Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).  (Read 171909 times)

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).
« Reply #1380 on: June 30, 2014, 04:17:30 AM »
Well, looks like Lyco Aptera and Enkidu are headed for Shawnee without anymore incident...unless someone or something in Vamp. Territory decides otherwise.
And oh man, more Apocrypha characters?
Wait, Magos as Shakespeare? This is going to be glorious.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Brahmastra

« Reply #1381 on: June 30, 2014, 04:34:31 AM »
Wait, Magos as Shakespeare? This is going to be glorious.

I didn't have enough slots to play the SSS trio myself, and I couldn't resist giving the role to Magos.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: June 30, 2014, 05:48:30 AM »
The scenery will be chewed to nothingness.

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: June 30, 2014, 06:02:07 AM »
And Neo went flying.

He can land wherever ya want Ivan, so he can even land back at his manor so he gets healing stuff in him. So it should be fine right?

It's a random direction. Of course, he won't land at the Manor. And it's funnier that way. Besides, he still has to get his motorcycle back, so he's going to jack a vehicle to drive back into the park just to get it back. (By that time, though, the rest would no longer be there.) And he does have his Elixir with him, stored in strong glass bottles.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 06:58:48 AM by Ivan The Mouse »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: June 30, 2014, 04:18:47 PM »
Kuro, any idea when you're going to be able to post?

Also, I really do think we're going to need to assume we're on night 2 here. We're never going to catch up with everyone else, they're moving to night 2 already, and I want to be able to interact with people outside of you and Mil.

Brahmastra

« Reply #1385 on: June 30, 2014, 04:21:21 PM »
Mike I honestly wonder if you're paying attention to what's happening in the RP. Day 2 is barely starting for 4 groups of characters, the biggest two besides you Kuro and Mil are still in Night 1.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: June 30, 2014, 04:32:37 PM »
Also a lot of people are waiting for some groups to be done before progressing, like Shiro, Amelia, Benjamin, and Jubei are not gonna be doing anything until at least the two bigger groupa are done.

Also it like morning for people in day 1. You have time don't worry man.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: June 30, 2014, 05:02:11 PM »
That would be fine if Kuro was posting at a rate that made it remotely possible for us to catch up with you guys, but he's not. And, because of the nature of my characters, skipping day 2 and the earlier part of night 2 doesn't make sense either (Kiyoshi would have to wake up and then go straight back to sleep again).

And, whilst the biggest groups are still on night 1, they're wrapping up now (you're just waiting on one last post with Alice). Our group is nowhere near doing so, and won't reach that any time soon because Kuro is slow posting.

Basically, we're already behind and are only going to get further behind. Kuro seems to be taking absolutely no notice of this, and is insisting on remaining on night 1 despite posting at a far slower rate than everyone else.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 05:04:40 PM by Cherry Lover »

Brahmastra

« Reply #1388 on: June 30, 2014, 05:03:42 PM »
7.) Give other players time to respond. Now sometimes two players will go on a tangent with themselves. It's expected and can be fun, and if their interaction is separate from most everyone its fine. Plus it would be expected in a love scene between two characters. Now if there is an event and other people are trying to catch up slow down. Like if a group of players are fighting something, and one of them has trouble catching up, give them time to respond.

However if a character does not reply within a 24 hour period during a time of “heavy action”, I apologize, but we will be forced to move without them. Don't worry, we won't kill your character and we'll say they did something neat during the conflict so they're not a mook.

Literally nothing stopping you.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: June 30, 2014, 05:06:44 PM »
7.) Give other players time to respond. Now sometimes two players will go on a tangent with themselves. It's expected and can be fun, and if their interaction is separate from most everyone its fine. Plus it would be expected in a love scene between two characters. Now if there is an event and other people are trying to catch up slow down. Like if a group of players are fighting something, and one of them has trouble catching up, give them time to respond.

However if a character does not reply within a 24 hour period during a time of “heavy action”, I apologize, but we will be forced to move without them. Don't worry, we won't kill your character and we'll say they did something neat during the conflict so they're not a mook.

Literally nothing stopping you.

Yes, there is. I can post as many times as I like under that rule, but without a reply I can't actually do anything. I can't just assume Kuro offered a place to sleep or anything like that.

Brahmastra

« Reply #1390 on: June 30, 2014, 05:07:32 PM »
Or Rider could just pick Kiyoshi up and book it.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: June 30, 2014, 05:12:20 PM »
Or Rider could just pick Kiyoshi up and book it.

Well, yes, that is possible, and if Kuro isn't going to be helpful here I will have to do that. Honestly, though, right now I think I'll stick with this, and make a decision on it when you guys actually reach night 2. If necessarily I'll just send Rider out anyway and completely ignore Kuro's insistence that we're on night 1, since if we're a whole day behind at that point then it doesn't matter anyway. If we actually manage to reach day 2 before you guys reach night 2, then I'll just hand-wave it in order to get Rider out at the right time. It's not like the RP has particularly rigid timescales, in the previous version we had events that should have taken hours taking as long as events that should have taken minutes.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 06:35:30 PM by Cherry Lover »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: June 30, 2014, 05:24:57 PM »
Mike this situation is as following.

You are trying to make the other people miss a day because you want to do BDSM things with Rider. Which is bad for them cause they might want things to happen in the day.

If you don't want to wait for them then do the following. Have Rider be like "Holy shit!" to thantos and run away with Kiyoshi. But you can't just say to them, oh it night 2 cause you were being slow and I want to do my own things.

If you don't want to wait for them get rider and Kiyoshi out of there, skip to day, have Kiyoshi and Rider interact with people at that time then do night things when night happens. A few people are waiting till situations happen until they use a character because they don't fit in a situation.

Like I have a villain character planned that I would love to bring in right now, but I am waiting for a specific event before he shows up, and even he might not interact with people. If a good opportunity does not present itself I cannot have him start fucking with people's heads.

You got to adapt to the situations your are given. You can't be stubborn with something because you don't like it.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: June 30, 2014, 06:08:14 PM »
It's not just that I want to do BDSM things with Rider. If I want to do absolutely anything with anyone outside this group then either our group has to catch up with everyone else (which means either we time-skip or they wait for us) or I have to just ignore the time difference entirely.

I don't see how that is in any way unreasonable. I want to be able to interact with people outside this small group, and I cannot do so if our small group is out of sync with everyone else by a day. I think it's ridiculous for Kuro to insist that we remain miles behind everyone else, and it's unfair on all the other players in the RP for us to be behind them.

It is entirely reasonable of me to want to be able to switch between groups. If Kuro cannot keep up with the other group, then I will have to invoke a time skip of my own somehow, and if we are an entire day behind then I see absolutely no harm whatsoever in skipping that day. Explain to me how doing so in any way inconveniences anyone, because I can't fucking see it....
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 06:12:26 PM by Cherry Lover »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: June 30, 2014, 08:46:48 PM »
Seriously, we cannot skip a day over one player's character. We cannot conform to you Mike at expense of other players.