Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? General Discussion  (Read 125684 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? General Discussion
« Reply #1125 on: May 11, 2015, 09:50:43 PM »
You do realize that this is not a real summon right? I thought those were impossible in Nexus, this is a Servant being brought into the Nexus just after a summoning and then confusing Kayneth as the Master and he accepts.

And yes I would reasonably say that a Servant dropping in like that is reasonable grounds that allow for a reaction.

And just overruling something that was in planning for such a long time is a pretty jerk move. It really does reek of just favoring the other side.

I don't see how it not being an actual summon changes my point.

I disagree, but that would really depend on how the post is written. In other words, have the sheet posted already so I can approve it and that can be judged based on the contents of the post with that Servant showing up, or accept the current outcome and post with Kayneth accordingly.

Jerk move? No, this is me putting something I thought was receiving too much leeway straight.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: May 11, 2015, 10:05:55 PM »
If you have a reaction Mil I will be willing to edit my post after you do it. But like, there has to be a line at some point where my attacks actually do anything rather then you constantly reacting and negating them because otherwise this can literally go on forever.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: May 13, 2015, 06:27:08 PM »
Hey, Caster (person playing Medea), I read your post and a few things.

1) "No matter, neither of them were worse than your usual combatant in a Grail War, and the enemies here positively paled in comparison to the truly frightening foes in a Grail War."

Incorrect. Mia is actually at the level of some of the fastest servants. And actually moved at the speed to stab Kayneth. You can't just nope this movement, especially the moment she was summoned. You would have to knock Mia away or something because if you interrupt it basically has to be when Mia lands and is literally about to stab him.

2) She was summoned

There is nothing that would allow the summoning in the area. A summoning without a grail can be hand-waved for the sake of the RP, however the fact that she was summoned when there is no magical circle of any kind even present in the area they are in makes it literally impossible and goes a bit to far.

3) You assume success of the wind wall.

Basically as said, you assumed it would work and Mia can't either A) React, B) Dodge, or etc.

4) Her identifying 2 opponents.

There is no way to know this and is not someone as smart as Medea would determine immediately. Neither one is magical and PARIAH does not even have a soul I think, he is just a virus. No reason to view the two as separate entities until evidence presents itself. Also, Pariah is literally the building and not a figure in the hall.

5) Her back was to Kayenth

Hilariously you put her in a situation in which Mia is already about to stab Kayneth in the back, and you don't even have her face Kayneth. Also, again with the assumption. Mia is faster and if they were in a situation where they were facing one another, Mia would just blitz her and stab her. She can do that in the time it would take to raise a hand and say a word, especially because you did not put any mention of the speed of that action.

So ya, here are some problems with the post. There is reacting to the post and then there is completely ignoring my post happened.

Please put more thought into it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 06:28:26 PM by Knick »

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: May 15, 2015, 12:35:33 AM »
I've been thinking things through a lot, and after talking to Caster and a few other people I think I've made a decision in regards to my future for this RP and I think it would be in everyone's best interests if I stopped this rendition of Kayneth and stop posting altogether for a while.

It might be for a few weeks or it might be permanently but this non-stop bickering is helping no one and I hate making people bitter over something stupid.

As for you Yolf I do think it might help if in the future you try to lighten up the rules just a little bit and be more lenient towards people, this is meant to be a fun RP after all!

And knick sorry for wasting your time like this but Mia and Kayneth were a bad match to begin with. Though I do think you were stringing me along a little bit I probably could have put a little more thought into my posts to prevent the situation from happening in the first place.

I'll leave SHIKI as a possibility and I might redo Kayneth as well but for this particular rendition of Kayneth I'll leave up to knick's decision, this Kayneth is completely under knick's control from this point on. Get rid of him, take him over, turn him into a npc, give him to another player, whatever you want it's up you.

I might be back or I might not, only time will tell. I just wanted to apologize and I recommend that people try to lighten up a bit.

Cy'all later!

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: May 15, 2015, 12:53:41 AM »
>redoing Kayneth

That sounds like chickening out without taking consequences.

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: May 15, 2015, 01:07:47 AM »
I've been thinking things through a lot, and after talking to Caster and a few other people I think I've made a decision in regards to my future for this RP and I think it would be in everyone's best interests if I stopped this rendition of Kayneth and stop posting altogether for a while.

It might be for a few weeks or it might be permanently but this non-stop bickering is helping no one and I hate making people bitter over something stupid.

As for you Yolf I do think it might help if in the future you try to lighten up the rules just a little bit and be more lenient towards people, this is meant to be a fun RP after all!

And knick sorry for wasting your time like this but Mia and Kayneth were a bad match to begin with. Though I do think you were stringing me along a little bit I probably could have put a little more thought into my posts to prevent the situation from happening in the first place.

I'll leave SHIKI as a possibility and I might redo Kayneth as well but for this particular rendition of Kayneth I'll leave up to knick's decision, this Kayneth is completely under knick's control from this point on. Get rid of him, take him over, turn him into a npc, give him to another player, whatever you want it's up you.

I might be back or I might not, only time will tell. I just wanted to apologize and I recommend that people try to lighten up a bit.

Cy'all later!

Don't come back.

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: May 15, 2015, 01:22:17 AM »
Mil, just to get this straight.

After gave you warning and asked you what as acceptable, and you say anything, you are leaving because it does not work out the way YOU want.

You blame literally everyone but yourself for this, because obviously everyone else has a problem and you were handling it perfectly. Also you said your leaving for the sake of others, which is bullcrap because you are the one causing an issue that can be avoided if you just posted faster and let the situation be resolved.

As for the Kayneth and Mia being a "bad match" point, it is idiotic. Mainly because the interaction the two were going to have was an antagonistic/hostile one. Mia was acting as a tormenter, someone who wants Kayneth to suffer, the degree of which was to be determined by how 'entertained', she was by their interactions. Kayneth's actions just happened to be boring and not entertain her in the slightest. If this is IC that is perfectly fine, it is not against you in anyway, it is just how the cookie crumbles.

Stop making excuses, stop acting like your morally justified with this, all you have done is spit on everyone in the RP, spit on mine and Umbra's efforts, and spit on the GMs who worked to try and figure out the whole issue you seemed to be making of the interaction that was about to fucking end.

Get over yourself.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 01:24:16 AM by Knick »

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: May 15, 2015, 01:27:10 AM »
More like see you never, Mil.

Your attitude in leaving is obnoxiously horrendous. You're condescending to knick and yolf, you blame others for your shortcomings in writing comprehension and ability (Blaming Knick for poor interaction between Kayneth and Mia) and you tried the "better man" card by leaving "To not make others upset" and maintain this fake high ground by way of  "I-apologize-BUT". To which well I'm sorry but get over yourself man.

Don't come back.
And praise the Lord.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: May 15, 2015, 03:15:50 AM »
No one here has lighten up, Milbunk. You have to stop assuming yourself to be the better man when you can't deal with things not going exactly your way or work on the standards everyone else does. And quit avoiding things when they prove too inconvenient for you. Grow up.

All else that needed to be said has already been, so good riddance. I do not care that you are leaving.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 03:22:25 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: May 15, 2015, 11:20:07 AM »
Yup, 'good luck' with that soon to be dead Grail War RP. No one at BL treats your quests and memecontests seriously anyway. :p

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: May 15, 2015, 07:03:13 PM »
OK, since Kat is being a biased fascist prick on Skype, I'd like to point out that my Shirou is already posted, and that it would be rather unfair to just suddenly say without warning that a Shirou posted later should get approval first even if I fix my Shirou.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: May 15, 2015, 08:02:09 PM »
I don't think any of the GMs even spoke up on the matter lol.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: May 15, 2015, 08:52:02 PM »
inb4 he never fixes it

I won't be online tomorrow, or at least unable to post here, so I'm reminding Elf that she is due Abigail. If I don't see Abigail post on Sunday evening I'll skip her, more than 48 hours have passed already.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: May 22, 2015, 04:26:58 AM »
Right, so about that Shirou sheet Mike.

Projection: Shirou excels at projecting items, especially swords.
Reinforcement: Can reinforce almost anything exceptionally well, including himself.
Unlimited Blade Works: After much training, Shirou has learnt to use his Reality Marble, although his lack of prana means it is difficult to maintain it for as long as he otherwise could.

Okay look I know you expect people to know what these do, but everyone else with a Shirou or Archer sheet actually bothered to explain his magecraft, so you have no excuse to be lazy here. Just copy paste from Calico or EMIYA's sheet.

The invisibility cloak... I talked it over with the other GMs, and I'm sorry but you're going to have to remove it. We don't think it really makes any sense for Shirou to have, among other lesser concerns.

The guns and the rest of his gear are fine.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: May 22, 2015, 04:32:31 AM »
The invisibility cloak... I talked it over with the other GMs, and I'm sorry but you're going to have to remove it. We don't think it really makes any sense for Shirou to have, among other lesser concerns.

Why? What makes you say it doesn't make sense? I mean, do you know a damn thing about the physics behind it? Because I actually do, and I think it makes perfect sense. And, it's something I really like the idea of.