Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).  (Read 171930 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).
« Reply #1635 on: July 13, 2014, 11:19:45 PM »
Elf, if my Mage in works takes Manifested Avatar merit which means his shard of soul that powers his Magic can take
a tangible form with full personality, does the Avatar count as part of the character or he/she needs extra slot?

I am taking Time 3 and Correspondence 3 as his Spheres. Expect alteration of time powers and his bullets bending their trajectory in impossible ways due to teleportation related shenanigans. He also might be one of faster non Servant magicians since Time Sphere grants equivalent to Celerity, plus Correspendence at his level allows for teleportation. Won't be able to go against Servants, still, because no means of actually damaging spirits, and faster Servants are much above him.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 11:33:14 PM by StrayKat »

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: July 14, 2014, 03:03:34 AM »
While waiting on Daiki, I'm tempted to bring in a few characters I've had in mind: a Master+Servant duo that I had in a Fate/Extra RP and/or a Fire Emblem style Dark Mage/Shaman/Druid/Sorcerer.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: July 14, 2014, 03:29:53 AM »
Rave Shamans from sealed sword, blazing sword ans sacred stones, with their glowyness

he walks into a club and goes nuts

DO EET

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: July 14, 2014, 01:40:20 PM »
There are other kinds of Dark magic users in Fire Emblem, Nachos?
Say it isn't so, say it isn't so.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: July 14, 2014, 05:49:24 PM »
Nergal, the ravest of ravers

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: July 14, 2014, 06:08:47 PM »
Mordred soon, but I hope this won't be convoluted.

Brahmastra

« Reply #1641 on: July 14, 2014, 07:45:45 PM »
Dallas this is the greatest thing ever of all time.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: July 14, 2014, 09:53:18 PM »
I just have this image of Lyco Aptera and Sphinx tapping claws upon the ground waiting to do something. It's kind of funny. (May be a sign of impatience, which I apologize for.)
I suppose I should message Daiki on BL and see what's up? Haven't heard from him in a while.
[edit]
Sent Daiki a message; hopefully he'll reply soon enough.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 02:56:15 AM by Lycodrake »

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: July 16, 2014, 05:33:25 AM »
Alright mike, you wanted to know what the inside of Minatodai Dorm looked like so I made a terrible video because it is easier to see it than just read about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3KKYk5vxKI

Changes from the original in the video so far:

On the right wall of the dining area on the first floor is a door leading to a fairly large kitchen.

The door in the indented section of the back of the first floor dining area leads to the basement...  And by basement I mean underground time space labyrinth.

The second and third floor hallways get longer and add rooms based on the number of occupants.

There is a red door on the back wall on the second floor entry that leads to a sort of armory where Minato stored all the weapons and armor he has collected.

There is a yellow door on the back wall of the third floor entry that leads to a treasure room where Minato keeps all the gold, jewels, treasures, and artifacts he has accumulated.

The roof access now leads to a kaleidoscopic vortex of colors... I mean DOOM!.

The front door leads to any of eight locations in the city based on where you want to go, it is random if you aren't wanting to go any place in particular.

EDIT
Before anyone says anything, I am aware that the video is shit. It was the first one I have ever made ever.

Also sorry it took so long, I had a pile of studying and exams to deal with. That is basically done so all I have left is labsim catchup which I can spread out a little.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 05:42:34 AM by Kurogami »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: July 16, 2014, 10:03:52 AM »
 hope Behemoth kicked the bucket in justified way. Basically Mordred put all she could without completely draining herself into that weaker spot.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: July 16, 2014, 03:08:31 PM »
The second and third floor hallways get longer and add rooms based on the number of occupants.

Is there any particular reason for the male/female separation? Rider would like to remain close to Kiyoshi, and when Sakura and Shirou show up they would want to stay in the same room.

There is a red door on the back wall on the second floor entry that leads to a sort of armory where Minato stored all the weapons and armor he has collected.

Shirou is really going to want to take a look in there....

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: July 16, 2014, 10:45:12 PM »
It was originally a dorm for high schoolers in japan, the fact that there are male and female rooms in the same building is somewhat unusual.

That being said, Minato isn't going to say anything for awhile about that, he will only expect you to get separate rooms once you are both settled in well enough that it won't be a significant inconvenience. Everyone gets their own room; Nobody says anyone has to stay in their own room every night.

People who sign the book to become permanent residents will find their rooms become more suited to their needs. Rider may find extra bookshelves, with some of them stocked; She may also find a convenient loose panel that lets her check on Kiyo in the room below hers as much as she wants, and even get to his room without having to run down the stairs.

Minato will likely tell them abot the book when he wakes up, around noon.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 10:48:11 PM by Kurogami »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: July 16, 2014, 10:51:00 PM »
It was originally a dorm for high schoolers in japan, the fact that there are male and female rooms in the same building is somewhat unusual.

Yeah, I guess it's not really designed for families....

That being said, Minato isn't going to say anything for awhile about that, he will only expect you to get separate rooms once you are both settled in well enough that it won't be a significant inconvenience. Everyone gets their own room; Nobody says anyone has to stay in their own room every night.

Well, Rider was likely going to just grab one of the male rooms next to Kiyoshi, although how much time she actually spends in it is another matter. Unless there's an actual practical reason she cannot do that (i.e. not just "it's against the rules") that's what's almost certainly going to happen, at least for the time being.

As for Sakura and Shirou, they would have no reason to want to sleep apart, they are a married couple after all. So, even if they are required to have separate rooms, I would expect them to only use one of them in most situations.

People who sign the book to become permanent residents will find their rooms become more suited to their needs. Rider may find extra bookshelves, with some of them stocked;

Ah, OK.

She may also find a convenient loose panel that lets her check on Kiyo in the room below hers as much as she wants, and even get to his room without having to run down the stairs.

Well, Rider can turn incorporeal and travel through the floor if necessary, but she would like Kiyo to be safe and to feel secure, and he'll feel more secure when he's next to her.

Minato will likely tell them abot the book when he wakes up, around noon.

Ah, OK.

Well, what does signing the book mean in practice? I assume it just means "you have a room here and can come and go when you wish", as opposed to providing any obligation on their part.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 10:52:10 PM by Cherry Lover »

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: July 16, 2014, 11:48:26 PM »
Signing the book makes you a resident officially.

When you do that a room on the appropriate floor will be auto stocked and restructured to suit your needs and preferences, Kiyo's might be filled with things he likes or that make him feel safe or inspires bravery for instance, and the person's name appears on their door.

The only obligations for children are to clean up their messes and not die.

Adults are expected to help keep food on the table either by bringing in groceries or actually cooking the food, but even that is more a matter of courtesy than anything, he won't say anything even if you don't.

As for the need to be near Kiyo, the dorm may go so far as to join the two rooms together or stick some stairs in the back of the room, time space dorm is as convenient as it needs to be, and you get to decide what the rooms turn out like; Though it will still stick the entrance to Rider's room on the third floor.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 12:13:56 AM by Kurogami »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: July 17, 2014, 12:21:57 AM »
Signing the book makes you a resident officially.

When you do that a room on the appropriate floor will be auto stocked and restructured to suit your needs and preferences, Kiyo's might be filled with things he likes or that make him feel safe or inspires bravery for instance, and the person's name appears on their door.

Ah, OK.

The only obligations for children are to clean up their messes and not die.

Adults are expected to help keep food on the table either by bringing in groceries or actually cooking the food, but even that is more a matter of courtesy than anything, he won't say anything even if you don't.

Well, Kiyoshi is actually more likely to help with cooking than Rider is. Kiyoshi enjoys cooking, whereas Rider can't really cook (she doesn't need to eat, and she is surrounded by exceptional cooks, so she has no reason to learn). Rider could get groceries, though, if necessary.

As for the need to be near Kiyo, the dorm may go so far as to join the two rooms together or stick some stairs in the back of the room, time space dorm is as convenient as it needs to be, and you get to decide what the rooms turn out like; Though it will still stick the entrance to Rider's room on the third floor.

Ah, OK. So, it could basically just be one room with two entrances?

Also, when Shirou and Sakura arrive, can it re-arrange the rooms further (i.e. to connect their room to Rider and Kiyoshi's)? They are a family, after all. Or does it only create the rooms when they first sign, and after that it doesn't change them?