Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).  (Read 171923 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).
« Reply #1710 on: July 20, 2014, 02:46:56 AM »
Prepare for an unexpected guest in the room Mike...

Ah, right, yes....

Remember I don't want him actually taking over Kiyoshi, though, and if you try to force it I'll just call Elf to sort it out.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: July 20, 2014, 02:56:15 AM »
The Hunter doesn't need the whelp. He just wants to see them squirm.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: July 20, 2014, 04:45:09 AM »
And with that we have food.

Who's hungry?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: July 20, 2014, 04:59:23 AM »
Well, Kiyoshi and Rider will come down in a bit, I think there's something Arch intends to do first.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: July 20, 2014, 05:34:55 AM »
OK, Arch, what did you just do, exactly? I'm not sure what Kiyoshi (or Rider) would see or feel there....

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: July 20, 2014, 05:39:52 AM »
Nothing good, I can tell you that much. Kiyoshi should probably start freaking out if he wakes up. I don't know much about Strixes yet though, so I can't really say whether he's able to become conscious during this or not.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: July 20, 2014, 05:52:11 AM »
Well, Rider should be able to see him, Kiyoshi should be waking up because this thing is literally stealing chunks of his soul from his breath, and the Strixes yellow yes are boreing into his.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: July 20, 2014, 06:00:53 AM »
You do know you just flew your shadow being into the absolute worst place for anything shadowy to be right?

His self preservation instinct is shit.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 06:02:30 AM by Kurogami »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: July 20, 2014, 06:11:39 AM »
I don't think you get how he works. At all.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: July 20, 2014, 06:23:18 AM »
Will an all cutting sword of light hurt him? or Light magic?

Another question, what kind of ridiculous luck check did he pass to get into the dorm and not just find himself in an empty building like nearly any other uninvited guest would?

In case you are wondering I am slightly irritated that you decided to undermine my dorm without so much as a post in my general direction.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: July 20, 2014, 06:34:58 AM »
It'd hurt him I think, but I don't know if it'd be much more effective than any other magic or enchanted weapon. Magos is more the one to answer that though, again, I don't know much about Strix.

As for the empty building thing... I'm honestly not sure what you're talking about. ^^" Is there some special defense around the building or something?

Also on Strixes. I doubt this would happen, but what happens if a Strix has to deal with another being capable of devouring souls? Is it just who wins out first, or what would happen?

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: July 20, 2014, 06:57:52 AM »
It'd hurt him I think, but I don't know if it'd be much more effective than any other magic or enchanted weapon. Magos is more the one to answer that though, again, I don't know much about Strix.

As for the empty building thing... I'm honestly not sure what you're talking about. ^^" Is there some special defense around the building or something?

Also on Strixes. I doubt this would happen, but what happens if a Strix has to deal with another being capable of devouring souls? Is it just who wins out first, or what would happen?
Strix in vampires can be diablerized, and they can diablerize vampires in turn. Basically it's whoever gets in the first punch and makes it stick.

Will an all cutting sword of light hurt him? or Light magic?

Another question, what kind of ridiculous luck check did he pass to get into the dorm and not just find himself in an empty building like nearly any other uninvited guest would?

In case you are wondering I am slightly irritated that you decided to undermine my dorm without so much as a post in my general direction.
No and no. It has to be sunlight in particular, and only sunlight. Flashlight won't do shit, magic won't do shit if it's based in the physical, because he is fucking SHADOW.

I'm sorry what, you never mentioned any defenses like that and even if there WERE; immortal being of darkness around since time immemorial > whatever some teenager can come up with

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: July 20, 2014, 06:59:16 AM »
Minato's sword is a holy grail beam saber, that I specified can cut whatever Minato wants it to, so I should hope it does a little more than base sword damage.

Space time dorm is called that because it is technically in eight places at once; But for practical purposes the dorm is in none of the places unless someone opens the front door at which point it's position becomes fixed in one of the places for a short time.

I have mentioned this before too.

To put it simply if someone who is not allowed tries to enter the dorm, it would almost definitely fix itself somewhere else. This is not infallible, someone with time space abilities could get around it, and someone with high enough luck could just walk right in thanks to simply turning the odds in their favor. Probability manipulation would also work.

Flying in through a window with no luck stat, no time space skill, no probability alteration, and no talking to me beforehand definitely does not work.  >:(

Though I am having trouble not laughing at the concept of a persona protag not being able to kill a shadow. Probably a different sort of shadow but the thought is still hilarious.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 07:07:36 AM by Kurogami »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: July 20, 2014, 07:04:27 AM »
Again. Being. Of. Fucking. Shadow.

>Holy grail beam saber

See, this is the problem with this shit, it makes no sense and again with the strix there is nothing to cut you fucking dumbass. I even specified that.

Also he's got a 1 in 8 shot of getting in then so just fucking roll with it man.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: July 20, 2014, 07:10:49 AM »
Strix in vampires can be diablerized, and they can diablerize vampires in turn. Basically it's whoever gets in the first punch and makes it stick.
Ah, okay, gotcha. What about someone that can eat souls outright though? Is it similar in that regard, in that it's who gets to the punch first, or is it somewhat power level based?
It has to be sunlight in particular, and only sunlight. Flashlight won't do shit, magic won't do shit if it's based in the physical, because he is fucking SHADOW.
Would a UV lamp work? Same wavelength of light.

And Kuro. How is Minato capable of doing any of this? From what I understand, Minato shouldn't really have much in terms of magical ability outside of his Persona.