Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) The RP  (Read 176501 times)

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) The RP
« Reply #840 on: June 28, 2014, 07:22:44 PM »
Amy

She looked as Neo stabbed himself in the chest and using how he wasn’t dead as an excuse for people to not kill him.

Amy just looked on, Proxy close to her chest, before speaking up. “Is your point that you’re not human anymore? Dead Apostles can withstand a knife to the heart after all.”

"No, you fucking idiot. If I ain't human, I wouldn't bleed like a bitch here." Neo retorted to Amy. "My point is that you faggots wanna try killing me for talking shit about everybody. If I showed you that I ain't gonna die when I'm killed, maybe you motherfuckah's would stop using death as threat to kill anyone saying shit you don't like. I mean, oh, you wanna shank me for doing shit you don't like? But I can't die, so why should I shit my pants for using something that can't happen to me? Where's your threat now then, bitch?"

"And speaking of that, what would be your reaction to any fuckin' government who would black-bag people fo' saying shit they don't like to hear, huh? To any 'decent' son of a bitch out there, they would say it's a fascist, authoritarian or dictatorial government or whatso-fucking-ever. If that was the case, then why are you going to kill me for saying shit that simply offends you? To put that in a goddamn perspective, you're like killing a kid because he called you a 'poopyhead'."

He then scoffed. "Goddamn, even 'Merica doesn't put openly racist dipshits in jail who would say that all kikes or niggers or beaners or honkies should just die, supposedly because that shit is protected by the First Fucking Amendment. But even if it's not, it wouldn't make any fucking sense to put them in any Federal Asspounding Facility because they aren't actually doing anything and they never will because all racist dipshits are all talk and no balls. Just because it hurts your feelings like the goddamn sissy that you are, doesn't mean you couldn't try doing the same shit to them, which is why I don't give a fuck if you think I'm an idiot, a retard or an asshole and moreso if you call me one."

"So yeah, I'm an asshole for talking shit to everyone, no bullshit. Then you're gonna kill me for simply doing that, if I could. Or, to make it fucking easier for you because everyone's so fuckin' selfish, there's some asshole out there who insults you to yo' ass and then you kill him. Ya' think people would like that? Ya' think that would make any fucking sense? Ya' fuckin' think you can call yo'self a 'good' person?"

He then punctuated his slightly annoyed rant with the words "And there's a million of us, just like me; who cuss like me; who just don't give a fuck like me; who dress like me; walk, talk and act like me. So what, are you going to genocide assholes like me, then?"

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: June 28, 2014, 07:57:44 PM »
Rin and Mille
~A few minutes earlier~
Mille took the photo from Fiore and examined it carefully. She frowned as she examined the picture carefully before turning back to Fiore and handing back the photo. "I'm afraid I haven't seen him. But I've memorized his features as well as I can. If I see him, I'll do my best to reunite you both." Surely there were better, more mission oriented things for Mille to focus on, but... it was odd, but something about this girl compelled her to aid her no matter what. That and... well, perhaps some inclinations that she had put away a good seven years ago. Entertaining those silly notions every once in a while couldn't really hurt though, could it?
~Now~
Rin really didn't care about that creep being stupid enough to hurt himself (even if the fact that he seemed rather resistant to damage was somewhat alarming), but it was obviously distressing poor Fiore, and for that reason, it had to stop. It seemed that Amy was ahead of her, however, already attempting to comfort the poor girl.

Quote from: Amy
Amy just looked on, Proxy close to her chest, before speaking up. “Is your point that you’re not human anymore? Dead Apostles can withstand a knife to the heart after all.”

She looked back to Proxy before whispering to him, and a second later he had turned back into a small book in her bag. Sighing lightly she placed a hand on Fiore’s head and smiled, her fingers gently moving though he hair in a calming fashion, “It’s fine, don’t worry about him.” She looked a Neo with an  odd look, “He his right if he was going to die he would have already. Don’t worry."
Rin gave Fiore's hand a squeeze before nodding in agreement. She noticed in doing so that Fiore seemed to be wearing a Yggdmillennia uniform, but pushed it to the back of her mind for the moment. "She's right, he's just showing off how tough he is or whatever. It's alright now."

"You shouldn't be worrying about him anyway. He's a complete idiot," added Mille.

Rin rubbed her temples. "Garrison-chan, you aren't helping." She turned towards the jerk who had managed to piss so many people off and was about to lecture him for making Fiore so upset before he started in on a lecture of his own.

And it went on. And on. And on. And on. Rin's skull felt like it was throbbing.

A ways over, Mille's voice rang out loud and clear. "Can I kick him in the crotch now?"

Archer and Hakuno
Archer almost felt like he was being oogled by their attractive blonde landlady. ...Naaaaah, that couldn't be the case. Normally he wouldn't hesitate to speak before Hakuno got the chance, but this time he relented.

"Well, um... I don't remember if I mentioned it earlier, but I said I was waiting for my friend. And here he is." Hakuno gestured back at her companion, blushing slightly.

"You're our new landlady, right? I'm Archer, Hakuno's... bodyguard, let us say." He crossed his arms over his chest. "She mentioned something about wanting me to meet you, and a larger room? I just got here, so I don't know all the details just yet."

Hakuno looked down apologetically, her cheeks now slightly more flushed.

Quote from: Karna
"That includes you too, little girl, and that sniveling coward at your side. If you needed to sneak around the house to begin with, talking to the host is perhaps a bad idea. Come out and eat."
Archer caught the comment and raised an eyebrow. "I didn't exactly sneak in here. I even knocked on the door. Hakuno let me in because she knows me. It's hard to sneak around when you've barely just arrived."
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 04:14:02 AM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Brahmastra

« Reply #842 on: June 28, 2014, 08:35:10 PM »
Fiore felt lied to. Neo had stabbed himself in the vitals without first informing others of his seeming immortality, to prove a point, nearly giving her a heart attack in the process. Wiping her eyes with a her gloved hand, she tried to regain her calm, comforted by both Amy and the dark-haired girl, a distant part of her mind telling her she was merely inviting sympathy again, but it was quickly fought down by more urgent thoughts.

"Do-don't scare me like that Neo, you idiot! That wasn't funny. I thought you were seriously going to die", she said, a slight sniffle from her sudden burst of emotions still addling her speech. Even if it was a relatively unpleasant man that she had met barely half an hour ago, Fiore could not tolerate the sight of others dying. Had Neo not survived, she might have very well suffered a panic attack then and there.

It took Fiore a minute or two, but as Amy ran her calming hands through her hair, she slowly regained her bearings, and she turned to the redhead with that dignified, all-hiding and ever gentle smile once again.

"Thank you so much for your time, Garrison, was it? I think I do have some way for us to communicate lying around."

Reaching into her suitcase once again, Fiore digged out the phone she had forgotten all about, and the screen displayed a message that widened her smile considerably.

10 messages from Caules, the latest from only 20 minutes ago. The latest of which read "Going to sleep, got friendly company and a safe place. I hope you're out there."

'Thank god, he's safe at least.'

Minus the messaging system and calling others, she had no idea how the device worked, even as a Human Engineer she wasn't very up to date on technology as advanced as screens that responded to touch. So just in case, she had printed out a handful of business cards, stowed into the covering material of the phone. Pulling out a single card and handing it to the redhead, she spoke.

"Please call me the moment you find him. And thank you again. I will not forget this", a beaming smile now clad her lips.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 06:56:46 PM by Brahmastra »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: June 28, 2014, 09:06:44 PM »
'Scouting mission? I see, you are not certainly wasting time, Law, there is still hope for you' she commented, not getting that Law had probably more something like sightseeing in mind than scouting mission 'If we meet other Servants, I will certainly give my best!" Mordred was becoming more enthusiastic.
"Just stay calm around them, alright? I don't want you getting killed because you run off and punch them in the face without a plan." Lawrence finished off his coffee, and tossed the pairs uneaten food in the trash. The Firebird purred to a start soon after, the anticipation from both himself and the Driver growing. It was time to check out this city for real - and maybe meet a few people in the same boat he was in.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: June 28, 2014, 09:14:54 PM »
"Just stay calm around them, alright? I don't want you getting killed because you run off and punch them in the face without a plan." Lawrence finished off his coffee, and tossed the pairs uneaten food in the trash. The Firebird purred to a start soon after, the anticipation from both himself and the Driver growing. It was time to check out this city for real - and maybe meet a few people in the same boat he was in.

"Punch them? I will stab in the face." Mordred probably really wanted to vent off on real opponent as she strangely emphasized the stab part of her statement.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: June 29, 2014, 12:34:06 AM »
Lycodrake Aptera
Vampire Territory

With a silent apology, the man made of clay dislodged the offending weapon from the child, staining his clean outfit with fresh gore in the process. With a look of pity, Enkidu tossed the stake aside and allowed the dead to lie on the ground. No words were pronounced as he moved to the next one.
As Enkidu did what he could to grant the husks of tortured dead some dignity and solace, the wingless dragon tried to calm himself down, knowing that raging and snarling over the atrocity did not help the poor souls. Granted, neither would killing the monsters responsible, but he would never claim that justice was always selfless.

He had seen similar horrors when traversing areas ravaged by Ares/[Mars] and his ilk. Elementals dismantled into weak embers, puddles, and faint remains of wind, traces of fertile soil and minerals upon dead earth. Humans and humanoids butchered and brutalized. And worst of all were those creatures not "fit" for being beheaded and turned into a trophy, or "recruited" by being forced into a maddened state, and instead had their heads crushed under the personal might of Ares/[Mars].

These haunts replayed before his eyes as he wished a peaceful afterlife to the bloody dead.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: June 29, 2014, 12:43:52 AM »
Jubei

Jubei look up at Henry, what an odd question. “Nah, name rings a bell, perhaps I have read of it in a book or something. Never been part of it though.”

He collected the papers and jumped down onto the floor. “Well, think about it. You to Henry, Fate told me to invite anyone I see might have potential. And ya got it. I got to go search for another potential. He gonna be tough to find though.”

“Thanks for ya hospitality, and it was nice to meet ya.” Jubei smiled and left without another word.

-------------------------------
Shiro

Shiro simply sat there, looking at the card in his hands. Putting it down on the table with a sigh he looked at Henry.

“What do you think?”

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 29, 2014, 01:24:39 AM »
So he isn't after all. In fact, does that clan even exist in the feline's world at all? Jubei does suggest they don't, but that isn't important. With everything settled, the hooded cat left the duo to their own devices. Henry bit his lip as he stared at the card in Shiro's hand. It seems they would have some time to think about it since Jubei never mentioned of any deadlines. Though it is imperative to deal with this as soon as possible.

“What do you think?” the clergyman asked with a sigh. Obviously in quite a dilemma about this.

"I don't like it," he replied with a frown knitting his brows together, "We don't know anything about this Fate person at all. And he sounds as if he knows about you already."

The doctor paused to take another grudging sip of water. He glared at the suspended ice inside the glass before folding his arms together.

"I'll see if I can find anything tonight. Maybe a rumor or two. We can't be going at this blindly," Henry offered.

He took out his chocolate again and took out another bite to sate his "hunger". But where to exactly start? Maybe Forest knew a little bit about this? It could be worth asking her, his gut would say.

"Take the time to think about it, Shiro. It's your call."

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: June 29, 2014, 02:50:33 AM »

Caules awoke with a yawn inside an empty garage, where after a few more hours of searching, he and the Knight had called it quits and went to sleep, to continue their search in the morning. They were now just a bit west of a less-than-reputable area the Knight had called "Butchertown". 'Charming name, really', thought he as he slowly took a sitting position. Sleeping on the cold hard ground had been a bit different than the comfort of his own bed.

"Are you awake, Tin-Man?", he managed with an exhausted groan.

"Yeah, I'm awake." The Knight affirmed, sitting across from Caules, "I don't sleep, really."

Rising up, the undead man dusted off the blue garments around his armor. "I apologize, but I'm not going to be able to buy breakfast." He said, "I don't have any currency that this city accepts."
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 03:14:46 AM by MissingMandible »

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: June 29, 2014, 03:54:34 AM »
Rin and Mille
Rin gave Fiore's hand a squeeze before nodding in agreement. She noticed in doing so that Fiore seemed to be wearing a Yggdmillennia uniform, but pushed it to the back of her mind for the moment. "She's right, he's just showing off how tough he is or whatever. It's alright now."

"You shouldn't be worrying about him anyway. He's a complete idiot," added Mille.

Rin rubbed her temples. "Garrison-chan, you aren't helping." She turned towards the jerk who had managed to piss so many people off and was about to lecture him for making Fiore so upset before he started in on a lecture of his own.

And it went on. And on. And on. And on. Rin's skull felt like it was throbbing.

A ways over, Mille's voice rang out loud and clear. "Can I kick him in the crotch now?"

Neo facepalmed after hearing people's comment about him, even if he stabbed himself in the chest already. The knife was still buried in him as he faced the pink-haired girl and said, "Weren't you listening to me, you impassive bitch? Then fine, no talkin' since you're all fuckin' idiots here who have ADD or something. I'll allow you to kick my balls if you're okay with being bitch-slapped in yo' face after that. Even then, you might just make my dick hard after kicking my balls."

He then took a step closer to her and presented himself with his arms wide open and his crotch leaning towards her. "If kicking balls to make me horny and getting bitch-slapped's goin' to make ya' feel better, then please continue. Go on, bitch. I quintuple-fucking dare you!"

Fiore felt lied to. Neo had stabbed himself in the vitals without first informing others of his seeming immortality, to prove a point, nearly giving her a heart attack in the process. Wiping her eyes with a her gloved hand, she tried to regain her calm, comforted by both Amy and the dark-haired girl, a distant part of her mind telling her she was merely inviting sympathy again, but it was quickly fought down by more urgent thoughts.

"Do-don't scare me like that Neo, you idiot! That wasn't funny. I thought you were seriously going to die", she said, a slight sniffle from her sudden burst of emotions still addling her speech. Even if it was a relatively unpleasant man that she had met barely half an hour ago, Fiore could not tolerate the sight of others dying in her sight. Had Neo not survived, she might have very well suffered a panic attack then and there.

"Fio', I'm sorry." Neo said. "These motherfuckers were saying that I was just talking shit because I'm compensating for something as if I can't do anything at all while their over-sensitive sissy asses are wanting to kill me because I simply said something they don't like, as if they're compensating fo' something. I just needed to point out the fucking hypocrisy."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: June 29, 2014, 04:37:10 AM »
Paladin held up the pamphlet and compared the image on it to the place in front of him. A simple black gate with a large sign that had the words "Nexus Zoo" on it. There were people inside watching and feeding various animals.

"Well, this seems to be our destination, Hunter."

He got off the wagon, pushed open the gate, and walked into the zoo. Then he turned back and called out to his companion.

"Are you coming, Archive Hunter? Stribog's blessings await us!"

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: June 29, 2014, 06:05:26 AM »
"Punch them? I will stab in the face." Mordred probably really wanted to vent off on real opponent as she strangely emphasized the stab part of her statement.

I like her more when she's like this.

'I don't.'

Law pulled the Firebird out of the parking lot, heading for... somewhere. The streets of the Nexus were an odd cobbled together mix of many different materials, the roads following no seemingly set up plan. He was probably, he guessed, somewhere in the Business/Shopping district. A map he'd grabbed out of the Motel lobby had displayed some sort of park nearby - a good a place as any to see things going on. And the ghosts he'd likely need to deal with.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: June 29, 2014, 07:03:04 AM »
Shiro

Shiro nodded, “If you can try and gather some information on this company it would be great Henry.”

He looked down at the card again before continuing. “I am going to call him later however. It is too great of an opportunity to pass up” He began to spin the card between his thumb and index finger.

“I will be able to judge his intentions if I speak to him, hopefully it will just be a peaceful conversations. But if not…” He threw the card, it embedding it in the wall, something that should not be possible for a paper business card. “I will deal with it.”

Shiro sighed, “I am going to go have a cigarette. It is too early for this crap.”

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 29, 2014, 07:24:12 AM »
Shiro's Church/Orphanage: Day 2

"I'll see what I can do," Henry agreed in a drawl as he continued to chew his chocolate. The milky cloying texture of the sweet made his tongue feel as if it were drenched in wax. But it still tasted great, sweet tooth-wise. Shiro would call this Fate person later, this seemed to be a pretty good deal despite not knowing what's waiting for him. It makes it even more imperative for him to get any information at least.

Henry soon supplied, "I'll call you up about it tomorrow morning. "

As he finished his piece with a swallow, he crushed the wrapper into a ball and accurately threw it into the gaping entrance of the trash can.

Shiro then sighed, “I am going to go have a cigarette. It is too early for this crap.”

"You do that. I'll have to go pack up some things," the doctor nodded, "I'll let you know by the next morning."

The chair screeched as he stood back up. He licked his fingers free of the chocolate stains that had accumulated from his body heat. His patience was starting to wane, his body begged him to leave the place. Henry's calm mannerisms did not betray him as he started to walk out of the kitchen. A testament of his fortitude to discomfort and pain for the sake of an unperturbed appearance.

"I'll see you later, Shiro. Take care of yourself."

With that, he left. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 07:25:41 AM by Puck-Chan »

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Brahmastra

« Reply #854 on: June 29, 2014, 04:28:28 PM »
"Yeah, I'm awake." The Knight affirmed, sitting across from Caules, "I don't sleep, really."

Rising up, the undead man dusted off the blue garments around his armor. "I apologize, but I'm not going to be able to buy breakfast." He said, "I don't have any currency that this city accepts."

"I couldn't have you be paying for that after helping me, anyway. Don't worry, I'll buy", he said, with a small smile.

He had checked his phone this morning for any news, luckily having access to a power outlet in the garage to charge it, and one of his messages to Fiore was shown as read. At the time, he was almost ready to burst out in tears, but he held it in. She was safe at least. Unfortunately, it stood to reason that he couldn't actually communicate with her through his phone in this place. His signal was jumpy at it's best, and the city guard had left him no messages. Unfortunately, he was just gonna have to find her the old-fashioned way.