Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).  (Read 172453 times)

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).
« Reply #1575 on: July 09, 2014, 03:05:05 AM »
I think it becomes a perspective issue with the differing view points; Is there a standard for what is Evil that it uses, or is it based on what the afflicted character sees as evil?

Like say as a somewhat extreme example if someone was of the wholehearted belief that killing daily is good and not killing was evil; Would that person if affected feel the urge to spare peoples lives?

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: July 09, 2014, 03:07:36 AM »
The only irreversible effect is the mental invasion, which is also the easiest to deal with if they don't have glaring mental issues.

And honestly depending on the person he might not even use it.

And Ivan, most of the really super high level people are hard to turn. And Evil does not mean "KILL EVERYTHING" for everyone. His goal is not to kill people, just to make people be themselves (which is in his eyes their repressed evil).

Honestly the highest level person easiest to turn would be Jubei, cause he got shit in his closet man.

And Chris you hit the nail on the head. He always tries and make people evil. But it is a gradual process performing small acts of evil as it integrates more into you as time passes. The temptation to preform evil acts is always there, but it is up to the person if they will act on it.

I mean he can cause an abrupt change under specific circumstances. But that not his style. People have to chose their path themselves, he just helps them along the honest one, giving them a little nudge in the right direction (Disclaimer: Nudge may or may not consist of causing intense mental and emotional trauma, your mileage might vary).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 03:10:35 AM by Knick »

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: July 09, 2014, 03:10:45 AM »
Isn't Neo pretty much already evil? I'm really not sure what there is to tempt him to do that he wouldn't do already, aside from things that are just plain idiotic (which is stupidity, not evil).

It's out of hubris, actually, not stupidity.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: July 09, 2014, 03:15:25 AM »
The only irreversible effect is the mental invasion, which is also the easiest to deal with if they don't have glaring mental issues.

It says it gives them "intense, unescapable nightmares". That really doesn't sound like fun, and I certainly don't want any of my characters subjected to that for the rest of her life.

And Chris you hit the nail on the head. He always tries and make people evil. But it is a gradual process performing small acts of evil as it integrates more into you as time passes. The temptation to preform evil acts is always there, but it is up to the person if they will act on it.

Well, sure, I guess. It's just difficult to see how it would even start with Sakura and Shirou.

I mean he can cause an abrupt change under specific circumstances. But that not his style. People have to chose their path themselves, he just helps them along the honest one, giving them a little nudge in the right direction (Disclaimer: Nudge may or may not consist of causing intense mental and emotional trauma, your mileage might vary).

Yeah, "intense mental and emotional trauma" isn't really something I like the idea of, especially not permanent (or to Kiyoshi, who is just a kid).

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: July 09, 2014, 03:16:41 AM »
It says it gives them "intense, unescapable nightmares". That really doesn't sound like fun, and I certainly don't want any of my characters subjected to that for the rest of her life.
Literally all your post needed to be.

Like he said, if you don't want it just say so and he won't.

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: July 09, 2014, 03:22:24 AM »
And Ivan, most of the really super high level people are hard to turn. And Evil does not mean "KILL EVERYTHING" for everyone. His goal is not to kill people, just to make people be themselves (which is in his eyes their repressed evil).

I know, which why I also included "destructive" along with "deadly", because not only concrete things can be destroyed. However, it is evil that's we are talking about here, of course they're going to include full use of abilities to cause concrete and abstract mayhem, so there's that.

(Disclaimer: Nudge may or may not consist of causing intense mental and emotional trauma, your mileage might vary).

This is another issue here. If the person being tempted will resist and this will happen to them, they might as well as commit themselves to a medical facility. Even then, since it is supernatural in origin, the person will eventually go insane. So, it gives them no choice but to do evil or keep resisting and eventually take toll on their mental health.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: July 09, 2014, 03:30:16 AM »
Ok, Ivan and Mike.

The effects are not consistent. They might not cause nightmares, they might cause nightmares meant to pray on specific fears or desires, they might cause nightmare that just make the person unable to sleep.

The effects VARY and the person who has the character can determine them.

If you don't want it, I won't give it to you. The most SoE will do then will be to talk to your character or perform acts that anger, disturb, etc. them. And even then I might not even have SoE interact with them at all.

And my "Disclaimer" was a joke. You are both thinking to hard about it.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 03:30:58 AM by Knick »

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: July 09, 2014, 03:59:23 AM »
Ok, Ivan and Mike.

The effects are not consistent. They might not cause nightmares, they might cause nightmares meant to pray on specific fears or desires, they might cause nightmare that just make the person unable to sleep.

The effects VARY and the person who has the character can determine them.

If you don't want it, I won't give it to you. The most SoE will do then will be to talk to your character or perform acts that anger, disturb, etc. them. And even then I might not even have SoE interact with them at all.

And my "Disclaimer" was a joke. You are both thinking to hard about it.

Well, to be honest, I think I don't want them on my characters, mostly because they all have mental issues already. Namingly...

Neo's psychopathic narcissism.
Rattus' alcoholism and PTSD.
Yukina's also has PTSD.

And honestly, if anyone of them gets pushed some more, it would mess with their intended character dynamics.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 04:00:04 AM by Ivan The Mouse »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: July 09, 2014, 04:00:21 AM »
That all you had to say.

SoE will not mess with them in anyway that a normal person couldn't, as in simply talk to them or perhaps disturb/anger them with his actions, should he even meet them. Is that ok?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 04:03:58 AM by Knick »

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: July 09, 2014, 04:15:35 AM »
That all you had to say.

SoE will not mess with them in anyway that a normal person couldn't, as in simply talk to them or perhaps disturb/anger them with his actions, should he even meet them. Is that ok?

If that was the case, SoE will then be considered as a voice of conscience and will be treated as such.

Like, you know, Yukina mostly sticks with her morals; Neo makes use of his in his own favor without regard to morals and Rattus makes use of his to aid his goals.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 04:17:31 AM by Ivan The Mouse »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: July 09, 2014, 04:20:03 AM »
Tom's mind's probably a bit too alien and he already has PTSD anyway.

Mille already has issues underneath her straightforwardness (and honestly, I didn't enjoy having to write her getting broken all that much with the timing that happened last round. I'd rather have her deal with her issues gradually than be broken outright).

Hakuno's too moe.

Despite not being as broken as EMIYA, Nameless Hero's still pretty broken already. He is Shirou still, after all.

Rin's more fun to write when she's teasing people and being herself, not when she's dealing with trauma.

...and that's all she wrote for me. Until I bring in more characters that is.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 04:24:52 AM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: July 09, 2014, 04:20:39 AM »
I'm confused. I meant SoE meeting them in his human form and acting, well, like a human.

A disturbed person that knows more then he should about people, but a person.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: July 09, 2014, 04:22:30 AM »
Kuro, what are the "dorms" in Minato's house like, exactly? Are they single rooms?

That all you had to say.

Well, personally I'm not sure yet. I don't know if having the "invasion" thing is something I want to RP for my characters or not, or whether I can ensure that the effects on them are not ones which cause them serious long-term problems.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: July 09, 2014, 04:24:41 AM »
Mike, if your not sure think of it this way.

The general way his "invasion of minds" manifests is basically a really harsh 'devil on the shoulder' type deal.

That probably simplifies it a bit in terms of thinking about it. But that the gist of it.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 04:25:31 AM by Knick »

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: July 09, 2014, 04:35:28 AM »
Putting together a description, please wait a bit.

I want to get this right.