Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? General Discussion  (Read 125657 times)

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? General Discussion
« Reply #330 on: November 25, 2014, 02:17:28 PM »
You think Rider cares about either of these? As far as Rider is concerned, Sakura could randomly attack some guy on the street for absolutely no reason, and if they fought back she would defend Sakura from them 100%.

Then that would put Rider into cahoots with the Nexus police force, since that is considered legally as murder already.

Well, Neo was being a complete asshole for no reason. As for the rest, they weren't really involved, no, but they did seem to be backing Neo up.

Neo was angered by Sakura's sardonic tone, so he called her out of it in his usual manner. It's not a no-reason barrage of insults.

As for them backing up Neo, it's because Rattus needs him and Yukina still likes him, despite his horrendous attitude.

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 25, 2014, 02:18:50 PM »
Rider isn't going to go after Neo's group unless Neo's group goes after Sakura first. But, if someone is attempting to hurt Sakura then she will defend Sakura regardless of who is at fault. If Sakura is responsible then she's more likely to show them leniency, though, and at least make an effort not to kill them outright.

Rattus' group did not try to hurt her at first. In fact, they tried to help.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 25, 2014, 02:27:45 PM »
Your posts made it clear Neo expected her to attack after that. He's not blameless.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 25, 2014, 02:44:19 PM »
You think Rider cares about either of these? As far as Rider is concerned, Sakura could randomly attack some guy on the street for absolutely no reason, and if they fought back she would defend Sakura from them 100%.

Then that would put Rider into cahoots with the Nexus police force, since that is considered legally as murder already.

Rider couldn't care less about the Nexus police force. Hell, she doesn't even know the Nexus has a police force (and certainly not one that is powerful enough to threaten her)....

Well, Neo was being a complete asshole for no reason. As for the rest, they weren't really involved, no, but they did seem to be backing Neo up.

Neo was angered by Sakura's sardonic tone, so he called her out of it in his usual manner. It's not a no-reason barrage of insults.

Neo came up to Sakura and started bothering her, so Sakura told Neo to piss off, and then he acted like a complete dick.

As for them backing up Neo, it's because Rattus needs him and Yukina still likes him, despite his horrendous attitude.

My point is that they were not uninvolved.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:44:52 PM by Cherry Lover »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 25, 2014, 02:48:05 PM »
Rider couldn't care less about the Nexus police force. Hell, she doesn't even know the Nexus has a police force (and certainly not one that is powerful enough to threaten her)....

Thank God there is Saber in the police force.

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 25, 2014, 02:53:42 PM »

Saber is in the Nexus police force.

Neo came up to Sakura and started bothering her, so Sakura told Neo to piss off, and then he acted like a complete dick.

Nope. They came up to her, offered help, Sakura refused it sardonically, Rattus just offered her a business card and then they were about to leave, when Neo had to insult her first before leaving. Then voilah, Sakura just snapped and attacked the three for the fault of one.

My point is that they were not uninvolved.

But they weren't. In fact, Rattus just handed out a business card instead, while Yukina just kept her mouth shut the whole time, only speaking to make Neo stop mouthing her off.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 25, 2014, 02:57:18 PM »
I like how Mike has made Rider an enemy of a bunch of people in CE already.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 25, 2014, 03:04:13 PM »

Thank God there is Saber in the police force.

Rider has no particular reason to go against the police force. She's not intending to go around killing people without reason or anything like that.

Saber is in the Nexus police force.

And what possible reason would Rider have for knowing that at this stage?

Nope. They came up to her, offered help, Sakura refused it sardonically, Rattus just offered her a business card and then they were about to leave, when Neo had to insult her first before leaving. Then voilah, Sakura just snapped and attacked the three for the fault of one.

They came up to her and offered help. She said she didn't need it, but they continued to pester her anyway, because obviously no-one is allowed to reject them, until Neo insulted Sakura and Sakura snapped. As for attacking the three, they were pretty obviously a group, and Sakura was obviously angry.

I like how Mike has made Rider an enemy of a bunch of people in CE already.

OK, firstly, Rider never blew the fucking doors off the hospital. If you read the post I made, Pegasus never got that far. So, I don't know what the hell caused the damage Henderson is seeing.

Secondly, Rider has so far made an enemy of absolutely no-one. She's not attacking Saber or anyone else. The only people she is an enemy of is anyone who tries to harm Sakura, or anyone who attacks Rider first. Neither of those are remotely unreasonable. If someone attacks you, you fight back, regardless of who they are or why they're attacking, and if someone is trying to harm the person you will protect above anything then obviously you're going to protect that person. That is just common sense.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 25, 2014, 03:12:10 PM »
Erm, it still says that the doors have been destroyed. Nothing has happened to cause that destruction. All of the fighting has been very carefully aimed at places where Sakura isn't.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 03:12:48 PM by Cherry Lover »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 25, 2014, 03:13:53 PM »
Erm, it still says that the doors have been destroyed. Nothing has happened to cause that destruction. All of the fighting has been very carefully aimed at places where Sakura isn't.

One of the beams Faust fired off did it. The smaller ones. According to Bdoom, they flew about in a random pattern and he said it wouldn't be a stretch to for some of them to hit the building.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 25, 2014, 03:15:18 PM »
Secondly, Rider has so far made an enemy of absolutely no-one. She's not attacking Saber or anyone else. The only people she is an enemy of is anyone who tries to harm Sakura, or anyone who attacks Rider first. Neither of those are remotely unreasonable. If someone attacks you, you fight back, regardless of who they are or why they're attacking, and if someone is trying to harm the person you will protect above anything then obviously you're going to protect that person. That is just common sense.

She is attacking Faustus. Fleeting acquittance of my character, and unfortunately she cannot stand up to Rider in direct combat, but will try her best in the situation if she arrives on the scene before it is all settled.

At least my Mordred would trust Faustus who already kept his word once over a complete stranger who is attacking him.

---

Also Deborah spying on Forest, Shirou and co (but haven't heard any details of their convos yet), but unfortunately for her stairs betrayed her presence.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 25, 2014, 03:20:03 PM »

One of the beams Faust fired off did it. The smaller ones. According to Bdoom, they flew about in a random pattern and he said it wouldn't be a stretch to for some of them to hit the building.

OK, fair enough, I guess, although it seems odd that he'd be so careless with Sakura inside the building, and no-one noticed the damage before....

She is attacking Faustus. Fleeting acquittance of my character, and unfortunately she cannot stand up to Rider in direct combat, but will try her best in the situation if she arrives on the scene before it is all settled.

No, she's not. Rider hasn't made a single attack on Faust the entire time, she just jumped on Pegasus and headed for Sakura.

She was just walking along minding her own business and he suddenly attacked her out of nowhere. What is she meant to do? Just stand there and let him kill her? And, if your character shows up, I'd expect Sakura (and, by extension, Faust) to take Rider's side over hers. Rider is someone Sakura cares for and trusts, after all.

At least my Mordred would trust Faustus who already kept his word once over a complete stranger who is attacking him.

You have a really fucked-up definition of "attacking" which seems to include "doing absolutely nothing to provoke him aside from existing and then making no effort whatsoever to cause him harm whilst dodging his attacks"....

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 25, 2014, 03:26:16 PM »
Mordred saw what she was, I mean flash of light near in a district full of civilians. At very least, if she learns Rider is behind it, she will be pissed off about going gungho with super powers around civilians.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 25, 2014, 03:26:42 PM »
OK, for Christ's sake, Ivan, the hospital is not that badly damaged. Pegasus never even touched it, and a few of Faust's light beams hitting the doors is not going to cause the entire building to collapse.

Mordred saw what she was, I mean flash of light near in a district full of civilians. At very least, if she learns Rider is behind it, she will be pissed off about going gungho with super powers around civilians.

And Faust spamming fucking magic attacks all over the city doesn't bother her? Rider wasn't going fucking "gung-ho", she was fucking defending herself. What else was she supposed to do?

Still, if your character is determined to be a fucking idiot, then that's your choice. You're the one who is responsible for the consequences, not me or Rider.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 03:28:10 PM by Cherry Lover »

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 25, 2014, 03:28:19 PM »
And what possible reason would Rider have for knowing that at this stage?

You do said that no one in the police force is powerful enough to threaten her.

They came up to her and offered help. She said she didn't need it, but they continued to pester her anyway, because obviously no-one is allowed to reject them, until Neo insulted Sakura and Sakura snapped. As for attacking the three, they were pretty obviously a group, and Sakura was obviously angry.

They were about to leave after Rattus handed out the card. Neo just insulted her before leaving. They didn't continue to pester her. Read the damn backlog and see for yourself.