Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? General Discussion  (Read 125664 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? General Discussion
« Reply #390 on: November 26, 2014, 12:57:03 AM »
I bet my money on the rabid dog.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 26, 2014, 01:15:57 AM »
I have a plan to survive longer.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 26, 2014, 01:30:06 AM »
Throw him a bone?
Well, pray luck is in your favor.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 01:31:33 AM by francobull3 »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 26, 2014, 01:38:22 AM »
If faust deals with medusa he'll move to aid mordred.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 26, 2014, 01:41:44 AM »
OK, Faust is just plain ridiculous. He has a shield that Rider literally cannot break with anything short of Bellerophon (I've asked), that moves with him when he moves, doesn't need to be taken down to cast other spells and which he can allow people who he wants to pass through through. It requires no prep time and seems to have little mana cost. And it's not even mentioned on his sheet beyond a generic "he has spells" thing. It's not even his most powerful spell, either.

How is Faust not too OP? It is quite literally impossible for Rider to fight him, or just about anyone else who can't spam extremely high-powered magic or Noble Phantasms.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 01:45:06 AM by Cherry Lover »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 26, 2014, 01:45:43 AM »
Somebody should have picked Shiki.
The guy eats OP for lunch.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 01:52:06 AM by francobull3 »

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 26, 2014, 01:58:14 AM »
OK, Faust is just plain ridiculous. He has a shield that Rider literally cannot break with anything short of Bellerophon (I've asked), that moves with him when he moves, doesn't need to be taken down to cast other spells and which he can allow people who he wants to pass through through. It requires no prep time and seems to have little mana cost. And it's not even mentioned on his sheet beyond a generic "he has spells" thing. It's not even his most powerful spell, either.

How is Faust not too OP? It is quite literally impossible for Rider to fight him, or just about anyone else who can't spam extremely high-powered magic or Noble Phantasms.

>Caster
>Made a deal with the Devil himself
>Still complaining about this after ~ two hours

If you're so upset, just wait for the GMs. Bdoom just revised his post, too.
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 26, 2014, 02:18:27 AM »

>Caster
>Made a deal with the Devil himself
>Still complaining about this after ~ two hours

Yeah, my point is that he's OP. And, this is the first time I posted a complaint on here. Elf and Names don't read the backlog of the CE chat (or any other chat), whereas I would expect they do read posts on the forum.

If you're so upset, just wait for the GMs. Bdoom just revised his post, too.

Yes, I am waiting for them. And, Bdoom's change to his post doesn't affect the shield stuff.

Honestly, at very least I think his sheet needs more detail. Something like that shield needs to be explained better.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 26, 2014, 02:19:00 AM »

WELCOME TO THE POWER OF A MAN WHO SOLD HIS SOUL TO THE DEVIL HIMSELF.

Seriously Mike, chill. You're kinda being a petty little shit about this just because Bdoom doesn't want his Caster ganked or you to you know, try to write a fanfic with his Sakura.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 26, 2014, 02:23:07 AM »

WELCOME TO THE POWER OF A MAN WHO SOLD HIS SOUL TO THE DEVIL HIMSELF.

Seriously Mike, chill. You're kinda being a petty little shit about this just because Bdoom doesn't want his Caster ganked or you to you know, try to write a fanfic with his Sakura.

I don't mind him not wanting Faust ganked. I do mind me having literally no way to even try to fight him. Particularly since Rider is not going to let him run away with Sakura.

As for the Sakura thing, I discussed the whole idea with Bdoom before I had Rider arrive in the Nexus, and he is the one who attacked me, not the other way around. None of this situation was caused by Rider's actions, at all.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 26, 2014, 02:25:48 AM »
Faust is not one to be killed with strenght, why not try to defeat him trough guile and trickery?

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 26, 2014, 02:30:24 AM »
Faust is not one to be killed with strenght, why not try to defeat him trough guile and trickery?

You are now my personal hero. Whatever you may have done in the past, I now love you (no homo) for your understanding of the need for more subtle tactics when faced with overwhelming power.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 26, 2014, 02:36:12 AM »

Because he has a fucking shield that cannot be broken. Nothing much you can do about that....

Also, the problem is that he has Sakura. Rider is worried about what he might do to her.

I don't expect Rider to brute-force him. Hell, the stuff with Pegasus was pretty much exactly what you're suggesting. But, right now, Rider's priority is Sakura. She can't allow him to take her away and sacrifice her to his evil gods or whatever other nefarious thing Rider probably thinks he's going to do once she's out of range....
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 02:37:29 AM by Cherry Lover »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 26, 2014, 02:41:14 AM »
Why not use sakura against him?
He clearly needs her to be around, so find a way to create a rift between them.
Rider knows sakura well, you should thus know how to trigger a divide between them, and use it to defeat him.
He is after al her servant, she has a veto right on all his decisions for now, make her use it!
Be diplomatic, do not fight either, you will clearly lose.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 26, 2014, 02:43:54 AM »
Why not use sakura against him?
He clearly needs her to be around, so find a way to create a rift between them.
Rider knows sakura well, you should thus know how to trigger a divide between them, and use it to defeat him.
He is after al her servant, she has a veto right on all his decisions for now, make her use it!
Be diplomatic, do not fight either, you will clearly lose.

Because Rider assumes he is attacking Sakura (or attempting to kidnap her). If she knew Sakura was going with him willingly, there would be no fight, because Sakura is all Rider cares about right now. And Sakura has so far given no indication to Rider that she knows Faust (both Rider and Faust have claimed to be her servant, but neither believes it).