Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).  (Read 171900 times)

Brahmastra

Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).
« Reply #630 on: May 28, 2014, 06:58:07 PM »
(ranked higher then Merem, who has 4 divine beasts)

For the record on this, Mike, Rider's super Pegasus isn't even a Divine Beast.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 28, 2014, 07:05:07 PM »
Well, yes, although it is hardly Rider's fault that she is like she is.

Does not matter really. Not the fault of magi that they where born that way either, but they still Heritics. The church hunts heritcs and inhuman monsters, it is just what they do. If they are born that way means nothing to them.

Except that said kid would be trying to kill him, because, to him, Rider is not a "monster", Rider is family. If you kill his aunt (or even attempt to do so), then as far as he is concerned you are a monster yourself, and nothing you say is going to convince him otherwise (at least if successful, if you fail it's possible that an apology and a promise to not do it again would be enough).

He think it some sort of mental control, he has seen such things, both by dead apostles and by the vampires of the city (especially since some of the kids he takes care of where basically being treated as mobile blood bags). He would basically treat him as a kid with a lot of trauma and try to break him out of it. Not that that actually what it is.

And, no, he can't be "disarmed" (because he uses magic), and nor is the fact that he's horribly outclassed going to stop him (because he's a kid, and his parents keep him the hell away from anything that can endanger him).

He will be bound by his shadow the moment he takes a hostile action to Shiro, a very effective method of stopping brainwashed kids from going bonkers. Cause he can do everything Ciel can do with Black Keys but better.

Killing Rider wouldn't be easy, though, she is still a Heroic Spirit.

No she is a servant, very diffrent. And Shiro can fight servants. Ciel the weakest can only fight defensively vs them, number 4 can actually match them. He is a monster.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 07:09:04 PM by Knick »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 28, 2014, 07:10:03 PM »
Well, yes, although it is hardly Rider's fault that she is like she is.

Does not matter really. Not the fault of magi that they where born that way either, but they still Heritics. The church hunts heritcs and inhuman monsters, it is just what they do. If they are born that way means nothing to them.

Then he's not a very good person. Murdering someone in cold blood just because of how they were born is plain evil.

Except that said kid would be trying to kill him, because, to him, Rider is not a "monster", Rider is family. If you kill his aunt (or even attempt to do so), then as far as he is concerned you are a monster yourself, and nothing you say is going to convince him otherwise (at least if successful, if you fail it's possible that an apology and a promise to not do it again would be enough).

He think it some sort of mental control, he has seen such things, both by dead apostles and by the vampires of the city (especially since some of the kids he takes care of where basically being treated as mobile blood bags). He would basically treat him as a kid with a lot of trauma and try to break him out of it. Not that that actually what it is.

Yeah, he'd definitely not have much success in that respect....

And, no, he can't be "disarmed" (because he uses magic), and nor is the fact that he's horribly outclassed going to stop him (because he's a kid, and his parents keep him the hell away from anything that can endanger him).

He will be bound by his shadow the moment he takes a hostile action to Shiro, a very effective method of stopping brainwashed kids from going bonkers. Cause he can do everything Ciel can do with Black Keys but better.

Well, fair enough, but he'd have to let Kiyoshi go at some point, and he's never going to "unbrainwash" him because he's not brainwashed....

No she is a servant, very diffrent. And Shiro can fight servants. Ciel the weakest can only fight defensively vs them, number 4 can actually match them. He is a monster.

Yeah, it still won't be easy for him, though.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 07:10:51 PM by Cherry Lover »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 28, 2014, 07:18:18 PM »
Then he's not a very good person. Murdering someone in cold blood just because of how they were born is plain evil.

Have you paid attention to ANYTHING Church related in the nasuverse?

They are not really nice people in general. I mean the people in them can be kind sure. But they still follow the tenets of the church.

Shiro however is a really nice guy with outstanding faith etched into his soul. He cannot doubt the church and its teaching, it literally not possible for him.

Also, I am going to say it now. Do NOT get into the evil debate. It is not the time or place for it. Nor is it at all relevant as we are simply discussing our characters, which is exactly one of the things this thread is for. 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 07:23:17 PM by Knick »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 28, 2014, 07:29:10 PM »
Well, sure, my point is that "kills someone just for existing" is not overly compatible with "nice". Also, Kiyoshi is a magus (well, sort-of, anyway) but also a child, so what would he do there?

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 28, 2014, 07:35:12 PM »
Executors aren't chosen for the kindness in their hearts. And the BA is a reunion of freaks that the Church itself doesn't really want to be related with but keeps them anyway because they are useful.

Kiyoshi has nothing to fear for magi that aren't a serious threat wouldn't be targeted.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 07:36:30 PM by Daiki »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 28, 2014, 07:41:43 PM »
Well, sure, my point is that "kills someone just for existing" is not overly compatible with "nice".

No, that would be good. It is very possible for someone to be nice but not good to most people's views (since goodness is subjective).

Now lets NOT GET INTO THIS. It is not the place to discuss morality and good and evil. This thread is just for OOC talk about the RP, characters or what is happening in it.

Also, Kiyoshi is a magus (well, sort-of, anyway) but also a child, so what would he do there?

The fact that he is a child means he can still learn to serve the church or accept the churches teachings.

I mean they do have people with magecraft in their ranks, just like they have a DAA made by and is a loyal follower of Crimson Moon in their ranks. They are kinda hypocritical in that way. To Shiro that does not matter though because they are all servants of the lord.

Also look at Daiki's post.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 07:42:24 PM by Knick »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 28, 2014, 07:43:35 PM »
Given that Kiyoshi's entire family are magi in some manner (and none of them are the asshole kind of magi, either), I don't think he's going to be too receptive to Shiro's ideas....

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 28, 2014, 07:44:42 PM »
Which Shiro would not understand. He finds nothing more valuable then discovering the Lord.

But damn it he would not keep trying.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 28, 2014, 07:46:20 PM »
Well, the religion aspect he might not mind, the "murder my extremely kind and caring parents" aspect he would be rather less fond of....

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 28, 2014, 07:51:39 PM »
You seem to be misunderstanding something.

Why would Shiro push someone to accept the 8th assembly? The only people that should follow that are the members of it and the Burial Agency, since they don't have to follow the other tenets. Shiro knows it takes an either massive amount of faith or a 'special' type of individual to do what he does. He would not force it on anyone.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 07:53:40 PM by Knick »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 28, 2014, 08:17:38 PM »
I quit. I'm physically incapable of getting better grammar. That's a fact, not an opinion. Have your fun guys.

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 28, 2014, 08:25:36 PM »
Things won't end well for Songbird-chan...

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 28, 2014, 08:33:05 PM »
I quit. I'm physically incapable of getting better grammar. That's a fact, not an opinion. Have your fun guys.
Delete your post then and holy shit I am rejoicing.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 28, 2014, 08:53:02 PM »
Arch, you got what you wanted, stop the gloating.