Author Topic: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) The RP  (Read 176372 times)

Dallas

• Snoop Dogg's Dog
  • Spiritron
  • Woof
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects: Rebirth (2.0) The RP
« Reply #1350 on: August 18, 2014, 05:46:43 AM »
Having found a decently warm pair of jeans for the current chill going through this city, Revy made her way down the road. She had literally nothing to do, and wasn't quite sure where Rock was, so just began to wander. The thought of going to a bar crossed her mind, but she shook it off. That would be more enjoyable later in the evening. Surely there was something else she could do--

CRASH!! The sound of something loud and metallic came from down the street in the direction of the Police Station. Assuming there was an accident on the busy road, Revy ran down the sidewalk to see what the fuck was going on. Before her eyes deemed no sign of what actually happened, though the result of whatever occurred was apparent. Standing there was none other than her partner Rock, hand on the shoulder of... "...a Knight of the Round table? What kind of stupid joke is this?" With a curious smirk across her face she approached the scene.

--

The officer shoved his badge in Rock's face, defending the girl upon her visual request. He wasn't quite sure what it was he said, as he was too distracted by the abnormal set of teeth the man seemed to possess. It sent a chill down his spine, reminding him of a certain maid whom gave off a similar atmosphere. Though compared to her, this man seemed harmless merely holding a badge rather than a gun concealed in an umbrella. Regardless, Rock knew he had to tread carefully. "With all due respect sir, you don't seem to be doing anything but watching these two play improv, one of them quite possibly believing it isn't an act! If you won't call an ambulance, then I--"

"Jesus Christ Rock, can't I leave you alone for a few hours without you getting your ass into some sort of trouble?"
"Revy, where did you--"
"That Golden Rule place was way out of our budget, so I checked out a cheaper place just down the street. That ain't the issue here though. You're stirring up shit again, don't think I can't tell. If Mary Kate and Sir Lancelot here wanna flirt then fucking let them." Her eyes turned towards the cop still holding his badge in Rock's face. "Put your cock back in your pants, pal," she said as she smacked his hand the fuck out of Rock's face. "I'll take him out of your hair. Come on Ro--"

As if out of nowhere, the random man in armor began screeching like he just lost his car in roulette. Now pushing Rock out of harms way, Revy cleared a three meter distance between herself and the three strangers with her Cutlasses dead aimed at the screaming buffoon. "The fuck is this guys deal!?"

"I don't know, but he took a direct hit from a speeding semi and walked it off like it was nothing! I think he needs medical attention!"

"He'll get a reason to go to the hospital if he doesn't calm the fuck down!" Upon closer analysis of the situation it seemed as though his attention was solely fixed on the cop. She lowered her cutlasses, but still kept them in a fir grip. "Hey, Mary Kate, your pets are fighting. Put a muzzle on them."

OOC: She's calling him Sir Lancelot as a clever nickname, she doesnt actually know he is Lancelot.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 05:49:46 AM by Dallas »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: August 18, 2014, 10:38:56 AM »
Rin
He looked at the screen and said, "Aye, I know exactly where that's at.  I can get us there in a blink if you don't mind me carrying you."  His smile turned a slight bit wolfish at that.
Rin hesitated for a moment, her cheeks flushed. And then quickly gave him an enthusiastic grin.

"Carry me away. It's the fastest way to get there, and besides. This is a date, after all. What's more romantic than being carried high in the air though the city?"

She didn't let it cut through her grin, but Rin couldn't help but feel a pang of regret. The last person to carry her high in the air through a city was Archer. But... no, she couldn't let that bother her now. That was then. This was now. She needed to enjoy what was happening in the present. After all, as she had told Archer so soon after they had first met, she was the master of her own universe. If she was going to maintain that, she couldn't let the past haunt her. She had to live for today.

Lancer smirked and said, "So, you up for a wee bit of a run then?"

She offered her hand to him, a glint in her eye. "I'm up for it. Take me away!"

Mille

There was nothing. Nothing but the weight, and the exertion, the sweat, and the movement. And Mille was fine with that.

Since breakfast, Mille had changed into clothing more suitable for a good workout. A sports bra, some shorts, some practical looking white sneakers, all of which she'd hidden away in her bag. All of which revealed Mille to be surprisingly toned, her abdominal muscles even showing some definition.

She was starting with an overhead weight. About 20 reps per set. Enough weight that she didn't overexert herself, but enough to present a challenge.

So focused was she on her repetitions that the red headed magus barely even noticed the blonde who dared trespass in her exercising domain.

Quote from: Luvia
"So you must be Mille Garrison." She gave a deceitfully curt bow as to maintain her image. "Luviagelita Edefelt. A pleasure."

Mille didn't stop for a moment, and just spoke while continuing to lift her weight, her voice tinged faintly with exertion.

"That's my name, you're correct. And if I recall correctly, you are the one who was originally intended for this mission? You need to be less careless, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to usurp you position as I did."

There wasn't a hint of cattiness or mockery in the girl's words. Her face and tone of voice conveyed that she stated it as a simple fact, unwavering for an instant except from her workout. Perhaps with a touch of disapproval, but not too significant.

She hardly even noticed Amy come in either, or the comment about Luviagelita's drills. Still not stopping with her reps for an instant, Mille continued.

"So then, what business do you have with me? Are you here to confront me on that particular incident, or are you here to talk to Tohsaka?

Tom: Afternoon 2

Tom had to admit. He wouldn't mind having cooking of Archer's calibur again. In fact, he wouldn't mind it at all. If Archer was going to be a regular resident, perhaps that was a reason to stay. But that wasn't what primarily concerned him at the moment.

What concerned him at the moment was the racket on the roof. It was rather noisy, and it was almost to the point where small pieces of the roof would start falling on him. If this kept going, whole chunks would start falling down, and then maybe the whole floor. And it would be a considerable hassle to have to relocate now. Besides, he was in a good point in his book, he didn't feel like leaving just yet.

With a sigh, he put down the book and fished a cloak that seemed rather too tall even for him out of his bag. A few moments later, the clothing he'd been wearing before was neatly folded and stacked on his bedside table, his glasses on top. His only garment now was the cloak, which mysteriously seemed to fit him just fine, though it was still quite long, to the point where his feet were completely hidden. A flap of cloth on the opening of the hood concealed all of his face but his eyes and forehead, and even they were somewhat concealed in shadow.

Oh yes, it looked rather odd. But it was better than the alternative. It was easier to explain away a bizarre choice of clothing after all than the true nature of his identity.

He flopped back on the bed, and with a wave of his now rather oddly shaped hand, the complex was now shielded with a visible, glowing barrier that could take any of the blows from the pointless yet heavy battle above and then some. Sadly, there was only so much he could do about the racket, but it would suffice.

With that, he went back to his reading, expending some of his focus occasionally to make sure his barrier was still intact. It was quite the hassle, but better to have to maintain the barrier and keep a roof over their heads than have to tolerate both the noise and the rooms above him crashing on top of him as well.

Hakuno, Archer: Afternoon 2

Hakuno looked up with some alarm at the cacophony coming from above. But the sounds soon changed. A bit more muffled, almost as if the two massive fighters were hitting against something that was not the roof at all. And a quick glance at the walls seemed to show some form of glowing whitish-blue aura peeping out occasionally. So... did that mean the place was protected now? In any case... well, there wasn't much she could do about it, so she turned her focus back to Archer.

The Servant was carrying a tray of sweets. Fruit flavored all, as a glance at Forest's refrigerator had led Archer to the belief that the vampire was rather fond of that sort of thing, particularly citrus. He turned to look down at Hakuno as the girl tried to nudge him toward Forest's room.

"The commander over there might have some priority over us, Master. We just might have to wait our turn."

"Do we really have to wait? You're just delivering some dessert to go with the tea the Other You brought, I'd think they'd let you through for that. Besides, I'd think Forest would appreciate it more than having someone talk to her about more stuff. So you can just go in, deliver the sweets, and get out."

"The problem is that there's already a ton of people crowded around that door. We can't just force our way past them all to deliver some-"

"Please, Archer? Pllllleeeeaaaaasssse?"

Hakuno, recalling some of Tom's reactions to her from earlier, decided to see if she could use the charm she seemed to have to her advantage, and looked up at Archer with large, pleading eyes.

He looked down at her for a long while. Then sighed.

"Rin's been a bad influence on you, I think. Fine, I'll do it."

Hakuno looked about ready to jump up and down with joy as the former herald of Justice made his way through the crowd with the dessert tray, looking somewhat exasperated.

"Coming through, I'll be out of your way soon enough. I just want to get these to Forest while they're at their best."
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 11:59:58 AM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: August 18, 2014, 04:56:57 PM »
Songbird:

The victory of crushing the Hooded Man's legs was short lived. The intruder managed to escape, and he somehow regrew his legs. What else, he turned his arm into a gigantic blade.

Songbird didn't honestly care about that; he was in full on attack mode. The complete and utter destruction of the enemy was all that mattered to him.

When the Hooded Man charged, Songbird swiped at him from the left, knocking him clear off the building. The manbird then took off into the air in pursuit.

Dallas

• Snoop Dogg's Dog
  • Spiritron
  • Woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: August 18, 2014, 05:53:15 PM »

Mille

There was nothing. Nothing but the weight, and the exertion, the sweat, and the movement. And Mille was fine with that.

Since breakfast, Mille had changed into clothing more suitable for a good workout. A sports bra, some shorts, some practical looking white sneakers, all of which she'd hidden away in her bag. All of which revealed Mille to be surprisingly toned, her abdominal muscles even showing some definition.

She was starting with an overhead weight. About 20 reps per set. Enough weight that she didn't overexert herself, but enough to present a challenge.

So focused was she on her repetitions that the red headed magus barely even noticed the blonde who dared trespass in her exercising domain.

Quote from: Luvia
"So you must be Mille Garrison." She gave a deceitfully curt bow as to maintain her image. "Luviagelita Edefelt. A pleasure."

Mille didn't stop for a moment, and just spoke while continuing to lift her weight, her voice tinged faintly with exertion.

"That's my name, you're correct. And if I recall correctly, you are the one who was originally intended for this mission? You need to be less careless, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to usurp you position as I did."

There wasn't a hint of cattiness or mockery in the girl's words. Her face and tone of voice conveyed that she stated it as a simple fact, unwavering for an instant except from her workout. Perhaps with a touch of disapproval, but not too significant.

She hardly even noticed Amy come in either, or the comment about Luviagelita's drills. Still not stopping with her reps for an instant, Mille continued.

"So then, what business do you have with me? Are you here to confront me on that particular incident, or are you here to talk to Tohsaka?

She did not falter her exercise routine as she spoke; a commendable action to take. Were the roles reversed Luvia would not with to break her own focus either. It seemed this one was a bit more respectable than Tohsaka, if not incredibly more blunt. She was about to speak when she heard a rather rude comment from some woman behind her. The one further back in the wheelchair politely remained silent. Merely glancing at them, she turned her head and continued.

"True, true, it was due to that incident that I was partly to blame myself for my delayed arrival, though to remove Sapphire from my custody was truly a surprise."
"It all worked out for the better for you nonetheless," Diamond said fluttering out of her right drill of hair. "You are now graced with my presence."
"You are more... respectable than Sapphire, I guess. So far as I can tell you are less of a headache."
"Then we are in agreement."

"Indeed." Luvia refocused her attention to Mille. "Nevertheless, it seems you two have done enough slacking too make them regret that decision. The Wizard Marshal himself had vouched for me to be sent in unrestricted. The Towers faith in you is starting to lack it seems." She flipped her over her shoulder. "You would be wise to adhere to your own lecture, Mrs. Garrison. Now as to my reasoning of being here, I intended to find Tohsaka here though it seems she has already left. I was hoping to converse with her as to what she might have turned up in the few days shes been here but it seems she is absent.Do you know where she has gone? I was told she left with a blue haired man."
"Surely nothing inappropriate to conduct during a mission from the Tower," Diamond chimed in once more. "That would be a most unfortunate report my master would need to file in."

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: August 18, 2014, 09:39:56 PM »
Lycodrake Aptera

He was in the presence of versions of heroes that mankind and sentient creatures alike revered for their deeds even in his world.  He dared not interrupt. He had seen the look in Gilgamesh's red eyes. In all fairness, he could not deny the demigod's superiority - the pair before him had taken on Hambuba and the Bull of Heaven and many more creatures of greater power than himself dozens of times. What was he, a lesser spawn of Typhon and Echidna, to that? Nothing.

Yet his draconic pride burned with indignation in the pit of his chest against such dismissal, no matter the perpetrator. He could respect the hero-king Gilgamesh, but his instincts cried out for respect from the man.
And so its focus shifted, to the small beast of Gaia that stood to the side, watching the king and man of clay speak to one another. Lightly hopping off Enkidu it landed on the floor, before hopping over to the dragon, its size changing to be similar to the dragon.

It just then stood in front of it and chirped happily.
His attention turned away from the conversation between the heroes, his thoughts, and to the phoenix that had accompanied the hero-king. He tilted his head in curiosity at the elemental of fire and light before him, for he had never seen one, when it chirped at him. The wingless one didn't know what it wanted from him, but perhaps it just wanted to say hello?

With a small nod of acknowledgement, he responded in kind - hoping that he had understood it. He disliked misreading the intended speech of others.

"I greet you, phoenix."
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 09:41:00 PM by Lycodrake »
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: August 19, 2014, 03:22:32 AM »
MERCER

Mercer's charge was abruptly halted by an enormous spiked fist in his face. The power the man-bird-thing had put into the blow was far greater than he would have guessed, and the infamous Monster of Manhattan was sent skidding across the roof on his back, smashing through an AC unit that happened to be in the way.

Touching the ground with his palms, Mercer flipped himself upright and grabbed the AC unit that had been dragged with him in his tumble as he skidded near the fence that marked the edge of the compound. Now armed with a heavy object to throw, the sentient virus momentarily focused the biomass that made up his new legs and jumped high into the air, just in time to clear the fence as the momentum from the avian robot’s blow continued to send him beyond the building's perimeter.

ZEUS watched as his opponent take to the air in pursuit, an irritated frown crossing his features. He hadn't come here with the intention to do battle, and now this Law Unto Herself character was probably going to be harder to deal with now that her roof had been fucked up. Unfortunately the only option at this point was to destroy the machine if he wanted to be able to go about his business here in peace.

The BLACKLIGHT virus channeled a disproportionate amount of biomass into his arms, causing them to turn a dark grey color and bulge gruesomely. With his effective arm strength greatly enhanced, Mercer hurled the AC unit he was holding down at his pursuer like a meteor.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:23:04 AM by Kaze »
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: August 19, 2014, 05:09:01 AM »
Phoenix

Phoenix let of a series of chirps at the dragon’s greeting.  Then, without warning it flapped its wings a torrent of warm fire surrounded the draconic beast.

As the flames dissipated however the dragon was no longer standing on the ground, instead slightly lifted off the ground, a pair of large flaming wings connected to its back.

The flames of Phoenix only burned what it wanted them to, and the flame spirits it created where capable of influencing the world as physical entries. And so Phoenix tightly packed them and had they wrap around the dragon. They would only be maintaining that form for a short while,

It noticed the annoyance the dragon was feeling about not being acknowledged, so Phoenix wanted to make it happier. Dragons often flew through the sky but this one seemed to be unable to. And so Phoenix simply allowed it to enter the sky as its brethren do.

And so Phoenix flapped its wings and lifted itself into the air as it looked at the dragon with its head tilted, waiting to see its reaction. 

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: August 19, 2014, 05:46:49 AM »
“I will graciously accept your friend's help.”

"He is not my friend… but if that is what you desire."

Wanderer carefully approached Uchiten, and laid Cina on the snow between them before backing up a few steps, his boots crunching the snow underfoot. He caught the look that the girl gave him, and nodded back. 'I promise' - that was the message his nod conveyed.

He had tarried a little too long in this region. Tempers were rising throughout the neighborhood, fights being close to breaking out. He could feel it. Even so, the cowboy did not leave his place in the snow.

Uchiten clasped his hands together and smiled wryly. "Excellent!" he said, and he evoked his shikigami through the mental link they shared, inserting sharp urgency into the call. Mirth was in his eyes when he slowly moved closer to the girl, stretching up to her side unlike a stranger or even just an acquaintance would.

"Give it a bit, my shikigami shall be here shortly." Uchiten so spoke, not touching the spirit medium at all even though his restrained movements gave the idea that he wanted to reach out and clasp her shoulder, or maybe her hand, with the same overtly friendly feeling exuded by his body language.

Truth to his word, it was less than twenty seconds before a feminine figure came hurling high through the air, landing from a wild jump to a perfectly graceful, but rushed finish near them. With a huff and a pouty frown over her blue eyes, Homura stalked towards Uchiten as she began to speak.

"Geez, what's the matter master, call-" But the kitsune stopped, eyes recognizing the other two individuals there at the same time as her intuition took note of what Uchiten had long since noticed.

In a flash of white, Homura had all but jumped at the red haired girl, sparkles in her eyes, a mad waggle in her tail, and hands help up to her chest in a giddy way. If Uchiten was uncomfortably close to the girl, then Homura had trampled the line altogether and almost looked like she was physically accosting her. The kitsune's mouth started to babble off, rapidly switching between tones of question and excitement and wanting awe.

"Kya! Uchi-sama, who is this cute girl? And she's so powerful too! Oh wait, is she the one who did that just now? Wow, wow, wow!"

The onmyouji, however, didn't have time to answer or comment, being interruped before he started by his familiar suddenly shifting gears. He only had a somewhat dry, but amused grin to offer, listening to the situation progress.

"You're hurt! Gunununu, I see, this is why I am needed!" Homura said, half addressing the spirit medium and half bragging to a non-existing audience. Her tone did not subdue when she continued, pride clear on her face, "Don't worry! I am great at healing, so I'll have you fixed up in no time! Trust me!"

There was an unidentified fluster growing on the fox youkai's face as she said this that would not escape the other girl, the distance between their faces shrunk even more. But nonetheless, her ears twitched, and her tail swang in increasing hesitation from one side to the other, clearly asking for a response before her patience ran out.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: August 19, 2014, 07:11:12 AM »
Cina Prayer

Cina felt the cold on her back as she was laid down. It was apparent Stribog’s power was only a remnant at this point, the cold from the snow causing her to start shivering.

She hated the cold, the cold reminded her to much of the grave, and of the feeling she felt when she surrendered herself to the Grave Keeper. This was nothing compared to that nothingness, to that infinite void. But even still it was a bitter reminder. 

She tried to scooch away from the spirit as he moved close to her. Normally it would not be much for her, but she was still not used to the fact that a spirit had a material form in addition to the odd feeling he gave off. But before she could say anything something landed not too far away.

"Geez, what's the matter master, call-" the new arrival began, but before Cina could even look in her direction she was hovering over her. 

"Kya! Uchi-sama, who is this cute girl? And she's so powerful too! Oh wait, is she the one who did that just now? Wow, wow, wow!"

"You're hurt! Gunununu, I see, this is why I am needed!" Homura said, half addressing the spirit medium and half bragging to a non-existing audience. Her tone did not subdue when she continued, pride clear on her face, "Don't worry! I am great at healing, so I'll have you fixed up in no time! Trust me!"

Cina just let her eyes go wide as she grew flustered as the incredibly eager girl’s face drew closer to her own, until there was not even a hair's breadth between them. “I-I-I... uhhh… I-I w-w-would…” Cina trailed off. Why was she worried, she obviously just wanted to help her.

"W-would you please heal me?”
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:56:51 PM by Knick »

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: August 20, 2014, 03:54:33 AM »
Songbird:

The Hooded Man did something unexpected: He through one of those big metal boxes right at him! Songbird saw it quickly approaching, yet didn't have time to move out of the way.

Pain!

The impact knocked the manbird not only off-course, but flat out of the sky! Shrieking, Songbird nearly clipped the compound as he fell down to the ground. At the last moment, he corrected himself for a landing by thrusting out his legs and expanding his wings.

The pain in his stomach was intense, almost as bad as the night before. However, the burning hatred he felt for his new enemy overrode survival instincts.  With a high-pitched scream, Songbird returned to the air and prepared another diving attack. This time, with a crunched A/C Unit in hand...

Elf

• Mistress of Porn
  • Moon Cancer
  • Mistress of Porn
    • View Profile
    • The Law Unto Herself Chronicles: A JukePop Serial
« Reply #1360 on: August 21, 2014, 03:44:02 AM »
Quinn didn't blink as the loud mouthed Asian woman approached, calling the Japanese guy Rock, and asking if he got himself into trouble again.

Then she said something about Quinn putting his cock into pants when she slapped his hand away. 

First thing he realized she was fast, especially for a human, and then there was the moment of skin on skin contact.

Blood.  Guns.  A tall American black guy.  Booze, lots and lots of booze.  A PT Boat.  Violence.  Explosions.  A regal Russian blonde woman who was half covered in burn scars.  More guns.  Blood . . . And death . . .

His canines throbbed in response and he had to clinch his jaws.  She smelled like gunpowder, booze, sweat, and guns.  Whoever this woman was, she didn't just walk hand in hand with Death.  She pushed it into a broom closet and fucked its brains out with wild abandon.

The clairvoyant could taste the blood and booze on his tongue and smell the sulfur in the air.  For a moment he was lost in the vision he'd gleaned from her.  It wasn't intentional, not when meeting someone new anyway.

Dark blue eyes dilated before going back to normal.  Before he could retort, he heard, “RAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHH!”

Fuck me, what the fuck is going on now? he thought as he turned to see Saber's friend distort.  A black haze over came him, obscuring his features and armor save for the glowing red from his visor.  His stance changed as he stepped between his former king and the dhampire.

"Fuck," he whispered emotionally to himself as the woman, Revy the remains of the vision supplied, took a stance with her guns.  He put his badge up but didn't pull out his glock.  He reasoned that the gunslinger was good, but she was human.  Quinn was half and half something else.  Something better.  Something dangerous.

"Enough!" Saber's voice rang out with bell like clarity, the former king's natural charisma and bearing forcing everyone to look at her.  She walked up and placed her hand on the knight's shoulder and said, "Lancelot, my friend, as . . . rough . . . as Quinn shows himself, he would never harm me.  Please, be at ease.  We have quite a bit to talk about and I am growing hungry.  Matters such as this would be best handled as we dine."

Then she looked at Revy and said, "That said, we mean you no ill will, but your associate did interrupt a private moment between my friend and myself.  His intentions were pure, but admittedly he was making a nuisance of himself when the situation proved to be beyond his means.  I apologize for this situation."

Quinn felt the ache in his jaw fade as laughter bubbled up in its place.  He quelled it for the most part, but he couldn't help his snicker at Saber's words.  Her green eyes narrowed at him as she said, "This is not amusing, Quinn."

That made him actually laugh.

Wynn frowned and asked, "Why would you ruin it so?  Part of the joy of the drink is the ritual.  Drinking it as you are now simply dulls the senses.  It does not bring you to the higher enlightenment that the true potion brings."

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: August 21, 2014, 07:59:42 AM »
Wynn frowned and asked, "Why would you ruin it so?  Part of the joy of the drink is the ritual.  Drinking it as you are now simply dulls the senses.  It does not bring you to the higher enlightenment that the true potion brings."

"Then pardon me for deliberately drinking it in the wrong way." Rattus said to her. "You are right. Drinking absinthe in its pure, unlouched form is simply an exercise in achieving a state of drunken stupor. However, I must tell you, as you seem to be also aware of absinthe's effects to the human mind and psyche..."

He then quickly tipped back his glasses before he went on. "...What I need right now is to regulate my senses a bit, lest my senses be too clear and I lose all semblance of proper etiquette and discipline. I am aware of the French ritual, I assure you, but I only reserve to do such if the occasion calls for it."

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: August 21, 2014, 10:29:07 AM »
MERCER

The improvised projectile hit home, and the bird tumbled from the sky. Mercer refocused the excess biomass from his arms to create four long, bladed tentacles from his torso. Projecting where his opponent would land, ZEUS cut lose with a wide-angle sweep from all of his newly created appendages, intending to slice the stupid bird into useless strips of metal even as gravity began to pull him back to the earth.

It didn’t work out as he planned. Somehow the thing managed to right itself and land on its feet with wings fully spread. It only took a single powerful down stroke from the wide, leathery appendages to lift the man-bird-machine into the air once more, the tentacle barrage doing little more than carving up the ground and snow beneath it.

Mercer withdrew the tentacles back into himself as he hit the ground hard enough to cause the earth to crack and buckle beneath him. He heard his enemy screech and looked up to see the avian predator preparing another diving attack, this time with the AC unit clutched in its claws. This time, however, the Monster of Manhattan knew what to expect. Both of his arms warped and expanded, the left forearm transforming into a sickly looking black and red shield, while the right arm once again turned into a long scythe-blade. Firmly planting his feet, Mercer held up his shield to take the dive-bomb he knew was coming, and readied his weaponized arm to cut the bird in two.

LANCELOT

The commanding voice of his former king made the Knight of the Lake cease glowering at the pretty boy in favor of looking over his shoulder at her. The young woman placed a hand on his shoulder and addressed her former knight.

“Lancelot, my friend, as . . . rough . . . as Quinn shows himself, he would never harm me. Please, be at ease. We have quite a bit to talk about and I am growing hungry. Matters such as this would be best handled as we dine.”

Her tone was soft, strikingly so, compared to the time Lancelot had spent in her service. Back then it had always been strictly businesslike and professional. However, even with the newfound warmth in her voice, the look in her eyes clearly brokered no argument. Processing her request as an order, he gave her a quick nod and relaxed his stance, hands falling to his sides unclenched. The obscuring fog surrounding him faded and his armor became clear once more.

Arturia then turned to speak to a nearby man and woman with foreign features that Lancelot hadn’t seen arrive, and the pretty boy – Quinn, he was called – apparently found something she said amusing. Looking around at the gaping crowd, the former Berserker class servant realized that he had made quite a scene out of whatever proceedings had previously been taking place. His cheeks flushed with shame, a feeling he was all too familiar with now, and was grateful for his helmet.

DieDieDieDie-

Lancelot shoved the voice from his mind, redoubling his resolve. He refused to allow himself to succumb to whatever evil spirit seemed to have taken root, but if the commoners started using their magic flashing lights and asking questions again it wouldn’t make things easy. Although hesitant to speak, the dark knight decided that the need to be elsewhere overshadowed his embarrassment.

“Yes, we should leave.” Hopefully right away.
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

Dallas

• Snoop Dogg's Dog
  • Spiritron
  • Woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: August 21, 2014, 07:05:18 PM »
Revy couldn't help but snicker at the blonde twit's comment about Rock's actions. Even a goodie two shoes like her was giving Rock's actions a lecture. "Whatever Princess, he meant no harm. And like I said, keep a tighter leash on your pets or Rock's piety will be the least of your problems." She turned around and started walking, but stopped again. "Especially that one." She was glaring into the eyes of the cop that was giving Rock trouble.

"Come on Rock, lets get the fuck outta here." Slinging her arms behind her head, she started walking back towards the harbor.
"Hey, wait up Revy!" The two groups went their separate ways.

"Don't think this is any different from Roanapur, Rock. If anything it has the potential to be worse by the looks of it."
"Worse? I have a hard time believing that--"
"Take a hard look around, Rock. We ain't in fuckin' Kansas anymore. This place... isn't human. And I don't mean any of that inhumane action bullshit you were spouting when you first came on board, I mean it literally is not human. Those people... were something else. They were dangerous, powerful. I have a feeling they'd be harder to take down than that maid."

Rock was very confused, but yet still knew what she meant. The teeth in that man's mouth were unlike anything a human should have had. "And that man... he got hit by a semi and was able to just walk it off... Plus that blonde girl mentioned something about magic users. Here I thought she had to be talking about the card game, but... you don't think she actually meant it do you?"
"I think I saw Sasquatch eating a hotdog on my way here. I don't know what to think. One things for sure, I aint walking around this shithole without a god damn grenade launcher strapped to my back. Lets just go down to the Lagoon for a bit then head to a bar."
"Sounds like a good idea."
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 07:06:40 PM by Dallas »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: August 21, 2014, 09:19:13 PM »
Forest blinked at Henry's statement and said, "Well, when you can't go out for twelve or more hours of the day, you need space.  If not, you go a little nutters."

Then she sighed and said, "Its not something to be jealous of.  Big empty space with only you to occupy it.  Either the cabin fever or the loneliness will do you in."

There was another knock on the door that she didn't recognize and one of the voices of the Space Marines going, "Excuse me."

Her eyes narrowed.  She hadn't invited these people into her home.  They needed help, which is why Henry brought them here, but there was something off about them.  She had a feeling if she lived in their society she would have totally started a rebellion.  She was about to open the door and ask what did they want when there was a loud crash over head that made the building shake.

"Oh, what now?" Forest asked, her voice thick with sarcasm.
"I'm not sure exactly what, but it sounds like something on your roof." Archer said, in an offhanded tone. "Here. Drink the tea." He shoved the fragrant cup of liquid into the vampiress's hands, looking towards the door as well.