Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? General Discussion  (Read 125682 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? General Discussion
« Reply #345 on: November 25, 2014, 03:33:53 PM »
And what possible reason would Rider have for knowing that at this stage?

You do said that no one in the police force is powerful enough to threaten her.

No, I said that Rider doesn't expect there to be anyone in the police force who is powerful enough to threaten her.

They came up to her and offered help. She said she didn't need it, but they continued to pester her anyway, because obviously no-one is allowed to reject them, until Neo insulted Sakura and Sakura snapped. As for attacking the three, they were pretty obviously a group, and Sakura was obviously angry.

They were about to leave after Rattus handed out the card. Neo just insulted her before leaving. They didn't continue to pester her. Read the damn backlog and see for yourself.

Yeah, I've read the backlog, and the first thing Neo says, even before Sakura says no is "this bitch is crazy". Not exactly the best way to endear yourself to someone....

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 25, 2014, 03:37:47 PM »
Yeah, I've read the backlog, and the first thing Neo says, even before Sakura says no is "this bitch is crazy". Not exactly the best way to endear yourself to someone....

Yes, but he did also say that they should get out of there because Neo thinks she is crazy, as if he just wants to leave her alone because she doesn't want help. But then, after Rattus hands out the card, Neo started his rant against her, and then they were about to leave when she attacked.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 25, 2014, 03:38:54 PM »
That rant pretty much hit all her triggers.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 25, 2014, 03:40:16 PM »
No, I said that Rider doesn't expect there to be anyone in the police force who is powerful enough to threaten her.

Nope. You specifically said:

[...](and certainly not one that is powerful enough to threaten her)....

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 25, 2014, 03:46:10 PM »

Yes, but he did also say that they should get out of there because Neo thinks she is crazy, as if he just wants to leave her alone because she doesn't want help. But then, after Rattus hands out the card, Neo started his rant against her, and then they were about to leave when she attacked.

Sure, but Neo was still being constantly insulting throughout the discussion (calling someone "crazy" to their face is definitely insulting). Given the "crazy" jibe, you can't blame Sakura for being snarky back and, whilst I don't really think she was right to attack Neo, nor was he right to respond to her natural annoyance at his comment with more insults, and she was very definitely provoked.

Nope. You specifically said:

[...](and certainly not one that is powerful enough to threaten her)....

Yes, and the Bible says "God does not exist". You can prove just about anything by taking quotes out of context.

If you look at what I actually said, in full context, you'll find that the meaning is very different:

Hell, she doesn't even know the Nexus has a police force (and certainly not one that is powerful enough to threaten her)....

The first part of the statement, outside the brackets, refers to Rider's knowledge of the existence of the police force. Given that, it should be obvious that the second part, inside the bracket, is also referring to what Rider expects, and not the actual reality of the situation.

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 25, 2014, 04:00:08 PM »
Sure, but Neo was still being constantly insulting throughout the discussion (calling someone "crazy" to their face is definitely insulting). Given the "crazy" jibe, you can't blame Sakura for being snarky back and, whilst I don't really think she was right to attack Neo, nor was he right to respond to her natural annoyance at his comment with more insults, and she was very definitely provoked.

Well, the first thing Sakura said to Rattus after he offered help was "No, I don't. Do I know you?" or something like that in a sardonic tone. She was already snarky before the insults at her.

And even then, you can't justify shooting someone who simply called you crazy, because that only proves you are one.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 25, 2014, 04:00:34 PM »
The Knight of The Summer to the 'rescue'.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 25, 2014, 04:01:44 PM »
This is starting to become a serious clusterfuck. Good luck to anyone still in there.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 25, 2014, 04:04:25 PM »
Have you guys really been arguing about the meta-justification of in-character actions since this morning?
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 25, 2014, 04:05:02 PM »
It's all Mordred's damn luck and being unable to ignore every flash of light and explosion.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 25, 2014, 04:06:00 PM »
Also, who's David Archer? Can't find no sheet.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 25, 2014, 04:11:45 PM »
YOLF, you beautiful human being you! :D

git in the skype i can't solve all this alone
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 04:12:18 PM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 25, 2014, 04:15:46 PM »
This is starting to become a serious clusterfuck. Good luck to anyone still in there.

Well, Rider and Faust have currently stopped fighting, and I doubt they will start again with Sakura around. Rider is unlikely to be overly threatening to Mordred, because she'd assume she's Saber, and she knows Saber is not going to kill Sakura without reason.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 25, 2014, 04:18:09 PM »
It happened so quickly Mordred is all "What".

Imagine that face Rin made in UBW anime.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 25, 2014, 04:27:31 PM »
OK, Bdoom, please take back that post. You never gave me the chance to respond to your last one.