Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).  (Read 172719 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).
« Reply #1800 on: July 24, 2014, 04:46:28 AM »
Sorry guys, I won't be on line at all tomorrow.  Twelve hour trek to the in-laws after an early shift at work.  I will be back on Friday.

I posted and everything.
Have fun Elf!

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: July 24, 2014, 04:55:36 AM »
Yay, Elf post! :D

And it's perfectly fine. :) Have fun over there! :D

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: July 24, 2014, 10:28:11 AM »
And kinda not great post is ready for when she gets back! Ah well, at least it's done.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: July 25, 2014, 05:19:17 AM »
Profile updated.

Not done yet just giving a progress report.

NEW!
Time space dorm is being partially retconed. Partly because everyone else hated it, partly because I just like my travel method from 1.0 better. So it is now exclusively in Minato's district. The lengthening hallways and self furnishing rooms will stay, along with the treasure room and armory, the kitchen, and the basement. The moves between eight places and kaleidoscope space on the roof are being axed.

NEW!
Time space powers are being changed from vague can do whatever power into three definite powers with defined limits.

These powers are:
Dark Moment - Allows Minato to make time space hiccup for about half a second once per night. Eg. Make one second take half a second longer. Might disrupt some kinds of things, it's up to all of you if it does anything to your characters and their tricks or not.

Hall of Doors - Brings back my door travel method from 1.0...
that's it, that's all it does.

Shadow Vassal - This is the one I expect to be hearing about; So yeah Minato can now make exactly one shadow follow his commands. This has more limits than the other two:

1. Minato can only control shadows of the same arcana as him.
2. Minato can only give up to three simple commands to it, once given the orders cannot be changed or revoked.
3. Minato can only control one shadow, to control a new shadow the old one has to die.

NEW!
Some of the Inherent attributes have been added. The wild card ones will all have only one each, the three fixed ones were special for obvious reasons.

Now before people start complaining about me adding things to personae, most of the Inherent Attributes are useless or near useless in combat; The few that are will be either minor or have usage limits to prevent me from abusing them.

I will also note that I have made every effort to have the abilities fit the theme of the persona or the story they came from to some degree.

Remaining to-do:
Add revised dorm info.
Put Inherent attributes on the Personae that don't have any yet.
Add post arrival info to Minato's history.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: July 25, 2014, 05:23:37 AM »
Shadow Vassal - This is the one I expect to be hearing about; So yeah Minato can now make exactly one shadow follow his commands. This has more limits than the other two:

1. Minato can only control shadows of the same arcana as him.
2. Minato can only give up to three simple commands to it, once given the orders cannot be changed or revoked.
3. Minato can only control one shadow, to control a new shadow the old one has to die.

Why is this even necessary? Making stuff that doesn't exactly fit for the dorm sort of makes sense. I have no idea what purpose this serves.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 05:24:55 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: July 25, 2014, 05:28:46 AM »
Why did I add this, or why can he do it?

I added it because I wanted to make one particular shadow my Minato's bitch, it put me Minato through a lot of suffering and it sort of amuses me to degrade it in such a way.

He can do it because, and I put this in the profile, Minato's soul absorbed part of Death; He gained roughly the same amount of inhumanity from Death as Death gained in Humanity from him, that is where all three of those powers come from.

It was the Guard Dog I mentioned in several posts in IC, taking it out would mean another retcon as well. If needed I will make a sheet for The Reaper and use up one of my character slots, I just would rather not if I don't have to.

It is one of the things that lets Minato keep such a large area relatively safe.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 05:38:25 AM by Kurogami »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: July 25, 2014, 05:59:06 AM »
...Yeah no expect nachos to bitchslap you for this

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: July 25, 2014, 06:06:14 AM »
Right now I am just putting everything in, if there is anything I am totally banned from using I will just tag it as sealed in the profile.

That said I think I will be just making a profile for it after I am done with this to turn it from an NPC to a PC and make it easier to work with, though if that and the ability gets rejected then I will have no choice but to retcon it.

I don't like it, but if that is what I have to do then that is what I will do.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 07:01:46 AM by Kurogami »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: July 25, 2014, 06:13:12 AM »
Right now I am just putting everything in, if there is anything I am totally banned from using I will just tag it as sealed in the profile.
Lantz tried that with the Rider arm.

You'll have to remove it entirely

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: July 25, 2014, 06:36:30 AM »
If I can avoid having to remove it in some way I would like to, but I have no major issue with removing it if a GM orders it.

Not even a big retcon if I do, just make some other throwaway NPC to serve the guard dog role I was alluding to, and pretend the "chinking of chains" foreshadowing was a coincidence and had no deeper meaning.

Though I might add that it does fit with his Messiah theme somewhat, by making The Reaper his guard dog he has "Conquered Death" in a fairly literal sense.

Though given that Minato was first approved with EX servant everything and nothing to make him unique, I think this is a vast improvement over what I started with, no matter how it turns out.

--Edit--

Going to sleep, will resume editing in the morning.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 08:24:07 AM by Kurogami »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: July 25, 2014, 11:27:38 AM »
Lantz tried that with the Rider arm.

You'll have to remove it entirely

Lantz never had to remove the Rider arm from Toshi's profile entirely, he just had to agree not to use it.

Brahmastra

« Reply #1811 on: July 25, 2014, 11:39:26 AM »
Lantz never had to remove the Rider arm from Toshi's profile entirely, he just had to agree not to use it.

Go look at the profile in the rejected sheet list and say that again.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: July 25, 2014, 12:21:58 PM »
Though given that Minato was first approved with EX servant everything and nothing to make him unique, I think this is a vast improvement over what I started with, no matter how it turns out.
This isn't true. In fact, according to the edit history, before any edits, you had his stats as thus (notably you didn't specify what scale it was on either):

Strength:D (25)
Agility: C (30)
Speed: C (30)
Endurance: C (30)
Mana: B (40)
Luck: B (40)

He shouldn't have EX Servant stats. In everything. Nor should he have all these abilities that don't make sense with canon. And he certainly wasn't approved with those stats. This is very similar to what lantz pulled, and it's not good at all.

I'm not one of the GMs, but I would say that claiming that he was approved with stats that he wasn't really approved with, especially when your initial sheet lists different stats as very much so not a good thing.

I would expect you to have to change your sheet extensively, assuming you don't get kicked entirely for claiming what you just did. Granted, getting kicked is worst case scenario and I don't think it's terribly likely, but understand that what you did with Minato's sheet and then turning around and claiming that he got approved with those stats when he wasn't is really uncool.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 12:38:54 PM by Alice »

Brahmastra

« Reply #1813 on: July 25, 2014, 12:44:38 PM »
Minato shouldn't have Servants stats. He shouldn't even have high-Mortal stats. The only Persona characters that should go into the Mortal A's are Kanji, Akihiko and P4A!Mitsuru. At no point outside gameplay (which is an incredibly weak source because, well, it's gameplay) does people with Personas, even with them activated, display physical ability even close to Servant level.

Again, Servant-E is about the same as 10 times that of a average fit human. No mortal character in Persona is close to that.

As for how Minato somehow got in with the stats he had in 1.0... I blame the GM'a unfamiliarity with the Series.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 12:47:41 PM by Christemo »

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: July 25, 2014, 12:59:24 PM »
Kuro, I'm going to ask you a serious question. Have you actually played Persona?
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]