Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) The RP  (Read 176518 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) The RP
« Reply #360 on: June 05, 2014, 03:49:57 AM »
"Being more ambitious won't harm you" Mordred snarked. "Speaking of sleep, I don't really need it to function, so I will switch to spirit form and just stand on guard." She was a spirit after all, so she did not function like flesh and blood beings.
"I'd honestly feel more comfortable if you didn't. I've had enough with spirits watching me while I sleep."

Was that directed at me

'No, at the other fucking ghost in my body'

Harsh, don't you think? I am no mere ghost, and I would think you knew that by now. Besides, I don't really watch you while you sleep.

'What about the strays in the mornings sometimes?'

They might. What makes her any different from them?

'That's exactly it. She is different, and treating her like any other ghost seems... wrong."

Don't get attached. She'll be gone in time. Once there is no 'grail war', she will go back deep into the Underworld. And hopefully, stay there.

That thought... was not a comfortable one for Law. He'd gotten flashes of the Underworld when he'd dumped the body of one of his killers in an Avernian Gate after opening it. It wasn't the... most lovely place. The Driver himself never talked about it. He sometimes mentioned 'the laws he broke' to come back and bring Law with him, but beyond that? Nothing. He was only more hesitant in discussing his own life, flashes and pieces of which Law sometimes dreamed about.
"Wait."

That single word was spoken with absolute authority. The weight of that word could be felt by every person within the area of the food court, and as the white giant slowly walked forwards, they stared in disbelief. Standing well over six feet tall, the massive warrior with bone-white armor was truly a sight that drew attention. What was stranger still, however, was what he was carrying. In one large hand he held an entire car door, colored a bright red, he walked towards Law.

Hakumen strode calmly towards law, his slow pace belaying the amount of ground due to his height. It seemed like he was ignoring the blonde girl at the side of Law, though an experienced fighter would note that the white giant had taken note of her and was measuring against her much more so than the Sin-Eater. Coming to a halt in front of Law, Hakumen looked down at the man, who was about a foot shorter than he was. Dropping the car door - which could be seen to have been bent back into shape after a powerful blow of some sort had ruined it - at Law's feet, Hakumen spoke solemnly.

"I believe this is yours."

The door clattered to the ground. Nearly as good as new. Law could probably smooth up the dents with a rubber mallet and some time. Silently, he held out the bag of clothes to Mordred and picked up the door. "...Thanks."

That's... excessive dedication to repaying you for a ride, don't you think? Do you think you could reconnect the door?

'Now? Yep. Looks like it's just going to need a new window put in and to be refastened in - bastard just popped it off, the hinges are still in the Firebird. Some bolts from an auto place or out of my trunk could do it.'

Law was in astonished awe at just how well Hakuman had bent the door back into shape. "...Hey, Hakuman, you still need a ride, right?"

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 05, 2014, 04:17:09 AM »
Forest blinked at the flash of red light as they were suddenly bathed in it.  Eddie screeched, a sound that was oddly beautiful and frightening all it once.  The vampiress felt it in her core and gritted her teeth against it as the Iron Bird Man landed behind her "visitor".

Even covered in the scents of cheese, tomato, and garlic, which was really making her itch, she smelled wolf.  It wasn't the wet fur and semen smell she was used to for the werewolves of her home dimension.  The fact that he was asking for her help was enough to make her pause.

She held up her hand to Eddie and shouted, "No, Eddie!  He need's my help, like you did.  It's okay, Eddie."  Then she walked past the super tall werewolf and to the steampunk chimera.  She reached out her hand to him with the hope that he'd back away.

In a voice she knew the werewolf would hear, she whispered, "Smile and hold up your hands, look as non-threatening as possible."
"You call him Eddie!?" Dan whispered out through teeth clenched into a rictus of a smile. His hands rose up displaying empty palms. "Could you please tell him to not try and rip me apart?" His heart beat faster and faster, the wolf gaining ground with each beat.

Songbird was about to turn the intruder into paste when Forest spoke up:

"No, Eddie!  He need's my help, like you did.  It's okay, Eddie."

Songbird immediately stopped mid-strike. Reeling his left arm back, he cocking his head to the left. Red eyes shifted to yellow as he hesitantly started to flap his wings, intending to go back to the roof.

Then there was a thud and a cloud of dust. Eyes shifted back to red as Songbird landed himself and readied himself in a combat stance yet. The White-Head came! He seemed rather amicable towards Forest before, but that doesn't mean he is a threat now.

Dan let loose the breath he'd been holding, coughing as dust entered his lungs when he inhaled once more. "So, as I was about to say. I need help, and you have a lot of pasta sauce in your hair. I can smell the garlic from here you know."

Then she spoke again.

Quote from: Forest

Then he showed up.  Henry and her impromptu rescuer with the white hair and the unnerving aura.  So that means he won, she thought as he approached.  She called out to him, "Is she dead?  Hopefully in little tiny pieces and they'll need a sponge to clean her up?"

It was only then that Dan noticed the arrival of this new white haired man. "Wait, who, what? Did you murder some poor waitress over spilling spaghetti in your hair?"

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 05, 2014, 04:27:06 AM »
 "And what the ever-loving name of Jesus Fucking Christ is THAT?"

Henry could hear the commotion happening from down below. It sounded like the buzzard was on the move again as he could hear it screeching loudly outside. There would be trouble indeed as he felt more dread boiling inside.

"One thing after another..."

As the doctor lifted himself from the chair, he looked back at the sleeping girl who was blissfully ignorant of everything happening around her.

"I won't be gone for long. Hang tight," Henry quietly spoke.

His feet shuffled off downstairs as he left her. He semi-ignored the layout of his new surroundings while passing through the second floor. But the smell of steel and the faint odor of gunpowder were all too familiar to him. Yet they were nothing of interest upon finally reaching the first floor where Forest is to be at.

""No, Eddie!" Forest's voice cried out for the great bird to desist, "He need's my help, like you did.  It's okay, Eddie."

As the claw was held back and the eyes now flashing yellow, Forest was now proving to become more and more of being "Eddie's" owner as it followed her very orders. It flew back up, presumably the roof.

Henry smiled at this development, "Looks like my worries are well unfounded. But seriously, Eddie?"

Then that guy arrived, out of nowhere, almost too quick for Henry's senses to register. It was surprising at how he was capable of such speed and not have ripped the suit yet.

"Is she dead?  Hopefully in little tiny pieces and they'll need a sponge to clean her up?" Forest inquired of the bleach-headed warrior.

"I wouldn't be surprised if she were," the doctor spoke as he walked closer to the group and then nodded down his head at the suited man, "I am Henry. By the way, um, I'm not sure if I have caught your name yet."

Then he looked towards at the other newcomer that had screamed out earlier, "The same with yours."

"And, no. The spaghetti was my fault."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 05:22:33 AM by Salto »

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 05, 2014, 04:51:06 AM »

Ash walked up to the burly, vampire bouncer who's eyes lit up at the sight of her.  He parted away, opening the door for her with a little smirk.  His eyes looked Ellen over as Ash ushered her into the club.

Ash looked at Ellen and whispered, "He's got a little cock."

Ellen was glad that she couldn't blush without conscious effort on her part. That comment of her sire was plainly lewd and vulgar. She refrained from commenting herself.

Mordred

"I'd honestly feel more comfortable if you didn't. I've had enough with spirits watching me while I sleep."

Was that directed at me

'No, at the other fucking ghost in my body'

Harsh, don't you think? I am no mere ghost, and I would think you knew that by now. Besides, I don't really watch you while you sleep.

'What about the strays in the mornings sometimes?'

They might. What makes her any different from them?

'That's exactly it. She is different, and treating her like any other ghost seems... wrong."

Don't get attached. She'll be gone in time. Once there is no 'grail war', she will go back deep into the Underworld. And hopefully, stay there.

That thought... was not a comfortable one for Law. He'd gotten flashes of the Underworld when he'd dumped the body of one of his killers in an Avernian Gate after opening it. It wasn't the... most lovely place. The Driver himself never talked about it. He sometimes mentioned 'the laws he broke' to come back and bring Law with him, but beyond that? Nothing. He was only more hesitant in discussing his own life, flashes and pieces of which Law sometimes dreamed about.

"Hmmm, are you stalked by them or what?" she commented "If that's so, it must really be creepy..."

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 05, 2014, 04:58:12 AM »
Phoenix head instantly moved to where the woman friend went.

Not to the cold, stay away from the cold. No, no, no, NO!

Friend has to stay away from the cold; they have to stay away from it. They cannot be touched by the cold, they must stay warm.

Phoenix spread its wings and took to the sky, hovering far above the cold. And once it reached its high, just below the cloud line, or where there should be clouds before phoenix made them vanish with its spirits, it released its power.

And so Phoenix’s flames burned, the air around it became dry; the earth began to crack from the lack of moisture, plants ignited in the extreme heat, and above it all, Phoenix hovered in the sky, releasing more and more mana, heat and flames, with no sign if it even tiring it in the slightest. Phoenix became a sun, but not one of warmth and light, but one of flame, heat and destruction.

Condensing the flames and tapping into its very life it turned white. Then from the core of the phoenix a ray was born. A ray of near unmatchable power, and unstoppable force of the sun’s fury, an attack that used Phoenix’s own light offensively. It could only use it for a moment before it started to feel pain, but even at its weakest, even at its shortest it would make all in the ray turn to nothing, burned away from existence itself.

Phoenix has to protect its friends, especially from something such as the cold. Get away cold, get away, get away, get away. The cold MUST VANISH.

Phoenix let loose a sound, a sound filled with power that put fear into all that are born of the earth, a sound that could be heard throughout the city. It was the sound of the sun-bird, it was the sound of their doom.

“SCRAAAAAAAW”

-----------------

The two then began to walk away from him, towards their car.

Shiro grabbed another beer from the cooler before waving, "Have a good night, and may the lord protect you."

He then continued his watch with his drink.

"Nice people, wish there where more like that around here."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 05:52:20 AM by Knick »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 05, 2014, 08:17:58 AM »
Uchiten

While speaking with Grigori, Uchiten's senses flared, warning him with blazing heat even as the air around them rapidly became even hotter. The atmosphere was burning, everything in the vicinity starting to boil, cooking over the light gathering above.

Uchiten had turned as soon as he noticed the gathering of power, his eyes staring into the blinding form of the phoenix of earlier. Normally, nothing like even gazing at the sun could have blinded him, but even from behind his shades, he was squinting, forcing himself to focus. The amount of energy that thing was gathering, the strength of what it was preparing to attack with, was so much it nearly overwhelmed his perception for all of an instant.

His face twisted into an ugly scowl. After already interrupting his fight, it would now seek to disturb his conversation? Interrupt it with such extreme prejudice? Uchiten had not yet been looking for a fight, but after being challenged like this, he would not allow it to pass. If it was going to so blantly challenge him with power, he would respond in kind. The scowl of his features twisted further, his open mouth slowly beginning to curve upwards.

With a wordless mental command, he ordered his shikigami, all three of which had become tense and fixed in place in response to the phoenix, to return to their immaterial forms. They did so without complaint.

And as the phoenix reached its apex of power, Uchiten's arm shot out, moving with trained skill in front of him. His middle and pointer fingers of one hand traced a wide pentagram of light in the air in the blink of an eye. It shimmered with increasing power as his hands then met and separated in front of his chest several times, in gestures that formed signs too quickly for their shape to be perceived. The pentagram began to spin on its center, growing bigger and brighter. Its protective power enhanced many times fold, it became a mighty barrier that would shield him and the sorceress from the incoming attack.

It wouldn't be enough. Uchiten knew this. And even as he knew this, his expression was disturbed into a wide grin, brows still furrowed.

The light of the phoenix became pure white.

Even quicker than before, almost desperate, the specter traced the kanji of Water in the middle of the pentagram. Arms stretched, his hands came together in a final sign that contained the symbol in a triangle, and his voice boomed.

"MUTUAL OVERCOMING, WATER DOUSES FIRE!!"

The barrier was covered in a typhoon of water and cold as the fire bird's ray of absolute destruction reached the earth.

There was a deafening, oddly imperceptible sound that accompanied the clash, which all but blinded him completely, as though the light was so powerful it was consuming sound as well. The barrier struggled, waned, and trembled, even as the onmyouji poured more strength and more spiritual power into it. Not even the conceptual advantage of the element of Water over Fire in the scheme of the Five Phases was able to prevail over the overwhelming brilliance of the attack.

The beam was being refracted by Uchiten's defenses even as it consumed them, extinguishing the layer of water that was serving to blunt such concentrated destruction, leaving not even steam behind. The heat pressed down on him and Grigori as everything around them cracked, shattered and burned down. Concrete melted and stone crumbled to ash. The powerful light vaporized what it touched, clearing the street of debris, of the deformed landscape, of the buildings, of the marks of civilization itself.

The pressure surpassed what could be sustained. Uchiten jumped back, throwing an rushed second defense over himself, and the first barrier fizzled, shook, and finally collapsed.

Before it ceased, the ray of overwhelming light engulfed the area completely in a large blast, aided by the released power of the barrier that contested it.

It was a short moment before all of that radiance died entirely. Ground zero was fuming, smoking at places, completely leveled by the phoenix's outburst of energy. But, right in the center, there was one rough area which had not been nearly as altered by the action of heat and light as the rest of the adjecent zone.

Uchiten rose from the ground there, shades cracked and missing one lens, suit and skin charred black on the left side of his body. The rest of him very much looked like he had gone for a walk inside a volcano.

The specter's gaze moved towards the sky, focusing intensely on the culprit.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 04:03:41 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Brahmastra

« Reply #366 on: June 05, 2014, 10:05:35 AM »
Then he showed up.  Henry and her's impromptu rescuer with the white hair and the unnerving aura.  So that means he won, she thought as he approached.  She called out to him, "Is she dead?  Hopefully in little tiny pieces and they'll need a sponge to clean her up?"

"She still lives, though she should be lacking a body below the midsection now. Unfortunately, due to the interference of the bird of fire flying around, I was unable to finish her off. She does not know of this place, however, so you should be safe."

It was only then that Dan noticed the arrival of this new white haired man. "Wait, who, what? Did you murder some poor waitress over spilling spaghetti in your hair?"

Karna merely stared at Dan oddly, the humorless Saint having no clue as to what the man before him was talking about.

Then there was a thud and a cloud of dust. Eyes shifted back to red as Songbird landed himself and readied himself in a combat stance yet. The White-Head came! He seemed rather amicable towards Forest before, but that doesn't mean he isn't a threat now.

Reaching out with a single, impossibly gentle dark hand, Karna walked forward and stroked the metallic bird on it's leathery shin.

"You did a fine job of protecting your mistress, O man in the machine. But do not worry, I am not here to hurt her or you. I come here as but a friend."

Karna tried his best to say what the peculiar creature wanted to hear, far preferring the idea of talking it down than having to pacify a creature with such a flawed mindset. But Karna could see the beauty in it's faithful protection, and for that reason he wanted to preserve it.

"I wouldn't be surprised if she were," the doctor spoke as he walked closer to the group and then nodded down his head at the suited man, "I am Henry. By the way, um, I'm not sure if I have caught your name yet."

"And, no. The spaghetti was my fault."

Letting go of the bird's leg, Karna introduced himself once again.

"I believe I already said my name was Karna, though you may have missed that due to your preoccupation with mending this creature. My name may ring hollow, however, if you are unfamiliar with the tale known as the Mahabharata."

"And why, exactly, is a kind of foodstuff someone's fault?" said the suited sun, unable to recognize humor.

Gabriel smirked at La Folia's question and said, "I might have a washroom to myself . . ."

"That sounds wonderful! Let's go at once" came from the princess, eager for a bath.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 10:56:52 PM by Brahmastra »

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 05, 2014, 01:37:03 PM »
Shiro grabbed another beer from the cooler before waving, "Have a good night, and may the lord protect you."

Rattus heard Shiro's bidding of farewell as he walked back to the car and glanced back a bit. As soon as he and Yukina occupied the vehicle, he immediately made its engines run and then accelerated.

Their travel back to their house was relatively long as they were not fully familiar with the layout and streets of the city, with the addition of the fairly congested traffic that the major roads had during that time. While driving, Yukina opted to ask the man behind the wheel. "Rattus-san, what do you think of Shiro-san?"

Still focused on the road, he answered "My first impressions of him is that he's suspicious of anybody and even is possibly living in fear right now."

"Why do you think so?" she asked some more.

"It's in the way he acts and answers, of course." He then shifted the transmission into its second speed. "Admittedly, he does not know every single detail Nexus City has right now and we just introduced ourselves to him tonight. But regarding the things he knew, he's not freely telling everything. But then again, we should consider his actions as an act of vigilance against any potential attackers. This is understandable due to his conditions as he is living in a church situated in a high-risk area with criminal and supernatural or paranormal activity, as exemplified by the frustrated break-in of a vampire while we questioned him. In addition to that, his church is a refuge or even an orphanage, so he sees protecting its inhabitants as a strong priority due to his allegiance to the Church."

"So are you saying that he is keeping a lot of secrets because he wants to protect the children in the church from scary creatures like vampires?" She summed up Rattus' wordy evaluation of the church-keeper.

"Yes but even then, he himself has some questions about how the city actually works." He acknowledged. "Please forgive me if I forgot to make it short for you."

"That is okay." She said and smilied, accepting the apology. "I know you are always like that, onii-chan."

He then kept driving some more, turning to the left before he asked another question. "And by the way, Schwesterchen. I saw that he whispered something to you when you asked about his abilities. What is it?"

"Um..." She was again deflated. "He said that there is something that is always watching me in this city, so I should keep things to myself as much as I could."

"He's possibly referring to the authorities of Nexus City, or something more." Rattus concluded. "But if it is true that there is always something watching everyone in here, then having too much secrecy is useless. Besides, if things like vampires exist in this city, there is a far greater possibility that a person or a creature who can watch everyone can also know everything that a person keeps, including his deepest and darkest secrets."

"D-does this mean this creature knows everything I have in mind?" She stuttered, feeling ashamed upon entertaining the thought of what Rattus said.

"It's possible that it could. But if that's true and yet, it isn't doing anything to everyone, then this observer either doesn't care at all despite of what it knows or even is doing it out of good faith and is observing us to keep everyone safe." He then turned the car to the right.

She then smiled and said, "I hope that it is keeping all of us safe."

"I hope so." He said. "But let us not assume too much."

After a few more minutes of driving, they finally arrived at the manor. Rattus finally parked the Kubelwagen in the garage and then they walked back to the living room, each of them carrying two paper bags of groceries which they then put down on the coffee table. They saw Neo sitting on the sofa and playing a fighting game on the PS3.

The blonde man saw that they finally arrived and greeted them with "Howdy, bitches. Did you finally get yourselves in a damn motel and fuck each other?"

"Neo-san, you know that it cannot be..." Yukina blushed profusely, while Rattus looked at him with a slight hint of disappointment in his face.

"Bah, who the fuck am I kiddin'?" He went back to playing his game. "You're menopausal, his dick got blasted with fucking mortar and you're both fucking prudes. So what's the chance?"

"Then why are you asking?" Rattus retorted.

"Because I'm hoping that you'll get pussy someday so you can stop having a stick up in your ass, Ratt." Neo snapped back. "I mean damn it, man. Yo' almost 250 years old and you're still a fucking cherry boy. I would have thought that you're a goddamn faggot, if it wasn't that you refused my offer to fuck you in the ass!"

"And until today, I can't believe that you offered doing that to me once. I'm terribly sorry, but I despise the thought that I have attracted the romantic affection of an unbelievably despicable personality." He said to him, in a slightly scornful tone.

"Oh, 'romantic affection', huh? Who the fuck do you think you are, you goddamn Nazi?!" Neo said distastefully. "It ain't that I want yo' ass but rather, I thought you wanted to get some dicking in there. I just wanted to help a goddamn faggot like me, until I realized you ain't one."

"Well, then I am making it clear now that I am not homosexual to any degree." Rattus proclaimed. "I'm also apathetic to any romantic or sexual matters. Do you understand that?"

"Yeah." The blonde man responded. At this point, he was already defeated by the computer in his versus game because his attention was on person talking to him. He then turned to Yukina. "Ain't that right, Jappy?"

"Y-yes..." She answered, with a hint of disappointment on her face.

"Ha ha!" He mocked her in a familiar tone, taking delight in her reaction. He then exited his game and turned off the console, saying "Okay, people. Since you two dipshits had your fucking time already in this city, it's my turn to get some poon to fuck and ass to kick. This city ain't awesome without Captain Candy Floss."

"Are you sure of that?" Rattus asked him. "Because you should better prepare yourself for this city."

"Yes, Neo-san. Somebody told us we should be careful in here." Yukina warned him.

"Yeah, they should be careful because I'm here now, motha'fuckah." He boasted.

Rattus then said, "Let me remind you that the person who warned us just turned a vampire sneaking past him into a statue while we were having a conversation. If I were you, I wouldn't underestimate the people in this city."

"I ain't." Neo began walking towards the manor's double door. As he grabbed his leather jacket from the coat and began wearing it, he said "So when I see some dumbass shit-for-brains trying to beef with me, I'm gonna give everything I have and fuck him in the ass six ways to fucking Sunday." He then dusted down the jacket he wore, before saying "Catch y'all later, assholes." while promptly going out of the house.

After they saw their companion leave, Rattus then turned to Yukina. "I guess this ends the day for me. I am feeling a slightly fatigued now and I have nothing to do anymore, so I would now go to sleep. How about you?"

"I think I would surf the Net for a few more hours, Rattus-san." she replied.

"Alright then." They then began to climb upstairs, right to their respective rooms.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 05, 2014, 11:03:17 PM »
"Hmmm, are you stalked by them or what?" she commented "If that's so, it must really be creepy..."
"Stalked is probably the best word." Lawrence said, starting to heft the door towards the exit. "It's not horrible honestly... most of the time.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 05, 2014, 11:31:22 PM »
"Stalked is probably the best word." Lawrence said, starting to heft the door towards the exit. "It's not horrible honestly... most of the time.

"Most of the time?" Law's answer piqued Mordred's curiosity "I see, there must be some particularly notorious one plaguing you. Eh, I can't do anything about it anyway, I cannot strike spirits that are not incarnated like me"

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 05, 2014, 11:31:30 PM »
Grigori narrowed her eyes as an immense amount of heat gathered behind her. She turned around to see the phoenix gather enormous amounts of energy and light without a bit of subtlety.

"If you're going to attack someone you should fast enough to hit them once you've announced your attack, or attack them without them noticing. you have failed to do either, elemental. "

With that said she launched herself several meters into the air. When the beam of light had finally faded Grigori floated down. Then she looked over to see Uchiten, but he looked as if he had walked straight into an inferno. His glasses were broken, his suit was ruined, and his skin was burnt, but he didn't seem very hurt.

"I'm impressed. Surviving an attack of that magnitude is an impressive feat."
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 01:40:30 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 05, 2014, 11:50:16 PM »

"Most of the time?" Law's answer piqued Mordred's curiosity "I see, there must be some particularly notorious one plaguing you. Eh, I can't do anything about it anyway, I cannot strike spirits that are not incarnated like me"

I don't like her.

'She really hit the nail on the head with that one didn't she.' Law had to suppress a smirk at the Driver's obvious irritation at Mordred.

Too close for comfort.

"Good to know that, Mordred."

Brahmastra

« Reply #372 on: June 05, 2014, 11:54:11 PM »
"I swear to fucking christ, why can't one find a decent murder victim around here?"

Terumi was bored. And he really HATES being bored. Throwing the garbage fedora of the overweight weeb he had just brutalized into the actual garbage, Terumi kept walking through the shopping mall, taking no indication of the looks of horror and screams of terror at his public actions. The kid had been hilarious beyond belief in his delusions until he actually tried to attack His Radiance, Terumi, at which point the not-really-Intellegence Officer had minced him faster than one could say "Get some cardio, fatass", chunks of sliced flesh staining the white floor of the mall.

His reaction? Realizing that thinking about the fatass' disgusting diet had made him pretty hungry.

As such, the green-haired male had walked into the food court, displaying a slight interest for the chain he found named "Kentucky Fried Chicken". Terumi, the snake that he was, could not quite help but feel his mouth water slightly at the prospect of some good chicken.

It was weird, however, that he felt his seith-mana (he still had to get used to the term) start dwindling when he came near the counter. No biggie, that had happened to a lesser extend around the city, no doubt someone was using the mana in the air for their own purposes.

Then it got outright weird when the drain became so bad that most of his combat functions slowed down, to the point where if he was caught out by an enemy here, he would be in deep shit.

And then his jaw slammed through the floor as he looked at the person working the front.

"MERCURY?! You little shit, what are you doing here?!" screamed Terumi in both sheer surprise and terror at the prospect of his powers fading completely again.

You just had to fucking be here, didn't you, you whorish nun?! Even in another fucking world, you ruin me at every turn. Fuck this shit.

He couldn't even stab her there and then due to his waning powers. Ouroboros was made useless here, and his physical abilities were reduced to that of a normal person of his physique instead of being able to bounce off of the walls at a speed exceeding sound.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 11:55:29 PM by Brahmastra »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 06, 2014, 12:00:21 AM »
"Good to know that, Mordred."

"As you mentioned once that you tried to seal a ghost, I'm sure you can do something about any magi trying to spy on us with spirits. Then, leave Servants to me when we meet them. Many of us has high magic resistance, so if you have useful powers in your sleeves they might not work on them. " Mordred explained. She seems to switched into more serious mode as she started talking about what they should do in case of a battle against other Masters and Servants "I will leave their Masters to you, then."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 06, 2014, 12:15:39 AM »
For the first  time in many years Paladin was alone. It was a sobering thought. When he was with his brothers he was never alone. The loss of their identities had bound them together. A sense of mutual loss helped them understand each other. However it was not important right now. Paladin looked over to see another one of the feral werewolves running across what was called No Man's Land. It could not be allowed to roam the streets. Another being who could not handle the Change. There was no hope for someone who was mastered by their primal instincts, but as a warrior of Stribog it was his duty to make sure this was not an innocent werewolf.

"Greetings traveler! I hope-"

He didn't even get the chance to finish before the beast lunged at him. Standing at ten feet tall it jumped at him aiming for the throat.It was expecting an easy kill. How could prey in such thick armor move fast enough to dodge it? Paladin's eyes hardened the moment the beast leaped at him, and he rolled under the beast. Then he turned around and slashed it across the back. The wound was far from fatal, but it did hurt the beast.

"For the glory of Stribog!"

With that said Paladin advanced upon the beast, and went on the offensive. He struck the beast's right arm only to be knocked back a strike from the left.

"What the hell?"

Then he could see his attacker. Another feral werewolf.

"Another one? Then I'll send you someone to keep you company in the Underworld! For Stribog!"

With that said Paladin began to fight both werewolves at once.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:21:05 AM by Umbra of Chaos »