Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) The RP  (Read 176106 times)

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) The RP
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2014, 02:25:09 AM »
Grigori watched with keen interest as the being cut apart Zolgen's binding spell. The sheer power of his presence would inspire terror in most beings, however Grigori was far from a normal being, even compared to other magi or supernaturals. She squashed any drop of fear that existed, and simply smiled. "I was not planning on killing him warrior. I simply wished to ask a few questions."

Brahmastra

« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2014, 02:44:35 AM »
La Folia was expecting herself to wake in her hotel room at any moment now. Something that felt this amazing must surely not be real. Never had her own masturbation ever felt nearly as good as when the delightful man before her started rubbing her clit. His lips now dominating the left side of her neck, occasionally nibbling her ear, La Folia's mouth was now solely devoted to heavy breathing and the occasional semi-loud moan. She had only been under his attentions for a few minutes and she could already feel the build-up of her arousal almost coming to her peek, a result of both his incredible skill but also her incredible need. A need that could not possibly be quenched with but this.

Her fingers grasped much more fiercely on his back, almost digging into his skin as he worshiped the altar of her body under the light of the moon. Her arched back leaned into one of the car doors as Gabriel had her pinned against it, skirt slightly hiked up with the gorgeous man's fingers in her underwear, hips pressing against his hand repeatedly, beckoning for more.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 03:38:17 AM by Brahmastra »

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2014, 02:53:05 AM »
"I require your aid to develop the technology that will give my men the edge they need to stand against the supernatural denizens of this city. Not as a bother or a damage control net, but a force capable of imposing order and balance on the run-down strenches of this city." Fate explained.

Lightly tapping his fingers on his desk once, the mage continued.

"I understand that there are those in Nexus City foolish enough to incur your displeasure. Inane trash that does not know its place, scum that dares make claims of this city as their own. Individuals like Deacon Frost arrogantly extend their control over the underworld, and disturb the status that should exist according to your will. Their unworthiness stains your domain, and opposes the stability I desire for this city and its citizens."

Gilgamesh laughed, long and loud. The Golden King adjusted the phone against his ear as the wind whistled past him, whipping the edges of his dark, tailored suit in the wind.

"Continue, Homunculus. You have my ears."

"If you answered my request, I would be pleased to begin dealing with this issue, and more than willing to begin an advantaged permanent partnership with Golden Rule. This would be to the benefit of the both of us, and eliminate any need to deign yourself to punish the troublesome elements I mentioned."

There was only silence on Gilgamesh's end.

"Would this arrangement, details pending, be to your liking?"

The silence continued, only broken by a short laugh from the Golden King.

"It is true, Homunculus, that with such a thing I would have no need to punish the unworthy. And yet," He shifted the phone as he surveyed the city once more, noting the events below.

"...No matter. You may depend upon the necessary funds and supplies being sent to you upon request."

The King's crimson eyes narrowed.

"Do not abuse this privilege, Homunculus. If your group performs well, there will be an increase as needed."

The Golden King paused, his eyes focusing straight on a certain area, a ways south from his position. It was marked as the territory of vampires, the parasites, entities that squabbled with them and other such things. He had no need for them in his city.

"Is that all?"
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2014, 02:57:25 AM »
Arcueid

She had been looking for a good spot for a long time.

Just when she decided to give up and head to the motel, she spotted the perfect place.

"Right there!", she declared to herself with determination.

Her long search would not have been in vain after all. The construction was high and dominated the surrounding buildings. It didn't seem to allow for a good view on the stars, but it sure looked like the best place for her task. With a firm determination, she escalated the red and white tower. Jumping from edge to another, she made her way to the top. Only to find out that there was already somebody. At first, she thought the blond man was discussing with himself but he appeared to be using a phone upon closer inspection. She didn't stop, climbing her way up still.

"Is that all?"

Him, on the other hand didn't seem to have noticed her. For an instant, her mind drifted about the reasons which would push someone to come here only to ring a call. But it was only an instant, for her own concern was on an entirely different scale.

And so, without a care for his self-being, she pushed the King of Heroes to his fall with an open hand in the back, putting enough force to claim the spot for her own.

"Sorry, I need you to find another place.~~♥"

She allowed only the briefest apologetic smile to the falling man before unwrapping one of her burgers and starting to munch on it.

"Ahhh, fresh air and good meal truly goes together!!"

« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 02:59:08 AM by Daiki »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2014, 03:09:48 AM »

Phoenix expanded its senses feeling a ting of some emotion that could only be amusement.

It seems familiar, but that is not possible, for that man has already long died, but no, the feeling was the same. It was the Golden King, the man it played with long ago.

Jumping to its feet Phoenix spread its wings and took to the sky, igniting like a sun illuminating the sky. It flew from the statue towards the tower in the distance where the man was.

What fun will they have again, perhaps Phoenix won’t go easy on his friend this time. Perhaps they will play a different game. Who knew, because for the first time in thousands of years it was not alone.

And finally it arrived, and he was in the company of the Golden King and one more.

Phoenix knew it as well, one of the guardians of Gaia. What is she doing here?

Whatever, it simply means more friends!

“CAWW CAWW”

Only to see his golden friend be pushed off the side of a building.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 03:17:39 AM by Knick »

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2014, 03:17:34 AM »
"Now now, was that aggression truly necessary? I mean, defending a murderer? Are we truly the foul ones here?"
"I was not planning on killing him warrior. I simply wished to ask a few questions."

Hakumen's grip on his massive sword, the Nox Nyctores Ōkami, tightened.

"Be silent. The words of the evil and the damned will not linger in my ears."

With that single sentence the giant had dispelled any notion of listening to his opponents. There would be time to hunt the brown-haired man later if he had truly murdered another, innocent man. As it stood, Hakumen moved in front of the man, sword still pointed straight at the two mages with its' blade parallel to the ground. The aura of power that surrounded him intensified, crushing the surroundings with the very presence of Hakumen. He addressed the man behind him only as an afterthought.

"You are free to leave, if you can."
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2014, 03:25:18 AM »
The night, was for Lawrence, getting towards the sort of threshold of weird that he could take. Rather ungracefully, he skittered to his feet, desperately moving to the car as fast as he could.

Bah. He spoiled the fun.

'You think me facing down two wizards, one of whom seems severely pissed off at you, is FUN?!?!?!?!?!'

Of course it is. The more blood shed the better for us.

Law slammed the door on the Firebird shut, starting the engine after fumbling with the keys. Now he had to just get out of here before someone scratched his damn car.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 03:27:28 AM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2014, 03:33:31 AM »
"The process actually requires little energy, so long as one can perform the necessary calculation, operations on dimensions higher than the sixth require a mental toll instead of a physical one, however having as you have already passed through once it should be much easier if you wish to attempt it on your own;"

Minato takes another sip of his tea.

"I apologize if it sounds a bit off, it is the kind of thing that would be easier to explain in mathematical form, that being said, if you wish I could teach you what I know, there is no reason for me not to, I can tell you aren't exactly evil."

‘What that…’ Tokiomi was flabbergasted, ‘he is willing to part with the secrets of his magecraft so simply? It’s a trap, it got to be a trap, no mage would reveal their secrets’ Tokiomi watched as Minato waited expecting an answer. ‘No. A not a trap, does not seem like the kind. A test then? Is he testing me to see if I am a good person?’ Tokiomi took another sip of his tea, making no sign of his inner turmoil display on his face or body. ‘Not worth it, even if he is willing, should he be testing me the risk is too great.’

Tokiomi smiled, “Thank you for the offer, but I simply do not have the time to learn another spell, especially one which would require as much knowledge as your apparently does.” Taking another sip simply began to enjoying the tea to the fullest, giving Minato the time to answer Jojo’s questions.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2014, 03:39:57 AM »
Fate Averruncus

Fate did not show it, but he was thankful Gilgamesh had found his initial wording agreeable enough to be amused and approvingly allow him to continue.

"It is true, Homunculus, that with such a thing I would have no need to punish the unworthy. And yet," He shifted the phone as he surveyed the city once more, noting the events below.

"...No matter. You may depend upon the necessary funds and supplies being sent to you upon request."

The King's crimson eyes narrowed.

"Do not abuse this privilege, Homunculus. If your group performs well, there will be an increase as needed."

He was more thankful for the king's positive decision. Already his mind had started to plan how to use such resources in a large and efficient scale based on the excellent prospect of the man's response. Before that, however, he returned his gratefulness to Gilgamesh in speech, keeping the same professional and respectful tone he had opened this conversation with.

"You have my thanks for your generosity. I assure you I will make good use of it. I shall keep you updated on my progress."

The Golden King paused, his eyes focusing straight on a certain area, a ways south from his position. It was marked as the territory of vampires, the parasites, entities that squabbled with them and other such things. He had no need for them in his city.

"Is that all?"

"Yes, this is all I sought from this conference. It was a pleasure doing business with you." Fate replied.

Before the call could come to an end, however, as he waited for Gilgamesh to have the final word, he noticed an unknown female voice on the other end of the line before he heard... a push?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 03:42:36 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2014, 04:01:15 AM »
"You are free to leave, if you can."

Zolgen sighed, hardheaded ones always annoyed him the most. "I will leave you to this Grigori, my magecraft is not suited for combat, especially one as powerful as him."

And with that his form began fell apart, with the insects making it up scattering.

"I will meet again with you some other time, my new friend. Perhaps we can discuss theory."

And with that he was gone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zolgen's eyes open in his workshop once again.

'Well, that was aggravating, and I had found such an interesting specimen'.

Closing his eyes again he gained the senses of one of the familiars he planted in the man's car.

"Oh well, I can always meet with him again soon." He chuckled as he opened his eyes once more to observe the breeding pit in front of him.

"Yes, yes, very interesting indeed."
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:02:04 AM by Knick »

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2014, 04:02:14 AM »
Forest eyed the girl and her conviction.  Yeah, obviously brain washed, she thought with a sigh.  Then she pulled out her gun and shot the ground.  However the deafening sound and the foot of fire erupting from the barrel would catch someone's attention.  Not to mention the giant crater in the pavement as well.

She said, "Alright, first off, magic's like my gun here.  It's a tool.  A weapon that can be used for good or evil.  It's the wielders that are the problem, not the magic itself, but not all magic users are bad."

"Yes. The tree has a point."

The resident's eyes looked over at Forest, his hand no longer curled into a dangerous claw. He looked back at the sleeping girl, before sighing in disgust. Her convictions had held true. If he cared more about humans he might have even found it brave.

"Killing you like this is not worth anything. Killing you is not worth anything."

With that simple statement he completely ignored her presence, and walked over to the taller, pale woman.

"Where is this 'Wal-Mart' you spoke of?"

"You have my thanks for your generosity. I assure you I will make good use of it. I shall keep you updated on my progress."

"See that it is so."

"Yes, this is all I sought from this conference. It was a pleasure doing business with you."

"Very well."

The Golden King looked up at the sky. The stars were hidden from his view, and he found himself suddenly irritated by his place atop the tower. Preparing to leave, Gilgamesh moved to end the call when-

"Sorry, I need you to find another place.~~♥"

"What-"

Gilgamesh felt a strong hand in the small of his back, and with a sudden push he was toppled off the tower. The Original Hero fell for a moment in a state of disbelief, before immediately reacting. Twisting in the air, Gilgamesh embedded his arm up to the elbow in the metal tower, sliding down a ways before stopping. He glanced at his other hand, still holding on to his phone.

"You may expect a call from me in the future, Homunculus."

The King's voice did not sound pleased as he ended his call. Sliding the phone back into his pocket, Gilgamesh dug a foot into the tower and pushed, sending him back up to the top in a feat of supernatural strength. His angry temperament faded somewhat as he regarded the being in front of him, that happily sat upon the tower with a hamburger in her mouth. At such a sight, even the Original Hero could only react in confusion.

"...Why are you here, True Ancestor?"
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:11:09 AM by Mooncake »
Spoiler for Hiden:

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2014, 04:04:50 AM »
Enkidu - Subway Station

This city felt wrong.

Something was amiss. It hasn't been long since his own arrival but, he could already tell that he didn't like it. He was sort of lost in the middle of a civilization he couldn't identify. He had seen many examples which only served to further confuse him. What he had in hand being one of them. A careful inspection at the roasted bird placed on a stake that he cooked earlier, made him pull a grimace. What kind of bird could it be? He had never met anything of the likes near Babylon. And he knew about animals more than enough. A closer inspection confirmed that the shape was different to any sub-species he knew of, as if it had grown in a different habitat or climate. He sighed longly, before raising his head when he heard a clamor approaching. An instant later, people were running in confusion, screaming in terror. It didn't take long for the place to be clear of all besides him. An instant, then a creature entered the deserted station.

Enkidu looked at the muscular beast with interest and gave it a warm smile. At least, he recognized this species. He spoke in the only language he could use, hoping for the dragonkin to not be troubled or scared like the many beings he had tried to communicate with. Supposedly, there was no reason for humans, beasts or spirits to be able to ignore him, for the Unified Language was a direct way to reach for the soul. However, the reactions so far had proved to be quite mitigated. Enkidu simply stopped talking to humans when a group of children started to cry. But this dragon was the first one he had encountered so far. Worth a try.

"Hungry?"

With this, he approached the unknown drake and offered the strange cooked bird to it.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2014, 04:30:59 AM »
Arcueid - Tokyo Tower

Quote from: Gilgamesh
"...Why are you here, True Ancestor?"

There was a long silence. Arcueid watched Gilgamesh with a surprised look, then titled her head on the side. Not in the least impressed by the fact that he had been able to identify her in the blink of an eye nor without showing any remorse to what she had just done, she spoke.

"You're still here..?" Placing an index on her mouth, she continued. "I was sure to have pushed you with enough strength for you to fall all the way down, though."

Then she went back to eating, her gaze wandering everywhere but on the fifth King of Uruk. Her mastication only stopped when she spotted the fire bird approach. She was overjoyed at the sight.

"What a shining phoenix!! Come over here!!" She gestured for the Elemental to come closer. "A friend of yours," she demanded, eying Gilgamesh.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:32:12 AM by Daiki »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2014, 04:35:20 AM »
"What a shining phoenix!! Come over here!!"

Feeling the excitement emanating from the child of Gaia made Phoenix happy. Quickly diving down it landed near her and his friend while dimming his light, being careful not to accidentally blind the Gaia child, returning the darkness of night.

However it felt the annoyance emanating from its friend, swinging its head from one to the other, trying to make heads or tails of this situation.

'Caw?' Honestly Phoenix has never been more confused as to the situation.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:45:25 AM by Knick »

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2014, 04:46:46 AM »
Henry - Shopping Complex X

"It could have been worse.  I'm Forest."

Truly it could have given the attacker's hostile nature. With the mask off, the personality took a surprising flip. Forest was not exactly a name he has ever heard anyone take on before, nor had he ever heard someone take on a noun as one's identity except for undercover.

"Impossible. You lack the natural elements to be a forest. Unless that is your name. It is a silly name. Why would you name yourself after a collection of trees? You are not a tree."

Henry had glanced right back at the reason why he was here. Him. The very source that emanated so much energy that it felt overwhelming to him even at this distance. What was this guy-- or thing? What is he? As he had just been left wondering about this unique existence, the youth had finally spoke with apprehension.

“Because” with her voice trembling she recited the pledge she took. “Magic is sin, magic is cruel, so we shall become the hunters all those who hold sin Dread. To be hope for those who have no sin, monsters will become those who hunt their old kind. We are those Hunters, forever hidden, and forever hungry to consume evil.”  With her body shaking in fear she raised her sword towards blocking out everything else but the evil in front of her and her mission, “I will not die here, if I do the evil will not be stopped.”

She remembered all her lessons, the things she was told and taught. The antimagic wave began to spark off her body, and with a voice both filled deep with conviction and fear she spoke once more, “I will not die, because I shall consume the evil.”

"Oh great, indoctrination from youth," Henry found himself groaning. Something he found himself regrettably familiar with when fleeing from various Sects in China. They were the most troublesome kind as they usually never gave up when setting up even a single goal.

Thankfully it looks like Forest would take up the role to educate her. With a loud bullet that made him flinch.

"Alright, first off, magic's like my gun here.  It's a tool.  A weapon that can be used for good or evil.  It's the wielders that are the problem, not the magic itself, but not all magic users are bad."

"You know," Henry finally had to butt in, "you could just use a less drastic exam--"

Thump!

Silently, Henry lunged down after the girl's motionless body. With a hand resting against the side of her neck, he waited to a split-moment to only feel a normal pulse throbbing.

"I wasn't expecting that to happen."

"What exactly did you expect then? What did you do?" he asked her with a curled up eyebrow. Curiosity flared up again to know what exactly this vampire just did. But at the same time, caution. Something just happened way past whatever he could even perceive.

"Killing you like this is not worth anything. Killing you is not worth anything."

Henry interjected after him as he finally hefted up the girl's body into his arms, "I certainly hope so, for her sake."

As he walked over to where a bench should be within the proximity, the doctor found himself almost dropping the body in surprise at the next question he heard leaving his target's lips.

"Where is this 'Wal-Mart' you spoke of?"

"Are you kidding me? You don't know what Wal-Mart is?" his incredulity asked the ignorant man as he finally set the armored girl onto the bench, "Alright. Wait a minute. Are any of you guys from here or are you like me who found themselves here just out of nowhere?"
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 07:56:27 AM by Salto »

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.