Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) The RP  (Read 176504 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) The RP
« Reply #1290 on: August 06, 2014, 06:14:12 AM »
Fate

The demon was hiding something from Fate, and the fact did not evade his scrutiny. Apparently Asileron did not wish to be forthcoming with his true motivation to join his effort. Well, that was fine. Everyone had things they wanted to hide. But the world did not often look fondly on those that impertinently concealed the truth once it was known to exist, and could fall on them with even less forgiving disposition if it turned out to be a displeasing thing.

"Asileron. Let me make one thing very clear. I do not easily suffer those who attempt to deceive me for their advantage." Fate said, with a hard and cold bite that mirrored his intense gaze.

The harsh tension remained in the air for one second. Then two. Then Fate brought back his mug to his lips and drank a sip of coffee, and the pressure fell, melting away like the grave crease of the mage's eyebrows.

"Now, your proposition is an good one, and I am always in need of manpower, but I cannot very well hire you without even knowing what you can do. So tell me, what more concretely are your skills? What do you believe you can bring to the table as a member of AEGIS?"

Fate's voice had returned to its lax, aloof tone, and had quickly shifted to a professional state, questioning but polite, getting the goal oriented paradigm of its owner across to any that would listen.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 06:56:39 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: August 06, 2014, 08:23:50 PM »
Chosen Undead:

"So, have you come up with any plans?" the Knight asked Caules, taking advantage of the break in the conversation, "I'm sorry, but aside from planning routes and keeping an eye out, I have nothing."
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 01:19:08 AM by MissingMandible »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: August 06, 2014, 11:36:35 PM »
Asileron
"Now, your proposition is a good one, and I am always in need of manpower, but I cannot very well hire you without even knowing what you can do. So tell me, what more concretely are your skills? What do you believe you can bring to the table as a member of AEGIS?"

Asileron smiled. This was going much better then he expected. "It is much better to show then tell, but I'm afraid this room wouldn't survive my demonstration. I assume that you have a place that I can show off without causing property damage?"

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: August 07, 2014, 01:40:06 AM »
Zolgen

“Hmm” That was a shame, the capabilities of their systems for interacting with souls were similar, it appears his hopes were a dead end after all.

“I am afraid due to the amount of time my other project has been consuming I have very little to actually show you, although I might have something in the future.” Zolgan paused a moment before continuing, “That boy you were interested in, I have secured a contact with him that will ensure my ability to examine him. You are free to watch and discuss the results when the time comes. But please do not try and harm him.”

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: August 07, 2014, 03:02:17 PM »
"There is something there has been using a large amount of Stribog's power. It is unsettling. The only beings that should be capable of doing that is the Grand Master, but there are few things that he could not defeat alone. It is worrying."

Paladin began walking deeper into the sewer. He was sure that Stribog would guide him towards the area where the power was used.

"Don't worry, Hunter. We will reaquire your wagon right after I figure out exactly what happened.
"Okay, Striborg Grand Master, in trouble, okay. But if we reach the spot where you felt this happening and no one's there, we skedaddle and go get the wagon. I'm not going on a wild goose chase when, uh..." I was going somewhere with metaphors and comparisons, but I lost it halfway. I scratched my head a moment, until I just decided to wing it. "When my wagon's fucking missing!"

I started walking faster, passing the armored man. I walked far enough to a fork in the sewer road, and turned back to the paladin frustratingly.

"Well? Left or right?!"

My voice was cracked and my my arms were shaking, the invincible feeling the adrenaline gave me gone. The feeling was replaced by pure nervousness: What if someone wrecked my wagon? Stole all of my information? Dismantled the Sleipnir unit?

Brahmastra

« Reply #1295 on: August 08, 2014, 03:13:08 AM »

Benjamin

Benjamin watched the cat carefully as he followed Lorelei. It seems like their competition came to a premature halt.

This cat was dangerous, and despite his time in this city he has not heard of anything about it. It seems there were still things hidden in this place.

He did not talk to Lorelei, instead waiting for her to speak when she felt like it. He might not care much about her standing, but he was not stupid enough to annoy the Queen when she was already angry.

Lorelei, having vented most of her frustrations at passing walls on the walk of shame away, was still seriously annoyed. Not only had she let prey escape, she was also forced to back down by that godforsaken old cat. She had sworn revenge, hoping one day to be the one who could with satisfaction tear his rotten head from his corpse. Eventually she had asked her rival to sit down with her for a coffee in the middle of a cleaner part of town, a shop owned by an old fart who only took human customers. It was better than nothing, at least.

As she drank deeply from the cup, ignoring the scalding of her throat, she finally started to talk to Benjamin. She at least wanted to know this much.

"So... how many did you get?" The overtly dominating tone of her voice was gone, instead replaced with somber annoyance.

Amy

Amy picked up a piece of buttered piece of toast and took a bite out of it. “Fiore is so mean.” She mumbled as she pouted. “Wonder what is taking Mille so long?”

Amy was always more at ease in the morning, more relaxed and calm. What happened in the room this morning was only because Fiore was so easy to tease.

"I do wonder where Mille went? She got up earlier, do you think she ditched us?" Fiore asked quizzically, taking a sip of her Darjeeling as she looked at her phone. No new messages from Caules, it seemed.

Entertainment District.

A slight whimpering of a child pierced the absolute silence, and the voice of bare foot against the cold concrete followed it.
The shadow of a female walked to the cowering child slowly. As she walked further from the shadows, the sun-light caused her to be seen by the little boy. He let out a broken, shaking scream that was cut by his own hands pressing against his mouth. He crawled to the wall more and more, like he wanted to get in the wall and disappear completely.

The female didn't stop nor slow down a bit. Her leisurely steps kept coming closer. Finally she sat on her knees, and gently stroked his hair. The face that was expressionless all that time gave off a slight, loving smile.
The child saw everything. How his dad and his friends were slaughtered by the woman. The cold hand on his head gave a chill down his spine, yet, he was brave enough to look up at her right in the eyes with his teary ones.

Sakura didn't wait a second. As soon as their eyes met, her both hands grabbed the child by his neck, pinned him against the wall and started tightening.
The voices coming from the child wasn't as adorable as his face. He was squeaking like a pig, kicking the air, as his saliva ran down to his chin, then her bloody, cold hands. He dug his nails in Sakura's hands, causing them to bleed and her blood mixing with the victims'.
His eyes were locked to her frozen, red ones that reminded the child the flavor of dried blood in that moment. He tried to scream, scream with all his might, yet, nothing but a weak squeaking came out. As he tried to breathe again to try to scream once more, he simply couldn't. The hands on his neck didn't let him to do so. It was too tight now. And in that moment, he knew that it was time to die.

Sakura tightened her hands a bit more just to feel the neck cracking in her hands. She kept her hands there a few seconds more, just to be sure. When she couldn't feel the pulse any longer, she let go of it.
His body fell to the left side, his deep blue eyes still open and his long eye leashes were still wet.
Sakura stayed there for a moment, staring at the grey wall. Then she stood up slowly, pulling the child by his long, black hair and started walking without knowing where she'd go.

Terumi cackled in a clearly amused fashion from a shadow in the corner of the dark alley, looking on as one suffering bitch choked another. The latter was naturally not of the female gender, but to drop like that instead of fighting back was disappointing. He had wanted to see the brat run screaming at her in a panic, flailing before getting snuffed out.

"Oi oi oi, you just committed a first-degree murder, babe. On what grounds should poor little I not report that to the police?" He smiled in an innocent, yet condescending manner at the albino girl.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 03:13:57 AM by Christemo »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: August 09, 2014, 03:25:24 AM »
<Love. How quaint. An emotion divorced from rationality. What does one gain from love? Endorphins. I've felt love before, and I find it boring.> Really, the sniveling of the Whelp made him sick. <And your promises are hollow. If I wished it I could take his body as my own, wear his skin until it rotted away, or kill the body just to feel death. You should not lie to him. Such actions tempt me to show you the truth.>

The Hunter of Strix rotated his head slightly, leaning forward. <The truth, that you have no power to stop me. The only reason I haven't done as I said is because I simply do not wish to do so at the moment, Spirit. Reject your human emotions, for they lie. I do not. Whether or not you like my plans has no effect on them. I am merely being courteous in giving you the illusion of choice.>

Rider glared angrily at the monster as it gloated about her inability to protect Kiyoshi. She wanted to reply to its bullshit, to explain why she cared for Kiyoshi, and why he was worth protecting, but, whilst it might be lying about her inability to do anything to stop it, she couldn't be sure, and she certainly didn't want to provoke it into taking any action against Kiyoshi. It seemed to have decided to leave them be for now, and she saw no reason to kick the hornet's nest.

Still, it's worrying. My attack seemed to have no real effect, and Kiyoshi has no defence against it. I need to find a way to fight back, so I can protect Kiyoshi.

Rider was rather worried about Kiyoshi's well-being. This place was clearly far more dangerous than Fuyuki, and there were monsters here that she seemingly could not protect Kiyoshi from. Still, all she could do for now was wait for the monster to leave. Kiyoshi seemed to have already fallen back to sleep, and she just wanted to let him rest for now. Tomorrow, she could perhaps investigate further.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 03:27:29 AM by Cherry Lover »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: August 10, 2014, 04:54:37 AM »
Fate

Fate frowned. While he normally would not mind the proposition, and it would give him peace of mind to experience Asileron's abilities himself, even more so given he had no prior information to fall back on, he did not have the practical conditions to engage into yet another proving fight at the moment. He reached for the coffee mug and gave his answer.

"Unfortunately, our training area is not quite in conditions right now. I'm afraid I went slightly overboard. I do not wish to make a scene out in the streets, and it would be somewhat troublesome to request the Thunderdome, so we'll have to stick to talking for the moment." Fate took a long sip of his drink that finished what was left and placed the mug to the side with a satisfied smile.

"So, what powers and unique abilities do you boast? And your physical prowess? How does it match up to an ordinarily trained human fighter? Do you have any magical skill? Ah, and if I am mistaken, by all means correct me, but you are a kind of demon, are you not?" he began, firing off question after question.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 04:55:24 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: August 11, 2014, 09:47:15 PM »
Benjamin

Benjamin took a sip from his coffee, black of course. His jacket was closed as he sat across from Lorelei. He was thinking about that cat and how he had not heard of something so strong in this town, he would have to check with his contacts.

He thought for a moment before speaking. “Two hundred sixty seven” He said simply. In all honesty he would not be surprised if he lost; the Queen was a monster after all. He did not have her power or area of effect; rather he had accuracy and range, and when combined with his magic eye it was a deadly combo.

Either way he felt it was a close match.

Shiro

Shiro chuckled, “That must be an interesting experience, to share your body like that. To share everything on that level, it is incredible in its own way.”

Brahmastra

« Reply #1299 on: August 11, 2014, 10:30:00 PM »
Benjamin

Benjamin took a sip from his coffee, black of course. His jacket was closed as he sat across from Lorelei. He was thinking about that cat and how he had not heard of something so strong in this town, he would have to check with his contacts.

He thought for a moment before speaking. “Two hundred sixty seven” He said simply. In all honesty he would not be surprised if he lost; the Queen was a monster after all. He did not have her power or area of effect; rather he had accuracy and range, and when combined with his magic eye it was a deadly combo.

Either way he felt it was a close match.

"Not half bad for a second rate. But you're still a fair bit off." Lorelei spoke with a tinge of newfound confidence, taking a sip of her dark coffee. "Two hundred eighty one. With about two dozen unaccounted for, so I did not include them in that number."

"But to nearly match my pace is still quite impressive. I may just still give a good word about you in among the more anti-vampiric Lords."

Benjamin had shown himself to be competent if nothing else, and the Queen appreciated competence.

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: August 12, 2014, 12:04:54 AM »
"I'm sorry if I have burdened you with unnecessary pain. I thought myself dead too. What happened to me after we parted ways, I do not understand it myself. It felt... similar to a long slumber. Never truly conscious nor really awake. I simply wandered in thoughts for a period. I could tell time was passing but I had no way to tell how much. I was not master of my own body, only fated to stay in this state without the possibility to interact with the world beyond my own mind. My only wish was to meet once again my precious friend."

Gilgamesh's grin was wide as the two clasped forearms, like they had in the olden days.

"And I as well, Enkidu. It is good to see you standing once more."

A moment of silence passed where the King was assaulted with the memory of the last time he had seen his only friend - weak, pale, crumbling away in his arms. With a shake of his head Gilgamesh pushed the memory away; his friend was here now, and that was all that mattered.

"I woke up recently in this strange town, in an age where gods have ceased to exist. What were the odds that our paths would overlap in this day and place? I do not know why we could meet again but, I entertain the idea that our bond was stronger than concepts of time and death. In the end, there is nothing anormal about a treasure to go back to the one it belongs to?"

"You are not a tool or a treasure for me to wield. You are my friend, an equal to stand beside me - but I am glad that we can meet once more." The King made a dismissive gesture through the air, still grinning at Enkidu. "We will have time to talk at length after this. Who are your companions?"

"This dragon is a companion of mine, he proved to have a strong will and noble heart. Sadly, I cannot understand it for the  Unified Language does not seem to be used these days. Still, he proved its valor and fought by my side. Although I do not know its name, he's worthy of praise." Enkidu then spoke to the wyrm directly. "Wingless One, this is Gilgamesh, King of Uruk and my old friend."

Gilgamesh barely spared the wingless dragon a nod, but the fact that the King of Heroes had acknowledged the small dragon was, in his mind, recognition enough. That Enkidu had praised the creature did speak of something to the King, and he marked the appearance of the wyrm for further notice.

"This one joined as well. I am not sure why, but it looks somewhat familiar."

Gilgamesh let out a short laugh, and patted the sunbird on the beak.

"You may not remember it, my friend, but this phoenix roosted at our palace, once. We played many games with it, as I recall, and it left with joy... but those are older days."

He frowned, though it was not directed at Enkidu (it could never be), but rather something the Original Hero had thought of to himself.

"You may have noticed it, Enkidu, but many things walk these streets that should not. This city is strange, and winding, and for it's strangeness all manners of creatures have begun to surface, both good," He gestured to the phoenix. "And bad... tell me, have you seen anything strange as well? I have not observed the depths of the city in some time, now."

-----------

"This one seems to do a lot of that."

The gentleman let out a quiet chuckle.

Ah, indeed. It is rather rude, isn't it?"

"He does seem to be violent to nearly anyone he meets. But, forgive me for saying this for clarification's sake, you don't have an idea why he attacked you?"

The white haired man shrugged his shoulders with an almost noble sort of carelessness, if such a thing existed.

"Not at all. It appeared before us through a portal of some kind, and preceded to rudely interfere with our meal. A careless word from a companion of mine may have-"

The redhead's head had regenerated from the impact of the stake, and he immediately snapped at the cultured man.

"A careless word!? You shot me in the he-!"

The white haired man waved his hand in an idle, dismissive gesture, and Lucas's body was filled to the brim with stakes from every angle, of every size, skewering him so throughly that it was hard to tell where the stakes ended and his flesh began. The elemental slumped over, the spears that protruded through his body keeping him mostly upright. The gentleman's eyes narrowed.

"Do not interrupt me while I am speaking."

He cleared his throat in a polite, refined way, as if the violence that he had just inflicted on the other man had been of no consequence at all.

"As I was saying, a companion of mine made a mere, careless remark, and this beast mediately attacked us. It not only destroyed some of our property, but interrupted our otherwise pleasant meal."

The man refocused his gaze on Forest, strangely, not even seeming to notice Archer's questions. It was evident to those sharp enough that something was amiss, but the amiable gentleman that had so cruelly impaled Lucas from head to toe still looked on innocently.

"As I have stated, we request its deliverance from your household to administer a necessary sentence upon the beast. Forgive me for the imposition, but I do believe it would be wise of you to agree to our... request."

----------

"You have guessed correctly. I make no attempt to hide my nature, but few can easily recognize it. Sharp wits about you, I see. But... however you have discerned what I am, you would deign to know already who I am? I feel slighted."

Wanderer dispassionately nodded his head to the spirit, still holding Cina in his arms.

"Pardon me, Curse Master. I meant no offense. Most do not always grasp the complex nature of things unless they are easily presented."

"Well, in this case the two are not far, but I ask that you do not mistake my singular being as the representative of an equally singular personality. Besides, I wish no harm to the girl, and in fact am concerned for her health at the moment."

"I hope that you will forgive me when I say that I do not trust you. Of course, this decision rests solely on her judgement. To steal her choice ways would be too much interference as it is, I suppose..."

“I-I don’t...” Cina started to say before she trailed off.

Wanderer looked down at the redheaded girl in he was holding in his arms, and quietly spoke to her.

"You see, this spirit wishes to heal you, which I cannot do. I do not trust it, but it will heal you, though the results may not be what you desire. I will not interfere further on that, however - the choice is yours, Cina."

The girl had not told him her name, but he knew it already. The being that took the shape and complete form of a man knew the names of every being that had been involved in a war, and the girl that it held in it's - in his arms was no exception.
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: August 12, 2014, 12:42:49 AM »
Wanderer dispassionately nodded his head to the spirit, still holding Cina in his arms.

"Pardon me, Curse Master. I meant no offense. Most do not always grasp the complex nature of things unless they are easily presented."

Uchiten seemed nothing if not amused by the cowboy's reply, and non comittingly waved off any insinuation. This one understood more than his simple appearance would make others think.

"None taken. Exposition should be presented in an easy way, so it may be easier to digest... and enjoy. Whether you include a pinch of salt or not." he said.

"I hope that you will forgive me when I say that I do not trust you. Of course, this decision rests solely on her judgement. To steal her choice ways would be too much interference as it is, I suppose..."

“I-I don’t...” Cina started to say before she trailed off.

Wanderer looked down at the redheaded girl in he was holding in his arms, and quietly spoke to her.

"You see, this spirit wishes to heal you, which I cannot do. I do not trust it, but it will heal you, though the results may not be what you desire. I will not interfere further on that, however - the choice is yours, Cina."

The girl had not told him her name, but he knew it already. The being that took the shape and complete form of a man knew the names of every being that had been involved in a war, and the girl that it held in it's - in his arms was no exception.

Uchiten chuckled darkly.

"Oh, I could heal her, but I doubt the consequences would be pleasant. And at the moment, grim irony is not what I seek." He paused, pushing his shades unnecessarily up the bridge of his nose, a tic that seemed to mellow the mirth on his voice before referring to the girl, "One of my companions, however, is true of skill and results, if tricksy of demeanor, and she could and would help you if I so ask and call for her, my dear."

He left unmentioned Homura's rather enthusiastic appreciation for fair and cutesy girls of talent, and how she would heal her without his request if she so much as caught sight of her form. If nothing else, it'd get a cheap laugh out of him.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 12:44:15 AM by YOLF »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: August 12, 2014, 03:36:00 AM »
Cina Prayer

Cina looked at the man holding her in surprise, her exhaustion immediately flying away as adrenaline began to circulate due to her mostly disguised panic. How did he know her name, she has barely spoken and had definitely not spoken her name. Her gratitude was eaten away by suspicion and she bit her lip.

To be stuck between two people who you cannot trust, powerless to do anything yourself, you are rather limited in your options. If she was healed then perhaps…

She turned her head to the spirit and spoke, “I will graciously accept your friends help.” She was cautious of course, but at the moment she doubted she could even channel Sanctus if the connection was not blocked. 

She could only hope that this man who currently held her would not allow harm to befall her; she even briefly looked at him as if to convey the message, ‘Please assist me if he is lying’.

She did not know who to trust, so she only hopped this would be resolved peacefully.

Benjamin

The blue haired man sighed, “I would be very grateful if you would.” More connections were always good after all. “But of course that implies we find a way back. From what I have learned it seems there has never been a known case of someone leaving” he added, it seems like Lorelei was not registering the fact that she might very well be stuck here.

Elf

• Mistress of Porn
  • Moon Cancer
  • Mistress of Porn
    • View Profile
    • The Law Unto Herself Chronicles: A JukePop Serial
« Reply #1303 on: August 12, 2014, 03:59:40 AM »
Forest flinched as Lucas was impaled with enough stakes to pin him upright.  The redhead hung limply from his perch as he was made a giant pincushion of stakes.  There was something unnerving about the "man" before her, and then then the guy had just made with the wood.

This guy was casually impaling people because he sort of felt like it.  Despite the pretty words, there was something off about him.  She listened to his "story", but something wasn't right.  In fact, this felt very wrong, and considering this guy attacked someone who asked for her protection in her house . . .

This isn't going to be my brightest idea but, sod it all.  He asked for my help and protection.  I'm not going to let Crazy Stakes A Lot get a hold of him, Forest thought as she stepped forward, putting herself in front of Wynn and Archer.

Forest folded her arms across her chest and said, "No, I don't think I'll release him into your 'care', even if you have to reap your vengeance and swearing on your fuckin' mum and all of that."

"Forest, have you gone even more mad?" Wynn asked with a sigh and a shake of her head.

The blond pointed to Lucas and said, "You just made him a goddamn pin-cushion.  I think your thirst for justice has been slaked.  You came into my home uninvited, you get, and now you're trying to get me to hand over someone who asked for sanctuary.  So no, I'm not going to give him to you, so you can kindly sod off."

Wynn sighed, rubbed her forehead and said, "Of course she had to get cheeky with the wizard . . ."

Lancer grinned and asked, "You wanna get something to eat first?"

As he talked, the Bartender turned on the big flat-screen TV above the bar and flicked over to the news.  "Detective Frost, what do you have to say about these rash of murders of late?"

"Magic users are being targeted and being killed without prejudice," a soft, male monotone voice said.

A familiar female voice added, "We would recommend that any magi, witch, wizard, or any magical practitioner not venture out alone at night." 

"The hell," Lancer whispered as he looked at the TV.  A familiar petite blond was standing there dressed in jeans and a leather jacket.  Her hair was pulled back into a pony tail and her green eyes sharp and focused.  She looked a little more developed, not the girl-child who taunted him about having an axe.  Beside her was a guy who could give Diramuid of the Love Spot a run for his money for his good looks.

Lancer pointed at the TV and asked, "Is it just me, or is that Saber on the fucking screen?"

« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 04:25:36 AM by Elf »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: August 12, 2014, 05:33:30 AM »
Archer

Archer didn't mind that he was blown off. Because Forest was just as transfixed as he now was on the man standing there, completely impaled with spikes.

Seeing for himself that the living pincushion had incredible regeneration, he knew deep down that the guy could probably shrug it off. In fact, you could almost find it funny, provided that your sense of humor was dark enough. Archer didn't have much of one at the moment. This sort of thing tended to wear away at it. Plus it prodded at his moral sensibilities a bit. But really, deep down, he knew the guy would be fine, and it might be worse for both everyone in the room and Hakuno if he tried to interfere.

So he just stayed where he was, his guard up, no weapons deployed, but at least ready enough to spring into combat if need be in a flash if the situation called for it. Though really, he should be used to this sort of thing by now. Just a regular day in the Moon Cell seemed like about a regular day in the Nexus. The latter was just weirder.

Rin
Lancer grinned and asked, "You wanna get something to eat first?"
"Sure, that might be a good place to-" Her voice caught in her throat at the sound of a very familiar voice coming from the television.

The blonde, green-eyed girl on the screen. It can't be. ...No. It has to be. I could be wrong, this place has a tendency to surprise, but...

"The hell." Lancer pointed at the TV and asked, "Is it just me, or is that Saber on the fucking screen?"
"It's not just you," Rin replied softly. With some focus, driving her mind away from her own concerns for a moment, she smiled her most winning smile. 

"Would you happen to know about where that news broadcast is being shot? Not the most romantic first stop on a date, but then, I feel like satisfying some curiosity today."

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.