Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).  (Read 171899 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).
« Reply #960 on: June 04, 2014, 10:17:08 AM »
Milbunk, Rin and Mille are in Tokimi's damn workshop,, you can't just say they met like that.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Brahmastra

« Reply #961 on: June 04, 2014, 10:26:01 AM »
I'm genuinely wondering if you've even read anything in the RP thread so far, Mil.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:29:40 AM by Brahmastra »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: June 04, 2014, 10:53:34 AM »
Yeah, honestly Mil, I'd probably delete that post and have Haruna go with another group that's easier to enter. Rin and Mille are in Tokiomi's workshop (along with Tokiomi himself), only one floor away from being at the top floor of a fancy apartment complex/condominium. Haruna would have had to make her way past the reception lady unnoticed, and then know which floor and room it even was in order to make it there. So yeah, probably another group would work better. ^^"

...Also, I need to stop falling asleep so early so I don't miss people, namely Elf. ^^" ...And also I should probably go back to bed right now so I avoid doing that. ^^"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:54:19 AM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: June 04, 2014, 04:01:41 PM »
Minato is about to go murder some vampires, Haruna could run into him out on the streets.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 04, 2014, 06:17:23 PM »
Alright you got me, I was just trying to keep my promise of posting yesterday and it was the very last thing I did before I went to bed. I was kinda tired and I just looked at the latest couple posts picking one I though might work. My concentration on RP's tends to slip when I'm not constantly posting myself and I was worried I'd get left too far behind or something before I actually joined.

I'll go ahead and delete that post, if you'd like to Kurogami you can intercept Haruna I wouldn't mind.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: June 04, 2014, 06:19:14 PM »
When Rider shows up (which should be fairly soon), if you want then you can run into her, or Kiyoshi (he's not someone Haruna would know, but it wouldn't be difficult to work it out given how he fights and looks).

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: June 04, 2014, 09:00:17 PM »
So I hear you can reserve spots. Cool.

I'm taking a spot for Alucard (a.k.a Vlad from Hellsing Abridged), Apocrypha Vlad (a.k.a. Vlad from Apocrypha), and Castlevania Dracula (a.k.a. Vlad from Castlevania).

Cheers!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:01:26 PM by Mooncake »
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: June 04, 2014, 09:44:50 PM »
Minimalistic, yes, but I'm out of ideas, people.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: June 05, 2014, 12:32:23 AM »
Can I make a suggestion to the rule system? I know you already went through the reboot and everything but It would be nice to see a bit more of standardization of this. It's a fantasy RP so magical abilities are emphasized heavily. Though the magical ability section is really vague. I understand that is in order to be compatible with the many verse systems that we work with. I believe though that it would be nice to split up Magical ability into seperate parameters just like how Speed is now general speed and agility.

I believe that it would be nice modification to have a statistic for Magical Capacity (not unlike the Mana stat in F/SN), Magical Skill (the general level of magical competence) and a section for teh abilities themselves. I say this due to the fact that in the abilities section people still give a statistic along with the abilities themselves often and sometimes it's hard to get a good picture of one's magical ability even if you know their specific skills. It would be a small edit for all the players in the game so far and it would be quick edit to the rules so I hope that you can integrate this in.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: June 05, 2014, 12:34:10 AM »
Finally got Tom fielded. Don't take the fact that he's near the Compound too much to heart, I'm honestly still not sure what I'm going to do with him as of yet. :P He's there if anyone needs him though.

And yeah, honestly, a revamp of the magic system might not be a bad idea. A bit of a pain since everyone would have to go back and add that to their sheets, but it might not be a bad idea anyway since we have so many mages running around.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: June 05, 2014, 12:40:50 AM »
I just want to see some more specifics on capacity vs. skill.
Because sometimes people give ranks to it and I can't tell anything about them because take for example I'm making a dragon. They have a ton of Mana but their magical ability is non existent beyond his natural demonic abilties so his magical skill would be low in ranking.

I also see people being very variable in their interpretations in teh system and while I like variable abilities I just want a more standardized system of interpretation.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: June 05, 2014, 12:48:39 AM »
Can I make a suggestion to the rule system? I know you already went through the reboot and everything but It would be nice to see a bit more of standardization of this. It's a fantasy RP so magical abilities are emphasized heavily. Though the magical ability section is really vague. I understand that is in order to be compatible with the many verse systems that we work with. I believe though that it would be nice to split up Magical ability into seperate parameters just like how Speed is now general speed and agility.

I believe that it would be nice modification to have a statistic for Magical Capacity (not unlike the Mana stat in F/SN), Magical Skill (the general level of magical competence) and a section for teh abilities themselves. I say this due to the fact that in the abilities section people still give a statistic along with the abilities themselves often and sometimes it's hard to get a good picture of one's magical ability even if you know their specific skills. It would be a small edit for all the players in the game so far and it would be quick edit to the rules so I hope that you can integrate this in.

Well, the abilities are already included, I think, although that could be more specific. I agree entirely that a separate stat for capacity and ability would be useful, though, especially for servants (who rely on magical capacity to survive, but don't necessarily possess much if any magical ability). Indeed, if you look at Rider's sheet, I basically made such a breakdown already (I just used the stat for capacity, and added a description of her magical ability).

And yeah, honestly, a revamp of the magic system might not be a bad idea. A bit of a pain since everyone would have to go back and add that to their sheets, but it might not be a bad idea anyway since we have so many mages running around.

It's not just the mages. Servants could really do with that distinction, because their mana supply is extremely important (it determines how effectively they can fight and how long they can last) but unrelated to their magical ability (which could be effectively zero).

Brahmastra

« Reply #972 on: June 05, 2014, 01:29:17 AM »
You missed a teeny detailed in your post Jenn.

Flying in the same direction his protectorates had escaped, Karna cowardly fled the field, tired of the bird's antics.

His eyes quickly found the building where he could see the metal bird and the blonde vampire arguing with another stranger, and his body followed his gaze, flying at rapid speeds toward the entrance.

With a crashing sound, Karna landed on the ground near the door in a low stance, his suit still flawless despite the dust that was now in the air.

(also get on skype)

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: June 05, 2014, 01:54:45 AM »
Profile for Apocrypha Vlad is up, working on the others.

Hakumen's door-carrying "adventures" will go in the Velvet Room at some point :D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 02:43:52 AM by Mooncake »
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: June 05, 2014, 05:02:05 AM »
Gotta go, train in an hour.