Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474519 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #435 on: December 02, 2014, 04:56:25 PM »
Mordred

"Hmph, fine, but I'm not responsible if you die by accident from collateral damage or something" Mordred was skeptical about this little creature surviving any long in this madhouse of a city. "Sword? That maniac was beating up people with glass shards and lampposts, he did not use any proper weapon. Weird thing."

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 02, 2014, 05:06:00 PM »
Puck

Mordred

"Hmph, fine, but I'm not responsible if you die by accident from collateral damage or something" Mordred was skeptical about this little creature surviving any long in this madhouse of a city.

"Oh c'mon, don't be like that, baby," Puck cooed at her in a plush bathrobe and a glass of wine in one hand, "I'll make it worth your while.~"

She was really starting to remind him a little bit of that edgy angry head Guts. But with a nicer face and blonde hair. Oh yes, blonde hair. He must nestle in that hair of hers, it must be nice.

"Sword? That maniac was beating up people with glass shards and lampposts, he did not use any proper weapon. Weird thing."

"So not him. Dammit, that idiot," the fairy sighed at this news, "Where could he be?"
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 05:06:41 PM by Puck-Chan »

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 02, 2014, 05:16:58 PM »
Mordred

"Uhh, just don't get into my way. I have some business to do, and a dangerous one. I need to find a trod, and briarwolves will snack on you if you are not careful enough. But..." Mordred realized that the hob might have been useful for something "... if you are one of those hobs that know where are Goblin Fruits or trods are, you can prove to be useful after all. You could be my pet if you could do it " she grinned.

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 02, 2014, 05:31:18 PM »
Puck

Mordred

"Uhh, just don't get into my way. I have some business to do, and a dangerous one. I need to find a trod, and briarwolves will snack on you if you are not careful enough. But..." Mordred realized that the hob might have been useful for something "... if you are one of those hobs that know where are Goblin Fruits or trods are, you can prove to be useful after all. You could be my pet if you could do it " she grinned.

"Hm, such trifling matters," Puck declared as he is somehow back in those noblemen clothes, "But nevertheless, I shall lend you my assistance, my pretty lass. Just don't ever call me a pet."

He frowned back at the girl at the end of his sentence. Puck was already keenly aware of his small size, hell he was kept in a cage and was used as a target for throwing knives by some stupid drunkards. He didn't need someone to keep reminding him of that stupid stuff.

"If you're done making a snow angel on the ground, shall we go?"

> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 02, 2014, 05:39:16 PM »
Grenth

“Why would I interrupt it?” Grenth asked. “It is very simple; I dislike it when lives are ended so whenever I come across such situations where such as thing is possible I put an end to them.”

It was a simple, reasonable statement. Grenth did not like to see life end before its time to, for such a thing to be taken away would be a crime against the world.

He was willing to make exceptions at times, but in such a case, two strangers fighting with lethal intent, Grenth could not stand by and watch.

“Now, I suppose introductions are in order, I am Grenth.”

Crest

Crest nodded and he wondered if his money would be taken here. If not, well, then he would just have to steal some supplies. No harm no foul.

“Ya, that sounds like a good idea, you lead, I don’t want to get lost in this place. Last thing I need is to run into a pack of those demon deer.”

Mia

Mia pouted as Forest held out the phone; apparently it had someone in it. Weird toy, was it magic?

Either way Mia wasn’t going to let someone talk to the nice man and make him sadder, so with her speed he snatched the phone and appeared at the other side of the roof.

She then held it to ear like she saw the woman did, “Hey, are you a nice person.” She asked, making sure the person would not be mean to the nice man.

Too bad she was holding the cellphone upside down, probably making it impossible for the other person to actually hear her well or understand her if they could. 

Rebeca

She gave Donkey a smile, “My names Rebeca, it’s nice to meet you.”

She reached down and fiddled with her volume a bit, making sure it was as loud as it could be. She wanted to make sure she did not have another episode.

“So, are you new in town?” She started, hoping to start some small talk despite already knowing the answer.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 02, 2014, 05:48:44 PM »
Mordred

"Snow angel?" Indeed, that was the outcome of her moving the limbs after she recovered her strength. "Very funny" she snarked after she stood up "You know, I don't like Winter much, it's such sad season. I prefer Summer, Spring or even Autumn. Well, then. Can you keep up with me, little guy? Or you will sit on my shoulders like a parrot?"

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 02, 2014, 05:56:36 PM »
Time

Grenth

“Why would I interrupt it?” Grenth asked. “It is very simple; I dislike it when lives are ended so whenever I come across such situations where such as thing is possible I put an end to them.”

It was a simple, reasonable statement. Grenth did not like to see life end before its time to, for such a thing to be taken away would be a crime against the world.

He was willing to make exceptions at times, but in such a case, two strangers fighting with lethal intent, Grenth could not stand by and watch.

“Now, I suppose introductions are in order, I am Grenth.”

Great, a pacifist getting in the way. Not that Time hated such people, but they certainly got in the way for him having some fun. He couldn't quite stay angry at this person, but--

"Time," he tersely introduced himself as he started to rub his crossed arms with his hands. It was really getting cold.

With a finger pointing at the Dead Apostle, the swordsman continued, "You realize this boyo right there consumes people? What would you do with him?"

Puck

Mordred

"Snow angel?" Indeed, that was the outcome of her moving the limbs after she recovered her strength. "Very funny" she snarked after she stood up "You know, I don't like Winter much, it's such sad season. I prefer Summer, Spring or even Autumn.

"You're a spring person too? That makes two of us," the elf fairy mused at this, "Winter is a pain, the cold makes it hard to fly around with these babies. Ya see?"

He wiggled his insect wings to make a point, dust spilling over to the snowy ground.

Well, then. Can you keep up with me, little guy? Or you will sit on my shoulders like a parrot?"

"Ha, you're funny, lady," snorted Puck, "I don't mind sharing this scarf if you want though~"

He held up the filthy article piece of clothing at her, full of dirt, sweat, and maybe a bit of bile that covered him in a toga and turban.

"Unless that armor is a lot warmer than it looks."
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 05:57:08 PM by Puck-Chan »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 02, 2014, 06:08:37 PM »
"You're a spring person too? That makes two of us," the elf fairy mused at this, "Winter is a pain, the cold makes it hard to fly around with these babies. Ya see?"

He wiggled his insect wings to make a point, dust spilling over to the snowy ground.

"No, I'm a summer person. That's the season my powers are associated with. Also with a fire element to some extent" She explained to the hob. "I guess I could strike a Contract with other Seasons, but only learn basic clauses. So that would be a waste of effort on my part. I learned do more general stuff too. Make myself more lucky or for example"

"Ha, you're funny, lady," snorted Puck, "I don't mind sharing this scarf if you want though~"

He held up the filthy article piece of clothing at her, full of dirt, sweat, and maybe a bit of bile that covered him in a toga and turban.

"Unless that armor is a lot warmer than it looks."

"If you see my Mantle, that's a rhethorical question?" To anyone able to pierce through Mordred's Mask the aura of heat and summer warm she emanated was obvious. "You can discard those rags which origin I honestly don't want to know"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 02, 2014, 06:10:35 PM »
Sarse

The Angel of Choice eyed Death suspiciously as she came back, with the most innocent and innocuous expression on her, such that even without searching the Symphony, he knew she was scheming something. Something that may or may not be related to his clothes. Wary, but doing his best to maintain a level expression (despite his rather haphazard state of dress), Sarse entered the shop with Ann, determined to find at least some pants.

It was ridiculous. How were there absolutely no pants or suit jackets to be found of his exact size? Was the universe itself conspiring against him? No. No, he had a feeling the answer to that and the empty holes in stacks all around in the store was much closer to him and much smaller in scale. Specifically, busying herself in the dressing stall he was standing next to with a number of clothes she had decided to try on a whim.

"Damnit it all." He exhaled.

[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 02, 2014, 06:21:54 PM »
Puck

"If you see my Mantle, that's a rhethorical question?" To anyone able to pierce through Mordred's Mask the aura of heat and summer warm she emanated was obvious. "You can discard those rags which origin I honestly don't want to know"

"Heh, don't mind if I do" Puck grinned as he simply threw the dirty scarf off to the side and flew off near the girl. The warmth was relieving, calming actually as it was an escape from the biting coldness.

"Ohhh... yes. You're a lifesaver."

The fairy shivered in delight and then flew to sit on the pauldron, her shoulder. As if to show his relief, Puck again showed the comically impossible as he's in some metallic drum with warm water. Almost as if he were bathing in it as a towel folded on his forehead.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 02, 2014, 06:28:46 PM »
Mordred

"Now only to find that damn gate. In that direction, huh?" She pinpointed rough direction by which she should head to reach area where Hedge gate through which she came to Nexus was located. "Now strap on, little guy, I don't have car on hand so I will run" And ran she did, as fast she could without exhausting herself.

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 02, 2014, 06:31:40 PM »
Mordred

"Now only to find that damn gate. In that direction, huh?" She pinpointed rough direction by which she should head to reach area where Hedge gate through which she came to Nexus was located. "Now strap on, little guy, I don't have car on hand so I will run" And ran she did, as fast she could without exhausting herself.

"GO MY FABULOUS STEED!" Puck cried in overdone dramatic manner, "AT DAWN, WE RI---WHOA!"

As the armored woman ran, the fairy clung onto her pauldron as she sped through the snow.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 02, 2014, 06:53:30 PM »
Mordred

One hour passed when they reached the park from which Mordred emerged. "The Hedge Gate should be somewhere here." Finally she found it, a pathway between two old trees. "Once we go there, we should prepare for the worst, there is lot of dangerous stuff out there" saying that, she crossed the barrier between Nexus and its Hedge. To eyes of the wanderers, a habitat full of brambs and old trees forming something akin to maze opened. "Let's pray we don't stray of the path. Can you sense anything like Goblin Fruits nearby?"

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 02, 2014, 07:12:33 PM »
Rebeca

She gave Donkey a smile, “My names Rebeca, it’s nice to meet you.”

She reached down and fiddled with her volume a bit, making sure it was as loud as it could be. She wanted to make sure she did not have another episode.

“So, are you new in town?” She started, hoping to start some small talk despite already knowing the answer.

She introduces herself as my feet hit the ground, and I can't help but feel a certain familiarity from her name. My cousin's cousin is called Rebecca, though she thinks I'm a sweaty, smelly, farty and burpy boy who is a poop. And I love her too.

"Nice to meet you," I said as I looked down at my shirt to see if the dumpster adventure ruined it. Thankfully, or maybe regretfully, sailor green was looking perfectly fine, and maybe a little smug about it. Was this shirt possessed? Was sailor Jupiter (I think) secretly real and trapped in this shirt, and also bent on tormenting me?

I didn't remember her personality from the like, two episodes my sister made me watch when I was four, so I couldn't know.

I was interrupted in my monologue by the generic "new in town" question.

"Sure, if by new in town you mean new in, uh, dimension?" Yeah, that sounded wittier in my head. Still, now what?

Right, MMA gym, port manor road.

"Hey, do you know where Port Manor Road is?"

Heck, we could do small talk on the way there.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 02, 2014, 11:33:59 PM »
Ann

"Damnit it all."

From the changing stall came a quiet and almost meek voice. "Sarse?" It was Ann's voice but it was strangely subdued, and as Sarse turned around with a look of confusion and a bit of wariness the stall opened and a hand quickly lashed out and pulled him in.

He was quickly tossed to the side of the stall opposite of the door as Ann moved in front of the door with a little smile. She was also carrying her rather large scythe with her and at her feet were a suit jacket and a pair of jeans. "You must be having a very hard time finding things that fit you, Little Angel. In fact, I even spent some of my time looking for something that you could wear and all I discovered were these two things."

Ann smirked for a bit longer before cutting a large gash into the front of the angel's boxers with an impossibly fast slice with her scythe. "Now, Little Angel, you have two choices before you. You can undress and take these clothes or we can stay in this stall. You can consider this the consequences for stopping that little game on the street. Begging won't help this time."

The situation was only made more uncomfortable for Sarse because of the fact that Ann was wearing practically nothing. A band of shadow covered her breasts and another one barely extending a few inches below her waist.

Caedia

The Arisen did what she had done countless times before and took lead. While the forest was a dangerous place filled with even more dangerous creatures they managed to leave the place without arousing too much trouble. Eventually they made it to the end of the thick trees and bushes where a land of metal ad concrete began. In the city the two of them would begin wandering around together for supplies and anything else the Nexus could offer them.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 02:24:06 AM by Umbra of Chaos »