Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) The RP  (Read 176159 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) The RP
« Reply #750 on: June 23, 2014, 02:41:04 AM »
Forest smiled and said, "Thank you.  Just, you know, get some rest first. I don't want to give the girl a mismashed potion, and just let me know what you need and how much."

She saw Wynn sipping absinthe and Karna still here.  Probably going to be even more of a douche, she thought to herself as she moved to grab a tangerine from the fruit bowl at the center of the table.

Wynn frowned at her and said, "You look a fright.  Have you even fed recently? You also look as if you are moping once again.  Gabriel and I worry about you, you know."

Then the Faerie eyed Dan and asked, "What is it doing here?  Kyle was bad enough, but another mutt to harbor?"

"I'm sorry," Forest said with a sad smile towards Dan, "She's a bit of a git."  Then she turned to Wynn and said, "He needed my help so he didn't go out and eat a bunch of people.  He's not like one of our werewolves so don't be an arse towards him."
Dan opened the fridge one handed, rummaging through it for sandwich meat. Really the comment didn't bother him, mainly because he flipped the Fairie off while opening it.

"You can probably tell that last part already by the fact that I'm not trying to hump your leg." Roast beef, some american cheese, a bit of salami, and some lettuce were thrown onto the counter, before the fridge was closed again. Dan set the bird down on the counter, giving it another little headpat. He then immiediately started raiding the cupboards for any sort of bread he could find.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 23, 2014, 03:04:57 AM »
Almost as if on cue, the sun rose as I slapped close one of my notebook. Newly labeled "Paladins and their gods," the book was already seventeen pages of lore on the Paladin's order and god, yet by the sound of it I was only getting started.

One's culture, beliefs and military-esque organization couldn't be so easily summed up, after all, but it was enough for now. As the sun rose twice for us, its reflection on the water adding to its gross incandescence, so did a time of opportunity.

In the bridge's shelter, surrounded by patchy grass, graffiti and trash, our day had started, both of us explorers in an unfamiliar city.

As I finished writing those well thought-over lines in my travel journal, I turned to see the Paladin, sitting on the side of the carriage, probably having just woken up himself.

"So, what do you reckon we ought to do first?" I ask as nonchalantly as I could. No matter what we did there'd be something to study, anyway. Might as well let him in on the deciding.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 23, 2014, 04:07:45 AM »
Paladin felt a little out of breath for the first time. Having the chance to explain so much to a stranger was a novel experience. Interacting with other people who weren't fellow paladins was rare, and the conversations didn't normally last that long either.

"So, what do you reckon we ought to do first?" I ask as nonchalantly as I could. No matter what we did there'd be something to study, anyway. Might as well let him in on the deciding.

"Hmm. We could-"

Paladin was cut off by a large pamphlet that struck him in the face. It was for a nearby zoo that had recently acquired a group of penguins. Paladin removed it from his face and began to read.

"These 'penguins' will make a magnificent sacrifice to Stribog! They live in cold environments, and that makes them an offering that Stribog would favor over common animals. We should definitely head there first."

Paladin flipped the pamphlet over to see a map of area around the zoo.

"We're very close. It should take us less then a few minutes if we hurry. Let us be on our way, Archive Hunter!"

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 23, 2014, 04:57:42 AM »
"If you don't want me waving it in your face then you can just not look. Don't get pissy about mine just because your dick is made of ants or something." Law said, reaching down on the floor for something to cover himself. His surplus jacket would have to do, as he gently slid an arm out from under the still sleeping Mordred. "And if you try and double cross me, I swear to god I will find you and end you."

Zolgen

Zolgen frowned at Law’s immature statement. “Trust me, you can try. I doubt you can comb the entirety of the city to find my workshop without dying in the process. Even with a servant.”

He reached his hand into his chest, the insects moving around his hand, before he pulled out a scroll. He unraveled it before showing it to Law.

Quote from: Contract
The contracted parties must apply to the conditions describe below upon signing. Failure to comply will result in irreversible damage to the soul, leading to fragmentation and deterioration.

Contracted party one must adhere to the following condition: They must disclose any information pertaining to the continued manifestation of the servant and if necessary supply materials necessary for the usage of such methods. Should a method prove ineffective they must supply another. In addition they must answer any questions pertaining to a servant’s nature, such as their capabilities, including the nature of skills, parameters, Noble Phantasms, the servant’s class and so on. 

Contracted party two must adhere to the following condition: They must comply with any requests of contracted party one involving the determination of their spiritual nature and the summoning of the servant tied to them. These requests cannot cause lasting harm to party two; however temporary discomfort or pain is acceptable as they accompany most usage of magecraft in a human body.

Both contracted parties must adhere to the following condition: Both parties must not directly preform actions that which cause the intended harm or death of the other party, this does not relate to slight pain or discomfort caused by tests as described in the conditions for party two. This includes harm caused by contracted servants, in this case, even if the servant acts of their own accord, the contracted master must utilize their command seals to give the servant the orders, “Kill yourself” or “Commit Suicide”. Should such an action occur damage to the soul will not take place, so long as as the command is given to the servant.

This contract’s effect is persistent after death due to it being tied to the user’s soul. As such even should the user die if the contract is broken the damage will still occur. In addition, even if a false name is placed the contract will still activate, as it is the act of signing which activates the contract.

Party One: Zolgen Makiri                                              Party Two: ______________

“Read to your heart’s content if you have any concerns you are free to raise them.”

-------------------------------------

Amy

Amy watched as Lancer moved ahead of them towards the new group in front of them. It consisted of two girls and a boy all around her age from the looks of it. None of their dreams were interesting enough, generally along the lines of ‘become a powerful magus,’ or ‘earn respect’. Hollow dreams really, nothing Amy could use to make new children.

Proxy sat up and examined the new group, ready to use his magecraft if needed as he felt the prana within all three.

Amy leaned down and whispered into Fiore’s ear after noticing that the new group got her attention as well, “Do you want to talk with them? I can always take you to a hotel if you don’t want to.”

Tokiomi

Tokiomi watched as the blue haired man approached them, addressing Rin.

He frowned a bit; this man had a dangerous air around him. However Rin seemed to know him in some degree. For now he should simply observe.

Phoenix

Phoenix’s awareness flicked back on as it felt itself be placed onto the table. Looking around it noticed the sun friend was still here. However there was another, it felt like a spirit of Gaia and not a human. But it felt… different from how it should as a fae.

Well, it does not matter to Phoenix, it was simply another friend. So it hopped on the table till it was in front of her. It looked up and chirped happily. Hopping to play with the new friend.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 04:58:48 AM by Knick »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 23, 2014, 05:46:21 AM »
"If you don't want me waving it in your face then you can just not look. Don't get pissy about mine just because your dick is made of ants or something." Law said, reaching down on the floor for something to cover himself. His surplus jacket would have to do, as he gently slid an arm out from under the still sleeping Mordred. "And if you try and double cross me, I swear to god I will find you and end you."

Zolgen

Zolgen frowned at Law’s immature statement. “Trust me, you can try. I doubt you can comb the entirety of the city to find my workshop without dying in the process. Even with a servant.”

He reached his hand into his chest, the insects moving around his hand, before he pulled out a scroll. He unraveled it before showing it to Law.

Quote from: Contract
The contracted parties must apply to the conditions describe below upon signing. Failure to comply will result in irreversible damage to the soul, leading to fragmentation and deterioration.

Contracted party one must adhere to the following condition: They must disclose any information pertaining to the continued manifestation of the servant and if necessary supply materials necessary for the usage of such methods. Should a method prove ineffective they must supply another. In addition they must answer any questions pertaining to a servant’s nature, such as their capabilities, including the nature of skills, parameters, Noble Phantasms, the servant’s class and so on. 

Contracted party two must adhere to the following condition: They must comply with any requests of contracted party one involving the determination of their spiritual nature and the summoning of the servant tied to them. These requests cannot cause lasting harm to party two; however temporary discomfort or pain is acceptable as they accompany most usage of magecraft in a human body.

Both contracted parties must adhere to the following condition: Both parties must not directly preform actions that which cause the intended harm or death of the other party, this does not relate to slight pain or discomfort caused by tests as described in the conditions for party two. This includes harm caused by contracted servants, in this case, even if the servant acts of their own accord, the contracted master must utilize their command seals to give the servant the orders, “Kill yourself” or “Commit Suicide”. Should such an action occur damage to the soul will not take place, so long as as the command is given to the servant.

This contract’s effect is persistent after death due to it being tied to the user’s soul. As such even should the user die if the contract is broken the damage will still occur. In addition, even if a false name is placed the contract will still activate, as it is the act of signing which activates the contract.

Party One: Zolgen Makiri                                              Party Two: ______________

“Read to your heart’s content if you have any concerns you are free to raise them.”

I don't trust him even with this. Even past death? I think he already knows what we are.

'He could just be trying to kill our ghost... but it's suspicious as hell. And he doesn't specify what that damage is either.'

But for her, you'll sign it won't you? To figure out what she needs to move on in peace.

'I-'

Don't think with your dick. I've got a share in it as well, and keeping the pair of us alive supersedes all other things.

'Christ, I know. This isn't an easy choice.'

But you want her around don't you? And not just because you feel guilty about fucking her brains out while she was drunk. Because you want to do that again.

'No, it's not that. Well. Maybe. Partly. I mean, it's been a while, and-'

You are thinking with your dick. Again.

'There's also the Holy Grail.'

The Driver was silent for a bit after that factor was mentioned. It's real. This wizard might not be trustworthy, but both him and this spirit -

'Mordred.'

-Fine, Mordred, claiming the same basic story can't be a coincidence. If it does in fact grant wishes, we need it.

'To wish for what?'

I don't care what you wish for. I just know what I want. Sign the contract. If he thinks he can hide from us he's got another thing coming. The restless dead see all and speak of much.

Law finally spoke. "There's nothing about indirectly causing harm here, intentionally. This leaves a nice gap for you to ditch me. Hiring some asshole with a shotgun to kill me for example. Otherwise, it looks alright, but I'm wondering more about these experiments."
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 05:49:18 AM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 23, 2014, 08:44:29 AM »
Rin and Mille
[...] She had many things she wanted to ask him, but now they just seemed to slip away into the ether. She began to wrack her brain for where to even start when she saw a very familiar looking man.

L-Lancer?! What's he doing here?
The voice, the blue hair, the muscular yet somewhat lanky frame... maybe she was wrong, but it was worth checking out anyway. Plus it was a convenient excuse to focus on something other than her father for a bit.

"I'm afraid the questions will have to wait. For now... something relevant to investigating just how much this place takes in from other dimensions has just cropped up."

Mille raised an eyebrow. "Someone you recognize?"

Rin looked over at her. "You could say that." She turned back towards where Lancer and his group were conversing. "Be ready for anything. He doesn't appear to be hostile right now, but it's possible he could turn that way."

Mille nodded. "I will. I wouldn't be worthy of being considered a magus if I didn't." She didn't know if she really and truly respected Rin yet, but... Well, she couldn't deny common sense. Plus Rin had been correct on more occasions than Mille had ever thought to give her credit for. Maybe the Tohsaka heir was more deserving of the respect she got than Mille had first thought?

Rin took a deep breath, while trying to make it look as normal as possible. She didn't quite succeed. "Let's go."

Lancer turned to see the others approaching and a smile spread across his face as he saw the set of twin tails he just died for coming his way.  Without a word, he ran over to Rin, noting that she was a little different than the spoils he had died to save.  She's older, a wolfish part of his brain pointed out with glee.

He smirked and said, "So, where's your overprotective hero, Lass?"

Amy

Amy watched as Lancer moved ahead of them towards the new group in front of them. It consisted of two girls and a boy all around her age from the looks of it. None of their dreams were interesting enough, generally along the lines of ‘become a powerful magus,’ or ‘earn respect’. Hollow dreams really, nothing Amy could use to make new children.

Proxy sat up and examined the new group, ready to use his magecraft if needed as he felt the prana within all three.

Amy leaned down and whispered into Fiore’s ear after noticing that the new group got her attention as well, “Do you want to talk with them? I can always take you to a hotel if you don’t want to.”

Tokiomi

Tokiomi watched as the blue haired man approached them, addressing Rin.

He frowned a bit; this man had a dangerous air around him. However Rin seemed to know him in some degree. For now he should simply observe.

"Okay, did the fuckin' cavalry just arrive? They're a little too damn late!" Neo commented loudly, when he saw a trio of people come in their direction, a black-haired man wearing something that reminded him of Rattus' usual business attire but in red; A black-haired girl in high pigtails wearing a maroon sweater, a short black shirt, black thigh-high socks and brown shoes; And a pink-haired girl in lower twintails wearing a dress. He did notice that Lancer instantly recognized them or, at least the black-haired girl, as he talked to her and greeted her with a question.

He then saw Amy whispering something to Fiore, which prompted him to get closer to them. "What ya' bitches talking about now, huh?" He said, in more subdued voice but still in his normally obnoxious manner.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 08:45:18 AM by Ivan The Mouse »

Brahmastra

« Reply #756 on: June 23, 2014, 10:26:19 AM »
Dan opened the fridge one handed, rummaging through it for sandwich meat. Really the comment didn't bother him, mainly because he flipped the Fairie off while opening it.

"You can probably tell that last part already by the fact that I'm not trying to hump your leg." Roast beef, some american cheese, a bit of salami, and some lettuce were thrown onto the counter, before the fridge was closed again. Dan set the bird down on the counter, giving it another little headpat. He then immiediately started raiding the cupboards for any sort of bread he could find.

Karna acknowledged the man with the inner beast with a single stare as he rummaged the kitchen like a robber.

"Wild dog, it is an insult to the chef to not eat when food is presented to you, much less eat something else entirely. There is food on the table, or is it not enough for you? My pride as a cook has been destroyed after only my first meal."

Amy

Measuring her options, Fiore replied to her female companion.

"Well, they don't seem like mean people, and I need to ask if they've seen Caules, but after we're done we should find a room for the night. I'm not exactly poor, so if you wish, you could stay with me."

He then saw Amy whispering something to Fiore, which prompted him to get closer to them. "What ya' bitches talking about now, huh?" He said, in more subdued voice but still in his normally obnoxious manner.

"N-nothing in particular, Neo, just our plans of approach and what we will do after we're done here."

Truth be left untold, Fiore couldn't claim to be entirely excited at the prospect of Neo coming with her and Amy, but she'd rather not say so aloud.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 23, 2014, 06:14:10 PM »
Law finally spoke. "There's nothing about indirectly causing harm here, intentionally. This leaves a nice gap for you to ditch me. Hiring some asshole with a shotgun to kill me for example. Otherwise, it looks alright, but I'm wondering more about these experiments."

Zolgen

Zolgen chuckled lightly, “No child, to task someone with disposing of the other party is a violation. Indirectly causing harm is when your actions are not intentionally done to cause harm, such as accidentally causing an explosion that the other is caught in by chance” Zolgen explained, “The contract recognizes intent as the differentiation between direct and indirect.”

He then looked at the sleeping Mordred, “I added that to prevent you from simply tasking your servant to kill me, it would be an inconvenience as well as a waste of resources on both our parts. A magus does not live for over 600 years without developing ways to protect themselves after all.” He laughed, "I would be rather impressed if you could actually find me."

“And as for the tests, well, it is simple examination using magecraft. However prana causes pain due to it not being a natural substance in the body, so it rejects it. That is all there is to it.” Zolgen paused before continuing, “However they require set up time in order to gather the amount of information I desire.”

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 23, 2014, 07:26:40 PM »
\

Zolgen

Zolgen chuckled lightly, “No child, to task someone with disposing of the other party is a violation. Indirectly causing harm is when your actions are not intentionally done to cause harm, such as accidentally causing an explosion that the other is caught in by chance” Zolgen explained, “The contract recognizes intent as the differentiation between direct and indirect.”

He then looked at the sleeping Mordred, “I added that to prevent you from simply tasking your servant to kill me, it would be an inconvenience as well as a waste of resources on both our parts. A magus does not live for over 600 years without developing ways to protect themselves after all.” He laughed, "I would be rather impressed if you could actually find me."

“And as for the tests, well, it is simple examination using magecraft. However prana causes pain due to it not being a natural substance in the body, so it rejects it. That is all there is to it.” Zolgen paused before continuing, “However they require set up time in order to gather the amount of information I desire.”

Lawrence

We can take pain.

"How long do these experiments last?" Law said, fishing a pen out of his jacket pocket. "Just, in general I mean. I don't want to be strapped down to a chair for a week."
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 07:27:15 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 23, 2014, 07:42:00 PM »
Lawrence

We can take pain.

"How long do these experiments last?" Law said, fishing a pen out of his jacket pocket. "Just, in general I mean. I don't want to be strapped down to a chair for a week."

Zolgen

"They can range from minutes to hours, depending on what I am examining." Zolgen watched as he searched his pockets for something. "You have to sign it with your blood by the way."

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 23, 2014, 07:54:55 PM »
Lawrence

We can take pain.

Zolgen

"They can range from minutes to hours, depending on what I am examining." Zolgen watched as he searched his pockets for something. "You have to sign it with your blood by the way."

"That's pretty creepy." Law shrugged a little bit. Signing in blood wasn't going to be a dealbreaker for this. "Got a pin or something so I can prick my finger?"

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 23, 2014, 08:13:43 PM »
"That's pretty creepy." Law shrugged a little bit. Signing in blood wasn't going to be a dealbreaker for this. "Got a pin or something so I can prick my finger?"

Zolgen sighed, “Here, use this.” He handed Law something that looked like a cactus needle, a modified stinger of one of his insects. "It only needs blood because you are not a magus, so it needs to forge a connect through something."

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 23, 2014, 08:30:11 PM »

The street was desert. No sign of life in spite of the seemingly movements that he could detect beyond the walls. It didn't appear that someone were prying on them at least. The eerie silence made him feel uneasy. And he wasn't the only to feel that way apparently.

Enkidu took a moment to examine what caused such a change in the dragon. Most of the street lamps were buzzing feebly with a fading light. Enough to allow sight but not nearly sufficient to show the victim's faces. People, a large amount of them, offered as sacrifices for who knows what purpose, were exposed to everyone's view running as far as down the cross road up ahead. Blood, among a mix of body substances, spread in all direction.

He approached one of the poor souls to have been claimed recently. It was a little being, barely reaching a decade of age. Most of the visage had disappeared after the stake, which maintained the body standing in a strange parody of puppetry, had pierced through the unfortunate's skull.

They hadn't been killed to feed upon. Enkidu could only speculate that they had been selected as sacrifices for a ritual of sort. If it was indeed true, for better or worse, they had fulfilled the goal imposed on them. They didn't deserve to become prey for those who would revel in act of barbary. A burial would take too long but, at the very least, a pyre would be something he could do without having to desecrate the dead any further.

With a silent apology, the man made of clay dislodged the offending weapon from the child, staining his clean outfit with fresh gore in the process. With a look of pity, Enkidu tossed the stake aside and allowed the dead to lie on the ground. No words were pronounced as he moved to the next one.

----

Kyle offered Ash a wave with a smirk.

"I'll only move if you make it a sexy moan."

With a short push on the fledgling's back, he spoke.

"You heard the lady, let's go." He eyed the owner of the place. "Given how people have been turned into an unappetizing puddle of smelly pulp, I suppose you won't mind."

He got a grab on a set of keys left on what was left of the counter and walked out. A quick search and he found the car matching the key, a flashy green and orange Austin Seven. He grimaced but didn't have it in him to go back in there and fumble in the bits of human flesh and ashes.

"Guess that will do," he said in an aside to Ellen. He sit behind the wheel and frowned when the leather seat emitted a weird complaint. An instant later, the engine was vibrating loudly. The werewolf gave the vampire an impatient look.

"What are you waiting for? Hop in."

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 23, 2014, 09:20:18 PM »
OOC: I made post in case something happened to you and couldn't post (like in poor Names' case), but I guess we will continue and ignore that.
Kyle offered Ash a wave with a smirk.

"I'll only move if you make it a sexy moan."

With a short push on the fledgling's back, he spoke.

"You heard the lady, let's go." He eyed the owner of the place. "Given how people have been turned into an unappetizing puddle of smelly pulp, I suppose you won't mind."

He got a grab on a set of keys left on what was left of the counter and walked out. A quick search and he found the car matching the key, a flashy green and orange Austin Seven. He grimaced but didn't have it in him to go back in there and fumble in the bits of human flesh and ashes.

"Guess that will do," he said in an aside to Ellen. He sit behind the wheel and frowned when the leather seat emitted a weird complaint. An instant later, the engine was vibrating loudly. The werewolf gave the vampire an impatient look.

"What are you waiting for? Hop in."

"Okay, okay" Ellen complained a bit as Kyle  hurried her to come with him. She was tired by everything happening so suddenly, and wanted just to get to same place where she could sleep away the day. She hopped in.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 23, 2014, 09:59:02 PM »
Zolgen sighed, “Here, use this.” He handed Law something that looked like a cactus needle, a modified stinger of one of his insects. "It only needs blood because you are not a magus, so it needs to forge a connect through something."

Law grimaced a little bit, but pricked his finger with it. A red drop of blood leaked out, and the Sin-Eater used it to write his name on the Parchment. He could feel the agreement take hold, an old law with the punishment already evident and that will be swiftly enacted without remorse.  Dropping the needle, Law could tell the plasm was already clotting up the tiny hole. "There. You've got your deal."