Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).  (Read 172690 times)

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).
« Reply #1980 on: September 10, 2014, 03:43:07 AM »
Thank you for being patient with me in responding to Phoenix, Knick.
And thanks for suggesting Phoenix take some initiative. Normally I try to avoid allowing my characters to share my pitfalls - of which indecision and lack of initiative are among. XP
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: September 11, 2014, 04:14:53 PM »
Not sure if I want to bother anymore with Cross Effects, if I get into Dallas' site I will likely switch there.

Brahmastra

« Reply #1982 on: September 12, 2014, 07:03:34 PM »
So after about a week of internal debate, I have decided to leave CE.

Why? Because it has grown boring. I'll list my reasons as to why.

1. Inactivity. This is probably the biggest thing. It takes people multiple days to weeks to update certain characters (Me and Dallas have literally been waiting for Mandible to post with a certain character for a month), and while there's the whole "oh theres a 24 hour rule now guys", thats cute and all, but it doesn't really help shit in dialogue situations. So basically, even when I want to post, I'm usually waiting on about 8/10 of my characters to be in a position to respond.

2. The lack of point. I get that it's supposed to be an "interaction-based RP", but the fact that there is literally no objectives besides "lel mix-and-match dimension, now go crazy" makes it incredibly tedious. In an RP, you generally always have at least something to work towards, even if it's vague, and the fact that there's none besides player-set ones gets dull as shit really fast.

I heard Elf defend this one with "If I wanted a "goal" I'd just write a story.". While I can definitely see where that is coming from, that's a fine opinion to have as an author. As a GM, it's absolutely terrible. You're supposed to make things have a point and make objectives, not just throw up a Paint map, set some basic limits and go "NOW MAKE CHARACTERS AND HAVE THEM FUCK".

3. The RP in general suffers because there's no limits that can test and make you show off how good you are at RP'ing. Characters go OOC, do things they'd probably never do (the most glaring examples to me being Forest and Archer wanting to fuck ultra-bad not even a few hours after meeting each other, despite the fact that they're both terrible romantics, one has been repressed for centuries and the other is terrible with women. The other example being a Rae!Rin post being, and I quote "She was literally using rin to live out a fantasy about clinging to lancers abs".)

TL:DR: Characters, including some of my own, suffer from consistently poor characterization with the lack of limits.

4. Time. In the span of over 3 months the RP has gone absolutely no where. We've had about 3 inconclusive fights, a few character pairs had sex and another is about to and only a night and half a day has passed, and only because we've had to deliberately push things along and rush stuff. Character plans besides "oh they chance-meet and fuck" or "literally falls through my roof and we fucxk" wound up being worth literally nothing because it'll take multiple months out-of-game time to actually get to ideas that weren't even that interesting to begin with.

5. It's on DSM. That is all.

6. Literally over half of the fun of CE to begin with was how terrible lantz was.

This is pretty much all I have to say to basically say that CE has grown staler than month-old bread to me. The only part of it I can say I really enjoy still (Writing crossover smut) I've had better experiences with just asking the person in question "hey, lets write these two characters doing this" in a Google doc.

With this post, feel free to put all my characters in the deleted characters bin and move on. I'm not gonna ass myself to write exit posts for them all.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: September 12, 2014, 07:15:25 PM »
Quote from: Christemo
The other example being a Rae!Rin post being, and I quote "She was literally using rin to live out a fantasy about clinging to lancers abs".
I... really don't get what you're talking about with this. For fuck sakes, it's snowing and it's cold. You're going to try and get close to the warm thing that is warm. Especially when it's the only warm thing they're close to. Plus it's a date anyway. But the point of that whole thing was, "jesus fuck it's cold, I didn't think about it getting cold, let's get close to the warm guy who's carrying me."

That all said (because it frustrates the hell out of me when I'm being misrepresented on something), I understand getting worn down with it. I've been worn out lately too.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Dallas

• Snoop Dogg's Dog
  • Spiritron
  • Woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: September 13, 2014, 04:51:45 AM »
"And oh what a chest it was."

Rae come on that excuse sounds more like something Rin would say than your actual posts with Rin.

Anyways, I'm on the same boat as Chris only with more reason to since I didn't come here to RP smut at all and it really feels like thats all there is to this site. Count me out too.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: September 13, 2014, 05:26:12 AM »
Ok, that particular part I should have thought through more carefully. But you're implying that every damn post I've made with Rin is OOC.

FOR FUCK SAKES, YOU SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT THIS SHIT UP TO ME! I'VE BEEN ASKING FOR GOD DAMN FEEDBACK CONSTANTLY! DON'T PULL THIS SHIT AFTER I'VE BEEN ASKING TO AN ANNOYING DEGREE IF I'VE BEEN DOING ANYTHING WRONG!

Basically, I respect your decision to leave. But you're being a shitlord about it, which does bother me.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 05:33:30 AM by Alice »

Dallas

• Snoop Dogg's Dog
  • Spiritron
  • Woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: September 13, 2014, 05:32:42 AM »
Hey Rae.

Rae.

Yo Rae.

I just gave you feedback Rae.

Guess what?

You're being a bitch about it.

Why would I ever want to be straight forward with you whilst in the RP if your gonna yell in all caps?

>"a version of luvia with the brains of a toothpick"
>all her OC did was lift weights

okay

Dallas

• Snoop Dogg's Dog
  • Spiritron
  • Woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: September 13, 2014, 05:33:27 AM »
And no you actually never asked me for feedback quote yourself once in a conversation that i would have seen where you requested it.

Brahmastra

« Reply #1988 on: September 13, 2014, 05:43:09 AM »
Ok, that particular part I should have thought through more carefully. But you're implying that every damn post I've made with Rin is OOC.

FOR FUCK SAKES, YOU SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT THIS SHIT UP TO ME! I'VE BEEN ASKING FOR GOD DAMN FEEDBACK CONSTANTLY! DON'T PULL THIS SHIT AFTER I'VE BEEN ASKING TO AN ANNOYING DEGREE IF I'VE BEEN DOING ANYTHING WRONG!

Basically, I respect your decision to leave. But you're being a shitlord about it, which does bother me.

Hey Rae, what about not being a shitlord about this and actually proving him wrong instead of flailing like a chicken with rabies.

Though you can keep to the latter if you want. It's sidesplitting.

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #1989 on: September 13, 2014, 05:54:19 AM »
OK, you guys, that's enough. Let's not start more arguments right now. Keep it up and I'll start handing warnings.

Dallas

• Snoop Dogg's Dog
  • Spiritron
  • Woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: September 13, 2014, 06:23:57 AM »
A warning for a site we are both about to leave? Oh no please dont!

Kaiza I knew you were retarded but come the fuck on.

Besides, I'm not gonna sit here and take shit because I have an opinion. So kindly ban me or piss off.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 06:24:47 AM by Dallas »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: September 13, 2014, 09:30:29 AM »
Okay, now that I've calmed down and before things escalate.

While I think Dallas wasn't exactly being... well, the nicest, about how he approached things, the way I snapped wasn't warranted, especially for an administrator. In fact, I'm kinda worried about the stuff attached to that particular snap, because my brain may be doing this fun thing where it's decided to hate me and is thus doing fun things with my behavior. Regardless of that though, that's not what you're here to read.

What you want to read is this. I'm sorry I reacted the way I did. Regardless of how right or wrong you were, my reaction to that I should have tried to control. Brain malfunction or no, I should have just stepped back and talked it out elsewhere before addressing the issue instead of just exploding and letting the cross-wiring get the better of me.

I'm going to hold off discussing it further from there until I've had some time to cool off. This whole thing started because I allowed myself to become irrational, so it's best that I get my mental heath back in check before I address any of this further. I was at least wise enough to not try and mod while I was in the mood I was in and also it being more personal, and I will stick to that for now despite having calmed down. Any moderator action in regards to this I will leave to them (as a group decision). 

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #1992 on: September 15, 2014, 12:02:00 AM »
A warning for a site we are both about to leave? Oh no please dont!

Kaiza I knew you were retarded but come the fuck on.

Besides, I'm not gonna sit here and take shit because I have an opinion. So kindly ban me or piss off.
Well, after discussing this with the other mods (excepting Alice, as she stated above), we've decided to take you on your offer.

You can have an opinion, but that doesn't excuse acting like that and insulting others.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: September 15, 2014, 12:06:46 AM »
Ironically enough, had I actually voted, I would have just asked for a warning or something. The other mods though have spoken. As I promised above, I stayed out of the decision making process.

I'm going to probably be a bit posting, btw. I'm going to be taking it easy for a bit. I'm doing better now than I was before, but I'm still kinda shaky. So I want to focus on getting my head back on straight first.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 12:13:32 AM by Alice »

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: September 15, 2014, 05:15:03 PM »
So um not to rush things but with people leaving what do you want to do?