Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).  (Read 172401 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).
« Reply #1515 on: July 08, 2014, 10:00:06 AM »
You are just jealous of her EX rank NP swag.

Brahmastra

« Reply #1516 on: July 08, 2014, 11:36:46 AM »
Applied some initial changes of those requested by Names. Will smooth them out in a few hours.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: July 08, 2014, 01:05:50 PM »
Because if she really does have HSDW that are stronger or in equal rank to Medea I would have received multiple messages about it and I'm not going to let that slip by.
I find this silly because you seem to imply you have like people feeding you intel about things relating to your waifu

which is really weird, both as a general thing and as something you actually believe

I will quit complaining just as soon as you quite trying to overpower Apocrypha Servants.
you know he really doesn't have to TRY to overpower apocrypha servants

I mean really the only one he added tons of shit to was Karna and that's because well

he's a huge fuckin Karna nerd

it's a personal thing, like being married or having an STD

but you see it's okay, because Apocrypha is fucking overpowered period, except there's so much overpowered shit it balances out

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: July 08, 2014, 01:08:04 PM »
Mil, using U/C as a standard is terrible - it's a fighting game that allows any of the fighters to near-single-handedly win the HGW.
And, seriously, you're still on a tirade about Chris/Brah's "OP" characters when you're trying to make Medea the very same?

I don't have any memory of "Proto Medea" being "The Gilgamesh". Direct quotes and sources if you're going to make claims like that.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:28:02 PM by Lycodrake »
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Brahmastra

« Reply #1519 on: July 08, 2014, 01:10:34 PM »
I mostly added a lot of stuff to Karna because A. I gave him abilities closer to those from the actual epic than the ones Nasu came up with and B. His arsenal as a proper Deva not restricted by a class system shouldn't lock things like his now or chariot out.

Also Manaka and The Beast were the Gilgamesh of Prototype, unless you count the actual Gilgamesh the guy as the Gilgamesh of prototype, so you should consider laying off the w33d.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:23:03 PM by Brahmastra »

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: July 08, 2014, 01:40:52 PM »
I mostly added a lot of stuff to Karna because A. I gave him abilities closer to those from the actual epic than the ones Nasu came up with and B. His arsenal as a proper Deva not restricted by a class system shouldn't lock things like his now or chariot out.
And there is nothing wrong with this, chris.

But like you took the nasusheet and added a ton of shit to it because you knew the OG story crazy well

so like you're still a huge fuckin Karna nerd

in a good way

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: July 08, 2014, 01:50:33 PM »
It's one and the same. She's directing every beam from the fortress herself. There's no difference.

Semi can also make functional mirror images of herself with the same magical output and insta-cast Greater Rituals while on the Fortress.

I mean, for fucks sake, are you expecting an EX-ranked Anti World NP  to not be ridiculously overpowered?

Chris this is no EX rank magecraft, mirror images are not that high level and "directing" the beams of her NP is in no way the same as making them herself.

That would be like saying Saber can shoot beams is something that is not Excalibur.

In this case and this case alone Mil is right, there is nothing to imply her magecraft becomes EX rank
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 02:06:12 PM by Knick »

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: July 08, 2014, 03:38:22 PM »
>mfw Milbunk wouldn't take the hint to stfu earlier on his waifufagging.

Can we all shut our mouths about this? Nachos is alright with this and apparently Elf is when she let this pass. So let's drop this fucking thing. Jesus Christ Milbunk, you're just as worse as Lantz with his Gilgadouche bashing.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 03:40:42 PM by Puck-Chan »

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Brahmastra

« Reply #1523 on: July 08, 2014, 03:38:50 PM »
Chris this is no EX rank magecraft, mirror images are not that high level and "directing" the beams of her NP is in no way the same as making them herself.

Directing the beams of it is seperate from also shooting them herself.

And mirror images that have the magic output equal to the one who made them is.

And while no, there's technically nothing that says that she specifically has EX Magecraft, she does show what I'd consider that level of magical power; The ability to steamroll through A-rank MR and the higher MR of Astolfo's Hippogriff like it was a joke. For comparison, Medea's A-rank super spells don't even scratch Saber's A-rank MR.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: July 08, 2014, 03:48:49 PM »
Ok for a min assume that she makes the beams and it is not just her using her NP (which they are standing in) to do things.

In that situation isn't it safer to assume because of the boosts her NP causes her magic to just bypass MR, rather then her suddenly gaining ability to use magecraft she did not have already?

Workshops don't up your ability with magecraft just make it more efficient and easier to use the full extent of your ability afterall. They are simply a suitable environment to use your magecraft.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 03:55:33 PM by Knick »

Brahmastra

« Reply #1525 on: July 08, 2014, 03:57:11 PM »
She specifically has no magecraft stuff off the Hanging Gardens besides her ability to ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL of doves, Item Creation and create the Gardens to begin with.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: July 08, 2014, 04:06:06 PM »
Which implys what she does is not actually magecraft but rather a function of her NP that resembles stupidly high level magecraft, like how most NP do, instead of her suddenly gaining skill in magecraft.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 04:22:20 PM by Knick »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: July 08, 2014, 04:23:08 PM »
>mfw Milbunk wouldn't take the hint to stfu earlier on his waifufagging.

Can we all shut our mouths about this? Nachos is alright with this and apparently Elf is when she let this pass. So let's drop this fucking thing. Jesus Christ Milbunk, you're just as worse as Lantz with his Gilgadouche bashing.

You know, you guys bitched a hell of a lot about Satoshi's powers (I don't mean other stuff that Lantz did, that is a separate issue entirely), but you're fine with far more OP characters just because they're made by someone else....

Brahmastra

« Reply #1528 on: July 08, 2014, 04:23:41 PM »
Or that her ability to do Magecraft is not able to be used outside of the Gardens. It's really up to interpretation until the proper translation gives us the fact.

You know, you guys bitched a hell of a lot about Satoshi's powers (I don't mean other stuff that Lantz did, that is a separate issue entirely), but you're fine with far more OP characters just because they're made by someone else....

I don't give a fuck about whether not they are OP. I give a fuck about whether not their OPness or just their skillset overall makes even a remote amount of sense. As you can imagine, Lantz received a rating of -100 out of a 1 to 10 scale on that subject.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 04:25:58 PM by Brahmastra »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: July 08, 2014, 04:31:23 PM »
Mike I care little about OPness, I mean I basicly made type-sun, but it needs to make sence.

My issue with Semi is not her power. I just don't believe her magecraft is EX and it is just her NP doing things.