Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).  (Read 172683 times)

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).
« Reply #1680 on: July 19, 2014, 05:26:12 AM »
Well, that and... well, for one, why would he have this anyway? From what I've seen/played of P3, I don't think he'd have that much influence, even with the Personas, especially in that short of a period of time. And two, why are all non-humans considered hostiles? Plus if that's the case, Rider and possibly Haruna should fall under that same policy.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: July 19, 2014, 05:36:06 AM »
Rider, Haruna, Forest, Archive Hunter, Hakumen, assorted others...

Lots of nonhumans running about, and nobody likes a supernatural KKK.

Except if they're followers of the imperial creed. PURGE THE UNCLEAN

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: July 19, 2014, 05:37:54 AM »
Umm, Alice you might want to re read my post a bit more carefully.

I said that if you are a supernatural of any sort who wants to coexist with normal humans, then Minato's district is one of the safest places in the city for you to live. I mentioned that while it is also very safe for normal humans, it is not the safest, but that most of the places that are safer for normal humans than Minato's district are intolerant of non-humans.

Also I never once implied that Minato is a recent arrival to the city.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 05:40:16 AM by Kurogami »

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: July 19, 2014, 05:39:25 AM »

Except if they're followers of the imperial creed. PURGE THE UNCLEAN
Remnants of the 24th Harlech Regiment are inbound. Hold tight, trooper.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: July 19, 2014, 05:41:32 AM »
Ah, misread then. Though that begs the question, if a hostile supernatural is more subtle in their hostility, what then? And what about humans that murder/rape/torture, those still exist. Plus the Nexus is very dangerous, how is Minato able to keep it the safest district in the city with god tier antagonists about?

Still didn't answer the rest of my questions though.

Why does Minato have that much influence? How is he able to maintain all that, especially at that radius? It just doesn't make much sense, especially given the time frame.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 05:43:26 AM by Alice »

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: July 19, 2014, 05:45:28 AM »
Even people like Shiro just sticks with his church. And he's pretty STRONK.

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: July 19, 2014, 05:48:02 AM »
Shiro is not stupid. He knows it is REALLY simple to avoid one person over a large area. Especially if they are well known, which Shiro is.

So he sticks to protecting when he knows he can.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 05:48:42 AM by Knick »

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: July 19, 2014, 06:14:22 AM »
If you go around killing people in his district he is going to end you if he is the one who catches you no matter if you are human or supernatural. Well, humans who kill/rape/torture generally get dealt with by some of the more proactive local supernaturals and humans who don't like that sort of crime going on where they live.

With the more subtle kind of hostility, there is no good answer for that; I would hope that the hostile sort would refrain from moving to a known center of coexistence, but if someone like that did show up The old man would deal with them. Manipulation and politics are his area of expertise.

So to some degree the locals all protect each other. Minato generally deals with whatever he happens upon or the locals can't deal with.

That is to say that while he will often help with smaller issues and take requests, he is only guaranteed to get called in if it is something big.

As for the time frame, I have been implying that Minato has been in the city for a decent length of time. I think at one point I said that three years before the start of the game was the most recent I would have had him arrive.

As for his influence, that can be attributed to the locals liking him and/or respecting the power he wields and what it does for the community, the old man manipulating that to turn him into a hero figure and using the reputation it built up to stave off a large amount of threats; And his unnerving tendency to end up in leadership positions for no damn reason, even when he tries not to.

That said this is what it turned into after a period of not less than three years, it started out as just the neighborhood he was in.

Any further questions/complaints/concerns?

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: July 19, 2014, 06:57:13 AM »
Talked with Magos, Rae, Chris, Jenn, and others. I'll speak on their behalf.

Minato is not going to be capable enough to even patrol deeply enough on his own for 10 kms. Especially when he doesn't have his own car, lmao. That and his abilities are not going to be capable enough to get him much influence in a town like Nexus, nor do much of anything. Especially when living there for a few years. And Igor has jackshit of influence there. Covered it with them. And canonically from P3 and P4, he did basically nothing outside of the Velvet Room. So there's absolutely no reason why he's gonna start doing shit in the city even now.

Also to add, Minato doesn't seem to care much outside of his own circle. He's more wandering around than patrolling. So he's basically, "I don't care".

> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: July 19, 2014, 07:10:13 AM »
Ok so before I argue about this anymore, where the hell did Igor come into the discussion?

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: July 19, 2014, 07:13:02 AM »
Honestly, I was a bit confused about that too. It's this part I think (emphasis mine)
As for his influence, that can be attributed to the locals liking him and/or respecting the power he wields and what it does for the community, the old man manipulating that to turn him into a hero figure and using the reputation it built up to stave off a large amount of threats; And his unnerving tendency to end up in leadership positions for no damn reason, even when he tries not to.
People assumed this meant Igor. I was kinda wondering about that, I didn't notice any confirmation that it was Igor. That should answer that.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: July 19, 2014, 07:46:53 AM »
Ah well in the post before that I mentioned the Immortal old man with an enormous mustache, he has even appeared in IC already.

But yeah, not Igor. If it was Igor I would have just typed Igor.

This old man is very manipulative, he would have to be to survive politics in the nexus, and he has been alive for a very long time even by the standards of immortals.

Anyway you are right for the most part, Minato basically does just wander aimlessly at night having random encounters unless someone comes to him with a request. Usually the requests end up being to kill something or other so same old same old for him either way.

Plus over the course of years he has to have fought, and killed, a number of fairly bad things through simple odds of encounter, you have to think, what might he have run into over the course of three years?

I will mention again that Minato did not actually play much of an active role in the development of this setup, it was that scheming old man.

I am sorry if this doesn't make much sense, if it makes it easier the district could be an out of the way section far away from most of the conflict centers, and in a less urban part of the city. I had sort of thought of it that way already anyway.

Smaller buildings, small businesses, residential spaces that sort of thing.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 07:49:00 AM by Kurogami »

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: July 19, 2014, 08:01:50 AM »
Scheming old man or not, why not just make a character out of him? It's just a bit awkward to let some mere NPC do all of that for your character.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: July 19, 2014, 08:11:43 AM »
I was actually considering it, it has just taken awhile for him to develop into something other than a plot fixture.

Don't be too surprised if a character sheet pops up for him, in the next month or two.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: July 19, 2014, 08:17:47 AM »

I REGRET NOTHING
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts