Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).  (Read 172533 times)

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).
« Reply #1590 on: July 09, 2014, 04:39:01 AM »
Ok, I will make my thoughts a bit more clear at someone's suggestions.

SoE is not meant to be a normal antagonist. He is suppose to push character development and cause people to expand how they act to situations.

Example, he will cause trouble with NPCs, increasing crime and turning people into monsters, becoming an obvious issue, however he cannot be killed or destroyed, making people think about how to deal with him, putting the powerful fighters out of their element.

The Devil on the shoulder thing Invasion of Minds does is meant to make people learn to deal with their issues, but such a path always has hardships and might cause the person to be lost on it should they be crushed under the weight of their repressed darkness. Or it will test relationships and force them to grow and become stronger then ever or shatter because of the doubt and strain it causes.

And so on and so forth. I gave him variable abilities so he can act in varying ways. I am not going to be playing him like, "Ok lets fuck the heads of everyone".

He is more a part of the environment that will force people to change and grow, or fail to grow and wither, depending the person.

Please take this into account when thinking about him.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 04:50:44 AM by Knick »

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: July 09, 2014, 08:22:33 AM »
There was no point in trying to wait any longer everyone knew I was going to post it anyways so there it is. I hope you all can really see just how op she truly is.

Brahmastra

« Reply #1592 on: July 09, 2014, 09:05:34 AM »
I hope you all can really see just how op she truly is.

I'm presuming you're reffering to Semiramis here, in which case; Did I ever say otherwise? EX-rank Anti World Noble Phantasm makes for instant OPization.

Edit: I guess I should paint out the mental issues of my characters who have such.

Karna's mind is made of reinforced titanium, nothing to see here.

La Folia's pretty happy-go-lucky, nothing to see here.

Ramesses straight up doesn't give a fuck, nothing to see here.

Caules has issues with guilt and blames himself a lot.

Fiore has pretty severe issues with violence beyond people hitting other people (such as Neo stabbing his heart out or anything that involves large amounts of blood) and is an affection-whore in the sense that she desires the positive attention of those around her subconsciously, so she unintentionally (or is it?, which is where SoE could become a real bitch) acts in a way that invites sympathy.

Kagura has anger issues in regards to things happening to women.

Lorelei has some social insecurities, but also has a mind of steel. Nothing much to see here.

Shiroumine is a man made out of salvation and piety, so there's not much to affect.

Semiramis has (as I'm clearly painting out even right meow) some problems coming to terms with how she feels. Bad control and overview of her own emotions.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:15:10 AM by Christemo »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: July 09, 2014, 01:58:14 PM »
Chris PM that stuff. Not really needed to be discussed here.

Also SoE probobly not even going to do anything till day 3

Also Chris the only two of your characters SoE would not even try with are Karna and Ramesses. Cause Karna is THE duty fag and Ramesses is Gil junior in terms of ego and sence of self.

Shirou is possible because he is the fucking devil and would approve of his plan. Lorilei has some insecurity with proper character interactions could be perfect sticking points, and even then since she has some she can be effected anyway.

Don't know enough about Le Folia to comment.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:30:42 PM by Knick »

Brahmastra

« Reply #1594 on: July 09, 2014, 02:23:05 PM »
Did it coz Rae did it. I saw no reason not to.

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: July 09, 2014, 02:53:22 PM »
Blah blah blah. OP! OP! OP! Durrrrr!

Yes and we heard you for the thousandth time already. And we already told you to expect it should be OPed because it's fucking Apocrypha. Go fly to Nipponland and complain to Nasu and Higeshide if you want. Lmao man, again it's funny how there's so much other OPed shit on this rp and this is the one you decide to flip your lid because of your waifu-fagging. Now keep you mouth shut this time, Jesus...

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: July 09, 2014, 03:49:12 PM »
, one small notable feature though was the strange fact that all the islanders who lived there had the same purple eyes and hair regardless of age or gender.

Inbreeding is fun for whole family.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: July 09, 2014, 04:25:00 PM »
Mil, you do know that Medus is the name of medea's son right. As in a male name.

You do know that right?

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: July 09, 2014, 06:37:21 PM »
Maybe ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;).

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: July 09, 2014, 07:17:28 PM »
It will be facepalm worthy if there is somehow 'twist' they are all her descendants, because Medea murdered her whole family except her father.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: July 09, 2014, 07:41:48 PM »
So you purposely gave you female character a famously male Greek name ('us' at the end of a name in greek is a male name generally so even if they don't know medea's myth it is an odd name to give a girl).

So either that girl was at one point a boy, which needs to be in the them background, or her parents, or whoever named her, were shit heads.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 07:46:02 PM by Knick »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: July 09, 2014, 07:53:55 PM »
or her parents, or whoever named her, were shit heads.

It's an island full of inbred people.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: July 09, 2014, 09:58:49 PM »
I did not just copy the name from Medea's history but I did use a randomizer to find it the fact that it's related to Medea only adds to the situation I think.

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: July 09, 2014, 10:08:08 PM »
Why not just simply RP Medea? I don't get the point of this character.

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: July 09, 2014, 10:14:56 PM »
I'm trying to share a point for both myself and everyone else, I don't really care that Medea is weaksauce as others might say I just like her for the character she is. In fact I would rather she be the weakest character in the entire series rather then an overpowered mess.