Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).  (Read 172516 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).
« Reply #2070 on: November 07, 2014, 03:33:01 AM »
I have one self imposed rule. If my characters' Morality (Clarity/Humanity/Integrity) drop to 0, they can be killed freely.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: November 07, 2014, 03:58:34 AM »
Since Tom's a special case because chances are he will be "redeemed" or move from "antagonist" to "Pain in the ass friendemy" I'll say he'll be one of your four. 

The + Antagonist can be killed while the four playable characters can only be killed if you allow it.
Ahh, gotcha, so no change then. That's fine. :) Well, that gives me motivation to make a more straight up villain then. :P Though hmm... do you think it'd be better to wait until Tom gets some form of redemption to roll a character for that, so I don't get overwhelmed, or go hog wild with it?

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: November 07, 2014, 04:30:18 AM »
Significant problem is basically not being able to "roleplay" that "happy family" in whole set.

No, not at all. I'm already leaving out two of their kids. However, currently, the only characters I can send straight into the RP are Kiyoshi and Rider, and if I'm going to drop any character it would be Kiyoshi. Further, Kiyoshi and his shadow giant is the justification I have for sending Sakura, Shirou and Aoi into the Nexus when I'm ready to do so, so taking him out means I have no justification for getting my characters there.

Well, I have a significant problem with anything less than five right now, because I have five characters and I can't easily drop any of them (Kiyoshi and Rider are the only two I have that I can send in right away, and Rider on her own wouldn't have much reason to do anything, plus I then can't justify sending in the rest later).

What about Rider, Kiyoshi, Sakura and Shirou?  You can still have Sakura with her happy family life without having to juggle a bunch of characters at the same time.

I could, but I really want to play Aoi, because she's a character I like. She's also the only character aside from Rider who I can potentially use for sex scenes with other characters.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 04:31:32 AM by Cherry Lover »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: November 07, 2014, 04:35:30 AM »
Honestly, like I've said several times already, I'd just give Kiyoshi the boot, he's slowed you down in the past.

Also, scratch that question I had about whether to play the antagonist and antagonistmode!Tom at the same time, I've answered my own question. ...Via coinflip. :P I'm going to stick with just Tom for now until he turns into more of a good guy or frenemy, so I don't get overwhelmed.

Next question, should I play technomancer kitty, yea or nay? :P

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: November 07, 2014, 04:38:12 AM »
Honestly, like I've said several times already, I'd just give Kiyoshi the boot, he's slowed you down in the past.

Yeah, but I've already explained why that's an issue for me. Kiyoshi and Rider are the only two characters I can send in immediately, and I also need Kiyoshi to justify how the others get there. Plus, Rider on her own doesn't work, because she has little interest in doing much of anything and, further, sending her in with Sakura limits the possibility of sex scenes with her somewhat (because she won't need prana then). So, if I drop Kiyoshi, it causes me problems with setting my characters up to arrive and setting other things up.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: November 07, 2014, 04:54:00 AM »
What about using the contract to have Sakura track Rider? I'm sure you could still have the connection intact while having no prana coming through because of the different dimensions (though Elf would have to clarify if this is fine or not).

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: November 07, 2014, 06:05:06 AM »
You can also spread your wings a bit Mike and try and do some different things. Or you can do something interesting like making Rider your 'antagonist' but in the sense that she is eating people to maintain herself to protect Kiyoshi rather then crackle von baby eater.

It can even be something weird going on that even after you bring in Sakura something about the nexus or how Rider got there fucked up her ability to form a contract with someone, but by extension no longer needs an anchor, just prana to maintain herself.

It could be a good source of conflict and character development.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 06:05:50 AM by Knick »

Soldat der Trauer

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: November 07, 2014, 06:16:07 AM »
Further, Kiyoshi and his shadow giant is the justification I have for sending Sakura, Shirou and Aoi into the Nexus when I'm ready to do so, so taking him out means I have no justification for getting my characters there.

Have you perhaps considered the option of making Kiyoshi your "antagonist" submission, perhaps in the sense as an unwitting/unknowing one?

His power already sounds like the sort of thing that can drive that sort of character-specific sub-plot down its own direction, and lord knows that a literal child "villain" (here used loosely b/c I figure you're touchy on literalism) done reasonably well can provide for a tripped out kind of roleplaying experience w/ regards to how others end up interacting w/ him.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: November 07, 2014, 07:06:04 AM »

Yeah, but I've already explained why that's an issue for me. Kiyoshi and Rider are the only two characters I can send in immediately, and I also need Kiyoshi to justify how the others get there. Plus, Rider on her own doesn't work, because she has little interest in doing much of anything and, further, sending her in with Sakura limits the possibility of sex scenes with her somewhat (because she won't need prana then). So, if I drop Kiyoshi, it causes me problems with setting my characters up to arrive and setting other things up.

Then why not drop Shirou?

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: November 07, 2014, 07:29:37 AM »
Hmm... Hang on, I just remembered. Sheets are in a new format so we have to redo sheets anyway. So would it matter if you had to make new sheets, Mike? Because you're going to have to do it anyway. No one would be ready to go anyway, because you have to make a new sheet regardless.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: November 07, 2014, 01:58:31 PM »
You can also spread your wings a bit Mike and try and do some different things.

That requires me to think of and write other characters who are interesting for me to play, though, which I don't have time to do.

Or you can do something interesting like making Rider your 'antagonist' but in the sense that she is eating people to maintain herself to protect Kiyoshi rather then crackle von baby eater.

Yeah, but that means Rider can die, and I don't want Rider to die.

It can even be something weird going on that even after you bring in Sakura something about the nexus or how Rider got there fucked up her ability to form a contract with someone, but by extension no longer needs an anchor, just prana to maintain herself.

It could be a good source of conflict and character development.

Except that it means Rider can't eventually return home with Sakura, and I want that to be possible.

Further, Kiyoshi and his shadow giant is the justification I have for sending Sakura, Shirou and Aoi into the Nexus when I'm ready to do so, so taking him out means I have no justification for getting my characters there.

Have you perhaps considered the option of making Kiyoshi your "antagonist" submission, perhaps in the sense as an unwitting/unknowing one?

His power already sounds like the sort of thing that can drive that sort of character-specific sub-plot down its own direction, and lord knows that a literal child "villain" (here used loosely b/c I figure you're touchy on literalism) done reasonably well can provide for a tripped out kind of roleplaying experience w/ regards to how others end up interacting w/ him.

No, because his death would utterly destroy Sakura, and if I include him as an antagonist someone like Arch will kill him.

Then why not drop Shirou?

It's possible, but I like having him interact with Sakura.

Hmm... Hang on, I just remembered. Sheets are in a new format so we have to redo sheets anyway. So would it matter if you had to make new sheets, Mike? Because you're going to have to do it anyway. No one would be ready to go anyway, because you have to make a new sheet regardless.

There's a big difference between re-writing a sheet and actually writing an entire character, though.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: November 07, 2014, 02:08:12 PM »
One question, how many days per week you work? Cause I'm capable of submitting sheets in spite of working three days per week, attending uni in weekends one or two times per month, preparing to sessions.

No, because his death would utterly destroy Sakura, and if I include him as an antagonist someone like Arch will kill him.

Depending on what stuff he would do, my Hunter could intervene since he already killed a little kid in backstory (a vampire though, but his Integrity eroded enough that all bets are off if the supernatural child is on rampage killing people, unwittingly or not).

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: November 07, 2014, 03:03:23 PM »
Mike, the only damn reason the Strix even showed up was because you were bitching about not having anyone to interact with. If you're that fucking attatched to the kid, you can drop Shirou. Seriously Mike, the biggest problem you have is with your happy family, you end up creating a bubble where you really don't give others room for interaction with them.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: November 07, 2014, 03:10:35 PM »
One question, how many days per week you work? Cause I'm capable of submitting sheets in spite of working three days per week, attending uni in weekends one or two times per month, preparing to sessions.

I work full-time. However, I also do a whole bunch of other stuff (like trying to actually get people to come to the forum and post things), and sheet-writing is something I find generally difficult.

Depending on what stuff he would do, my Hunter could intervene since he already killed a little kid in backstory (a vampire though, but his Integrity eroded enough that all bets are off if the supernatural child is on rampage killing people, unwittingly or not).

Erm, you're missing the point there. I don't want Kiyoshi to die. Kiyoshi dying is really bad for my characters, and I can't do that to Sakura.

Mike, the only damn reason the Strix even showed up was because you were bitching about not having anyone to interact with.

Yeah, the problem is that you sent him in in a way that I couldn't interact with. I did try to actually get Rider to talk to him, but the attitude he took meant that Rider would not ICly be willing to be friendly, and couldn't be snarky because she was scared about what he might to to Kiyoshi.

If you're that fucking attatched to the kid, you can drop Shirou. Seriously Mike, the biggest problem you have is with your happy family, you end up creating a bubble where you really don't give others room for interaction with them.

I'm not attached to Kiyoshi, I've just designed the scenario for my characters around having five of them. And, I'm also rather annoyed that just about everyone else in the RP except for me got to have input into this decision, and I did not because you decided it all on a chat I'm not in.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 03:12:24 PM by Cherry Lover »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: November 07, 2014, 03:11:34 PM »
Your happy family does not contribute in any way since they don't have any meaningful issues and you refuse to provide tension and conflict involving them.

There is no wrong with mundane aspects of life, Mordred has a job and little place she carved out for herself in Nexus, but even if there won't be any supernatural shenanigans (which 0 % possible) involving her, she still takes meds and goes to a therapist.