Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).  (Read 172415 times)

Brahmastra

Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).
« Reply #510 on: May 27, 2014, 08:27:01 PM »
Zouken doesn't look remotely like he does in canon, so if she recognises him I'd accuse you of metagaming. She also doesn't know that his real name is Zolgen
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 08:27:48 PM by Brahmastra »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 27, 2014, 08:27:22 PM »
Zolgen has like, 50 breeding pits in the sewers. All he would get from that encounter is a few dead insects and the knowledge that a servant is running around. Not that dangerous.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 27, 2014, 08:28:40 PM »
Zouken doesn't look remotely like he does in canon, so if she recognises him I'd accuse you of metagaming. She also doesn't know that his real name is Zolgen

Worms, for one thing. Further, I suspect she would know the name "Makiri" and possibly "Zolgen", it's probably in the Matou magic books somewhere, and I'm sure Sakura would have read those at some point. Plus, I recall someone mentioning "Makiri" at some point in HF.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 27, 2014, 08:30:59 PM »
1) Rider would probably not recognize Zolgen, he looks different, acts different, and feels different. Especially since he would never introduce himself to a monstrosity such as Angra Mainyu. And why do you assume he only has worms? He has a ton of different Insect familiars.

2) He would not be 'going after her' he would begin by bringing the attention of such an entity to the powerhouses in the city, he knows he can't kill it alone. From there he would act as the organizer, tracking her and organizing a proper attack.

3) Zolgen would never go in person. He is not stupid.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 08:32:30 PM by Knick »

Brahmastra

« Reply #514 on: May 27, 2014, 08:31:37 PM »
Illya uses Makiri, but never in the presence of Rider. Also Sakura's knowledge =/= Rider's knowledge. Plus IIRC the epilogue of HF states that Sakura sold all the Matou books for mad $$$$

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 27, 2014, 08:34:31 PM »
2) He would not be 'going after her' he would begin by bringing the attention of such an entity to the powerhouses in the city, he knows he can't kill it alone. From there he would act as the organizer, tracking her and organizing a proper attack.

3) Zolgen would never go in person. He is not stupid.

OK, is there a reason you insist on attempting to kill off one of Lantz's characters and dragging us into the sort of big battle we're explicitly trying to avoid?

Illya uses Makiri, but never in the presence of Rider. Also Sakura's knowledge =/= Rider's knowledge.

No, but over the course of 30 years I'd expect them to talk a reasonable amount.

Plus IIRC the epilogue of HF states that Sakura sold all the Matou books for mad $$$$

Yes, but that doesn't mean she (or Rin, at least) never read them first.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 27, 2014, 08:37:53 PM »
OK, is there a reason you insist on attempting to kill off one of Lantz's characters and dragging us into the sort of big battle we're explicitly trying to avoid?

Because Zolgen is watching everything in town so is aware of her (or it to him).

And it is completely IC for him to do what he is doing. If you deny me doing this you deny my ability to be Zolgen in the RP. Especially since Sakura was not at all discreet in her use of her power, I mean she just ATE a vampire rave.

That set Zolgen off. Cause he now knows AM is in the city and two it has Sakura's anti-spirit powers. Which is bad.

If you don't want players to jump of your characters actions, even if it leads to conflict, do not RP with a group of people.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 08:38:45 PM by Knick »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 27, 2014, 08:39:38 PM »

Because Zolgen is watching everything in town so is aware of her (or it to him).

And it is completely IC for him to do what he is doing. If you deny me doing this you deny my ability to be Zolgen in the RP. Especially since Sakura was not at all discreet in her use of her power, I mean she just ATE a vampire rave.

That set Zolgen off. Cause he now knows AM is in the city and two it has Sakura's anti-spirit powers. Which is bad.

Look, this is not meant to be a combat-based RP. You're trying to drag Lantz into a battle he has no realistic chance of winning and does not want, which is going to cause exactly the same damn problems we had last time, and then you'll insist it is Lantz's fault and try to get him kicked because you're intentionally stirring up trouble.

The problem here is that you are deliberately setting up a no-win situation. This is not meant to be an RP about who has the biggest dick, but you guys seem to insist on doing so.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 08:41:15 PM by Cherry Lover »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 27, 2014, 08:39:43 PM »

It also means he'll likely drag Law into it to help deal with AM - a spiritual anomaly like him might have a trick up its sleeve. And if he senses Rider attacking someone, Law won't hesitate to get the iron wire and bottles out.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 27, 2014, 08:40:27 PM »
Zolgen has like, 50 breeding pits in the sewers. All he would get from that encounter is a few dead insects and the knowledge that a servant is running around. Not that dangerous.

Unless Rider can kill every single insect Zolgen has he'll be fine.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 27, 2014, 08:42:04 PM »

It also means he'll likely drag Law into it to help deal with AM - a spiritual anomaly like him might have a trick up its sleeve. And if he senses Rider attacking someone, Law won't hesitate to get the iron wire and bottles out.

Which is exactly the damn problem. You guys are abusing your powers to force other people to RP how you want them to or to remove them from the RP entirely. You should absolutely not be doing that.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 27, 2014, 08:43:01 PM »
Look, this is not meant to be a combat-based RP. You're trying to drag Lantz into a battle he has no realistic chance of winning and does not want, which is going to cause exactly the same damn problems we had last time, and then you'll insist it is Lantz's fault and try to get him kicked because you're intentionally stirring up trouble.

Then you miss the point of an RP like this.

You play you character, even if that means adapting to unexpected situations you do it.

Because that is what it would be like if this was an actually real. You have to be the character for the RP and react as if it was real, not a game.

Saying "NONONO, this not what we want" does not matter, cause you are denying the ability for others to play their character correctly and to their full ability.

It is just insulting to them and to the spirit of the RP itself.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 08:43:37 PM by Knick »

Brahmastra

« Reply #522 on: May 27, 2014, 08:45:25 PM »

Which is exactly the damn problem. You guys are abusing your powers to force other people to RP how you want them to or to remove them from the RP entirely. You should absolutely not be doing that.

And you aren't forcing Knick to RP in a way he doesn't to by forcing Rider to myrder him at every oppurtunity? Grow some fucking Balls and realize that everything going exactly how you want to is boring as shit.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 27, 2014, 08:45:38 PM »

Then you miss the point of an RP like this.

You play you character, even if that means adapting to unexpected situations you do it.

Because that is what it would be like if this was an actually real. You have to be the character for the RP and react as if it was real, not a game.

Saying "NONONO, this not what we want" does not matter, cause you are denying the ability for others to play their character correctly and to their full ability.

It is just insulting to them and to the spirit of the RP itself.

It is not a matter of "adapting to unexpected situations". How the fuck is Sakura meant to survive an attack from Gil, Karna etc.? You're putting him in a position where there is no satisfactory outcome.

Further, the RP is meant to be fun. And that means fun for everyone, not just the people with uber-OP characters. You are acting like your character should be omniscient and then abusing that to drag Lantz into a situation he absolutely does not want and which cannot end anything but badly for no good reason whatsoever. Have some damn consideration for what other players want for once.

And you aren't forcing Knick to RP in a way he doesn't to by forcing Rider to myrder him at every oppurtunity? Grow some fucking Balls and realize that everything going exactly how you want to is boring as shit.

The difference is that I am not going to send Rider after him like that if he explicitly doesn't want to do so and if doing so will drag him into a long and boring fight he does not want. Rider won't be hunting Zouken all RP, I assure you of that.

Going after Sakura is fine, but what Knick is doing here is setting the situation up so that she has no possible escape. The rest of the RP for her will be nothing but constant fights with OP characters, and that is not fun.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 08:47:38 PM by Cherry Lover »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 27, 2014, 08:45:44 PM »
...You're asking me to play my character entirely against his purpose, creation, and what he is.

He's a Sin Eater of the Advocate/Gatekeeper archtypes. He maintains the barrier between the worlds, and that means from both sides. He'll help ghosts move on if he can, but if he can't, or they're attacking people, he will show no mercy. And that means sealing or destruction. So Mike, if Rider starts attacking people, Law becomes interested because she is, for lack of a better term, a ghost.

And unless she can very, very quickly explain why she tried to murder a man just for existing, he'll seal her without question. Hell, he might just seal her even if she does explain, because she's a threat.