Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474521 times)

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #525 on: December 08, 2014, 12:36:00 AM »
Henderson brings the truck up to ramming speed about halfway to the alleyway and takes a moment to jam a knife through the accelerator, forcing it all the way down. He then takes a bracing shot of whiskey from a hip flask, pops open the door, and hops out of a truck going at speeds approaching 100 MPH, landing on the heelies attached to his combat boots and using the momentum to start coasting back up the street.

The Truck smashes into the first nambly without an noticeable drop in speed, before smashing into a wall, triggering the explosives and igniting the fuel still in the tanker in a massive explosion that takes chunks out of buildings on either side and leaves the alleyway in front of the ice wall looking like a scene straight out of Hell, except with more metal. Henderson doesn't bother looking back at the explosion, already looking forward to perusing the store's wares. Maybe he'd find another spare pair of sunglasses, while he was at it. At the very least, he could get a few beers or some proper food...

Then the back trail of gasoline ignites, leading back to the gas station and into the half full holding tanks.

The second explosion actually surprises Henderson, the shockwave forcing a stumble out of him, tripping him and sending him rolling to a gradual stop.

Henderson then sits up and gazes upon the burning crater that used to be the gas station, taking another hit of the whiskey as he does so.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 08, 2014, 01:01:50 AM »

Quote from: Rider
"Caster, you attacked me. I never made a single aggressive move towards you or Sakura, all I ever did was attempt to prevent you harming Sakura. I understand why you acted as you did, I would have done much the same if I were in your position, but you cannot blame me for a fight you started.”

Faust stood with an annoyed look on his face while Rider ranted at him. “Why did you bring Rider into this? Real mature.

I brought her into the discussion because you were insulting her! I know Rider would never hurt me, that should be enough for you to trust her!

Quote from: Rider
As for me being a 'threat', I have lived with and protected the Sakura in my world for over 30 years. This Sakura is not quite the same, but she is just as deserving of love and protection as the one I know. I accepted Sakura's offer of a contract because I know she wants and needs me to be here for her and because I care for her and wish to protect her in every way possible, nothing more. If you care for Sakura at all, you will respect her decision.

I will never harm Sakura. I would die before I allowed Sakura to come to any harm. I would do literally anything to prevent Sakura being harmed", she said, her anger at Caster's attempt to force Sakura to act according to his wishes and not her own clear.

Faust waited for her to go on, but he was greeted by silence instead. He sighed, and took a deep breath. “Ms. Rider, you provoked the attack by walking directly towards us. What else was I supposed to do, let an unknown servant walk straight up to my master and kill her?

Then after I come back from fighting a powerful berserker, I find that my master has made a contract with not only a new servant, but one that I was fighting against less than an hour ago. Of course I’m going to be upset. I would’ve liked to at least be there when Sakura contracted you.” Faust finished his response with a huff, and walked over to Adjutor, lifting him off the ground. “Now, I think we should go home. It’s late. We can continue it there, if you wish.”

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 08, 2014, 01:17:41 AM »
[System Rebooting Completed]

[System Reboot Time - 217 seconds]

Elyssa's senses slowly focused in as information was gathered. She wasn't sure what exactly happened; the last thing she remembered was completing her objective, destroying the engines of Alberton's Flagship BB-067 Eternal Vigil over the city of Albion. The only conclusion as to why she was now laying in an alleyway is that she somehow fell off despite being within the air ship itself.

After doing a swift diagnostic check, Elyssa also concluded that it was a goddamn miracle she was undamaged.

"Check if that fucker is dead!"

She now realized that she was not alone here...

Quickly rising up, Elyssa saw that there were five soldiers bearing Duke Alberton's colors. Enemies. Before the closest one could bring up his Sunder Rifle, the Fair Lady drew her sword and cleaved him nearly in half. Before the second one could yell in response, she raised her left arm and fired a burst of Sundering Bolts, perforating his torso. "Shit! Run!" the same soldier as earlier screamed.

Two of them bolted down the snowy alley and into the street while the third foolishly stood his ground. She grabbed his head and smashed it against the building's wall like an eggshell. Elyssa then gave chase to the other riflemen, starting with a run but soon activating the thrusters on her back.

She was on them as they were trying to move around some vehicles. Elyssa's eleven hundred pound frame rocketing at a high speed crushed one of them against one of the cars. The final soldier tried to turn around open fire, but was promptly gutted by her Adamantium sword.

After Elyssa's blood lust was satiated did she notice all the people - civilians! - looking at her in shock.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 06:18:12 AM by MissingMandible »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 08, 2014, 01:27:16 AM »
Ann

Death itself stared at the silent angel. "Is your silence the affirmation that you have no objections, Little Angel? Good." Ann began to make herself comfortable on Sarse's chest before she started to rest. Her eyes closed and her breath calm and even as she held onto her newest plaything.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 08, 2014, 02:00:07 AM »
Sarse

Sarse hummed to himself, still playing with Ann's hair and enjoying the afterglow despite the unease creeping over his mind. That was when it occurred to him everyone in the shop had probably heard them. His free hand met his face with a dull slap. Damn it.

"We should probably get going." He said, in a quiet tone.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 02:00:42 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 08, 2014, 02:19:10 AM »
Ann

Ann opened her eyes at the sound of Sarse's palm meeting his face. When she heard his statement he slowly pulled herself off of him and her usual cloak materialized over her body again. Then she pushed open the stall door and saw the face of a flushed salesgirl. Death turned back to the angel and said, "If we need to get going then you should start moving, Little Angel."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 08, 2014, 02:24:18 AM »
 Sarse

The angel grumbled into his hand, avoiding the gaze of the salesgirl. "No sharing the cloak? Couldn't you... maybe give me some clothes made from it? Or let me take the ones you picked out?" He asked Ann, hopefully, as he got up and gathered his discarded clothing.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 08, 2014, 02:31:50 AM »
Ann

An impossibly fast slash with her fingers rotted and decayed the clothing she had picked out earlier in an instant. Then her cloak extended and shifted into two distinct sets of clothing. A sailor's uniform and a suit jacket with pants/ The only thing shared between the two of them was the tiny script that covered every inch of the clothing. "Property of Ann"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 08, 2014, 02:38:05 AM »
Sarse

His eye twitched slightly at the presented garments, but Sarse took the suit jacket and pants without a second guess and turned around to slip into them.

The angel internally cursed when he realized the clothes were almost too tight for comfort, but nonetheless put them on, before pulling Ann away from the stall by the hand with a hurried "Sorryandgoodday" to the speechless salesgirl.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 02:38:58 AM by YOLF »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 08, 2014, 02:51:41 AM »
Ann

As Sarse grabbed her arm and pulled her away from the shop Ann let out a gorgeous laugh. "Where do you plan on going next, Little angel?"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 08, 2014, 02:58:53 AM »
Sarse

Sarse blinked at her question. He wasn't really sure, to be honest. He really just wanted to get away from the awkwardness permeating the shop for the time. Walking along, his eyes probed the mall's remaining stores. He had a moment of insight when his gaze ran over a electronics shop.

"Well," he began, scratching the back of his head (despite the constricting shoulders of the suit jacket), "I did promise you a phone. And I don't exactly know anyone else around, so any number I could add to mine would be a relief. We could get dinner afterwards, as well?"

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 08, 2014, 03:00:39 AM »
On hearing his response to Sakura. Rider glared at Caster.

How dare he talk to Sakura like that. Just because he doesn't like her having another servant.

Then, Faust turned to her and sighed, before speaking once more.

“Ms. Rider, you provoked the attack by walking directly towards us. What else was I supposed to do, let an unknown servant walk straight up to my master and kill her?

Then after I come back from fighting a powerful berserker, I find that my master has made a contract with not only a new servant, but one that I was fighting against less than an hour ago. Of course I’m going to be upset. I would’ve liked to at least be there when Sakura contracted you”, he said with a huff.

Rider glared at him once more as he walked towards Adjutor. How could he possibly pin the blame on her for walking towards him?

“Now, I think we should go home. It’s late. We can continue it there, if you wish", he finished.

"I agree, Sakura needs rest, and I am sure she and I have things to discuss", Rider said.

"However, I cannot let what you said go. As I said before, I do not blame you for defending Sakura. However, I had no reason to know you were Sakura's servant, or that your intentions towards her were entirely non-hostile. I made no attempt to attack you and only ever attempted to defend Sakura from an unknown servant who seemed to be heading in her direction. You can no more blame me for that than I can blame you for doing the same. And, nor is it reasonable to hold the fact that you chose to attack me despite me showing no hostile intent whatsoever against me now that we know it was just an unfortunate misunderstanding.

As for Sakura's contract, it is none of your business. She has more than adequate prana supplies for us both, and she has the right to decide how to use them. You know my intentions towards her are not hostile, and that our fight was just a misunderstanding, and that is all that should matter. As long as it is in Sakura's interests you have no right to intervene", she continued, clearly annoyed at Caster's attitude.

Then, she took out her nail once more, slicing her neck and summoning her Pegasus.

"Anyway, I can take Sakura back on Pegasus, it will be quicker. I should be able to fit you and Adjutor on board as well, but it would be a bit of a squeeze. I would rather not risk Sakura falling. It is Sakura's decision, I shall take anyone she asks me to take, as long as doing so does not endanger her."
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 03:04:58 AM by Cherry Lover »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 08, 2014, 03:11:40 AM »
Quote from: Saber
Saber felt her face fell as Shirou cut their conversation short and she exchanged a few words with Forest.

"I think I'm out of my wheelhouse.  She's special."  Special as in the child is not human.

Saber nodded and said, "I see."  The vampire was being cautious.   "Well, please bring Shirou and the child here."

"Will do," Forest said, "See you hopefully soon."

Saber ended the call and looked at Rin.  She said, "We do not need to do anything.  They are coming here, but let us get you inside.  You are probably freezing and I would not want you to catch a cold."
"Yeah, probably a good idea," said Rin, her face somewhat flushed. She wasn't exactly dressed the best for the weather. She suddenly regretted not choosing to wear her school uniform and red long coat instead of her usual outfit. With that, she followed Saber, a certain wand following close behind, still out of arm's reach.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 08, 2014, 03:31:21 AM »
Ann

"Ah. so you're very into this 'date'?" Ann's arm wrapped around the angel as she slowly made her way towards the store. "I'm afraid you'll have to choose for me or I just might buy everything."

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 08, 2014, 03:50:50 AM »
Ezra Longinia

Ezra bolted as soon as the spear connected, running at top speed out of the area. His curse had, for some reason, focused on the golem as 'the giver of aggression' and not the magus, which he was grateful for. He got the hell out of dodge, just in case the mage retaliated with something else. He wasn't going to get sucked up into a random fight again - he'd only targeted the Dead Apostle because he had been right in front of him.

It was this instinct that saved Ezra's life.

A tanker truck came careening into the area, faster than Ezra could move. Eyes widening, the spear-bearer threw himself out of the way, scrambling to get clear from what was about to happen. As he tried to flee, the truck was sent straight on a course for the Dead Apostle, and then... it hit.

There was a flash of light and heat, paired with the screech of metal and the crackling of flames. At least, there should have been.

Ezra stood up, blinking in disbelief. A wall of black ice had risen up right after the truck had gone by, sealing off the alleyway and the explosion that he had heard. It was clearly magical, in some way or another - it had withstood the truck and remained mostly unscathed. Well, if this was the level of magic a potential enemy could throw at him, Ezra wasn't sticking around.

Quietly sighing to himself, he made to leave the scene.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 12:07:29 AM by Mooncake »
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]