Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474134 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #300 on: November 26, 2014, 09:23:09 PM »
Sarse

Riding at a steady pace through one of the many side streets of Nexus City, a troubled looking man attempted to focus on the rumbling of the motorcycle beneath him as reprieve of the unease occupying his mind.

The Angel of Choice couldn't understand his current circumstances. Namely, how he had gone from trying to enter a Tether to ending up on this place that... clearly was not Earth, yet was still part of its Symphony. And here, it was more disorded than any other place on Earth he had ever been to, with the exception of a battlefield or two. Probably had something to do with all the supernatural beings freely rampaging about.

Which was not alright in Sarse's book for several reasons, but he had bigger problems at the moment. One being that Invocations appeared to be completely cut off and null in this place, Nexus City. Which... left him with no means to contact Yves or any other Archangel. Also that though his Vessel still had access to all its resources, he was completely confused by the structure of things in this world. He was at least aware that there didn't seem to be any kind of attempt to hide the higher, more fantastic things of the universe here, which was actually bothering him more than it probably should. At least given that it seemed like the natural state of things in the Nexus.

Which didn't mean there weren't many things wrong about it anyway. The Symphony was polluted by death, abuse of powers, and far too many congregations of dark intentions to count.

Sarse had to at least try to deal with the mess (unlikely as it was he alone could solve much), but he had little idea where to start. For the time being, he was putting his ideas in order while familiarizing himself with the city on bike.

His deliberations on what to do next, however, were cut off as something echoed in his ears, making him flinch. He slowed down, as he managed to identify it. A stark note, reverbating through the world - for a single moment, it rang distinctly enough to disrupt the music of the Symphony with the backlash of its power.

Sarse frowned. That sound was not one of corporeal origin, it was purer than that; it resounded with the ideas of ruin and destruction, of something greater. It must have been from an old and powerful Word indeed, but its exact purview eluded the angel, and it didn't seem of demonic origin...

Was it possible Michael was here?

He revved his motorcycle's engine and accelerated towards that direction as soon as the thought left him. The Archangel Of War might not have been on the greatest of terms with his boss, but Sarse had friends among the Servitors of Michael and some experience with them. They could work something out. Besides, any familiar face would be a relief to him at this point.

Sarse made a sharp turn past a yellow streetlight as he beelined North. He would have been through that particular street in few seconds, but something stopped him.

He passed a young woman in a black hood, and suddenly breaked, eyes widening, tires screeching in a rapid U-turn.

A faint cacophony of deathly wails reached his being. A beautiful symphony, existing all on its own within the confines of the world, like an abyss. Incomprehension failed to react before caution, the dreadfully familiar notes of that concept making him sharply focus on their origin.

There was only one word-bound of Death. And he would never take such a form on the corporeal realm. So for a long moment, Sarse simply blinked and stared at the black haired, grey eyed woman, confused.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 26, 2014, 09:59:02 PM »
Ann

The sound of tires screeching broke Ann from her reverie as she focused on the sound. She saw a man with brown hair and blue eyes on a motorcycle. There was a distinct air to him that was not unlike a Power. A brief instance passed as she tried to remember a Power that correlated with this feeling but she was incapable of finding one that matched it exactly. There was a similarity between it and Fate but the match wasn't quite right. She banished these thoughts quickly. If she could not figure it out herself then she would simply have him tell her.

Ann began to walk towards the man with a smirk on her face. She asked, "Am I so beautiful that you are left speechless?" and her voice was filled with amusement as she approached the seemingly stoic man, but even as she spoke her mind was in action. It released a stream of emotions, thoughts, and images into his mind that demanded an explanation. "What are you?" is what it asked of the stranger.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 10:00:08 PM by Umbra of Chaos »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 27, 2014, 01:52:03 AM »
Sarse

The angel took a step back in reflex as the woman walked towards him. She was not Saminga, the Demon Prince of Death, that much was clear. She was not even a Word-bound, if only because she somehow appeared to be more.

"Am I so beautiful that you are left speechless?"

Sarse shook his head. That wasn't why he was dumbstruck, and he was starting to explain, "No, I-"

And then she brushed against his mind, sending him a message through more than simple words, questioning him with a pure expression of intent that couldn't help but remind him of one version of the Song Of Tongues, but on a far deeper level. Even if she had not asked her question in such a way, he would have answered truthfully - he could no more lie to a mortal than a divine power -, but the emphasis made him pause, and consider his habit to omit his answers.

Stopping his motorcycle and removing his helmet, he faced her solemnly and answered, "I am Sarse, Angel of Choice. And you are..."

Even here, his connection to the Book Of Names was still present. As he engaged her in conversation, her true name was revealed to him. And registering it, Sarse's open mouth froze as though waiting to say something.

His face paled as he attempted to process what "Ann, First System Of Power: Death" meant, resulting in his second awkward silence in the last minute.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 02:06:57 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 27, 2014, 02:20:02 AM »
"If that is the case, then explain to me why there is a connection between those two, not dissimilar to a contract? I've been here for a while, and she doesn't seem to be under duress", said Adjutor.

Eh, what?

He can't be her servant, surely? Right...?

Rider was confused. The guy had tried to kill her, and was seemingly attempting to kidnap Sakura.

Well that would explain why she wasn't running away from him....

Before Rider could consider things further, though, Adjutor spoke again.

"I am truly sorry for whatever misunderstanding may have occurred, but you cannot deny that all of this happened after you came here. Regardless of who may be at fault here, my task is clear, and my task is to protect."

"Moeskarne."

As he did so, Rider felt a sudden impact, violently throwing her out of the building, causing her to land right next to the battling Berserker-class servant.

What the fuck? she thought, angrily.

I didn't do a damn thing, that servant attacked me.

The Berserker turned towards her and growled.

Damn it, now I have to fight him as well.

Fortunately, though, before he could make any move, Saber fired a beam out of her spear, drawing its attention back to her, and away from Rider.

Rider moved as close to the door as she could, avoiding the two people fighting outside. As she approached, she could hear the tail end of the conversation.

“You didn’t hurt her, did you?”

Rider smiled at Sakura's concern. Whilst Sakura's well-being was always Rider's priority, it was nice to know that Sakura genuinely cared for her.

"She might be a bit dizzy. Sorry about that. Everything was fine when I went into that broom closet, and when I come out...I suppose it couldn't be helped given what I knew at the time, but I still messed up, and for that I am truly sorry."

Idiot.

Rider prepared to speak up to reassure her master that she was unharmed but, before she could, Adjutor approached the barrier.

"Rider. If you're still willing to talk at this point, then can you come in and share your side of the story?", he said.

Rider looked at him with an annoyed expression.

"I just want to make sure Sakura is safe", she said, the annoyance in her voice clear. "I will not fight unless that sorcerer tries to take her away for his sick occult experiments, or whatever it is that he intended to do with her one I was safely disposed of."

"And, Sakura, I am fine. Don't worry about me, worry about that guy who captured you. He was summoning demons, I dread to think what he wants to do with you."
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 02:21:37 AM by Cherry Lover »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 27, 2014, 02:27:21 AM »
Ann

The woman continued her walk until she was only a few inches away from Sarse. Her smile grew a bit wider as she heard him answer her mental question. She placed one of her hands on his right cheek as his face blanched and his mouth stayed open as if he was about to speak.

"So, is there something that you wish to say, Angel of Choice? You appear rather unsightly with your mouth hanging upon."

The amusement in her voice was not only apparent in her tone but also broadcasted to Sarse through Ann's telepathy.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 27, 2014, 02:32:28 AM »
"If that is the case, then explain to me why there is a connection between those two, not dissimilar to a contract? I've been here for a while, and she doesn't seem to be under duress", said Adjutor.

Eh, what?

He can't be her servant, surely? Right...?

Rider was confused. The guy had tried to kill her, and was seemingly attempting to kidnap Sakura.

Well that would explain why she wasn't running away from him....

Before Rider could consider things further, though, Adjutor spoke again.

"I am truly sorry for whatever misunderstanding may have occurred, but you cannot deny that all of this happened after you came here. Regardless of who may be at fault here, my task is clear, and my task is to protect."

"Moeskarne."

As he did so, Rider felt a sudden impact, violently throwing her out of the building, causing her to land right next to the battling Berserker-class servant.

What the fuck? she thought, angrily.

I didn't do a damn thing, that servant attacked me.

The Berserker turned towards her and growled.

Damn it, now I have to fight him as well.

Fortunately, though, before he could make any move, Saber fired a beam out of her spear, drawing its attention back to her, and away from Rider.

Rider moved as close to the door as she could, avoiding the two people fighting outside. As she approached, she could hear the tail end of the conversation.

“You didn’t hurt her, did you?”

Rider smiled at Sakura's concern. Whilst Sakura's well-being was always Rider's priority, it was nice to know that Sakura genuinely cared for her.

"She might be a bit dizzy. Sorry about that. Everything was fine when I went into that broom closet, and when I come out...I suppose it couldn't be helped given what I knew at the time, but I still messed up, and for that I am truly sorry."

Idiot.

Rider prepared to speak up to reassure her master that she was unharmed but, before she could, Adjutor approached the barrier.

"Rider. If you're still willing to talk at this point, then can you come in and share your side of the story?", he said.

Rider looked at him with an annoyed expression.

"I just want to make sure Sakura is safe", she said, the annoyance in her voice clear. "I will not fight unless that sorcerer tries to take her away for his sick occult experiments, or whatever it is that he intended to do with her one I was safely disposed of."

"And, Sakura, I am fine. Don't worry about me, worry about that guy who captured you. He was summoning demons, I dread to think what he wants to do with you."

Sakura stood up, and angrily walked towards Rider. “Caster is not going to hurt me! He doesn’t want to do anything to me! Anything but protect me! He only attacked you in the first place because you were coming at us, he had no way of knowing you didn’t have hostile intentions! He would never, ever, in a thousand years, perform any ‘sick occult experiments’ on me! He only has the best intentions, and without him I would have died years ago! Do not insult him like this!” Sakura glared at Rider, obviously displeased.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 27, 2014, 02:41:27 AM »
LANCELOT

The shrouded dark knight was still staring at the pink-haired Servant when something flashed from the downed changeling. He reflexively tried to shift to the right to avoid the incoming attack, but it was already too late. His speed may be the stuff of legends, but even he could not outrun light itself.

It burned. Skin reddened, then began to peel and turn black as the shining light tried to roast him alive. The armored chestplate rapidly heated, causing it to steam against the chilly night air. Lancelot roared in pain and animalistic fury. He staggered about, trying to escape the agony while barely managing to keep hold of his improvised weapon. The heat subsided, but the pain lingered.

With an enraged shout, the berserker shot at Mordred again, making a powerful sweep from the right with his makeshift battle axe.
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 27, 2014, 02:43:36 AM »
Rider's face fell on hearing Sakura's withering words. She'd never wanted to hurt or upset Sakura.

"Sorry master.... I just wanted to make sure you were safe. I had no idea who he was or what he wanted with you, and he attacked me with no warning and for no obvious reason", she said, sadly.

Obviously she'd been replaced in Sakura's mind with another servant and friend, seemingly a better one judging from their fight.

"Sakura, I just want you to be happy. If you want me to leave, then I'll leave...", she said, her sadness at being replaced by a seemingly better servant obvious in her voice.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 02:44:37 AM by Cherry Lover »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 27, 2014, 02:44:44 AM »
Sarse

Blasts, she was toying with him now. He could tell! And if he wanted to say something in response, he had to be truthful. This was why being a Seraphim annoyed him sometimes.

Sarse coughed once to compose himself. Eyeing the hand on his cheek, he resolved not to ask "Are you flirting with me?" to mask his rather unbecoming display, and simply gazed her in the eye.

"Ann, First System Of Power: Death. That is your true name, right?" He asked. "Is that why your symphony has the sound of death?"
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 02:45:15 AM by YOLF »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 27, 2014, 02:49:06 AM »
Rider's face fell on hearing Sakura's withering words.

"Sorry master.... I just wanted to make sure you were safe. I had no idea who he was or what he wanted with you, and he attacked me with no warning and for no obvious reason", she said, sadly.

Obviously she'd been replaced in Sakura's mind with another servant and friend, seemingly a better one judging from their fight.

"Sakura, I just want you to be happy. If you want me to leave, then I'll leave...", she said, her sadness at being replaced by a seemingly better servant obvious.
Sakura’s expression softened, but that softness was quickly replaced by a pout. “I don’t want you to leave, no. I don’t think I said that... I just wanted you to stop insulting Faust, is all.” Sakura put her left hand in her pocket and fidgeted with a coin she found in there.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 27, 2014, 03:05:10 AM »
Ann

"Symphony? The word means nothing to me but that is indeed my name."

Her hand left his face and moved along his brown suit jacket. As it dragged along the material a spark of the Rot was channeled. A simple demonstration of course. The clothing began to fray slightly under her touch and certain parts even formed tiny holes that almost appeared motheaten.

"I am curious if that name means anything to you, Angel of Choice. What do you know of Death?"

Ann put extra stress on the word 'Death' and the mental connection with Sarse made sure that the word being used as a name would not escape the angel.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 03:07:12 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 27, 2014, 03:25:59 AM »
Sarse

The Angel of Choice frowned, but answered without pulling back. "In my world, Death is a purview claimed by a murderous egomaniac demon prince who believes he is that abyss himself. He is wrong, for his power does not stretch as far as he thinks."

Sarse paused, then slowly grabbed Ann's hand away from his jacket. Though it was not painful, he could still feel the rot on his skin.

"He is not you. Your very being speaks of the Death that you are. A Death that I am unfamiliar with, so at first I mistook you for one simply bound to the concept." He continued.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 27, 2014, 04:04:28 AM »
Adjutor and Xarrest take this in for a moment, taking all of this in.

"I really have no place to speak about whatever has gone on between you two in the past, but it obviously happened before Sakura met the Sorcerer, apparently Caster, over here," Adjutor says, eyes still that opaque silver as he takes a closer look at Sakura, "What I have to ask is why you immediately assume that he would perform some kind of occult experiments on his master? Although, I will admit that it does seem as if someone modified her at some time in the past, I'd have to say that she probably wouldn't be staying with him if he were the one to have modified her. Regardless, I must ask what gave you the impression that he was forcing her to stay, given that she didn't even try to leave the hospital when you turned up."

Leaving his hypothesis on the table, Adjutor takes another look around the ruined lobby, "This is gonna suck...but it could have been a lot worse..."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 27, 2014, 04:28:11 AM »
Vlad Drăculea

"Very well. I did say that I would supply you or your servants with equipment and I do value politeness, so I will craft something for your butler."

Vlad raised one elegant eyebrow.

"Oh? Very well, Wiseman. Let us see what you have to offer."

The lord watched as the wizard began to work his magic, looking on intently while seemingly nonchalant. His golden eyes assessed Wiseman's magic, or at least, the parts that he understood, for Drăculea was not a specialist in such arts.

It did seem, however, that the wizard's skill was not an idle boast. He made a cane of intricate magic, ice and steel coming together to form an exquisite piece of craftsmanship. Vlad sat upon his throne and contemplated the future, and was not displeased by what potential he saw within it.

"Is this demonstration to your liking, Lord Drăculea?"

"We shall see - after all, the gift was not for me, but for my servant, no? Butler," He called into seemingly empty air. "Our guest has made a gift for you. Please, tell him what you think of it."

Lucas

Lucas's foot connected with Crest, the concentration of magic within him so dense that not even the power of Rejection could deny his existence. The sheer force within his blow sent the Crest flying straight to the entrance. At that, the woman ran, grabbing the other man and his weapon on the way out.

The resident made no move to pursue them, simply watching as their figures grew smaller before taking a sharp turn and disappearing. When they were finally gone, he scowled, and stomped his foot on the ground like a petulant child. At that, though, the store sprang to life.

The craters grew smaller and then vanished, as if they had never been there, while the cracks in the walls rapidly filled with moss and clovers. The bookshelves were covered in blankets of greenery, draping over their forms as if they had lain that way for months. The door closed shut, vines embedding itself within the frame.

The resident was not there to see it in play - no, he had already ducked into one of the side passages, one still not quite covered in greenery. Walking through the twists and turns, on floorboards not yet uprooted and replaced with soil, the pale being moved to a small bed, one without an sheets, in a room with only a single, small plant growing from the ground. He shook his head in distaste and laid down on the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

If he looked hard enough, he could almost see the forest again.

"Park now?"

Wanderer looked almost taken aback.

"...Fine. Let us be off."

His stride lengthened again as he moved towards the nearest park, PARIAH on his shoulders like a very large and awkward barnacle.

"Park now?"
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 27, 2014, 04:39:53 AM »
Ann

"So you did. A shame it didn't last longer. Your confusion was enjoyable."

Ann drifted past the angel and her hands dragged along the side of the motorcycle. She then sat on the back half of the motorcycle's seat and gestured towards Sarse to get on.

"Indulge me, Angel of Mercy. I wish to see more of this city and you seem to be in the position to help me in this endeavor, and after gawking at me with your mouth open so shamelessly this is the least you can do."