Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) The RP  (Read 176088 times)

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) The RP
« Reply #780 on: June 25, 2014, 11:42:23 PM »
(OOC: This was delayed due to exams)
             Avi fell for long time. Well it felt like a long time probably due to periods of sensory overload and sensory isolation that the gap between worlds had. Avi thought he had reached his end when the vampire's rabbit like stand smashed the table directly over his prone and bleeding body. Instead of an impact it was as if he disappeared in the gap between the table and the floor. As he started falling he heard the vampires final words to him, "I'll leave your life in Fate's hands, though not here, I have plans here."

When Avi stopped falling he was not met with a crash, at least not a heavy one. The rational part of his mind that would have explained away such a ludicrous lack of impact due to the strang nature of dimensional travel, at the moment however that part wasn't working and all he could do was writhe in pain at the blow his body had received.

Unknown to Avi it seemed that the strange place known as Nexus City was the destination the hands of Fate sent him to. As he got up and looked around he saw massive skyscraperes and a bustling metropolis.

"Hah... Hah... Okay, far from the temple..hah... hah... wounded....," he said between harsh breaths. And then a look of horror dawned on his face, "The vampire has all the corpse parts."

With that in his mind he searched on to see if he could find somone to heal him and anyone who could help him figure out what got him in the middle of this metropolis and if he was really lucky a way to stop a powerful vampire with all the corpse parts.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 26, 2014, 01:24:19 AM »
The moment the young boy had come into his view, the situation ceased to be 'something he is getting paid to deal with in a flashy way'; It became 'Something that needs to end right this second'.

His hand gripped the pistol like implement that constituted his main weapon, he pressed it against the side of his head...

"THANATOS!"

He pulled the trigger.

Blue mist, instead of red; And a shattering like glass.

Shards and mist swirled as a figure formed behind Minato.

When it appeared, the word seemed to grow darker and colder for all present.

"I Am Thou, Thou Art I; I Am Thanatos, Who Grants Death."

"Kill Them."

Thanatos roared and swung it's sword; Five vampires to Minato's left were reduced to mist from the impact and the wave of pressure.

It moved, gliding through the air seeming to barely move and yet moved faster than the eye could perceive; The remaining eight vampires around Minato were obliterated in an instant and the Vampires that Haruna had yet to deal with were blown apart as it passed.

It came to hover between purple haired figure that had appeared in front of the child and the vampires, who ceased to be a concern approximately one second later when they met the same fate as their comrades.

Thanatos then twisted it's head and gave the rough approximation of a nod towards the purple haired female, bowed in the direction of Minato, and vanished without another word.

Minato at that moment, re-holstered his evoker and spoke while shoving his hands back into his pockets.

"Everyone alive?"
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 02:14:56 AM by Kurogami »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 26, 2014, 02:09:09 AM »
Sakura Matou

“What in the world!?” She was falling; it would not be long until she hit the pavement below it seemed. She doubted her magecraft could reduce the impact that much. And she did not trust her ability to cast a powerful enough spell before she hit the ground, the timing would be close.

Her vision focused on her right hand, her command seals were still there and she could still feel a connection to Rider. It seems he got sucked into that thing as well. 

She focused on their connection and spoke through their link, ‘Rider, catch me.’
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 02:14:51 AM by Knick »

Brahmastra

« Reply #783 on: June 26, 2014, 02:40:18 AM »
At the girl's behest, a tanned man with chestnut hair and eyes like two shining suns manifested to her side, unfazed by them being in mid-fall.

"Little Flower, you shouldn't need the aid of a radiant being like myself to fight gravity", shaking his head back and forth in a condescending matter.

Despite his snarky and unwilling attitude, as the King of Kings, Rider knew about the hierarchy of master and servant better than anyone else. Reaching out to grasp his Master in rather suspicious places to get a hold of her, namely under her butt and around her shoulders, his left hand ending quite near one of her breasts. Rider could not exactly complain about his Master. She was a strong and effective Magus, and above all else, she was a sight for sore eyes, even if she was a bit too prudish.

The concrete beneath cratered around his feet upon landing, Rider took his full height as he held his Master in his arms.

"But if it is gravity you need me to fight, then I shall do so!", a wide grin spreading across his smug face.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 11:58:36 AM by Brahmastra »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 26, 2014, 03:02:37 AM »
Sakura

“Thank you Rider. Now if you don’t mind.”

Getting out of her servant’s grip she stood on her own two feet, her face slightly red in embarrassment. She took a few moments she composed herself. She should really be used to Rider’s personality by now, but if the King of Kings was good at anything it was putting her off balance.

She looked around, noticing some people at the ends of the street which did not seem to notice their landing, or were simply ignoring their existence as if it was a daily occurrence. Either way, they were somewhere Sakura could not recognize.

“Where in the world are we?” she muttered to herself and then bit her lip in frustration.

It was one of the few times she was ever truly lost at what to do. It was not like the Grail War were there was a clear objective. They were just dropped in the middle of a city with no idea what happened. A possibility like this has never even crossed her mind.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 03:03:13 AM by Knick »

Brahmastra

« Reply #785 on: June 26, 2014, 03:14:58 AM »
"Can't say I have a better guess than you do, sweet flower. It's certainly not Fuyuki, or any place I'm familiar with. All I can tell is how thick the prana on the air is", scratching his head in confusion equal to that of his master.

"Did we end up here because you sit in your basement and practice all day instead of doing things girls you age should, like buying expensive clothing and jewelry or contemplating how tragic it is that you gained a kilo or two? Last I checked, you were struggling with the weight scale", his ever-defiant grin only showing in the corner of his face as he was turned away from the girl, looking around for any hints of their location, his perfect bared abs drawing a handful of stares from bystanders.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 26, 2014, 03:48:46 AM »
She glared at Rider, “How do you think I would PAY for those things anyway. I don’t have endless bank accounts like you seem to”

He brushed her hair back and huffed, honestly the nerve of him, she would not even acknowledge what else he said. So rude.

She then noticed that Rider was starting to draw attention. More specifically there seemed to be woman, and some men, stopping to stare at him.

She walked up to one of the women that were standing by her. When she reached her a faucet was turned and one of her circuits burned to life. “Miss? Could you tell me what this place is?” she asked, as she put a hand on the woman’s shoulder. A simple hypnotic suggestion, something even the most third rate magi should be capable of.

Then the woman told her this place was called the nexus, how people and things were drawn here at random across multiple dimensions.

Sakura directed the woman to leave. “So that’s what this place is…” It was a bit hard for her to swallow really, and interdimensional nexus, the only thing close she has even heard about was the 2nd. And even then something of this scale was so beyond what she could imagine.

She sighed, “Well it looks like we have to find somewhere to live now Rider. I doubt we will be able to get home easily.” She then smiled despite herself. This was something most magi would never experience. It was a new source of information and research, or even magecraft of other worlds could be found here.

Well, at least she had one familiar face to keep her company. She would never admit it to him but she has gone accustomed to his company. If only he was slightly less aggravating, that would be great.

Brahmastra

« Reply #787 on: June 26, 2014, 04:01:03 AM »
She glared at Rider, “How do you think I would PAY for those things anyway. I don’t have endless bank accounts like you seem to”

"Well, you see, flower, I could lend you some of the king's riches now and then, but as any good businessman, I'd have to ask for something in return, and there's only one thing you could give me in return that would be worth that much", an ever confident smile on his face. He knew that she knew exactly what he meant, and though she might just slap him for it, the sheer reaction on her face would be worth it's weight in gold. Ramesses was of course, the kind of guy who'd know the weight in gold of a facial expression, which has no real weight.

She sighed, “Well it looks like we have to find somewhere to live now Rider. I doubt we will be able to get home easily.”

"Doesn't particularly matter to me, Little Flower, you lead I'll follow, as it's always been", as Ramesses returned to gaining the pleased stares of many bystanders. The King's radiance was something for all to witness, and he was not one to not flaunt such a fact.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 26, 2014, 04:35:42 AM »
Sakura went red, in both embarrassment and anger, before she began to walk away, trying her hardest to not walk up and slap or just punch him in the face. It would just hurt her hand and make a scene. Well, more of a scene. Rider was doing a fantastic job of causing one without her help.

“Then, oh great King of Kings, could you do me the honor of finding a suitable place to live.” There was obvious sarcasm in her delivery, but at the same time it was an earnest request.

She knew Rider’s tastes in this regard; he would find a large place, something he would find most suitable for someone of his stature. It would be large enough for set up a workshop; also she would not have to hear him complain about finding a place to small and dingy for him.

For someone who says they will follow her he really does have no problems voicing his complaints.

“You say I should indulge myself more correct? Then I shall leave it to your guidance in this manner.” She was nothing if not knowledgeable about her servant; he could probably talk someone into giving him their house, and if not he would by chance come across gold on the street. Either way it was better to have him deal with it then hypnotize someone.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 04:37:14 AM by Knick »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 26, 2014, 05:01:22 AM »
Dan spotted a leather couch and promptly fell onto it. What a night. What a fucking night. He'd found a safe place to stay, at least. There was food, a phoenix, and a possible job making potions for a vampire. Besides, any night when he turned where he didn't wake up covered in blood was a good night. Morpheus conked Dan over the head, and soon the werewolf-alchemist was floating off into sleep.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 26, 2014, 07:48:19 AM »
Hakuno and Archer
Archer didn't get much time to process what he saw of the interior of the apartment complex before a familiar figure nearly tackled him to the ground.

"Archer! You're here!" Hakuno looked up at him... before blushing and quickly backing off after releasing him. She tried to look something resembling dignified before continuing. "What took you so long?"

The Servant sighed, doing the best he could to take attention away from the sudden red tint on the tips of his ears, but not really doing a great job of it. "Somehow winding up halfway across the city from here is how it took so long. There's only so fast I can go on foot you know."

Hakuno blinked. "Y-you ran all the way here? Aren't your legs tired?"

"I've felt worse. A car would have probably been nice, but I managed." He sighed. "Sitting down might not be so bad though. Honestly, even when you're not there I'm working to the bone for you."

"And... And I appreciate it, Archer. Thank you."

Archer stood there wide eyed for a moment before he managed a smile. One that looked a bit more like a smirk really, but it's the effort that counts. "Well, I'm glad to get some appreciation for my efforts at least." The smile vanished, replaced by a perplexed frown. "But what's with the sudden gratitude? I was only gone for a few hours."

"That's... that's enough on it's own, really." Hakuno wrung her hands. "It's just... well, it's lonely without you, you know?" She laughed, short and light. "My room just felt sort of empty without you lecturing me to death like always, you know?"

Archer smiled, before ruffling her hair a bit. "Heh. Don't you worry, I have plenty of lectures left for you. And I'm not leaving your side again any time soon if I can avoided. You have a tendency to be too reckless at times. Someone needs to make sure you stay out of trouble."

"Or at least make sure I don't get myself killed because of it. Well, we might as well go to our-" She stopped, only having taken one step forward.

"What is it?"

"Our room. It's probably not big enough for both of us."

"And you think we can get ourselves a bigger one?"

Hakuno nodded. "I hate to ask more of Forest when she's already letting me stay, but getting a room that has beds for us both would be a good idea. Let's go find her. We should introduce her to you at least so she knows that we've found each other."

Archer nodded in turn. "Lead the way, Master."

With that, the two ventured further inside, looking for any trace of their Landlady, until as luck would have it, Hakuno heard her voice. The girl gestured for Archer to follow her, and the two made their way to the doorway. Hakuno ended up leaning against the doorframe in exasperation. Not only was Forest busy talking with Karna, but that mean Umbra lady was there too.

"Hmph, so Karna's here too, huh?" Archer asked in hushed tones.
Hakuno nodded. "Yeah, but I don't think he recognized me," she whispered back. "I didn't see Jinako with him either."
"So, let me guess, we wait until they notice us?"

Hakuno nodded. With a sigh, she leaned against the door frame, waiting for her chance.

Rin and Mille
This world was filled with oddities it seemed. Not only did Lancer seem to recognize her, but he seemed happy to see her no less. And he doesn't seem hostile either. I guess he must be from a timeline where our relationship was a bit more positive.
He bounded up to her side, seeming almost akin to an overly enthusiastic dog gleefully making his way to greet his beloved master, and wasted no time in addressing her.
Quote from: Lancer
He smirked and said, "So, where's your overprotective hero, Lass?"
Rin blinked. "A-Archer you mean?" To her surprise... her next few words almost felt caught in her throat before she could spit them out. As if it was terribly painful to say. "Archer is long gone. He died early on in the War. He-" Rin hesitated for a moment, for she could feel prana building up behind her. With a sigh, she turned and faced Mille.

"Garrison-chan, stand down. If he wanted to attack us, he would have done it already."

Mille frowned, but did as she was told. "I hope you're right." She narrowed her eyes a bit. "Those names, Lancer, Archer. Just how much prana I'm sensing from Lancer over there. Were you a Master in the Holy Grail War, and is that man over there a Servant?" 

Rin sighed again, throwing a quick apologetic glance to her father before answering. "Yes and yes. Look, I'll explain more later. I just have some catching up to do."

She turned back to Lancer, giving him a weak, apologetic smile. "Sorry about that. My apprentice is both a bit overeager and rather new at this."

"Partner. Not "apprentice." Partner. And I know what I'm doing just fine, I'm just more direct than you are. A magus after all has to seize the moment whenever she can."

Rin sighed, not bothering to look back at Mille before continuing. "I'm still working with her. So, how have you been? Have you gotten a new Master?" In my timeline you died pretty fast, but I'm assuming things must have went much better for you in your timeline, especially since you're still around... Well, for now, all I can do is smile, wave, and hope I get myself some answers.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Brahmastra

« Reply #791 on: June 26, 2014, 10:42:07 AM »
“Then, oh great King of Kings, could you do me the honor of finding a suitable place to live.” There was obvious sarcasm in her delivery, but at the same time it was an earnest request.

She knew Rider’s tastes in this regard; he would find a large place, something he would find most suitable for someone of his stature. It would be large enough for set up a workshop; also she would not have to hear him complain about finding a place to small and dingy for him.

For someone who says they will follow her he really does have no problems voicing his complaints.

“You say I should indulge myself more correct? Then I shall leave it to your guidance in this manner.” She was nothing if not knowledgeable about her servant; he could probably talk someone into giving him their house, and if not he would by chance come across gold on the street. Either way it was better to have him deal with it then hypnotize someone.

"If you are this eager to make me take you home, Little Flower, you should've just said so", he teased, "I would let you enjoy me in my home any day."

As if on cue, a ring of keys fell out of the sky, landing at Rider's feet. Perhaps someone was attacked by a supernatural creature, and the force of one of it's blows sent the keys flying so far. Such was his ability to acquire wealth it seemed.

As luck would have it, a tiny plastic-contained slip of paper listing the owner's street number was attached to the metallic circle. The address listed a luxury penthouse apartment at the corner of the Shopping District "X", the place they seemed to be in the middle of right now, given the sheer amount of stores around. While Rider was certainly causing a bit of a scene with his god-chiseled body, he was also highly observant of their new location.

"Well, as the king's fortune has spoken, we now have a place to go, Little Flower", his smugness overflowing on his face.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 02:51:01 PM by Brahmastra »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 26, 2014, 03:04:35 PM »
"Look between your legs. You have two holes down there." Law sighed, turning around. This was not what he wanted to discuss at the moment. "You're a woman Mordred.

Glaring dangerously at Law, Mordred did something her Master would probably have never expected. She materialzied her armor, and in the blink of an eye, she punched Law. She restrained herself of course, otherwise she would do serious damage with her Prana Burst-augmented strenght. However, she still swung as fast as she would've against a Servant, resulting in Law slamming against the wall. "You are a wench to me if you cannot even avoid that!"

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 26, 2014, 05:34:55 PM »
He felt it.  It hurt---- Hurts a lot.

The multitude was gnawing him away. Each ravenous bite sunk past his skin and into his body. He could feel their fangs tearing him apart, their malice manifest in their consumption. Min could hear them moan and curse at him as they ate. The bits of his own organs and blood dribbled down their chins as scarlet red dyed their teeth. Their maws busily chewed the sinews of his flesh. Hatred bid them to continue eating as Min only choked in excruciating pain with eyes rolling back to his skull. His blue lips were wordless as they have already rend through his already-hewed out throat. 

He could feel his intestines being pulled out from a grasping hand of a Korean spearman he had consumed four hundred years ago. His stomach gnawed on by the Chinese warlord who had razed an innocent village. His blood stained the face of an Indian brahmin. Many others continued to eat, and some were pursuers who wished to attain his immortality. But they only ended up trapped inside with their teeth continuing to chew upon his very flesh.

Despite all this, he could still hear them at the edge of his consciousness.

DAMN YOU!            SCOUNDREL!             MONSTER!         SUFFER!

He ruined their lives and consumed every single one of them here. Their right to reincarnation cruelly taken away from them and to forever be shackled to him as they lost their individuality over time. Only their hatred for their unwilling captor kept them active as they fed on him.

It truly is a macabre scene.

DIE!

As they continued to tear into his flesh, Min finally closed his eyes.

Day 2: Henry's Clinic

Henry was awake, his neck and back drenched with his own sweat. His own t-shirt stuck to him, making him feel uncomfortably sloven. The alarm clock on his left blared loudly before silencing with a press of a button. Sunlight peeked through his shuttered windows. He sighed and finally got up onto his feet from his office chair to change appropriately for the day.

"That dream again..."

He listlessly swept back his hair and stared at the window. It was the morning, seeing how the sun tries to squish in through the shutters. The doctor then shuffled back out of the door to prepare.

Day 2: Shiro's Orphanage/Church

Garbed in white lab coat and a metallic box of medical equipment, he stared at the church. Its external cross design suggested the building followed the longitudinal plan of many Christian places of worship from the Byzantine era. The architecture here didn't look that old. Though perhaps, this was established by the aesthetics of some admiring draftsman of the antiquated design. Henry locked the car's doors as the box swayed in each step towards its entrance.

He knocked on the hardwood of the door and soon the muffled sound of children filled his ears as the doctor waited impatiently for it to open. The sun is quite a pain after all.

OOC: Welp, since there's some people who have already moved on to Day 2, I might as well move on as well.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 05:37:37 PM by Puck-Chan »

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 26, 2014, 05:50:18 PM »
Sakura

It was about two hours later, Rider and Sakura had both arrived at their new penthouse. Sakura herself was stepping out of the shower into her room, a towel wrapped around her.

It was rather extravagant for her tastes, but it was nice in her own way. Her room had a large attached bathroom and a smaller secondary room attached, it would prove to be a suitable workshop. She looked out the selection of clothing that was left by the penthouses last. It was a rather large selection; they also seemed to have her size.

Rider’s Golden Rule was certainly a frightening skill. Pulling out a rather nice shirt, jeans, and underwear she placed them on the bed before she dropped her towel and moved to get dressed. During this she contemplated her next course of action. A strong bounded field could wait, it would probably be better to learn more about the city beforehand. 

---------------------------------
Shiro

Shiro woke up to the feeling of someone taping his head. He had gone to sleep at daybreak, honestly the safest time to do so. He cracked open his eye and looked the the kid who woke him up.

“Someone at the door.” It was Thomas from the look of it. And someone at the door? This early? Was he expecting anyone? He couldn’t remember, his head was pounding

Getting up from his bed he ruffled Thomas’ hair and told him to go play. The boy did so with a grin and closed the door behind him. From there Shiro got changed into something more suitable for the day, casually noticed that the smell of alcohol was still present on his breath. He walked to the front door, passing some of the children playing as he walkd, and opened it, the sunlight blinded him and made his head pound even more.

“Oh, Henry. What are-“He let out a massive yawn before rubbing some crust out of the corner of his eye, “What are you doing here this early?”
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 05:57:48 PM by Knick »