Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).  (Read 172487 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).
« Reply #1035 on: June 09, 2014, 03:18:49 PM »
Rider's desire to not die

Understandable, since Mordred is stronger that Shirou!Saber.

Well, Rider with Sakura around could give Mordred a decent fight and quite possibly win (particularly since Law is not a magus), but without Sakura she would probably lose, yeah. Regardless, though, she has no desire to fight.

Brahmastra

« Reply #1036 on: June 09, 2014, 03:20:16 PM »
Even Sakura!Medusa has a pretty shit chance of beating Mordred, and if she uses Bellerophon we have a repeat of what happened in Fate, since Mordred has Clarent Blood Arthur.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: June 09, 2014, 03:32:00 PM »
Even Sakura!Medusa has a pretty shit chance of beating Mordred, and if she uses Bellerophon we have a repeat of what happened in Fate, since Mordred has Clarent Blood Arthur.

Erm, Clarent is not Excalibur....

And, honestly, I think you're underestimating Rider. Still, it's largely irrelevant because I don't want to fight Mordred, and if I ever did need to then the "no killing without permission" thing comes into effect....

Brahmastra

« Reply #1038 on: June 09, 2014, 03:33:46 PM »
Clarent is literally Excalibur's slightly weaker version. Given how ridiculously overkill Excalibur was on Rider, I'd say it gets the job done.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: June 09, 2014, 03:39:05 PM »
Erm, Clarent is not Excalibur....

And, honestly, I think you're underestimating Rider. Still, it's largely irrelevant because I don't want to fight Mordred, and if I ever did need to then the "no killing without permission" thing comes into effect....

Clarent is A+, so actually little weaker than Excalibur, and still stronger than Bellephoron even if the same Rank (can target more people for example)

She has also Mana B, so she is not immediately petrified by Cybele.

Also notice Rider BARELY penetrated Alter's beamu with the support of Rho Aias. Clarent is little weaker.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 03:43:31 PM by Cool Kat »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: June 09, 2014, 03:40:06 PM »
Excalibur isn't as much "overkill" as you're making out. And, remember, Rider has Shirou to assist her. Who, as you might recall, was able to use Rho Aius to allow her to defeat Dark Saber in HF.

So, yeah, she can totally win that battle. Not that it matters because, again, no killing without permission, and I'm not intending to let Rider get killed.

Brahmastra

« Reply #1041 on: June 09, 2014, 03:41:55 PM »
Excalibur isn't as much "overkill" as you're making out. And, remember, Rider has Shirou to assist her. Who, as you might recall, was able to use Rho Aius to allow her to defeat Dark Saber in HF.

Shirou can't use that good a Rho Aias without the GARM, and even with that, the amount of Excalibeam it had to go through reduced it to like 1/10ths of it's strength (which wouldn't even kill Medea).

And yes, Excalibur was ridiculously overkill. That's why the game takes like 3 minutes to explain how absolutely and completely chunkaroonied Rider got and how little there's left of her.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 03:43:05 PM by Brahmastra »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: June 09, 2014, 03:44:44 PM »
Excalibur is STRONGEST holy sword. That's really an overkill. Out of NPs only Ea and one of Karna's NPs are stronger (as they are Anti-World and Anti-Country respectively).
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 03:46:19 PM by Cool Kat »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: June 09, 2014, 03:53:52 PM »

Shirou can't use that good a Rho Aias without the GARM, and even with that, the amount of Excalibeam it had to go through reduced it to like 1/10ths of it's strength (which wouldn't even kill Medea).

Shirou with 30 years training should be able to reach that level, or something close. At very least it would be enough to allow Rider to defeat it.

Brahmastra

« Reply #1044 on: June 09, 2014, 03:56:04 PM »
Minus the part where becoming EMIYA is the only way he can ever reach that level is something Nasu made clear. The reason EMIYA is so sick at Projection isn't his age, or training, or anything else. It's because he's a CG.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: June 09, 2014, 03:57:58 PM »
EMIYA is max Shirou plus a boost from becoming a CG. Shirou will never be as strong unless he contracts with the world.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: June 09, 2014, 04:13:48 PM »
Where does this idea that you get anything other than one miracle and infinite prana on the job from a CG contract come from?

Brahmastra

« Reply #1047 on: June 09, 2014, 04:21:14 PM »
Where does this idea that you get anything other than one miracle and infinite prana on the job from a CG contract come from?

Where does this idea that getting a CG contract doesn't make Alaya beef you up to snuff so that you're actually useful come from?

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: June 09, 2014, 04:28:28 PM »
It doesn't matter either way because Moedred would just fire off another Clarent and call it a day.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: June 09, 2014, 04:44:14 PM »
then the "no killing without permission" thing comes into effect....
Don't you just assume that both characters have plot armor?

I kind of want to play a fight loving character so I assume everyon one I'd fight would have plot armor. I'd fight without it though.