explain all of it that it will fit in a post.

Brahmastra

« Reply #423 on: May 27, 2014, 03:26:08 PM »
Actually I'll argue that Gigamesh is one of the most likable characters Nasu has ever written.

Rin took Sakura's place, basically. It's way to damn long to explain, I'm not sure if I explain all of it that it will fit in a post.

I fit a 24555 letter character sheet into a single post, so you're basically just dodging the question.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 03:29:48 PM by Brahmastra »

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 27, 2014, 03:29:45 PM »
Yet again Names, do not put words in my mouth. You have no right to tell me how I think. You are wrong in your assumptions.
I could make any of your character sheets in three minutes or less. If that somehow translates to the original sheet maker putting in any large amount of effort, I will eat my shoe.

And yes, putting close to nothing as a backstory is irregular, mostly when dealing with an established universe.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 27, 2014, 03:30:44 PM »
Actually I'll argue that Gigamesh is one of the most likable characters Nasu has ever written.

Well, you're free to argue that, but it's pretty obvious that he isn't intended to be, and I sure as hell don't agree with that assertion.

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 27, 2014, 03:32:54 PM »
I am waiting, Nachooooos! Argwargblgarblwrwrwrwrwr...
Dude I already posted

Okay, posted back.

Brahmastra

« Reply #427 on: May 27, 2014, 03:32:59 PM »

Well, you're free to argue that, but it's pretty obvious that he isn't intended to be, and I sure as hell don't agree with that assertion.

If Gil was truly such an unlikable character, he probably wouldn't have scratched #9 on the 10th Anniversary TYPE-MOON Favorite Characters poll. And that poll was before CCC came out and gave people far more reason to like him.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 27, 2014, 03:36:45 PM »
In order to explain Archer here I'd have to explain Dark Rin, Dark Rin is however a long, mostly irrelevant story (in regards to Archer's back story in regards to playability.) so I cut the difference and dealt directly with Archer, the guy I'm planing on playing.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 27, 2014, 03:39:01 PM »
Look at my ragna backstory, I cut out like every single unrelated character and a lot from the related ones and I still managed to get the gist of it down and in the open

wasn't even hard

use effort

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 27, 2014, 03:41:28 PM »
And look at my goddamn character sheets, Lantz. I mean, LOOK AT THEM.

I had to research that shit, man, legit.

Brahmastra

« Reply #431 on: May 27, 2014, 03:43:43 PM »
I only named like 5 characters that weren't Karna in his backstory and that came out without any issues. Lantz, put in some fucking effort.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 27, 2014, 03:56:44 PM »
Those characters have complex relevant history. Dark Archer doesn't, he got servant ganked, that's it really.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 27, 2014, 04:00:13 PM »
if it's that simple

then just explain what happened to him

in like more than two words

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 27, 2014, 04:15:40 PM »
Gilgamesh is unlikable, and intentionally so. As a result, yes my characters do not like him.

Gilgamesh is unlikable, and intentionally so.

Gilgamesh is unlikable