Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? General Discussion  (Read 125942 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? General Discussion
« Reply #675 on: December 28, 2014, 06:15:07 PM »
But he can't summon diarmuid, I hope it is clear.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 28, 2014, 06:19:27 PM »
Oh well yeah he'd need to be in a Grail War for that to happen and I'm fairly certain Cross Effects has nothing like that going on right now.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 28, 2014, 06:22:41 PM »
All the servants are holdovers from some grail war or another, yeah.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 28, 2014, 09:29:36 PM »
Makes sense, it's a very situational object, it might not ever even be used but I figured that if this was a Kayneth who appeared out of the blue then he'd have that on him so he does.

Also second character is done, I'll probably make one more before I officially start. I don't know who remembers but Cross Effects used to be on Beasts Lair a very long time ago. This guy was one of my first characters on that even though we didn't do much back then.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 28, 2014, 09:57:29 PM »
It wasn't quite Cross Effects IIRC, but I remember something extremely similar, yes.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 09:58:02 PM by Cherry Lover »

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 30, 2014, 02:55:28 AM »
You know, I was wondering if we couldn't just simply try to reorganize the whole CE into something more manageable for all members and staff. Like make a huge board on its own like: Type Moon, Other Fandoms, General Discussion, Unlimited Creativity Works , and Board Issues.

That way we can put in specific buildings and areas as its own sub-boards in CE's own board section. If you want to RP? Make a thread for the event. But in the Subject section you can put in "tags" to invite only specific people to join, right next to the title of the thread itself.

Something like these:

No Tags: If there are no tags, then anyone can join. The thread is open.

[Open]: Like above. Anyone can join if they wish.

[Closed]: Only the thread creator is allowed in. This is usually used for solo training.

[Locked: Thread interactions are finished. Tag to be added once event is finished.

[Private]: Only those invited may join.

[Member/Character Name]: Thread reserved for thread creator and character/member names only. A list of names can be added too for additional members to join.

[No Combat]: Non-combat thread. Non-violent interactions.

[No Death]: Fights may be allowed, but no deaths. However, you will never see this in a Plot Event as you must be prepared for your character to die.

[WIP]: Thread that has yet to be finished. Do not join until it is finished and the tag is gone. Usually used for character creation.

[Mission]: Mission thread. Succeeding in finishing the Mission may give you rewards. But failure may give you nothing or death.

[Plot Event]: Plot Event thread. Something will happen to advance the plot. Expect death if you are not careful.

Example of Tag Usage:  Subject:   Blah Blah Blah Something [Closed]

So some members can have some control who gets to join in this specific event and keeps some order in the RP itself. Since we've had quite a bit of fuckery in 2.0 and some of 3.0 so far, I think this could help. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 02:57:00 AM by Puck-Chan »

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 30, 2014, 03:27:31 AM »
Ah, so like every separate instance of character interaction would have its own thread basically, in which the rules would be laid out via tags, and could also be used as a way to tell other players that they won't be taking anyone else, preventing massive gaggles of PCs in the same place. It might also prevent some characters (read: Henderson) from just flitting about from event to event doing completely random shit and interrupting what might have otherwise been a serious or perhaps intimate moment. It's a rather good suggestion.

The free form nature of CE means that what starts as a friendly reunion could, under the right circumstances, become an RP-wide plot event, but I assume that were such a thing to happen either the tag would be altered to reflect the new situation or the particular thread would close and a new one with the proper tag would open up where the previous left off.

The main issue I think is the way people's antagonists work, especially one like mine. He can and will assault someone out of the blue when he thinks they are vulnerable. Would antagonists, with GM permission, be capable of hijacking No-Death or Open tags and turning them into Plot Events? One way or another I think antagonists should have special rules regarding what sort of shit they're allowed to pull and where. They exist to incite conflict, to force the PCs to get out there and make them stop.
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 30, 2014, 03:33:00 AM »
The main issue I think is the way people's antagonists work, especially one like mine. He can and will assault someone out of the blue when he thinks they are vulnerable. Would antagonists, with GM permission, be capable of hijacking No-Death or Open tags and turning them into Plot Events? One way or another I think antagonists should have special rules regarding what sort of shit they're allowed to pull and where. They exist to incite conflict, to force the PCs to get out there and make them stop.

So as long as they talk it over with the GM's, I don't see why not.

> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 30, 2014, 03:38:33 AM »
I think that might just overcomplicated the RP a bit. But that's just me.

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 30, 2014, 03:40:24 AM »
I think that might just overcomplicated the RP a bit. But that's just me.

Which is why we can set up a timeline thread to keep track of what's happening so far. People are responsible to post into to help keep track of what happened to their characters and others.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 30, 2014, 04:40:59 AM »
I don't think we need it, there aren't enough people in the RP, and there are too many areas in the RP. And we certainly don't need explicit restrictions on who can join a group, IMO (in particular, I dislike the idea of a "private" thread, because that allows people to just be excluded from the RP entirely). There are situations where people shouldn't just show up out of the blue, but that can be dealt with by just talking to people.

Also, the entire RP is "no death" unless players say so, so a "no death" tag on threads is pointless. I also don't think Antagonists should be treated differently in terms of what they can do. Not all non-antagonist characters will be friendly with other non-antagonist characters, and I don't think they should automatically be restricted from doing things like attacking characters they have issues with just because they're in a "private" thread.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 04:42:40 AM by Cherry Lover »

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 30, 2014, 05:25:24 AM »
I don't think we need it, there aren't enough people in the RP,

And we have a lot of characters. Your point? Also ~20 people in a RP is considered so so in the Forum RPing communities. Which we have.

and there are too many areas in the RP.

And? Then we partition some of these buildings and places into districts as the sub-boards.

And we certainly don't need explicit restrictions on who can join a group, IMO

2.0 and 3.0 says otherwise. Too many people joined into one place and led to a clusterfuck that is harder to follow. You can try to ask to join even when tags are set in, I think people here are very willing to let others in if you try to reason with them. I mean, hey. Would you want Hamara to barge into your Rider BDSM scene for no reason other than to fuck your shit up?

(in particular, I dislike the idea of a "private" thread, because that allows people to just be excluded from the RP entirely). There are situations where people shouldn't just show up out of the blue

Refer to my Hamara statement. Also there's other RP's you could join. Or you could just make one yourself, lol. Asking is also a thing, lol.

but that can be dealt with by just talking to people.

So why can't you just talk with some of them to let you in? It's just that the tags are to give people the general idea that they want this little moment of development for themselves. Unless someone really wants to be in on it, then go ahead and talk.

Also, the entire RP is "no death" unless players say so, so a "no death" tag on threads is pointless.

Tags were supposed to be an example. So, lolok.

I also don't think Antagonists should be treated differently in terms of what they can do. Not all non-antagonist characters will be friendly with other non-antagonist characters, and I don't think they should automatically be restricted from doing things like attacking characters they have issues with just because they're in a "private" thread.

Try saying that again when you're trying to RP with Sakuwhore and then someone tries to start shit with you.  You know, like Kat or Magos. or even Knick I mean I would've thought you of all people would kinda appreciate this. But hey, ok, lol.

Seriously though, GM's would have the power to let them in or not. Even if it's private. I don't see what's the problem with that.

I really don't give a shit if you don't allow the tags because they're really not my main concern. But at least give the CE RP its own board so we can organize shit with the RP threads and a timeline thread to help keep track for people. Makes that shit easy to navigate around and then post.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 05:35:28 AM by Puck-Chan »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 30, 2014, 06:06:36 AM »
I will start up shit with everyone. Mike just happened to be with the only group I could do it with that would not fuck up things 10 ways to sunday.

Like really, at the time the other group I could have done it really would have been Crest and Caedia, but Crest and Hamara meeting is not something that I want to happen yet if I can avoid it.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 30, 2014, 01:12:52 PM »
I really don't think we need to complicate this, but a timeline graph recording notable events would maybe not be a bad idea.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 30, 2014, 02:44:45 PM »
I don't think we need it, there aren't enough people in the RP,

And we have a lot of characters. Your point? Also ~20 people in a RP is considered so so in the Forum RPing communities. Which we have.

Well, we have a reasonable number of players, but how many active characters? I'm not saying this is a small RP, I just don't think it's big enough to split posts off into different sections (each section is going to be very sparsely used), not to mention that making the actual split would be a right pain in the ass since we've already made posts in one thread.

But, well, it's up to Elf, ultimately. If she likes the idea, then I (or Alice) will implement it for her (as long as it doesn't require hours and hours of work...).

and there are too many areas in the RP.

And? Then we partition some of these buildings and places into districts as the sub-boards.

Honestly, I don't even know what district Sakura's house is in. The result of this would be extremely fragmented posting that makes it very difficult to follow what is actually going on outside your section of the RP. Or, even, notice what is going on at all.

And we certainly don't need explicit restrictions on who can join a group, IMO

2.0 and 3.0 says otherwise. Too many people joined into one place and led to a clusterfuck that is harder to follow. You can try to ask to join even when tags are set in, I think people here are very willing to let others in if you try to reason with them. I mean, hey. Would you want Hamara to barge into your Rider BDSM scene for no reason other than to fuck your shit up?

The thing is, though, whilst the clusterfucks make it hard to actually follow what is going on, they also allow people to meet up. This RP is not the same as a Grail War RP, characters in it have no intrinsic reason to go looking for each other, mostly. So, clusterfuck-like situations are necessary to allow character interactions to develop, even if they're a pain to RP.

But, yeah, you're right that there are scenes I would not want interrupted, I just don't think we need an explicit tagging system to prevent that. Just people not being dicks.

(in particular, I dislike the idea of a "private" thread, because that allows people to just be excluded from the RP entirely). There are situations where people shouldn't just show up out of the blue

Refer to my Hamara statement. Also there's other RP's you could join. Or you could just make one yourself, lol. Asking is also a thing, lol.

Erm, no, there aren't "other RPs" I can join, because I can't join anything on BL....

but that can be dealt with by just talking to people.

So why can't you just talk with some of them to let you in? It's just that the tags are to give people the general idea that they want this little moment of development for themselves. Unless someone really wants to be in on it, then go ahead and talk.

Yeah, I guess.

Also, the entire RP is "no death" unless players say so, so a "no death" tag on threads is pointless.

Tags were supposed to be an example. So, lolok.

Yeah, fair enough (I know you just copy-pasted it directly from the other site).

I also don't think Antagonists should be treated differently in terms of what they can do. Not all non-antagonist characters will be friendly with other non-antagonist characters, and I don't think they should automatically be restricted from doing things like attacking characters they have issues with just because they're in a "private" thread.

Try saying that again when you're trying to RP with Sakuwhore and then someone tries to start shit with you.  You know, like Kat or Magos. or even Knick I mean I would've thought you of all people would kinda appreciate this. But hey, ok, lol.

Seriously though, GM's would have the power to let them in or not. Even if it's private. I don't see what's the problem with that.

Yeah, I guess this is a valid point. I just think it's generally easier to arrange things between players and not to keep demanding things of the GMs.

I really don't give a shit if you don't allow the tags because they're really not my main concern. But at least give the CE RP its own board so we can organize shit with the RP threads and a timeline thread to help keep track for people. Makes that shit easy to navigate around and then post.

CE already has its own board (albeit a sub-board of the RP board). I don't see how making it a top-level board would change things.

I really don't think we need to complicate this, but a timeline graph recording notable events would maybe not be a bad idea.

Yeah, agreed, I think that makes sense.

Well, most likely a timeline thread rather than graph (unless someone is volunteering to draw the graph...), but the idea works fine.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 02:46:25 PM by Cherry Lover »