Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? General Discussion  (Read 125242 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? General Discussion
« Reply #1140 on: May 22, 2015, 04:47:29 AM »
Sense for Shirou to have. Read what I said properly before you start accusing me of not knowing physics.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: May 22, 2015, 05:09:48 AM »
Sense for Shirou to have. Read what I said properly before you start accusing me of not knowing physics.

But, the physics behind it is part of that. It's not something that I'd expect to be that difficult to get hold of in his time period (the un-reinforced version is not that great) and, whilst Shirou does not explicitly use stealth, having the capacity to do so is still nice, and this Shirou is not someone who spends all his time fighting.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: May 22, 2015, 09:43:28 PM »
As Dan arranged it, I was meant to post Mordred reacting in time to Emily's attempt and then Panda was meant to edit the post in response, but Elf and Magos skipped me without waiting for me. So, as one of users, SINIB, suggested to me, I ask Magos and Elf to delete their Abigail and Law posts unless there is better solution.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: May 23, 2015, 04:47:06 AM »
OK, well, I "fixed" Shirou's sheet.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: May 23, 2015, 08:20:47 PM »
That is much, much better. I point out however:

> Shirou can reinforce almost anything exceptionally well, including himself.

This is technically incorrect, as the only thing he's exceptional at Reinforcing are things that fit in the theme of UBW. In other words, melee weapons. Edit that and you're good to go.

> However, a shot to the head is still capable of killing him, if he does not have time to self-reinforce and/or dodge it.

Even if he's reinforced, a shot to the head with a high caliber firearm that actually strikes his skull head on will probably kill him anyways, I would say. Just wanted to comment on that.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: May 23, 2015, 08:45:08 PM »
That is much, much better. I point out however:

> Shirou can reinforce almost anything exceptionally well, including himself.

This is technically incorrect, as the only thing he's exceptional at Reinforcing are things that fit in the theme of UBW. In other words, melee weapons. Edit that and you're good to go.

*Sigh*, fine....

I disagree 100% with this and think you are absolutely wrong, but since you are the GM and are completely unwilling to let me decide on my own characters, I guess I will have to just go with it....

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: May 23, 2015, 09:11:28 PM »
OK, fine, I've changed the sheet to fit with your interpretation of canon.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: May 23, 2015, 09:28:55 PM »
Fate/Side Material - Encyclopedia: Reinforcement [Magecraft], p.058-059

Reinforcement [Magecraft]
An elementary spell that was extremely difficult to master.
Even though elevating the target's existence through the infusion of mana was the basis of all magecraft, due to the high degree of freedom and lack of concrete protocols, there were very few users who could reinforce everything.
Shirou of course was only a half-baked user who could only reinforce weapon-related objects.
Since Reinforcement enhanced the target's meaning of existence, knives would become sharper, food would become more nutritious, and maids would become more moe.
It was impossible to reinforce something that was exceedingly vague.
By the way, it was difficult to infuse another living being with one's mana, thus Reinforcement of another human was a spell of highest difficulty.

Thaumaturgy: C-
During his life time, the sorceries learned by Emiya are unremarkable. Before becoming a Heroic Spirit, even “reinforcement” was quite difficult. However, the “projection” sorcery he wields is quite special, as it is able to duplicate weapons, including all the components, to near perfection. In addition, during duplication, he can even read the wielder’s skills, which allows him to gain all kinds of Noble Phantasms and combat skills.
During his life time, Emiya used the preliminary step of projection – “structural analysis”, to find the location of an item’s fault and proceed with repair.

It's not like he's basing it off of nothing. No need to be so sour about it.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: May 24, 2015, 12:17:21 AM »
You picked a strange way to phrase the edit*, but okay. Approved. Just, saying it's the one area in which he is competent is wrong because he is actually very good at the Projection of, again, melee weapons.

*I'm not sure if you're doing this on purpose or not. Did I tell you to change the stats? Because I didn't, which should tell you I don't actually have a problem with the listed effects of his self-Reinforcement. But it's still a fact that his Reinforcement is only above average when used on weapons. At any rate, he's approved now.

P.S.: I noticed Magos's EMIYA sheet is actually lacking any elaboration on what Projection and Reinforcement do, so please edit some explanations in even though it was approved before my time if I recall correctly.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 12:22:23 AM by YOLF »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: May 24, 2015, 01:12:32 AM »
You picked a strange way to phrase the edit*, but okay. Approved. Just, saying it's the one area in which he is competent is wrong because he is actually very good at the Projection of, again, melee weapons.

Well, the two are the same basic type of magic.

And, it's not just melee weapons that Shirou is good at projecting. For example, he projected kettles that he just left in his shed, and which nearly gave Rin a heart attack when he explained them because it was not something she expected (in particular, how long they lasted). Melee weapons are his speciality, yeah, but he can also do other things somewhat better than a normal magus could.

*I'm not sure if you're doing this on purpose or not. Did I tell you to change the stats? Because I didn't, which should tell you I don't actually have a problem with the listed effects of his self-Reinforcement. But it's still a fact that his Reinforcement is only above average when used on weapons. At any rate, he's approved now.

I'm not sure what you mean here. I didn't remove anything aside from the bit saying he excelled at reinforcement (which you said was wrong).

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: May 24, 2015, 01:50:09 AM »
"Actually very good at X" doesn't exclude him being good at Y. :V

And that paragraph is just me expressing my exasperation at your phrasing still emphasizing his self-reinforcement (even after i told you to change it) when I didn't tell you to correct the stat increase the sheet indicates it would give Shirou. But as I said, it doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 01:52:26 AM by YOLF »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: May 24, 2015, 03:42:27 AM »
"Actually very good at X" doesn't exclude him being good at Y. :V

No, true. The way you said it (and the stuff you've been saying about his reinforcement abilities) made me think you did mean that, though.

And that paragraph is just me expressing my exasperation at your phrasing still emphasizing his self-reinforcement (even after i told you to change it) when I didn't tell you to correct the stat increase the sheet indicates it would give Shirou. But as I said, it doesn't matter.

I wanted to make it clear that he could self-reinforce so you wouldn't tell me later that he couldn't. Honestly, I didn't even think of the stat increase part, I was focussing only on the parts he could change.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: May 26, 2015, 04:35:59 AM »
I'm leaving. Sorry for the lack of notice. Goodbye
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: May 26, 2015, 05:11:56 AM »
SCRUBBED BY KAZE: None of that, Puck. Let's keep things civil.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 12:46:07 PM by Kaze »

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: May 26, 2015, 01:20:59 PM »
Panda left?