Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).  (Read 171901 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) Discussion Page (OOC).
« Reply #2085 on: November 07, 2014, 03:14:27 PM »
Your happy family does not contribute in any way since they don't have any meaningful issues and you refuse to provide tension and conflict involving them.

There is no wrong with mundane aspects of life, Mordred has a job and little place she carved out for herself in Nexus, but even if there won't be any supernatural shenanigans (which 0 % possible) involving her, she still takes meds and goes to a therapist.

It's not that they don't have any issues at all, but they're not going to be a horribly broken family. That's not how Sakura and Shirou would be at that stage.

And, there is no reason why they need that. Not everything has to be brutally grimdark with little or no happiness around.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: November 07, 2014, 03:35:06 PM »
>Horribly grimdark

For my AU Mordred her whole life embodies the theme of a beautiful madness of Changeling: The Lost. And coming to terms with what happened during her Durance.

Arguably if there is a grimdark in my character rooster, Dr. Erhart Teichmann suffered most. So many things slipped through his hands, no matter what methods he used.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: November 07, 2014, 03:41:42 PM »
>Horribly grimdark

For my AU Mordred her whole life embodies the theme of a beautiful madness of Changeling: The Lost. And coming to terms with what happened during her Durance.

Arguably if there is a grimdark in my character rooster, Dr. Erhart Teichmann suffered most. So many things slipped through his hands, no matter what methods he used.

My point is that not everyone has to have had a tragic life to be a playable character. And, Sakura and Shirou do have issues, they just deal with them.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: November 07, 2014, 03:53:55 PM »
And mine don't?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: November 07, 2014, 04:16:30 PM »
And mine don't?

My point is that Sakura and Shirou are not in therapy and don't need to be. They have issues, but most of the serious ones are back in the past and aren't something they worry too much about.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: November 07, 2014, 04:37:42 PM »
Fuck, since when going to a therapist is not dealing with issues?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 04:39:22 PM by StrayKat »

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: November 07, 2014, 04:50:50 PM »
Maiku, instead of just RPing, you might as well just write Fanfiction for your happy family.

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: November 07, 2014, 04:52:18 PM »
Or post at CE 3.0 only to yourself. Because hide yo kid, hide yo waifu, Arch-Magos is on prowl.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 04:53:28 PM by StrayKat »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: November 07, 2014, 04:56:12 PM »
Maiku, instead of just RPing, you might as well just write Fanfiction for your happy family.
This. Otherwise you'll run into the same issues you did before, namely Kiyoshi being annoying and holding us off from actually wanting to interact with him or Rider. You create a bubble around your characters that stops us from doing anything with them, because they need to be this perfect fucking family.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: November 07, 2014, 05:09:35 PM »
inb4 Kiyoshi makes Deborah roll for frenzy checks.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: November 07, 2014, 05:18:20 PM »
Man, my special type of mind reader who is other then that a rather normal person is going to think your all freaks.

Good thing she blocks her ability mostly by playing really, really loud music. She does not need to know the depths of your crazy.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 05:19:32 PM by Knick »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: November 07, 2014, 05:48:12 PM »
Changelings ARE insane, the degree of insanity depends only on Clarity rating. So Mordred is not perfectly healthy person in that regard.

Deborah is a Vampire with the Beast roiling inside her, so fakes behaving like a human.

Erhart is a mortal but mentally scarred by his vampire hunting, yet still going on. He feels guilty about being indirect cause why his wife was turned.

As for Zarathusthra, he is NWoD Demon, so no mind reading.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: November 07, 2014, 05:57:07 PM »
Fuck, since when going to a therapist is not dealing with issues?

Well, yes, of course it is.

I guess what I meant is that they don't have issues which massively affect their lives, to the point of needing to go to a therapist or similar.

Or post at CE 3.0 only to yourself. Because hide yo kid, hide yo waifu, Arch-Magos is on prowl.

Good job he can't kill my characters without permission then, isn't it...?

This. Otherwise you'll run into the same issues you did before, namely Kiyoshi being annoying and holding us off from actually wanting to interact with him or Rider.

Fuck off, Arch. I'm not saying you can't do anything, but your idea of things to do involve either killing them unavoidably or forcing me to RP according to your desires without any regard for what I want.

And, yes, Kiyoshi is annoying. That's part of the fucking point. Because I'm trying to design characters who aren't fucking perfect in every way. So, no, you can't bitch about Sakura's family being too perfect, because your issue with them is precisely the opposite. They're not perfect enough.

You create a bubble around your characters that stops us from doing anything with them, because they need to be this perfect fucking family.

No, I don't. I just do not want them put in situations where I can't actually do a damn thing about what you're trying to do. Which I think is entirely reasonable.

My problem with Stryx was not him showing up and fucking with things, it's the fact that you give me absolutely no method aside from Deus Ex Machina to actually do anything about it, and that the only interaction I could have with him involved you killing Kiyoshi. Characters don't have to die to be interesting.

And, I accept that Kiyoshi as a character is hard to interact with due to his nature, it's just that I can't easily drop him and join in the RP right away.

Further, the problem there is largely on your side. This RP isn't meant to be extremely dark, it's meant to be something where characters of all levels can exist. However, you guys insist on making absurdly OP characters and then using them to enforce your will on everyone else, making it almost impossible to play a character who isn't also OP.

I like playing Kiyoshi because he is actually an interesting character to RP. Somewhat flawed, but not nasty. However, he is Sakura's child, and I do not want him killed-off. Given that this is an RP in which character death is specifically not an expected outcome, that shouldn't be an issue. The only issue here is that you guys can't comprehend that "no killing characters without permission" means that you have no right to bitch when someone doesn't want their character to die.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 06:07:56 PM by Cherry Lover »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: November 07, 2014, 06:11:14 PM »
Announcement:

As antagonist I'm bringing Changeling version of Sakura Matou.

She is of Darkling Seeming, with dual Kith merit (Tunnelgrub/Leechfinger). She is a Loyalist to her Keeper and tries to establish connection between Nexus and its Arcadian Realm. Oh, and she drains people's lifeforce to bring forth him.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: November 07, 2014, 06:13:16 PM »
Announcement:

As antagonist I'm bringing Changeling version of Sakura Matou.

She is of Darkling Seeming, with dual Kith merit (Tunnelgrub/Leechfinger). She is a Loyalist to her Keeper and tries to establish connection between Nexus and its Arcadian Realm. Oh, and she drains people's lifeforce to bring forth him.

Yeah, you making an obviously OOC version of "Sakura" to troll me is entirely irrelevant. She's not Sakura and I won't treat her as such.