Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).  (Read 172294 times)

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).
« Reply #795 on: May 30, 2014, 04:18:47 PM »
Well in Final Fantasy IX - my favorite in the series - Steiner's ultimate armors are either "Maximillian" or "Tin Armor". :V
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: May 30, 2014, 04:19:00 PM »
It is made out of jewels, but they are also jewels from the crown of an angel so that makes it speshul. The description also states that it surpasses Excalibur, but P3's Excalibur doesnt shoot beamus and it isn't made of humanity's hopes and dreams either.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 04:20:07 PM by Umbra of Chaos »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: May 30, 2014, 06:28:41 PM »
Actually, the best armor types in video games metal wise (assuming they don't use mythril or oricalchum instead) tend to be platinum every bit as often as gold. ...which is an even softer metal, but eh. :V

Yeah, that can often be true, but, as you say, the same principle applies (conflating value with utility).

Really, in the case of a lot of those games, it's not really like that for a practical reason so much as a convenient shorthand for, "this here sword's even better than that there sword if yer too lazy to look at the stats!" I don't think it happens as often now, and if anything, likely any gold or platinum sword is either just plated with those metals or like Goldie's armor are enchanted to the brim.

Old fashioned RPGs aren't the best reference for that, in other words. :P

Well, yes, I know. My point is that the rules of the universe in question trump physics (as much as I hate to say that).

Though in the case of Persona 3? I don't remember there being anything about gem swords like that. Granted, I haven't gotten far into the game, but I would think that even though this is a game where high school kids summon powerful spirits via doing something that suspiciously looks like shooting themselves in the head, that there would be slightly more realism with the weapons at least, material-wise. So there's that to consider. ...People who have gotten further into Persona 3 can correct me on that though. ^^"

Well, I dunno, but I'd guess that there is some mechanic as to why the sword works (firstly, magic, secondly it is probably not literally just made of gemstones).

It is made out of jewels, but they are also jewels from the crown of an angel so that makes it speshul.

Yeah, something that magical isn't really expected to follow real-life physics....

The description also states that it surpasses Excalibur, but P3's Excalibur doesnt shoot beamus and it isn't made of humanity's hopes and dreams either.

Yeah, I'd agree with this. "Surpasses Excalibur in the Personaverse" isn't the same as "is stronger than Saber's Excalibur".

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: May 30, 2014, 11:23:07 PM »
So yeah, decided to approach the two vampire girls. (Well, if Lyco's fine with it) Elf & Kat, do note that you don't have to fast forward your travel to the No Man's Land just to answer. Do w/e you want before that. Just remember that when you get close to your destination, these two socially awkward beings will accost you.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 11:23:38 PM by Daiki »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: May 30, 2014, 11:42:40 PM »
No problem.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: May 31, 2014, 12:29:16 AM »
New sheet posted, waiting on Elf for adventures at KFC:the anime:the light novel:the manga:the bedtime story

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 31, 2014, 12:40:36 AM »
So yeah, decided to approach the two vampire girls. (Well, if Lyco's fine with it) Elf & Kat, do note that you don't have to fast forward your travel to the No Man's Land just to answer. Do w/e you want before that. Just remember that when you get close to your destination, these two socially awkward beings will accost you.
I've had some power-outages so I've had trouble responding up until now, but I have no issue with meeting up with the two lady vampires.
[edit]
And oh wow, interacting with one of Elf's characters.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 12:57:10 AM by Lycodrake »

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 31, 2014, 01:14:18 AM »
In doubt, leave the negotiation to the dragon.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: May 31, 2014, 01:19:02 AM »
In doubt, leave the negotiation to the dragon.
Well, he has been "the messenger" and he has yet to be killed, so Lyco Aptera apparently has some level of skill in diplomacy.
Either that or the people he delivered messages to were afraid of Athena's retribution should her "pet dragon" receive so much as a single permanent scratch. XP

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: May 31, 2014, 01:22:38 AM »
Or it's the fangs.

And Celica enters. Jubei, Ragna, Hakumen & Celica would make a troublesome coalition.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 01:25:06 AM by Daiki »

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: May 31, 2014, 01:24:32 AM »
Or it's the fangs.
And the raptor-like talons. :3c

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: May 31, 2014, 01:52:33 AM »
Such speculation

much artistic creativity (or whatever it is the kids call it these days)

wow

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: May 31, 2014, 02:48:15 AM »
Brah: Lorelei has servant-stat rank A+ magic ability? Seriously? That's higher than Medea....

And, the other stats being servant level seems pretty odd, too. She's on the same level as Rider according to you, and I don't see how she can be that strong.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: May 31, 2014, 02:49:59 AM »
Lorelei fights dead apostle ancestors at a full moon with nothing but her magic. She could eat a servant alive.

Brahmastra

« Reply #809 on: May 31, 2014, 02:51:43 AM »
Brah: Lorelei has servant-stat rank A+ magic ability? Seriously? That's higher than Medea....

Do you just not read the rest of the profile or do you legit don't know who Lorelei is? She is pretty much the strongest known living human, who can use True Magic-tier normal Magecraft.

I repeat, with the kind of magic Rin could pick up in a week, Lorelei is approaching Zelretch-tier.

Physical stats are obviously Reinforcement.

Lorelei hunts Dead Apostle Ancestors (who are easily High-Servant tier) on red moons (where they are at their strongest) for sport

Simply put, she's the Bruce Lee of modern Magi.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 02:53:52 AM by Brahmastra »