Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) The RP  (Read 176359 times)

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) The RP
« Reply #300 on: June 02, 2014, 07:32:08 AM »
While he could hear the continuous sound of anger ringing through his ears from above, Henry sighed as he continued to descend down the stairs. The doctor took the time to look around his surroundings before moving onto the next floor. Remembering the building itself was five floors high, he deduced this was the fourth floor.

It felt rather spartan judging by the number of bunk beds around. The kind one would see at a mundane summer camp with very simple metallic frames that would easily creak under most human weights. There was a small pile of bedding that had the misfortune to lack a frame. Perhaps a reserve if the population capacity here was over the limit.

Finally Henry returned to the very floor he dropped off his burdens. It had this odd homely smell of fresh sheets as he walked around to observe the inside environment. The numerous bedrooms attached to each other felt like the twisting of a maze if one walked through them enough. He drew a nearby chair towards the bed where the girl lay.

It creaked under his weight as he brought up his right leg to rest upon the left thigh at his ankle. The plastic threateningly creaked again as Henry leaned back as he continued to leisurely examine the armor.

"Japanese?" he muttered to himself as he scanned down over from top to bottom. It appeared fairly bulky on her person. And yet she was capable of moving at higher speeds than he could as of now. There was this "distortion" enveloping her very body, perhaps that's what the armor was for.

Henry glanced over at the sheathed blade he had just set aside earlier. With a curious hand, he grasped it and unsheathed with another as he started to stand up and walk away at a safe distance. The blade glistened together with under what moonlight could peak through into the room. Almost inviting him to continue looking at its seductive curvature.

"Everybody and their grandmother wants one these days."

There seemed to be a lack of the hamon so characteristic of many Japanese katanas. Yet it had the shape of one while also lacking the actual diamond-patterned handle of one, the tsuka. It had a fairly good weight as he swung to the side in a chiburi-like motion. The slash caused a sharp whistle after swinging.

""How many did she kill with this?" Henry grimaced in thought as he finally sheathed the blade back into its sheath before setting it aside.

It could've easily been in the high-end of double digits given her physical capabilities and the armor. How many of her were there? Swinging their blades to sink into magus flesh, callously judging them as pure evil to be purged. It felt sickening. Henry looked back at her still slumbering face, wondering what dreams she might be having.

A painful sensation entered his head, causing him to grasp it painfully as he groaned. The discomfort grew into agony as he felt his very brain being dug into by a foreign object. Slowly digging into his gray matter in a deliberate manner to cause even more pain. His knees buckled down to meet the floor as his hand propped him up, preventing his face from hitting the ground.

"Not again..."

"Still trying to be the Good Samaritan, I see," he heard a mocking voice greet him over his shoulder.

Henry slowly looked up to see a dark silhouette, the pain still excruciating. It was life-like in movement as it calmly walked around him. Weightless in gait as each step did not give off any creaking.

"You know no matter how hard you try, you are still a monster."

The doctor's grimace tightened harder, ""That's exactly why I'm doing this."

"Sure. But what good has it done for you after all these years?," the shadow drawled as it continued to circle around him, "Four hundred years of running and killing from the very people you tried to help."

""Not everyone."

"But they screamed at you to leave. You have nothing. You left it all behind when you turned and ate them. Then why are you still clinging onto this? By what right do you have to be such a hypocrite?"

""I don't care," he grit out through his teeth, ""Leave."

It snorted at his answer. Then it laughed, its guffawing filling the room as Henry continued to stare at its formless figure. It gestured towards the comatose assassin with a shadowy limb.

"I swear you must a masochist in denial," it continued with an amused chuckle, "You have such a nice meal right in front of you, and yet you want to continue that horrid liquid diet anyway."

""I said leave," Henry growled threateningly.

It shrugged as a smile formed on its face, "Fine, jeez. Don't get your panties all tied up. I was just trying to say hi."

The shadows dissipated, disappearing from his sight as the moonlight flashed towards its position. The plastic of the chair creaked heavily as he sat back down again. Henry palmed his face from visible view for a moment before folding his fingers in front of him while leaning over as if he were praying.

""What a fucking night," he mumbled to himself.

OOC: I assumed the blade Amelia had was the one in her FC picture.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 04:51:26 AM by Salto »

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 02, 2014, 01:55:16 PM »
Standing upright he looked at the statue with began to crack, before crumbling to dust. “There goes my new lawn ornament. Oh well, at least the kids won’t realize another attempt was made. That should make them feel a little bit safer."

"And leaving this statue in the church lawn is akin to hanging the decapitated remains of an attacker in the main entrance. That is, if I'm asked about my opinion regarding that matter." Rattus replied. He observed the banter between Yukina and Shiro, and saw how the he dodged the questions in a playful manner and whispered something to Yukina. This only confirmed that he was hiding things from the two of them. But whatever he told Yukina can be asked from her later.

Yukina, however, was deeply saddened by the suggestion to her about keeping secrets in this city. The way he said it sounded to her as if she needed to stop being open and start being suspicious against anyone else, including Rattus, which she treated as her own big brother. What bothered her more is what he said about something or someone watching them in this new city. The very thought of it makes her want to ask questions like why would they be watched or who could be watching. Still, Yukina just thought to herself instead that whatever the answers may be, they would come sooner and that she should pay not much mind about it. And the answers, for her, would only come if everything that Shiro said is true.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 02, 2014, 05:24:23 PM »
"Really? Sounds like quite a sweet deal the wish thing." Lawrence was careful with turning to the right, now starting to approach the scene where his door had been jettisoned into a vampire. Moving it into an alley or something for the time being so it didn't get wrecked and he could come back later for him would be for the best at the moment. He needed to find a place to stay soon. This place at night was giving him the chills. "And you can go ahead and call me Master if it's more comfortable for you."

"No, I don't think it's fair. I mean, I know your name so it's like equivalent exchange. " protested Mordred, insisting that it's not a problem for her "And if there are other Servants here too, they might learn you are my Master if I call you so..."

"Yeah, I'm no wizard. Not even close to one." Law scratched his nose as he pulled into an alley close to where Hakuman had burst out of his car. "I'm just some guy who got a lucky break really."

"No way, you don't have Magic Circuits?!" the Servant was really surprised. After all, it was a common knowledge all Masters are magi or possess Magic Circuits in order to keep their Servant in the world. How Law managed to materialize her without being a magus was a puzzle to her "Then how did you summon me, even if by accident?"

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 02, 2014, 05:41:55 PM »
"No, I don't think it's fair. I mean, I know your name so it's like equivalent exchange. " protested Mordred, insisting that it's not a problem for her "And if there are other Servants here too, they might learn you are my Master if I call you so..."
"No way, you don't have Magic Circuits?!" the Servant was really surprised. After all, it was a common knowledge all Masters are magi or possess Magic Circuits in order to keep their Servant in the world. How Law managed to materialize her without being a magus was a puzzle to her "Then how did you summon me, even if by accident?"

Lawrence shrugged, spotting the scene of carnage, and his missing door. Pulling up along side it, he got out of his vehicle, and took a look at it.

You can't fix a foot shaped dent in it can you.

'No, I can't. Fuck. We're going to have to raid a junkyard.'

The door had a size Fuck Huge footprint in it, along with being covered in blood from the splattered vampire. It wasn't worth salvaging. "Son of a bitch." Law got back into his car. "I'm not sure how I summoned you - what I was doing was supposed to seal a spirit up, not call you up. I mean, you're stronger than any I've seen before. And you look and act like a flesh and blood person; I bet you'd even bleed. And what are Magic Circuits? Magical electronics?"

"By the way, Mordred," Law said, shifting the Firebird back into drive. "I need to get you something that doesn't look like you just came from a Renn Fair."

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 02, 2014, 06:20:01 PM »
The door had a size Fuck Huge footprint in it, along with being covered in blood from the splattered vampire. It wasn't worth salvaging. "Son of a bitch." Law got back into his car. "I'm not sure how I summoned you - what I was doing was supposed to seal a spirit up, not call you up. I mean, you're stronger than any I've seen before. And you look and act like a flesh and blood person; I bet you'd even bleed. And what are Magic Circuits? Magical electronics?"

"By the way, Mordred," Law said, shifting the Firebird back into drive. "I need to get you something that doesn't look like you just came from a Renn Fair."

"Umm, Magic Circuits are something magi have to turn life force into prana to, you  know, do magic or something." Mordred tried to explain as best as she could "I'm not a magus, so I can't explain it in detail"

"You are right, the common folk of this era are not used to knights clad in armor. And I won't need to go into spirit form that way!" The girl was strangely enthusiastic about the latter. She probably was not interested only in battling other Servants.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:56:42 PM by Cool Kat »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 02, 2014, 06:55:23 PM »
"Umm, Magic Circuits are something magi have to turn life force into prana to, you  know, do magic or something." Mordred tried to explain as best as she could "I'm not a magus, so I can't explain it in detail"

"You are right, the common folk of this era are not used to knights clad in armor. And I won't need to go into spirit form that way!" The girl was strangely enthusiastic about the latter. She probably was not interested only in battling other Servants.

She's rather useless isn't she.

'Well, she's...'

I get that she's like some stray puppy you can't abandon but she is not some harmless little girl.

'I know. And aren't we the best equipped to keep her in line? She is a ghost after all.'

That's...

'You said I've lost my balls? Well fuck off man, this is my call - we're keeping her around. If what she's saying about a wish is true, we're looking at a once in a lifetime chance here.'

And if it isn't, we're supplying a powerful spirit with more energy for when it turns on us.
The Driver went silent after that.

"Let's get to shopping then. I'm pretty sure I passed a mall on my way here..." Law mumbled, turning towards the giant business complex, the Golden Rule's flagship shopping center. "I'll pay. So you're looking forward to seeing more of the city and the like? I mean, it's not like I can really go anywhere out of here at the moment, so poking around shouldn't hurt."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:57:54 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 02, 2014, 07:16:12 PM »
"Let's get to shopping then. I'm pretty sure I passed a mall on my way here..." Law mumbled, turning towards the giant business complex, the Golden Rule's flagship shopping center. "I'll pay. So you're looking forward to seeing more of the city and the like? I mean, it's not like I can really go anywhere out of here at the moment, so poking around shouldn't hurt."

Upon hearing Law's mention of paying for the future expenses, Mordred was suspiciously content about that, as if she was up for something "Ah, it feels so nice when the liege rewards his knight" Yeah, definitely suspicious. After all, she haven't done anything yet "Let's go! I will go around in spirit form for now, so the peasantry won't stare at me in surprise" That said, Mordred dematerialized, sticking around in ghost form that Law could still see.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 07:17:02 PM by Cool Kat »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 02, 2014, 08:04:27 PM »
"And leaving this statue in the church lawn is akin to hanging the decapitated remains of an attacker in the main entrance. That is, if I'm asked about my opinion regarding that matter." Rattus replied.

Shiro glanced at Rattus, wondering why he even said that. It seemed repetitive and pointless.

Yukina, however, was deeply saddened by the suggestion to her about keeping secrets in this city.
Seeing Yukina’s deflation made Shiro sigh. Better for her to know not everyone in this city is someone you can trust, in ways Shiro could even argue why some would find him untrustworthy. Does not mean he likes seeing people become depressed.

He walked back to the swing and stat down going back to focusing on keeping watch, “You two have anything else you need to ask me?”
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 08:05:02 PM by Knick »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 02, 2014, 09:31:35 PM »
Upon hearing Law's mention of paying for the future expenses, Mordred was suspiciously content about that, as if she was up for something "Ah, it feels so nice when the liege rewards his knight" Yeah, definitely suspicious. After all, she haven't done anything yet "Let's go! I will go around in spirit form for now, so the peasantry won't stare at me in surprise" That said, Mordred dematerialized, sticking around in ghost form that Law could still see.

She wants your money. She's obviously a gold digger's ghost masquerading as some kind of hero, then will stab you to death when we sleep.

'Is that your attempt at humor?'

Perhaps.

Law pulled into the shopping center's parking lot, hiding his car in a distant corner of the lot. He could see Morded, even in her spiritual form, nearly as clearly as he could see anyone else, but she shone in the moonlight like nothing else could. This effect faded a little as he entered the mall, the florescent lights casting a different look over the proceedings of his spiritual companion. Hastily, Law made for the dressing rooms, grabbing a T-Shirt and a pair of shorts for Mordred that he thought might fit her. She could wear those while they picked some other stuff out.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:32:27 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 02, 2014, 09:52:36 PM »
Law pulled into the shopping center's parking lot, hiding his car in a distant corner of the lot. He could see Morded, even in her spiritual form, nearly as clearly as he could see anyone else, but she shone in the moonlight like nothing else could. This effect faded a little as he entered the mall, the florescent lights casting a different look over the proceedings of his spiritual companion. Hastily, Law made for the dressing rooms, grabbing a T-Shirt and a pair of shorts for Mordred that he thought might fit her. She could wear those while they picked some other stuff out.

"Hmphh, I hope these are not cheapest garments you could find" Mordred grumbled as she emerged out of the dressing room, now materialized. Luckily, there were no people around at the moment to be puzzled as to how a young woman came out of nowhere despite nobody seeing someone like her entering this section of the mall. The T-shirt she wore was kind of baggy and one size too large for her, reaching a nice bit past her waist - around the hip level. "These 'shorts' are fine enough, but isn't this shirt too long?" she continued complaining, with a kind of grumpy expression on her face.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:57:53 PM by Cool Kat »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 03, 2014, 12:02:07 AM »
"Naturally. If I denied you this late, My cowardice would bring shame upon my father. Such a thing would be undesirable."

"Let us begin."

Considering Karna's extreme speed Grigori knew that she had to keep as far away from him as possible. With that thought in mind she launched herself even higher up and began her assault. She clapped her hands, and a dozen bolts of lightning fell from the sky, orbs of blue flame the size of a fully grown man were fired, gusts of wind strong enough to turn concrete to dust, and spikes of earth sharp enough to slice through steel fired themselves at Karna. Lighting from above, earth from below, wind from the left, and fire from the right. Unless he was immune to one of them there was no way for Karna to escape unscathed, but just to make sure Grigori reinforced the barrier around her with extra mana..

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 03, 2014, 12:06:53 AM »
Ash winced at Ellen's words and looked at Lycodrake and Enkidu.  She said, "She does need to feed soon before the bloodlust overtakes her."

She turned off the stupid phone and then pointed.  "See, okay, you go this way and you'll see this large tower that's obviously overcompensating for something.  Go to that tower and keep heading south west after that.  That should take you to Shawnee."

Then she looked at Ellen and said, "Come on now, before you drop."

"I know, I know. I'll either faint or go crazy from the hunger, I think" confirmed Ellen. She did not know where Ash planned to get the blood 'donor', so she opted to continue following her. After all, she knew the way.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 01:20:25 AM by Cool Kat »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 03, 2014, 12:19:32 AM »
"Hmphh, I hope these are not cheapest garments you could find" Mordred grumbled as she emerged out of the dressing room, now materialized. Luckily, there were no people around at the moment to be puzzled as to how a young woman came out of nowhere despite nobody seeing someone like her entering this section of the mall. The T-shirt she wore was kind of baggy and one size too large for her, reaching a nice bit past her waist - around the hip level. "These 'shorts' are fine enough, but isn't this shirt too long?" she continued complaining, with a kind of grumpy expression on her face.
"It'll work fine. It can double as sleepwear, if you prefer that." Lawrence turned around, heading back into the women's clothing section. "Pick a few things you like. We'll get something to eat afterwards."

Brahmastra

« Reply #313 on: June 03, 2014, 12:25:54 AM »
Karna didn't even flinch as the Magus called forth a gallery of elemental attacks forth to match him. Lightning bolts that would make Indra proud struck the ground he was standing on, only for him to have already vacated the soil the thunder hammered down upon before each strike with casual slights of his feet throwing him far away from each. Karna did not give even an indication of caring as fire that could melt concrete to ash collided uselessly with his ashen skin. No fire could ever burn the man born from the sun, and it fizzled upon contact, obeying the authority of the brilliant sun.

Faced still with the spikes of rock, homing in on his location despite his repeated leaps, his spear began to thrust, stab, cut and sever each and every projectile with it's massive head, dancing in his hands as he was only barely displaced by the hurricane winds. Soon an untold number of cloven rocks laid upon the concrete ground, as Karna stood unfazed by the winds that were reduced to but a mild breeze to him through of the power of his armor.

Seeing the Magus give no further indication of attacking, merely sitting in her barrier, Karna began his supersonic charge.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:19:03 PM by Brahmastra »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 03, 2014, 01:38:12 AM »
Grigori watched with interest as the fire and wind failed to harm Karna at all. Elemental resistances against both wind and fire were uncommon, but he seemed to completely resist fire while only reducing the damage the wind would cause. Then Karna began to charge her at a speed she could barely perceive. The time for games was over.

Grigori clenched her fist, and dozens of orbs made from pure mana appeared between her and Karna. Each was the size of a small car, and would explode with enough force to destroy a castle wall with ease. It also came with the bonus of homing in on the target. With a snap of her fingers the balls of mana launched themselves at Karna at extreme speeds.

Now it was time to change things up. Without a movement to give her away Grigori called upon the magic of the earth, and an enormous magical circle began to carve itself into the ground of the shopping district.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 02:47:26 AM by Umbra of Chaos »