Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474282 times)

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #720 on: December 27, 2014, 04:55:02 PM »
Than'Sanel
As she came in view, Sarse got up and opened his mouth to reproach her.

"What are you thinking, going wild like -", he began, blinking in surprise as he acnowledged the one accompanying her back into the restaurant. The man's symphony tingled with the use of power though he appeared mortal, as well as an indentifiable tint of calmness and nature. A mortal sorcerer? A shaman, as some cultures called them?

The celestial sighed, then asked, "She got you too?"
A tanned young man waited for Ann, while Than'Sanel trailed behind her. That the other man was concerned about Ann's blatant use of her "power" soothed the part of Than'Sanel that felt like he had following an entirely capricious destroyer. Upon being addressed, Than'Sanel tilted his head to one side, "I suppose that's one way to put it. Such blatant use of Black magic...er 'power' was like a dark beacon on the horizon for me. I had to make sure whoever, or whatever, was using it wasn't using it for ill." Than'Sanel let his gaze fall to Ann. "She is capricious and therefore unlike other Black 'power' users I have run across - and hated." He returned his gaze to the man who greeted him with the question, "My name is Than'Sanel. And your name is?"
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: December 29, 2014, 03:27:56 AM »

Surprisingly, the robot carrying him didn't simply break the wall down, instead opting to walk right through it with a loud hissing noise.

Whatever it is she used to do that, I want one.

We already have one, we just need to figure out how to use it.

Shouldn't take much, just a bit of tinkering.

Only because we've seen it used.

Well, it should be the same general theory for the other stuff she's got on her. I mean, they're all runes.

At this point, the awkward pair have made their way into the warehouse proper, to find that it's not a warehouse at all. The pitch-black surroundings are a non-issue for Adjutor, who looks around for a moment before being unceremoniously thrown to the floor and finding himself under the robot's foot with a pair of rods of some kind- ah, it seems to be a conduit of some sort. Likely something made to compensate for the lack of flesh and blood to channel the magical energy.

So this one has spells aside from the runes...

Makes sense, would be rather unfortunate if the runes were somehow damaged beyond use.

Then the robot makes its demands known, with the twin rods still pointed at the teen's head.

"Adjutor Xarrest," he says simply, "Would it do any good to say that this isn't necessary if all you want is information?"

Then Adjutor's eyes are drawn to the runes on the leg holding him down, taking a moment to memorize those, he then notices more runes, different ones this time, on the arm holding the casting rod, and takes a moment to study those as well.

Well this is certainly an interesting place.

More pressing question is whose house we've ended up in this time...

"You are a Battle Mage, Adjutor. This is the correct course of action." Elyssa growled out, "Now, in what city are we in? Are we in Helka? Or one of the colonies?"
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 04:31:15 AM by MissingMandible »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 29, 2014, 05:32:57 AM »
Would it be worth it to correct her?

Probably not.

"None of the above, actually," Adjutor says, having finished with the runes on the robot/golem's arms and moving on to the one on its chest, right next to whatever it used to phase through the door earlier, "You're in the Nexus. No clue how, but there isn't really any getting out. It's kinda like a singularity, only without the spaghetification and compression into the closest thing you can get to a point mass."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 29, 2014, 10:15:55 PM »
EMIYA SHIROU

Shirou nodded with satisfaction when Law was given a blanket by a confused paramedic and went to find Mia, figuring that he would be okay for now. He could hear the vampire instructing her to wait by the car and not enter the crime scene, to which the young girl balked. He eyed her for a moment, not sure if leaving her to her own devices was a risk worth taking.

“Go inform Saber that we’re here. I’ll watch after Mia for now,” the archer said to the attractive blonde. He could feel his heart beat slightly faster, knowing that she was here, right now. Hopefully whatever business she was up to would be concluded soon.

AKIHOLARME

Aki looked at Rebeca through her helmet’s visor with interest as they continued to walk. So this place wasn’t just a foreign land, but rather a foreign land made up of foreign lands. It would perhaps explain the inelegant and haphazard way the city’s architecture was strewn about. She continued to ponder this while falling snow started to stick to her dark armor, slowly coating her head and shoulders with a film of white.

“An entire district of vampires you say?” the lady knight asked distantly. Morthal had certainly been a community for vampires before she had laid siege to them, and then there was Serana and her family. Aki hoped she was doing alright.

SAMUEL IBARRA

The unhinged grin plastered on Mordred’s face was like a warning siren to the soldier that this lady definitely wasn’t quite all there. The young man, however, was completely unperturbed, rather he went and laid down a challenge to combat.

Then the old man and giggling maniac girl vanished into thin air, to be replaced by a black void of a being hiding under a robe. Ibarra looked on in stunned surprise as Mordred identified the thing as a familiar. He had heard of familiars before, but certainly none so humanlike, or powerful. Perhaps there was more going on here than he realized.

“Hey now, cool your jets. I can’t allow you two to start a death match, especially not in a public facility,” he said while looking between the three warily, hand again hovering near his holstered sidearm. It was true that as a member of both the military and police here in the Nexus it was his duty to prevent shit like this from going down, but even more importantly he couldn’t afford to let this chance go to waste by letting Mordred get killed before he learned anything.
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 30, 2014, 12:32:01 AM »
David

“Hey now, cool your jets. I can’t allow you two to start a death match, especially not in a public facility,”

The redhead waved his hand at the soldier's concerns and said, "No need to worry so much, Ibarra. Mordred did promise to erect a barrier to shield the fight from outside influence so I doubt you have anything to worry about. I also promise to be gentle with our mutual acquaintance. No point in slitting her throat for such a little challenge."

Then David shifted his attention over to Mordred and with a smile made a short bow. "Now, let's begin. You may raise the barrier now. I'm sure this little spar will be enjoyable."
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 12:32:58 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: December 30, 2014, 12:36:03 AM »
A tanned young man waited for Ann, while Than'Sanel trailed behind her. That the other man was concerned about Ann's blatant use of her "power" soothed the part of Than'Sanel that felt like he had following an entirely capricious destroyer. Upon being addressed, Than'Sanel tilted his head to one side, "I suppose that's one way to put it. Such blatant use of Black magic...er 'power' was like a dark beacon on the horizon for me. I had to make sure whoever, or whatever, was using it wasn't using it for ill." Than'Sanel let his gaze fall to Ann. "She is capricious and therefore unlike other Black 'power' users I have run across - and hated." He returned his gaze to the man who greeted him with the question, "My name is Than'Sanel. And your name is?"

Sarse

The angel almost sighed in agreement of the man's complaints about Ann.

"True, she may be capricious, but I know people much more malicious than her. A small boon, I suppose." He said, getting up from his seat. With a polite smile he extended a hand to Than'Sanel, and offered "You can call me Sarse."
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 30, 2014, 03:00:06 AM »
Then David shifted his attention over to Mordred and with a smile made a short bow. "Now, let's begin. You may raise the barrier now. I'm sure this little spar will be enjoyable."

"Right, right, I'm not fighting to kill either" Mordred snapped her fingers and the barrier of thorns manifested and surrounded them, the radius of the circle being 10 yards. She reached for her spear and taunted the opponent "Go ahead, it will be boring if it disperses before the fight starts for real"

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 30, 2014, 04:00:51 AM »
Would it be worth it to correct her?

Probably not.

"None of the above, actually," Adjutor says, having finished with the runes on the robot/golem's arms and moving on to the one on its chest, right next to whatever it used to phase through the door earlier, "You're in the Nexus. No clue how, but there isn't really any getting out. It's kinda like a singularity, only without the spaghetification and compression into the closest thing you can get to a point mass."
"I...What?" Elyssa sputtered.

It made the most sense - there were things here that she didn't even know existed -, yet it sounded like something from a poorly written movie. It was the kind of thing that only answers the Where, leaving out the when, why, and how.

However, this Adjutor couldn't be lying. Who would lie about something like this, while being threatened with death, to escape? That would be a lie that four year old child would call bullshit on.

Elyssa lowered her casting arm and removed her foot from the man's stomach. Warily stepping away, she asked the foremost question on her mind: "How do I return to my world, then?"

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 30, 2014, 05:11:55 AM »
David

"Right, right, I'm not fighting to kill either" Mordred snapped her fingers and the barrier of thorns manifested and surrounded them, the radius of the circle being 10 yards. She reached for her spear and taunted the opponent "Go ahead, it will be boring if it disperses before the fight starts for real"

The Hidden did not react at all to the thorns that had wrapped around the area and simply stood stoically with the endless void in its hood staring at Mordred. Then, in an almost mocking gesture, the cloaked figure tilted its head at the knight and a robed hand gestured her to come closer.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 30, 2014, 03:29:26 PM »
Than'Sanel
"True, she may be capricious, but I know people much more malicious than her. A small boon, I suppose." He said, getting up from his seat. With a polite smile he extended a hand to Than'Sanel, and offered "You can call me Sarse."
The man in white and green accepted the handshake. "I would have to agree with that assessment, given some of the people - and beings - I have had the misfortune to run across. Well met, Sarse." He let go of the offered hand and looked between the other two, "If it wouldn't be any trouble, could either of you tell me where 'here' is? That's the main question on my mind at present."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 30, 2014, 04:18:11 PM »
Ann

Death incarnate walked behind Sarse and rested her chin on his shoulder before responding to Than'Sanel. "This is the Nexus. A fun little mixing pot of countless dimensions. It constantly draws things in and isn't very willing to let them leave afterwards."

As she said this her hands wandered into Sarse's shirt and rested on his bare chest. "It's either impossible or extremely difficult to leave. In either case apparently no one has managed it."

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 30, 2014, 05:30:32 PM »
Than'Sanel
Death incarnate walked behind Sarse and rested her chin on his shoulder before responding to Than'Sanel. "This is the Nexus. A fun little mixing pot of countless dimensions. It constantly draws things in and isn't very willing to let them leave afterwards."

As she said this her hands wandered into Sarse's shirt and rested on his bare chest. "It's either impossible or extremely difficult to leave. In either case apparently no one has managed it."
Ann and Sarse's obvious relationship aside, several curses echoed through Than's mind. If Nexus was, as Ann stated, a somewhat sentient or instinctive Plane that did not like to let go of those it had a hold of, then he was not particularly wanting to antagonize it by trying to Planeswalk once more to try and get to Ravnica. "If what you say is true, then my hope of returning to my home 'dimension' is for naught. I do not want to be torn asunder by an instinctive reaction by Nexus while trying to leave."

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 30, 2014, 06:08:48 PM »
The Hidden did not react at all to the thorns that had wrapped around the area and simply stood stoically with the endless void in its hood staring at Mordred. Then, in an almost mocking gesture, the cloaked figure tilted its head at the knight and a robed hand gestured her to come closer.

"So you do have some personality. Fine, I'll show you my skill with spear!" She got a bit impatient with the hooded figure just standing there and charged like a wild dog at the being with the long spear in her hands. Once the fight commenced the thorns lit on fire.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 30, 2014, 06:22:23 PM »
David

Unperturbed by the fires that now surrounded it, The Hidden pulled back its arm and with inhumane quickness tossed a single throwing dagger at a speed that would be unavoidable to most normal humans. For this flawless assassin it was a lazy throw that was simply aimed at her torso with no specific vital point in mind, but at least it would be a test of her skill.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 30, 2014, 09:33:27 PM »
Mordred

Was that really a casual throw? Mordred could not tell. She barely deflected the dagger with her spear owing to her sheer skill and honed sense of danger. For her it was something serious indeed "Ughh, you are quick!" Maybe it was high time for a shift in tactics and staying on defensive for now.