Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) The RP  (Read 176350 times)

Brahmastra

Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) The RP
« Reply #600 on: June 12, 2014, 08:01:11 AM »
His left hand idly ruffling the child who thanked him's hair, Karna faced the woman with a dominating presence once more.

"However, according to your logic, M'lord, what the child is doing is effectively what you are accusing everyone here.  Is she, by taking the lives of others seeking their own path, actually worse than what you are accusing Forest and the strega here of doing?"  She idly gestured to Henry as almost an afterthought.  "At least they are not ending anyone's existence, which is far the worse crime than trying to convince someone of a more suitable way to pursue their goals."

"You would be correct. However, this is merely me arrogantly picking a side, something all living beings will have to do some day. I picked the side of the killer, the side that must accept death the moment they inflict it upon another. I cannot claim to be neutral, that would require me to be a hopeless man with no attachment to other humans; Something that would be end in beautiful tragedy, but could be barely be considered human. "

"But even if Amelia kills a great number of people, each of those, provided they lived a life of good actions, will one day be rewarded in their next."

"By choosing to let Amelia do as she wishes, I am in part responsible for everything she does. That shall then be my fate. Hate me if you want to, Forest, Henry, but I am merely doing what I see as right in the situation at hand."

With that, he was done. There was nothing more to say. Karna would selfishly choose the child who would murder those who practiced the arcane arts simply because she was currently in danger. He understood the hypocrisy of his actions, but he did not show it.

Amelia

Amelia looked around as the woman and the man began to leave. Both seemingly frustrated.

“Umm… can I go then? I need to go make graves.” She looked down almost in shame, “M-master said I shouldn’t mourn them, but… The purpose he left me was only to hunt, not to let them die without a farewell…”

She then heard a yell come from upstairs making her look at the ceiling, "What was that sound? Is someone hurt?"

Taking a hold of Amelia's shoulders and staring deep into her eyes, Karna responded to her question.

"Go now, Amelia, and make alms for your actions. Bury and honor those you have killed, and see if in your heart you can still not feel compassion for those you cut down. Look at their graves when you are done and ask yourself this; Is this dream even what I wanted?"

Then he responded to her second question, an almost comical reversal of order.

"As for the noise just now, it is merely the act of premarital copulation."
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 10:43:31 PM by Brahmastra »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 12, 2014, 11:31:54 AM »
"No no no no no." Law hastily got out. "You look great in them. I mean, you look great in anything and you look great just in general. You look nice, is all I'm saying. I like how they look on you."

You seem to want to find out what she looks like without them on, more than you like those clothes.

'...'

The laughter from the Driver flooded Law's mind as he continued to look for a motel, finally finding one that... spoke to him, in a more beat up location. The building itself looked old, but well maintained. Even better, he could sense an Avernian gate nearby.

"Hmph, at least have the cunning to praise me for something more important" Mordred retorted.

They eventually found a motel which looked old, but not too shabby.

"Why this place, Law?" she was curious why he picked the motel. Well, the girl could not complain about its state, but it gave off a weird vibe.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 12:05:27 PM by Cool Kat »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 12, 2014, 05:23:43 PM »
"Hmph, at least have the cunning to praise me for something more important" Mordred retorted.

They eventually found a motel which looked old, but not too shabby.

"Why this place, Law?" she was curious why he picked the motel. Well, the girl could not complain about its state, but it gave off a weird vibe.
"Because, it's probably got good solid locks on the doors, a free breakfast from some old lady who maintains it and will pinch your cheeks and call you dearie, and showers that actually work." Law pulled into the parking lot. His description however, was pretty much spot on. Cindy Lou was ecstatic to give him a room key, promised the breakfast would be excellent, and commented that for some reason people tended to avoid the place.

Yep, it was the perfect Haunt. Plus, who the hell in this day and age who charged 60 bucks a night, with those perks? The room itself was one bed, a bathroom, and a TV. No cable, but honestly he wasn't going to be spending too much time in it. Law dropped his bag of clothes and ghostbusting equipment on the bed.

"This is it. Home sweet home for a while."

Only one bed?

'Shut up, it's not like that.'

I bet you're hoping it's like that.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 12, 2014, 06:00:59 PM »
"Because, it's probably got good solid locks on the doors, a free breakfast from some old lady who maintains it and will pinch your cheeks and call you dearie, and showers that actually work." Law pulled into the parking lot. His description however, was pretty much spot on. Cindy Lou was ecstatic to give him a room key, promised the breakfast would be excellent, and commented that for some reason people tended to avoid the place.

Yep, it was the perfect Haunt. Plus, who the hell in this day and age who charged 60 bucks a night, with those perks? The room itself was one bed, a bathroom, and a TV. No cable, but honestly he wasn't going to be spending too much time in it. Law dropped his bag of clothes and ghostbusting equipment on the bed.

"This is it. Home sweet home for a while."

Only one bed?

'Shut up, it's not like that.'

I bet you're hoping it's like that.

Mordred measured the room with her eyes. Indeed, it was not most luxurious room, but not a bad one either. However, she noticed the lack of more than one bed. "I don't need a bed so I will just reverse into spirit form while guarding you, Law. We cannot afford that man or his friends approaching you again, they are suspicious people" she declared.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 12, 2014, 06:33:00 PM »
Mordred measured the room with her eyes. Indeed, it was not most luxurious room, but not a bad one either. However, she noticed the lack of more than one bed. "I don't need a bed so I will just reverse into spirit form while guarding you, Law. We cannot afford that man or his friends approaching you again, they are suspicious people" she declared.

"That's fine." Lawrence said, collapsing onto the bed, unzipping his bag of busting stuff. "Hopefully you can keep the god damn ghosts away from me. I want to sleep well for once."

And with her.

Out of the bag came a still unopened bottle of Jack Daniels. Law honestly preferred other hard liquor, or a cheap bottle of wine, but the dead liked strong stuff. Rum was usually their favorite, but good old whiskey burned in just the right way. Opening it, Law took a swig straight from the bottle, feeling it burn it's way down his throat. Proffering the bottle to Mordred, Law said "Want a drink? It's been a hell of a night."

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 12, 2014, 06:45:13 PM »
"That's fine." Lawrence said, collapsing onto the bed, unzipping his bag of busting stuff. "Hopefully you can keep the god damn ghosts away from me. I want to sleep well for once."

And with her.

Out of the bag came a still unopened bottle of Jack Daniels. Law honestly preferred other hard liquor, or a cheap bottle of wine, but the dead liked strong stuff. Rum was usually their favorite, but good old whiskey burned in just the right way. Opening it, Law took a swig straight from the bottle, feeling it burn it's way down his throat. Proffering the bottle to Mordred, Law said "Want a drink? It's been a hell of a night."

"Oh, is it a wine?" Mordred looked at the bottle with curiosity. She obviously was a little puzzled about the label, in her age people didn't label bottles. She took the bottle from Law's hand... and chugged down half of it like a wild beast.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 06:52:00 PM by Cool Kat »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 12, 2014, 06:53:21 PM »
"Oh, it is a wine?" Mordred looked at the bottle with curiosity. She obviously was a little puzzled about the label, in her age people didn't label bottles. She took the bottle from Law's hand... and chugged down half of it like a wild beast.

'Did she just...'

Of course. I think you might be getting lucky tonight, considering how small she is.

'Jesus Christ that was half a bottle!'

Law quickly snatched the bottle back. "It's whiskey, and it's... far far stronger than wine."  Law himself took another short swig from the bottle. "And it is about the best thing I've found to help a spirit feel alive. Rum is slightly better, but whiskey is close enough in how it draws out their memories."

It also drowns them. For both of us.

'I know. I know. Why do you think I like it? It shuts you up for a while.'
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 07:02:31 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 12, 2014, 07:05:53 PM »
'Did she just...'

Of course. I think you might be getting lucky tonight, considering how small she is.

'Jesus Christ that was half a bottle!'

Law quickly snatched the bottle back. "It's whiskey, and it's... far far stronger than wine."  Law himself took another short swig from the bottle. "And it is about the best thing I've found to help a spirit feel alive. Rum is slightly better, but whiskey is close enough in how it draws out their memories."

It also drowns them. For both of us.

'I know. I know. Why do you think I like it? It shuts you up for a while."

"Oi, Law, what's whiskey or rum? Never heard of it. But surely it's better than that watered down stuff they served at my father's court. You know, my brother Gawain had to drink LOT of it to even get wasted" Mordred started loosening up, it seemed. She did not frown at all and she looked more relaxed, even started talking about her family. It was a subtle change, but a noticeable one.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 07:10:23 PM by Cool Kat »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 12, 2014, 07:18:58 PM »
"Oi, Law, what's whiskey or rum? Never heard of it. But surely it's better than that watered down stuff they served at my father's court. You know, my brother Gawain had to drink LOT of it to even get wasted" Mordred started loosening up, it seemed. She did not frown at all and she looked more relaxed, even started talking about her family. It was a subtle change, but a noticeable one.
"...Really." Law took another swig himself. The alcohol was loosening his tongue a little bit as well, though not much. "I'm surprised I can even get wasted anymore. Plus, right, that shit about you being the actual Mordred, is that true? Like, Round Table and all that jazz?"

She is a Servant though, the one creepy mage did confirm that for us.

'He was good for one thing at least then.'

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 12, 2014, 07:37:29 PM »
"...Really." Law took another swig himself. The alcohol was loosening his tongue a little bit as well, though not much. "I'm surprised I can even get wasted anymore. Plus, right, that shit about you being the actual Mordred, is that true? Like, Round Table and all that jazz?"

"Yeah, I was one of them, along with Gawain and my other half-brothers, though he and I were more famous, I guess. He would be hard to deal with if summoned as a Servant, only things he was good at were killing people and chasing women, with emphasis on the former. People were skeptic about him being the heir" Mordred paused, as she obviously brought up something uncomfortable about the past "But you know, I did not envy him even though I wanted to be the king myself. I liked him and my other brothers."
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 07:50:27 PM by Cool Kat »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 12, 2014, 07:54:32 PM »
"Yeah, I was one of them, along with Gawain and my other half-brothers, though he and I were more famous, I guess. He would be hard to deal with if summoned as a Servant, only things he was good at were killing people and chasing women, with emphasis of the former. People were skeptic about him being the heir" Mordred paused, as she obviously brought up something uncomfortable about the past "But you know, I did not envy him even though I wanted to be the king myself. I liked him and my other brothers."
"Sounds like quite the family and all that. Well... I don't really have much in the way of family stories to tell. Nothing really fun like brothers who were knights or anything like that." Law didn't take a drink at this time, instead tapping the neck of the bottle. "I mean, closest I've got to a fun story about people is the time I got kinda killed by some gang members."

You're really telling her about this?

'I don't see the harm in it. She's a ghost thing too.'

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 12, 2014, 08:02:29 PM »
"Sounds like quite the family and all that. Well... I don't really have much in the way of family stories to tell. Nothing really fun like brothers who were knights or anything like that." Law didn't take a drink at this time, instead tapping the neck of the bottle. "I mean, closest I've got to a fun story about people is the time I got kinda killed by some gang members."

"You don't mean you died?" Mordred was quite surprised "People should die when they are killed, you aren't a ghost!"

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 12, 2014, 08:16:31 PM »
"You don't mean you died?" Mordred was quite surprised "People should die when they are killed, you aren't a ghost!"
"Hey, I didn't say I died. I mean, I kinda did, but I didn't, at the same time. It's..." Law made a sort of funky hand shaking gesture. "It's hard to explain really."

Not at all. I came into the picture.

'I know, shush, storytelling time here.'

"I mean, I got shot. A lot. I think... 16 times? It's not a cakewalk, it hurts like hell. I was lucky only a couple got stuck in me, most ended up going wham-" Law smacked his fist into his palm, "Right through my body. Lucky for me, doctors only had to pull a few out my chest. It's not exactly the most pleasant thing, though I have some wicked scars from it."

"But yeah. I died. Sort of. But I came back. Sort of. Someone gave me a deal and I took it because like hell was I dying bleeding out in a car. I'm not sure if I actually died, or I didn't, honestly."

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 12, 2014, 08:31:58 PM »
"Hey, I didn't say I died. I mean, I kinda did, but I didn't, at the same time. It's..." Law made a sort of funky hand shaking gesture. "It's hard to explain really."

Not at all. I came into the picture.

'I know, shush, storytelling time here.'

"I mean, I got shot. A lot. I think... 16 times? It's not a cakewalk, it hurts like hell. I was lucky only a couple got stuck in me, most ended up going wham-" Law smacked his fist into his palm, "Right through my body. Lucky for me, doctors only had to pull a few out my chest. It's not exactly the most pleasant thing, though I have some wicked scars from it."

"But yeah. I died. Sort of. But I came back. Sort of. Someone gave me a deal and I took it because like hell was I dying bleeding out in a car. I'm not sure if I actually died, or I didn't, honestly."

"But you are not a revenant" Mordred giggled, the alcohol starting to take its toll on her "You smell of booze, not rot, so you didn't die for sure."

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 12, 2014, 08:35:34 PM »
"But you are not a revenant" Mordred giggled, the alcohol starting to take its toll on her "You smell of booze, not rot, so you didn't die for sure."
"You smell like booze too. A lot of it. I just smell. I need a shower." Law grinned. "Though yeah, I didn't die. But I did. Strange isn't it? Kinda creepy too, because now there's this asshole tagging along with me."

I resent that. I AM you, and you are me.

'We're the same but separate in several ways. You know that.'

Yet we are also one.