Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) The RP  (Read 176323 times)

Brahmastra

Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) The RP
« Reply #915 on: July 03, 2014, 01:20:37 PM »
Ramesses II

Lawrence

"...Well shit." Law kicked the car into gear, speeding off as fast as he could. Something was suppressing his Boneyard, though he couldn't tell exactly what yet, he had a giant bull on his ass, and in his rearview mirror he saw a third combatant enter the fray - and then a giant motherfucking DOOR opened up and a... something popped out that also spelled horrifying death to whatever it happened to be pissed at. He was likely on that list.

Considering how the giant bull just plowed through a building, this wasn't good at all.

'Any idea what's fucking with my ghost powers?'

No. Perhaps the other Master?

'Great, fucking wizards and shit.'

Well, I don't think a wizard can take down that thing either.

'...'

Yes I am saying exactly what you think I'm saying.

Law took corners like a madman, trying his damned hardest to shake the bull on his ass, burning rubber and adrenaline as he started to home in on just who exactly was fucking with his mojo at the moment. The Boneyard had a set size after all, and if he was lucky, whoever was screwing with him was within it - and didn't know about the Flaming Doom Bull that happened to just have popped up.

The bull's angered charge continued without restraint, destroying the concrete beneath every step of it's metal hooves, flattening cars and scaring off pedestrians as it obeyed the command of the King; "Kill". Unfortunately, the target proved to be even faster than itself, leaving it unable to gouge him or his metallic transportation device with it's god-fashioned horns.

As the target rounded yet another corner, it stepped directly through the building on the corner, leaving it naught but rubble as it's lungs took in a deep breath, it's vital functions generating a great amount of prana. As it exhaled it, a massive gout of fire came forth from it's brass jaws, missing but only just barely as the beam that melted the very road beneath just narrowly behind the target.

Sakura

Sakura was shaking in rage. THAT IDIOT, COULN’T HE HOLD HIMSELF BACK ONCE, JUST ONCE. 

Taking a deep breath to try and calm herself, she sent a message to Rider through her link. Only hoping it would work.

‘Rider, would it not be more fitting to judge these fools that get in your way with the entirety of your mighty brilliance? Let us wait until night, and then they will truly know their folly for crossing the great king that is above all other kings.’

Please work, please work, please work. Please for ONCE let things work out as planned rather than Rider simply run free with wild abandon.

All the while she began to set up defenses and spell though out the alley, just in case.

Almost able to tell how angry his Little Flower was by just her message, Rider laughed.

'Ha-ha! That wouldn't do, Master. A king does not hide away and avoid punishing those who break his laws in the day. Even without my great ship, I shall leave those who intrude upon my battles in pieces.'

Rider could feel it in the air alone. The androgynous non-gender-place-able greenhead before him was a great warrior, having caught the King off-guard once before and standing entirely unfazed into the face of the Father of Terror. The draconic creature at his side, too sad a sight to truly be called a majestic Dragon, was not entirely an idle threat either but he remained confident. At the very worst, he would simply have to bring out more beasts of the ages.

For once he was happy that the wench who's face he marred was on his side of the issue; Intervening in a battle such as theirs was a sin punishable by death.

S&S

"The lady doth protest too much methinks." Ah, such a shy woman. "For lies when told long enough become a truth, and so then truth it is forever more. And if I write it is true, how is it not? But aye, that is but a mere sample of the brilliance of my works, which undoubtedly Master, you must have poured thy eyes over in detail."

I scratched my chin thoughtfully with a gloved hand, fabric and facial hair rubbing against one another in a most pleasing fashion conductive to thought. "And what research I have done? I talk, I listen, I read. A servant of the story serves the story itself! Facts may be wrong, dates mixed up, people misconstrued, but the heart, the soul of the work always rings clear and true and honest, the meaning of any story. For good or for ill, such is my craft."

"Well that's certainly a dramatic way to put it, though I would expect nothing less from you", said Shirou, but his expression turned slightly puzzled afterwards, "Unfortunately, I can't claim to have read any of your works, Caster."

"Would you truly waste time on such things in our situation, Master? You know better than even me or Caster how important it is, so why use time on such trivialities?", responded Assassin in kind.

"It's fine, Assassin. Until the Hanging Gardens are completed, we have no true objectives to complete other than to find the ritual devouring the power of the leylines at a rapid rate. God has told me that that shall be our Grail. Acquiring it or the alliance of whoever made it is our only priority, and since we are not exactly in a rush, we can do that whenever we feel up to it."

"W-well, if you are certain then I shall not disobey", an unconscious stammer to her words. She'd never had it before, not when found by as a child, not when faced with King Ninus for the first time, not once, and yet her Master made her ever self-conscious and unsure of herself. What had he done to her? What was this feeling he brought upon her whenever he was around? Left in her inner confusion, she went silent.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 01:22:15 PM by Brahmastra »

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: July 03, 2014, 01:57:00 PM »
Lycodrake Aptera
Shawnee

"ABU EL-HOL!"

A temple door phased into existence behind Rider, hieroglyphs proclaiming the might of the one who commissioned it, and the many enemies he crushed below the wheels of his chariot. Swinging open, flaming grains of sand flooded out of the door. As the sand spread over the street, a shape started to rise out it, a beast the world had tried to forget, yet one that Rider had made his and his alone. The head of a monstrous lion burst forth, and was immediately followed by the massive and awe-inspiring sight of a it's body no less than 40 foot tall. Massive wings whose red feathers fell gently to the ground. There were no words that could truly describe the personification of the King of Kings' power in all it's majesty.

"I am a merciful king, interlopers. I give you this last chance; Prostrate yourselves and then flee like the cowards you are and you might return to wherever you came from in more than eight pieces. If not, you shall know the wrath of the Father of Terror", his sentence punctuated by an ear-splitting roar of the massive Sphinx.
A giant bull of metal and fire materialized and chased after the young man in the car, before the arrogant king summoned the much more intimidating Sphinx. No, this wasn't intimidation - it was so much more. Animal instinct would likely demand either bowing or fleeing before it, but Lycodrake Aptera was no mere animal. Between the two creatures, he wasn't sure which one to attack, but he felt a compulsion to bring down The Sphinx first. Perhaps it was draconic pride that demanded that no other creature stand above them? He wasn't sure of that, but he did know that he knew the anatomy of such a being - for it appeared as flesh and blood.

His footing not hampered by the sand, as he was used to traveling upon it, Lycodrake Aptera took cautious steps forward as his size began to shift. His lithe body bulked out and grew rapidly in size until he stood almost to twenty feet tall - near half the height of The Sphinx. His speed and agility were reduced in this form, but his strength was multiplied - and with that strength he could have confidence. How many rocs had he fought against because of his foolish gluttony for their eggs? Many. His realm was the earth and he knew how to counter those which flew intimately.

While it was still on the ground, he would make his move. He lunged with his muscles coiled like a serpent, very much like a tiger would, and aimed with talons and fangs for the wings of The Sphinx.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 03, 2014, 02:37:10 PM »
Out of the two monsters that Mordred faced, the Sphynx of Rider was certainly more dangerous as it truly radiated with the aura of a Divine Beast. She had a clue to Rider's identity. He was surely one of Egyptian heroes, though his exact identity was still unknown.

The dragon could serve as a distraction if Mordred was more pragmatic, but her pride did not allow for the help of any outsider. She prepared to fire her Clarent Blood Arthur, disregarding the consequences.

Brahmastra

« Reply #918 on: July 03, 2014, 03:30:13 PM »
The now-suddenly larger lizard aimed for the wings of the lion-formed Avatar of the King of Kings, with certain futility, something Rider grinned at. Sphinxes were among the greatest Beasts of Gaia, monstrous lions that were the only things to truly match the great Dragons of Persia. Their very existence were equal to magic, and the world around it bend knee to it's glory. For that reason, their wings were little more than decoratives.

The Lion of the King took step upon the air, and the air held. With unseen agility, it took footing on the air and moved to the side, its talons filling with prana, turning them hot enough as to set fire to concrete, and lashed out at the overgrown lizard's side with a paw the size of a grown man, claws like broadswords.

"Mere lizards should crawl along the ground where they belong, while true beasts of the gods rule the skies! It is the law of the world, Ha-ha!"

Though his confidence radiated light like that of the sun, his golden eyes still keenly observed the battlefield. He could feel the build-up of prana around the knight-whore, but was too absorbed in his gloating to truly give a damn just yet.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 03, 2014, 03:44:42 PM »
Lycodrake Aptera
Shawnee

Normally he would be annoyed and possibly aggravated with such arrogance, but truly The Sphinx leaping upon the air and taking a swipe at him with a paw, claws fully extended and heat and fire radiating, meant he had a chance to do something. Lycodrake Aptera twisted himself in the air. Fire and heat would not hurt him. A clawed paw outstretched meant that he would be within reach to attack.

Talons slashed at the outstretched limb. Even if this attack failed, he had other options. This arrogant king would know what the folly of dismissing him as a mere "lizard".
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 03:50:31 PM by Lycodrake »

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: July 03, 2014, 05:31:22 PM »

You little fuck. You dare tell a king above kings what to do, much less stop him from executing an unsightly enemy? This is punishable only by a thousand deaths.

I am a merciful king, interlopers. I give you this last chance; Prostrate yourselves and then flee like the cowards you are and you might return to wherever you came from in more than eight pieces. If not, you shall know the wrath of the Father of Terror.

Enkidu didn't react to the Phantasmal Beast's outcry. Nor for the wingless dragon answering its challenge, nor the knight gathering prana for a formidable attack. His attention was focused on the man who had summoned the creatures. This man had answered him in the Unified Language without noticing, but the words he used were nothing but an affront to his close friend. The creation of the gods shook his head with an expression between disgust and pity.

"Humanity sure has become weak if it had to submit to leaders such as you. You are no King. This title belongs only to one man. You are but a pebble declaring shamelessly to be a mountain. The ant does not compare itself to the lion. You do not have possess the right to use that title. You do not have the shoulders to carry it. Your lack of respect towards Him is infinitely more deserving of death."

Enkidu spread his arms open.

"Come, King of Ants, I will teach you humility."

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 03, 2014, 06:32:08 PM »
Phoenix

Phoenix watched the conflict below his domain in the sky. It felt the power surge and beings of great power being drawn into the world. Phoenix lowered its altitude, and lowered itself below the clouds.

Why are the friends fighting again? Fiends should just be friends. They shouldn’t fight. But it felt it, from the one the great beasts were tied to. He was a being of confidence and arrogance. He was sure of who and what he was, and in that way Phoenix was reminded of his Golden Friend.

But he simply paled in comparison to the radiance of the great king of humanity who rebelled against the gods.

But even still, he was still a friend. And friends should not fight. Flapping his wings he released its sunfire.

Multiple spheres of brilliant light and fire far more pure and powerful then any flame on Gaia rained down on the street, none of them hitting anyone instead striking the ground between them.

All the while Phoenix remained in its place in the sky.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 06:33:15 PM by Knick »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 03, 2014, 10:39:37 PM »
Day 2
Asileron
Outside the Aegis building

Asileron stood in front of the Aegis building. Rumors of a mage who planned to clear out No Man's Land had brought him here, and every rumor contained a grain of truth. Even if the group failed to achieve it's goals Asileron himself would be able to harvest many souls while under the protection of the organization. If it was a lie he would simply leave. Nothing to lose from checking out the organization. With this in mind he opened the door to the building and entered the lobby.

The sound of chains being dragged around drew the attention of a people as he walked towards the receptionist's desk.

"I would like to speak with the leader of the Aegis. I have a proposition for him."

Brahmastra

« Reply #923 on: July 04, 2014, 05:37:23 AM »

Enkidu didn't react to the Phantasmal Beast's outcry. Nor for the wingless dragon answering its challenge, nor the knight gathering prana for a formidable attack. His attention was focused on the man who had summoned the creatures. This man had answered him in the Unified Language without noticing, but the words he used were nothing but an affront to his close friend. The creation of the gods shook his head with an expression between disgust and pity.

"Humanity sure has become weak if it had to submit to leaders such as you. You are no King. This title belongs only to one man. You are but a pebble declaring shamelessly to be a mountain. The ant does not compare itself to the lion. You do not have possess the right to use that title. You do not have the shoulders to carry it. Your lack of respect towards Him is infinitely more deserving of death."

Enkidu spread his arms open.

"Come, King of Ants, I will teach you humility."

"Ants do not dominate the Beasts of the Gods by being ants, you degenerate eunuch. And yet here I stand. No King greater than I exists, and seeing as you are no king, I see not how you can prove me wrong", he snarled, "for no eunuch peasant shall tell me I am not supreme in all my glory!"

The air rippled once more, as bits and pieces of Rider's Reality Marble bend the world around him. Forth sprung many dozens of long necks clad with heads of hydras, aiming for the green-haired eunuch, as fire rained from the skies, the impacts opening the ground and melting stone. Ramesses scoffed at the thought, he did not bother to deal with attacks not even meant to strike him.

Lycodrake Aptera
Shawnee

Normally he would be annoyed and possibly aggravated with such arrogance, but truly The Sphinx leaping upon the air and taking a swipe at him with a paw, claws fully extended and heat and fire radiating, meant he had a chance to do something. Lycodrake Aptera twisted himself in the air. Fire and heat would not hurt him. A clawed paw outstretched meant that he would be within reach to attack.

Talons slashed at the outstretched limb. Even if this attack failed, he had other options. This arrogant king would know what the folly of dismissing him as a mere "lizard".

Talons bit into the Sphinx's skin, but it did not scream in pain or beg for mercy. Instead a roar of bloodlust came from it's wide jaws. It felt no pain from an attack so minor. The talons of the enemy bit not even a foot into it's leg, and holding the enemy in place, it brought down a massive paw upon the dragon's head, squashing it against the asphalt, it's claws cutting open the hairless rat's forehead.

"Ha-ha! That's right, prostrate yourself to the might of the King of Kings, you miscreant toad!"

The Sphinx, clever-minded as it was, the greatest riddle-teller of the world, noticed the many debris of rock scattered on the ground or flying through the air from the impacts of fire from the sky. It flooded the rocks with prana, peeled them into sharpened spikes and positioned them above the lizard, ready to fire at the moment it gave any more resistance.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:19:01 AM by Brahmastra »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 04, 2014, 09:22:30 AM »
Mordred saw opening in the Sphinx's guard as it dealt with that creature resembling a dragon. She charged her Noble Phantasm, and though reluctant to use it, she saw no choice.

Clarent Blood Arthur

She yelled out, a beam of blood tinted light charging towards Sphinx.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: July 04, 2014, 01:41:44 PM »
Lycodrake Aptera
Shawnee (?)

Talons bit into the Sphinx's skin, but it did not scream in pain or beg for mercy. Instead a roar of bloodlust came from it's wide jaws. It felt no pain from an attack so minor. The talons of the enemy bit not even a foot into it's leg, and holding the enemy in place, it brought down a massive paw upon the dragon's head, squashing it against the asphalt, it's claws cutting open the hairless rat's forehead.

"Ha-ha! That's right, prostrate yourself to the might of the King of Kings, you miscreant toad!"

The Sphinx, clever-minded as it was, the greatest riddle-teller of the world, noticed the many debris of rock scattered on the ground or flying through the air from the impacts of fire from the sky. It flooded the rocks with prana, peeled them into sharpened spikes and positioned them above the lizard, ready to fire at the moment it gave any more resistance.
Even when pushed down upon the tar covered earth, he could only think: To be called a lizard first and then a toad thereafter? What a foolish human, demigod or otherwise. Even then, Lycodrake Aptera only bowed to one goddess - she who had truly earned his respect and deviotion: Athena [Nike]. With this devotion and his service to her, he had gained a blessing that withstood even against his greatest weaknesses.

He could see the blade of energy that was aimed at the Sphinx, "Father of Terror", and knew what to do.

"Αἰγίς!"

Aegis, the most powerful Gorgoneion. In The Wingless One's case, a divine protection unmatched by all but the most blessed demigod heroes. Even as the energy blade slashed out from the knights sword, Lycodrake Aptera's body was shrouded in a golden cloak of energy, appearing as both cloth and metal. One hundred dragons' roars resounded as it covered him, announcing the lesser form of a power that was a peerless defense for Pallas Athena and her father Zeus.

No one could mistake the power that this blessing held. No one but a fool.

Brahmastra

« Reply #926 on: July 04, 2014, 03:30:18 PM »
Ramesses only saw the surge of blooming red after it was fired, a blood-colored beam of lightning and pure fury coming his way.

'Shit!'

There was only securing his own safety now, as the rocks darted down but bounced off the lizard's newly manifested magical defense. A black turtle shell, belonging to the Holy Beast Genbu, came in the way of Ramesses and the beam of hate as a last-minute defense, but even as it held defense capabilities equal to those of great Noble Phantasms, it could not hold against the beam for more than a second or two before it gave way, weakened but still strong enough to send him and the Sphinx that protected him with it's body flying.

As the dust settled, the Lion of the Gods still took footing, even as it's right side was burnt horribly and opened up like a exploding plum. Nothing short of absolute destruction would put a beast this strong down. Even if it were to perish, as the personification of the King of Kings' might, it would return to his service again and again after death so long as he lived.

Snarling, the King above all Kings was furious, his first opponent, the armored whore, had taken a pragmatic approach and simply unleashed her Noble Phantasm to try and clean off all three other contestants.

"You little bastard... I'LL HAVE YOUR HEAD!"

The ground next to the Saber gave way to massive claws on giant white-furred arms, tearing their way out of the pits of the earth. The female knight stood now face to face with the great Biblical Behemoth, the Primal creature of the earth.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 04, 2014, 06:31:38 PM »
Shiro

“Now now” He was moving his hand and disarming gestures, “No reason for any hostility, I just need to talk to him, we got business.”

“Ya mind taking-“ He was cut off by the sound of chains dragging along the floor and an odd voice.

The sound of chains being dragged around drew the attention of a people as he walked towards the receptionist's desk.

"I would like to speak with the leader of the Aegis. I have a proposition for him."

He turned to face the new arrival and his eyes hardened.

“Demon” he began, “Leave. Now. I am in no mood to deal with your kind.”

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 04, 2014, 07:02:28 PM »
MARY

Mary didn't relax despite his words. Only actions spoke louder than mere promises. She narrowed her eyes at the priest, as if knowing his promise of momentary peace would break in mere seconds. But the soldier heard something clinking from afar. Looking away from the clergyman, she saw the shape of some... monster trudging its way into the reception.

"I would like to speak with the leader of the Aegis. I have a proposition for him," the creature finally spoke.

Its voice caused her spine to shiver at how alien it sounded as her face remained taut in caution. Now her finger was really itching to bring out the Five-Seven right now. She couldn't help, but notice the cheery Father change his tune so quickly.

“Demon” he began, “Leave. Now. I am in no mood to deal with your kind.”

This is starting to get really ugly, Mary could tell.

"Ok, hold the hell up," the squad captain began with a hand up to gesture them to keep calm, "We don't need to start anything here right now. I didn't even get my morning coffee, and I don't wanna start this shit without it. Calm your jets, will ya?"

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 04, 2014, 09:30:13 PM »
Haruna Mochizuki

Haruna chuckled at Kiyoshi and his friend. 'What a nice little boy.' She thought to herself.

She then turned to Rider. "It's a bit of a long story, perhaps we could talk about it on the way back?"
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 05:59:02 AM by Milbunk »