Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? General Discussion  (Read 125648 times)

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? General Discussion
« Reply #315 on: November 25, 2014, 03:15:34 AM »
he said so in his post, dumbum

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 25, 2014, 03:18:26 AM »
Mike, does Rider have detect evil? Because she seems to be seeking out Sakura like a bloodhound.

No, she saw her.

Rider noticed a large, black, evil-looking magic circle appear on the ground.

Real talk, Mike, but since when did Rider have Detect Evil?

The impression I got from Bdoom's post was that the magic circle gave off an aura of being obviously evil (and looks obviously evil), and Rider is capable of detecting magic. Plus, she knows what evil magical energy feels like, since she was connected to Sakura and, therefore, indirectly connected to Angra Mainyu.

Mike, did you just use a A+ rank NP.

You do realize the impact of it getting close would kill Sakura, right?

Bellerophon isn't a beam spam thing, it's just a bridle that can be used to control mounts that cannot otherwise be controlled. Rider can control how it is used. She's not going to use it like she would if she was attacking Saber or similar, she's going to fly down and smash through the doors with just about enough force to get through, without causing widespread damage.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 03:24:33 AM by Cherry Lover »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 25, 2014, 04:43:45 AM »
Mike. One more thing. The Order (Ivan's trio) are checked in at that hospital, so you kinda shouldn't destroy it and/or risk destroying it.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 25, 2014, 04:47:52 AM »
Mike. One more thing. The Order (Ivan's trio) are checked in at that hospital, so you kinda shouldn't destroy it and/or risk destroying it.

Sakura is inside the hospital. That fact alone ensures it is not going to be destroyed, because neither Faust nor Rider are willing to allow Sakura to come to any harm. And, if Ivan's trio go after Sakura again, they're going to have two servants beating the shit out of them this time. And Rider will actively enjoy hurting them if they are going after Sakura.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 25, 2014, 04:50:49 AM »
I don't think Neo's suicidal.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 25, 2014, 04:52:33 AM »
inb4 Sakura gets Ninja'd by Henderson or Adjutor.

/jk

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 25, 2014, 05:44:49 AM »
Sakura is inside the hospital. That fact alone ensures it is not going to be destroyed, because neither Faust nor Rider are willing to allow Sakura to come to any harm. And, if Ivan's trio go after Sakura again, they're going to have two servants beating the shit out of them this time. And Rider will actively enjoy hurting them if they are going after Sakura.

There are three problems with this:
1. Neo merely insulted Sakura. Just because someone insulted you doesn't mean you have an excuse to kill them.
2. Rattus and Yukina did absolutely nothing to Sakura. In fact, they tried stopping Neo.
3. The Order tried helping her initially but she refused, so Neo insulted her, causing Sakura to attack not just Neo, but the whole Order, despite Neo solely being the culprit.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 05:47:08 AM by Ivan The Mouse »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 25, 2014, 05:47:29 AM »
1. Neo merely insulted Sakura. Just because someone insulted you doesn't mean you have an excuse to kill them.
2. Rattus and Yukina did absolutely nothing to Sakura.
3. The Order tried helping her initially but she refused, so Neo insulted her, causing Sakura to attack not just Neo, but the whole Order, despite Neo solely being the culprit.

Can the Order escape under their own power?

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 25, 2014, 06:42:51 AM »
Can the Order escape under their own power?

Neo can at least sense it.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 25, 2014, 10:41:48 AM »
The impression I got from Bdoom's post was that the magic circle gave off an aura of being obviously evil (and looks obviously evil), and Rider is capable of detecting magic. Plus, she knows what evil magical energy feels like, since she was connected to Sakura and, therefore, indirectly connected to Angra Mainyu.

Pot calling the kettle black, since you know, Rider's Neutral Evil.

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 25, 2014, 11:21:41 AM »
Bellerophon isn't a beam spam thing, it's just a bridle that can be used to control mounts that cannot otherwise be controlled. Rider can control how it is used. She's not going to use it like she would if she was attacking Saber or similar, she's going to fly down and smash through the doors with just about enough force to get through, without causing widespread damage.

I'm sorry to bug you about this Mike, but I'm not sure Pegasus and Bellerophon can actually do that. To my understanding, the pegasus can splatter humans and shear buildings in half just by flapping its wings too close, even without Medusa using the reigns on him. A+ Anti-Army Noble Phantasms are designed for that sort of thing, after all. I get that your Rider is AU-ish so maybe you have it made differently so it only damages what it touches, like an Anti-Unit NP. I would appreciate clarification on this, since whether or not the hospital gets a side blown out can affect how I roleplay one of the characters I have yet to introduce.
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 25, 2014, 11:51:29 AM »
I assumed Mordred saw the flash made by Bellephoron and she is on the way to see if there are any survivors.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 25, 2014, 02:01:12 PM »

2. Rattus and Yukina did absolutely nothing to Sakura. In fact, they tried stopping Neo.

You think Rider cares about either of these? As far as Rider is concerned, Sakura could randomly attack some guy on the street for absolutely no reason, and if they fought back she would defend Sakura from them 100%.

Well, Neo was being a complete asshole for no reason. As for the rest, they weren't really involved, no, but they did seem to be backing Neo up.

Pot calling the kettle black, since you know, Rider's Neutral Evil.

No she's not. Nasu claims she is Chaotic Good, but I would call her Chaotic Neutral, personally.

She doesn't hurt people for her own gain, she simply protects those she cares for. That is a Neutral alignment, not an Evil one.

I'm sorry to bug you about this Mike, but I'm not sure Pegasus and Bellerophon can actually do that. To my understanding, the pegasus can splatter humans and shear buildings in half just by flapping its wings too close, even without Medusa using the reigns on him. A+ Anti-Army Noble Phantasms are designed for that sort of thing, after all. I get that your Rider is AU-ish so maybe you have it made differently so it only damages what it touches, like an Anti-Unit NP. I would appreciate clarification on this, since whether or not the hospital gets a side blown out can affect how I roleplay one of the characters I have yet to introduce.

Well, Pegasus never got as far as the side of the hospital, so the question is moot. But, whilst you're probably right that Pegasus can cause a lot amount of damage very easily, the damage caused by flying into a wall (which doesn't involve flapping wings) is a matter of Pegasus' momentum and nothing else. If Rider walks along the road very slowly on Pegasus, people aren't going to spontaneously fall down dying. And, it's certainly possible for people other than Rider to be near to Pegasus, even entirely human ones. For example, she uses Pegasus to rescue Shinji in Fate and, whilst her rapid escape does cause damage to the hallway, Shirou and Rin are not harmed by it due to standing out of the direct line of Pegasus' movement.

Also, technically, Pegasus isn't a Noble Phantasm. Bellerophon is the Noble Phantasm, and that is very specifically a set of reins that allows her to control a mount.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:04:34 PM by Cherry Lover »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 25, 2014, 02:12:18 PM »
You think Rider cares about either of these? As far as Rider is concerned, Sakura could randomly attack some guy on the street for absolutely no reason, and if they fought back she would defend Sakura from them 100%.

She lacks a moral compass if she takes it out on people who just defend themselves from unwarranted aggression.

No she's not. Nasu claims she is Chaotic Good, but I would call her Chaotic Neutral, personally.

She doesn't hurt people for her own gain, she simply protects those she cares for. That is a Neutral alignment, not an Evil one.

Medea, Medusa, same shit. :p

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 25, 2014, 02:14:58 PM »

She lacks a moral compass if she takes it out on people who just defend themselves from unwarranted aggression.

Rider isn't going to go after Neo's group unless Neo's group goes after Sakura first. But, if someone is attempting to hurt Sakura then she will defend Sakura regardless of who is at fault. If Sakura is responsible then she's more likely to show them leniency, though, and at least make an effort not to kill them outright.