Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474404 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #315 on: November 27, 2014, 06:08:42 AM »
Rider smiled at Sakura's pouting.

"Don't worry, I won't go anywhere. I can't even really blame Faust for his actions in the fight. He was clearly just trying to protect you, I'd have done the same in his position. Well, aside from attacking a servant for walking slowly in your vague direction, I guess...", Rider said, a little cheekily.

"But, then, his abilities are different from mine. I can protect you in an instant and can fight perfectly well at close range, whereas he cannot. So, I suppose it makes sense for him to be more proactive about it", she added with a smile.

Then, she turned to Adjutor.

"Yes, my situation with Sakura is... complicated. I'll explain later, honestly even I'm not totally sure just yet. But, Sakura is my master just like she is Faust's, and I still feel the same loyalty and affection for her that I always have felt. I would defend her with my life.

As for Caster, no, he's not responsible for the modifications. Those were done before even I met her, and the person who did so is now long dead, fortunately. I didn't know what he might do with Sakura. But, he was summoning demons, hence all the "occult" stuff. That isn't something you usually associate with good people and, whilst I of all people know it is wrong to judge someone based on such a superficial thing, when it comes to Sakura's safety I could not take the risk. Plus, he attacked me seemingly out of nowhere, and continued to attack even when I was acting purely defensively, and merely protecting Sakura from him. I wasn't inclined to trust his motives, and I was certainly not going to risk Sakura's life on the assumption that they were good.

In hindsight, yes, I should have noticed that she was not attempting to run from him, although he should have noticed the same on my part, and we both should have similarly noticed that neither of us seemed to have any ill-intent towards her. But, once again, it was simply too much of a risk to assume he was not hostile, and I could see no other reason why he would be going after her. I never considered that she might have found another servant to contract with.

Anyway, are you going to let me in now? I'd rather get away from this Berserker, before he turns on me...."
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 06:11:31 AM by Cherry Lover »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 27, 2014, 06:17:39 AM »

Rider smiled at Sakura's pouting.

"Don't worry, I won't go anywhere. I can't even really blame Faust for his actions in the fight. He was clearly just trying to protect you, I'd have done the same in his position. Well, aside from attacking a servant for walking slowly in your vague direction, I guess...", Rider said, a little cheekily.

"But, then, his abilities are different from mine. I can protect you in an instant and can fight perfectly well at close range, whereas he cannot. So, I suppose it makes sense for him to be more proactive about it", she added with a smile.

Then, she turned to Adjutor.

"Yes, my situation with Sakura is... complicated. I'll explain later, honestly even I'm not totally sure just yet. But, Sakura was my master just like she is Faust's, and I still feel the same loyalty and affection for her that I always have felt. I would defend her with my life.

As for Caster, no, he's not responsible for the modifications. Those were done before even I met her, and the person who did so is now long dead, fortunately. I didn't know what he might do with Sakura. But, he was summoning demons, hence all the "occult" stuff. That isn't something you usually associate with good people and, whilst I of all people know it is wrong to judge someone based on such a superficial thing, when it comes to Sakura's safety I could not take the risk. Plus, he attacked me seemingly out of nowhere, and continued to attack even when I was acting purely defensively, and merely protecting Sakura from him. I wasn't inclined to trust his motives, and I was certainly not going to risk Sakura's life on the assumption that they were good.

In hindsight, yes, I should have noticed that she was not attempting to run from him, although he should have noticed the same on my part, and we both should have similarly noticed that neither of us seemed to have any ill-intent towards her. But, once again, it was simply too much of a risk to assume he was not hostile, and I could see no other reason why he would be going after her. I never considered that she might have found another servant to contract with.

Anyway, are you going to let me in now? I'd rather get away from this Berserker, before he turns on me...."

"My bad," Adjutor says opening the barrier for long enough for Rider to get through.

"Regardless," he says, "As some massive mana flash blinded me before the fight really got started, I can't really judge, and considering that I kinda jumped to conclusions about you, I can't really call you out for not thinking of the other possibilities...But...I'm guessing that your existence is fueled by mana, and that the massive mana flash that blinded me was from your Pegasus. In that case...How are you doing on your stores? I can easily provide enough to recompense you for this battle."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 27, 2014, 06:34:06 AM »
Faust turned to Adjutor. “I need you to let me outside, my ally is currently fighting a losing battle. She needs aid badly, let me through the shield. I expect you to be capable of protecting my master for this short time, right?”

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 27, 2014, 02:50:34 PM »
Faust turned to Adjutor. “I need you to let me outside, my ally is currently fighting a losing battle. She needs aid badly, let me through the shield. I expect you to be capable of protecting my master for this short time, right?”

"Are you sure you won't be needing help, Sorcerer?" Adjutor asks, quickly factoring in his remaining mana stocks (not looking good, but not too bad either), Caster's demonstrated abilities (summoning, beams, those shadow-thingies, shields. Likely has further abilities not yet demonstrated.), the black warrior (seems to be focused entirely on the non-human person, berserk, ridiculously strong), the non-human (out-ranges the black warrior, capable of seemingly effective beam attacks, agile enough to keep up), and Rider (Ridiculously fast, but those nails might have a tough time with that armor, and her mana stocks might not be able to sustain her for long if she has to summon another Pegasus, blindfold indicates further abilities).

"If you require assistance, Sorcerer, I might be able to help you there," Adjutor says, opening up a hole in the shield for Faust, "And I'll still be protecting the hospital by keeping that black warrior away."

"That is, of course, if you'd be willing to stay here," he says, turning to Rider, then turning away as he's not sure where to look. Staring at a blindfold is strange, and everywhere els- Bad thoughts!

"We humbly welcome you to the von Engels Manor, oji-san." Yukina bowed down. "Please take a seat, I will get tea." She then headed off to the kitchen.

"Mister Henderson, please take a seat and feel at home." Rattus presented him to the leather couch. "By the way, this room is strictly a non-smoking area, so please refrain from doing such."

Aside from the leather couch, there were two leather chairs flanking it, and in front of it was a dark wooden coffee table, which was fronted in turn by a entertainment set comprising of a large flat screen television, two large speaker, various audio-video playing devices and game consoles, sound components and racks of media CDs. This whole living room set is resting on top of a black carpet, and overhanging it is a large chandelier made from wrought iron and incandescent light bulbs.

"So," Rattus began to speak as he sit on a chair beside the couch. "You say that you are looking for your stolen lawn ornaments. Can you tell the exact reasons for doing such?" He asked to the old man.

Henderson takes a moment to decide where to sit, eventually deciding on the side of the couch closet to Rattus, clearing his throat, he prepares himself for a long story.

"Well, if you want the short version," he starts, "I'm looking for them because those gnomes are my retirement plan. See, I did some work in Thailand some time ago, and after a ride not meant for the ocean blue, I wanted my retirement plan in lawn gnomes. So I got them. 215 antique Lawn Gnomes, totaling up to a market price of about $40,000. Then those yellow namblies nabbed them while I was enjoying some damn fine weed, and I've been looking for them since."

Henderson sits back, "If you'd like the full story behind my search, we might be here for a while."
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 02:53:28 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 27, 2014, 03:13:40 PM »
Henderson takes a moment to decide where to sit, eventually deciding on the side of the couch closet to Rattus, clearing his throat, he prepares himself for a long story.

"Well, if you want the short version," he starts, "I'm looking for them because those gnomes are my retirement plan. See, I did some work in Thailand some time ago, and after a ride not meant for the ocean blue, I wanted my retirement plan in lawn gnomes. So I got them. 215 antique Lawn Gnomes, totaling up to a market price of about $40,000. Then those yellow namblies nabbed them while I was enjoying some damn fine weed, and I've been looking for them since."

Henderson sits back, "If you'd like the full story behind my search, we might be here for a while."

"I believe your summary of events will suffice already." Rattus said flatly. "Indeed, antiques could fetch a considerable raise in value just after a few years. I could understand now why you wanted those lawn gnomes so eagerly." Yukina then arrived with a Japanese tea set in a tray after a moment of disappearance. "So, I take it that you want to invest in more antiques after you have sold off your lawn gnomes?"

"Rattus-san, why are you talking about lawn gnomes?" Yukina asked him while she was pouring tea in the cups.

"Yukina, it turns out that Mister Henderson here apparently wants to invest in antiques. He bought lawn gnomes as a part of his retirement plan, before it was stolen by this group of so-called 'namblies' according to him." Rattus then takes a cup of tea and blows it to cool the contents a bit, before taking a sip.

"Oh, that is sad." Yukina commented with worry. She then turned towards Henderson and asked, "Are they thieves, oji-san, these namblies?"

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 27, 2014, 03:54:15 PM »
"I believe your summary of events will suffice already." Rattus said flatly. "Indeed, antiques could fetch a considerable raise in value just after a few years. I could understand now why you wanted those lawn gnomes so eagerly." Yukina then arrived with a Japanese tea set in a tray after a moment of disappearance. "So, I take it that you want to invest in more antiques after you have sold off your lawn gnomes?"

"Rattus-san, why are you talking about lawn gnomes?" Yukina asked him while she was pouring tea in the cups.

"Yukina, it turns out that Mister Henderson here apparently wants to invest in antiques. He bought lawn gnomes as a part of his retirement plan, before it was stolen by this group of so-called 'namblies' according to him." Rattus then takes a cup of tea and blows it to cool the contents a bit, before taking a sip.

"Oh, that is sad." Yukina commented with worry. She then turned towards Henderson and asked, "Are they thieves, oji-san, these namblies?"

"Sold them off?!" had Henderson been drinking any tea at that point, he might have spit it out. As it is, it is fortunate he isn't drinking any.

"Rattus, I have no intention of selling them," he says, "That's actually part of the reason I wanted my retirement payment in Lawn Gnomes, so I always have something interesting to look at. As for the namblies," he turns to Yukina, "Thieves, certainly. They call themselves, 'Disciples of the Yellow King'. Something about some guy named...what was it...'Hastur' I think. The Detective mentioned something about something he called an 'Outer God'. Of course, then he went all crazy and I ended up running him over with a Tanker... And they've got the ugliest poodles. They're so ugly, if you didn't know they were poodles, you'd think they were some beast from what Fink called 'That which man as never meant to know'...Well, at least, until the Detective got him while he was acting all crazy. And that dapper fellow, Breckinridge, mentioned something about being them enemies of some...Cthulu cult, I think. Well, if they weren't before, they certainly are after we dropped that one nambly's yacht on that dinner party. Hah!" Henderson sits back as he revels in the memory.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 03:55:26 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 27, 2014, 07:08:56 PM »
Sarse

Sarse choked out a nervous laugh. "You're definitely flirting with me now," he muttered in resignation, propping himself on the driver's seat of his motorcycle again.

He had no particular reason to refuse her request. Attempting to evade her was not going to diminish his anxiousness, and he was sure that she wasn't the oddest being to meet in this strange world, even if she was certainly the most awe-inducing so far by implication of what she really was.

He put on his helmet again and adjusted the visor before looking back at Ann. "Best hold on." He offered, grabbing the handlebar of his vehicle.

Sarse whispered under his breath a brief and wordless hymn of heaven, and the engine came to life. They were prepared to go.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 27, 2014, 08:02:09 PM »

The shrouded dark knight was still staring at the pink-haired Servant when something flashed from the downed changeling. He reflexively tried to shift to the right to avoid the incoming attack, but it was already too late. His speed may be the stuff of legends, but even he could not outrun light itself.

It burned. Skin reddened, then began to peel and turn black as the shining light tried to roast him alive. The armored chestplate rapidly heated, causing it to steam against the chilly night air. Lancelot roared in pain and animalistic fury. He staggered about, trying to escape the agony while barely managing to keep hold of his improvised weapon. The heat subsided, but the pain lingered.

With an enraged shout, the berserker shot at Mordred again, making a powerful sweep from the right with his makeshift battle axe.

Mordred

The beam of light bought her time to regain her footing and prepare to parry or dodge the incoming attack. Now being sure she cannot take down the mad warrior even if she found an opening to use that Contract of hers again. She had to think quickly how to bail out of the situation because Faustus' Reinforcement was just a temporary buff and only reason she could defend herself.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 11:38:54 PM by Kat »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 27, 2014, 09:05:40 PM »
Ann

Ann's laughter rang out as she wrapped her arms around Sarse and placed her chin on his left shoulder. "You're very adorable, little angel. Do you have a specific location in mind or will we simply wander?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 27, 2014, 11:12:35 PM »
"Are you sure you won't be needing help, Sorcerer?" Adjutor asks, quickly factoring in his remaining mana stocks (not looking good, but not too bad either), Caster's demonstrated abilities (summoning, beams, those shadow-thingies, shields. Likely has further abilities not yet demonstrated.), the black warrior (seems to be focused entirely on the non-human person, berserk, ridiculously strong), the non-human (out-ranges the black warrior, capable of seemingly effective beam attacks, agile enough to keep up), and Rider (Ridiculously fast, but those nails might have a tough time with that armor, and her mana stocks might not be able to sustain her for long if she has to summon another Pegasus, blindfold indicates further abilities).

"If you require assistance, Sorcerer, I might be able to help you there," Adjutor says, opening up a hole in the shield for Faust, "And I'll still be protecting the hospital by keeping that black warrior away."

Faust exited through the battered hospital entryway, taking care to avoid the battered metal. Shards of glass broke beneath the soles of his feet as he walked. He began walking up the air, to a bystander it would have looked like he was going up invisible stairs. If one looked closer, they would see small bluish disortions beneath his feet. He snapped his fingers, and a black circle appeared slightly above and behind his head, and started spinning rapidly.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 27, 2014, 11:39:42 PM »
Mordred

But she had a trick in her sleeve to distract Lancelot enough to hopefully better evade him for a while. She made herself radiate with white searing light of the summer sun in order to blind him, though everyone who could see her would be affected too.

(She used Battle Bright Contract, can only use it once per day)

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 28, 2014, 02:50:03 AM »
Mia

Mia saw the man’s outstretched hand through her view was clouded from the tears. She quickly wiped away the tears with the rags that acted as a sleeve and reached out to him.

Her hand stopped before it reached his however. She sniffed looked up at the nice man, her thoughts a cloud.

She then jumped into his arms and gave him a hug, holding on tightly as if this man had saved her from something. She only turned away to look at the woman, she was saying funny things, so Mia let out a giggle and was once more smiling happy there was a nice man and woman around her.  It felt like she had a mama and papa.

However she quickly sneaked a singular glance at the meanie, her eyes gaining a dangerous edge as they slightly flash, red miasma being released before dissipating.

Rebeca

The first thing Rebeca heard when she started to regain consciousness was the sound of someone panicking and running. Her head was pounding, feeling as if it was about to explode.

She had heard something she should have never heard.

Then she noticed she was being carried, like a sack of potato. She knew it was Donnel, his thoughts made that obvious.

Also, Make like a tree and leave? Who says that? Who would even come up with something like that.

Letting out a sigh she finally talked, wiping away some drool that dripped out while she was out of it. 

She then noticed where they were. “Uhh, are we in a dumpster or something?"

Crest

Crest was vaguely away that he was being carried away, his head was spinning from the blow even now.

And he hurt; he really, really fucking hurt. But at least it did not seem like anything was broken. Well, maybe a rib or two, but that would not be too bad compared to a limb.

He groaned as he was dropped on the mossy ground. Forcing himself into a sitting position, he took note that his bow was next to him, undamaged as well. Fantastic.

He looked at his savior; she was a rather good looking woman, dressed in fancy but darker colored armor, and with equally fancy and high quality equipment.

Made him slightly jealous when all he had was a rather normal wooden bow.

“Thanks for that.” He said while stretching his arms. “Names Crest, mind helping me up? I’m a bit sore.”

Grenth

A phone began to ring with a classical tone, its sound echoed though out the study. It was suddenly picked up, by a more elderly gentleman.

“Grenth speaking, what is your business?” The voice of the man echoed, as he moved one of the chess pieced on the board in front of him. It was overwhelmingly his advantage; he just had to finish the game.

“H-hey, old man, thank god you picked up. Listen I need your help, there is an issue at the hospital, some fucking crazies are running amok, causing all sorts of chaos. “A panicked voice rushed out.

“Calm down boy.” Was the old man’s simple reply, “I don’t understand what you expect me to do about it. I am enjoying a simple game of chess. I can hardly reach there any time soon.”

If possible the boy seemed to panic more, “DAMN IT OLD MAN I NEED YOUR HELP, CAN’T YOU LIKE, MAGIC YOURSELF OV- HOLY SHIT A SPEAR, WHO STILL USES SPEARS!”

Yes, the yelling made it quite obvious he did not calm down.

The man sighed, "I will attempted to be there soon, however I will not promise anything.”

He gave one final word as he moved one more chess piece, “Try not to die.” And he hung up. “Checkmate.” He said to his opponent as he grabbed his cell phone, something one of his students insisted he get.

The shade that was manipulating the shadows to move the pieces pulsed. “How rude, I know you hate me but that is no reason to call my mother a female dog.” Was the man’s response, almost as if he understood it. The shadow pulsed again and with it Grenth frowned, "Please, our dislike is mutual, nothing you say can make me dislike you more. You might as well stop."

He then left and began to walk to the hospital. Perhaps he can get a cab… if he felt like it.

Or who knows, perhaps he should see what the police are up to, there might be an autopsy he could before, now that would be interesting.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 05:57:32 AM by Knick »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 28, 2014, 04:01:34 AM »
Tar

It was a good thing Henry's emotions didn't leak out and that he barely had to try if he wanted to contain them. Because why the hell did people keep walking into his crime scene? He was going to chew out the guys for it this time, he swore.

He turned away from examining the scene to face the man, who was apparently some kind of authority, based on the way he had introduced himself and how he dressed. The Demon had never heard the terms before, so he jumped to the likely conclusion that the newcomer was from yet another universe and had ended in the Nexus by chance. Still, he was barging in on their job, and Henry would've had him leave immediately, if not for the insight he offered on the incident they were currently trying to wrap their heads around. And Tar would not turn down likely options for the who, why, and how of this gruesome scene.

"One, sorry to say whatever authority you belong to does not technically exist here, and in any other case I would've kicked you out and heard you out later. Which brings me to Two: what the hell is a genestealer and how do they usually operate?" Henry asked, folding his arms in front of his chest.

Butler

At his lord's call, Butler silently stepped out of the shadows. Bowing, he laid down a tea set with cups already filled with a steamy rich-looking blend on the table close to Vlad's throne.

"Excuse me. I did not want to interrupt your engagement." He explained, before reaching for the object Wiseman had created. "May I?"

At receiving affirmation, Butler took the cane into his hands and carefully scrutinized it. He tested its weight, ran his gloved hands over its surface, and verified what flexibility it had. Then, nodding to himself, he took a few steps back and turned to the side in a combat stance.

Grasping the cane like a weapon, he swung with superhuman force. His grip adjusted as he shifted between different forms, making the air whistle with a series of incredibly fast movements. He swung down, to the left, swept to the right, clubbed up...

With a final effort, he flipped it in his hands, and stabbed the air with its tip facing upwards in a burst of strength. The shockwave made the air tremble, and released a powerful wave of extremely cold air in the motion, freezing the space in front of him with extreme force.

Butler relaxed, dropping out of his stance as little ice crystals floated to the ground in front of him and a white layer of snow stood over a part of the room now. Turning back to Wiseman, he nodded his approval and spoke.

"This is of the most excellent craft. Its flexibility is perfect, its toughness makes it an excellent tool for many purposes, and its unique ability should prove quite useful. Very potent."

With a pleased nod to Vlad, he continued, "Wiseman has presented quite the gift, my lord. I vouch for his ability."

Sarse

Sarse had a feeling she was being more cuddly than necessary, but didn't comment on it. Instead he revved the engine, and set off towards the same direction he was originally planning to go before this very interesting meeting. Steadily increasing the speed, motorcycle rumbling heartily beneath them, he raised his voice to speak over its noise to Ann.

"I felt something really old and powerful resonate from this direction. I was going to investigate when my pace was awkwardly broken by our acquaintment just now. Any idea what it was?"

If he was wrong about one thing,  he could just as easily be wrong about two, after all.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 05:18:24 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 28, 2014, 04:29:18 AM »
EMIYA SHIROU

The magus gave the blond girl a cold smile as she called him a “Cosmic Wanker”, not that he really knew what it meant. Presumably it was an insult, not that he really cared. Hell, maybe she would use it if he needled her a bit more, rather than calling him Archer.

“Maybe you should, vampire.” His eyes twinkled in amusment, but it wasn’t the friendly kind.

It was at that moment that Mia decided to forego taking his hand in favor of jumping onto him, her arms around his neck as she giggled merrily, giving a big smile to both him and Forest. His smile became warm and genuine, his spirits lifting at the girl’s joy. Shirou knew that he wasn’t normal, that he couldn’t find happiness in anything but the happiness of other people, but that was ok. He knew this was a good path, the right path. He gently lifted her up and plunked her back down on his shoulders, the way he had done for his younger sister a few times when she had been missing Berserker.

“Let’s get off this roof,” Shirou said as he began to make his way towards the stairs.

LANCELOT

The Berserker roared in impotent fury at the blinding light. He continued his charge, smashing his street sign through the space where his instincts best judged her last location to be. Instead of flailing around aimlessly however, Lancelot spread his legs and held his ground, holding his weapon in front of him in a defensive posture, waiting until he heard the scuffle of feet on the ground or the swish of his enemy’s spear.
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 28, 2014, 04:42:04 AM »
Rider entered through the barrier as soon as it was opened, and turned to address Adjutor.

"As some massive mana flash blinded me before the fight really got started, I can't really judge, and considering that I kinda jumped to conclusions about you, I can't really call you out for not thinking of the other possibilities...But...I'm guessing that your existence is fueled by mana, and that the massive mana flash that blinded me was from your Pegasus. In that case...How are you doing on your stores? I can easily provide enough to recompense you for this battle", said Adjutor.

"Erm, well, I don't think this is the place for that....

I'm fine for now, anyway, although I will need a source of prana at some point. My reserves were full when I arrived, and whilst the last battle did use a substantial amount, I can still last for a few days yet."

Rider listened as Faust and Adjutor conversed about going outside.

Well, he did say they were allies before. Not sure why he didn't ask me to protect Sakura, though....

Then, Adjutor turned to her.

"That is, of course, if you'd be willing to stay here," he said.

Rider couldn't help but notice that he was avoiding looking at her, presumably because of her outfit. So, with the battle over, she changed back into her usual casual clothing.

"Of course, I would be glad to protect Sakura. I promise I will not allow her to come to any harm."