Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474574 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #795 on: January 05, 2015, 11:00:54 PM »
Lorenzo Remei

Yukina, on the other hand, can't get herself to even look directly at Lorenzo, as she blushed heavily and had her hand held by him. Rattus noticed this reaction of hers to the man's compliments and looked directly at her, which prompted her to stand up, remove her penguin cap and finally introduce herself. "Um..." She stuttered, still feeling shy. She then bowed down and said, "...I am Yukina Aikawa. I am honored to meet you, Remei-san."

Witnessing Yukina's timid reaction, Remei couldn't help but puff.
"Pfffffft... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh god... Sorry, sorry.... Your reaction...Was priceless...Yukina."
Such a display had rend him unable to contain his laughter.

Yes, her shyness was most definitely cute, thus he decided he'd like to tease her a bit more. After all, it had been quite a long while since he had fun like this with such an adorable maiden.

"You truly are a charming girl, but no need to be so formal. Just call me Lorenzo.", the man added humorously before slipping a cheeky grin. 

"In fact, please, do not be so humble, the pleasure is all mine. You both have my utmost gratitude."

Rattus then was about to assist Lorenzo in sitting himself up from the floor when asked, "Do you feel less painful now? Could you move your arms or legs normally?"

Now having regained his composure, he realized the pain was now mostly gone, all that remained was a tingling sensation. "Damn, she is an incredible healer as well..." He thought, truly that potion was most impressive.
Struggling at first, Lorenzo managed to rise up with a few grunts.

Trying to move his legs and arms, much to his surprise it seemed he could manage to a slight degree.
"Well, shiver me timbers, it seems I can move 'em after all..." he replied, now himself quite surprised.

"Aye, I do feel a bit numb in a few places, but seems I'm rather well off, barely hurts now... whatever that brew was, t'was effective..." Lorenzo stated as he took a glance to his bleeding body.

"It's a mess isn't it? Can't even see from me left eye." Remei solemnly stated .
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:42:11 PM by francobull3 »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 06, 2015, 01:09:25 AM »
Ann

The cloaked woman drifted off away from Sarse at his words and her gaze took on a piercing quality as it searched through the people scattered throughout the mall before she sensed something. It was akin to a System but at the same time it was alien to her. Something that was impossible considering that she knew all the Systems and their domains, but somehow this one was unknown to her.

Her sight shifted towards the main entrance just as a man of bronze made its way into the mall. People parted and moved out of its way, awed and fearful of the entity's sheer presence. His features were the very definition of handsome and it was dressed in a gleaming armor with an ever changing symbols that were engraved into it. Instead of eyes there were only lustrous pools of blue light.

At the sight of Ann those glimmering pools narrowed and it opened its mouth to release an unholy sound. A sound not unlike a trumpet blared with enough volume to be heard throughout the entirety of the mall which soon began to feel the effects of whatever the being had done. It shook and shuddered before the most unlikely of thing happened. The mall began to liquefy. Walls began to collapse into muddy liquid along with the entirety of the first floor.

The sound of human bodies impacting against the ground and bones being broken filled the area. Humans on the ground floor and supernaturals who had survived the sudden surprise quickly began to flee the seemingly unstable building as the metal man stood at the center of it all. Then in an instant he lifted his hand and bursts of water were fired at the trio by the restaurant with enough force to puncture steel.

Wiseman

The aged man took a small sip of tea before beginning his story.  "I was born in the city-state of Cujam, and I had not even reached eight before I discovered my talent with magic. The magic that many sorcerers in this place use require mana but the magic of my world is a purer and older craft. We take in the energies of the elements and channel them through our bodies. Something that requires both caution and knowledge in order to tap into effectively. I was already superior to my older classmates when I was about twelve and once I had reached 16 I was already one of the most exceptional students my mentors had known."

The warlock smiled in nostalgia. The memory of the bumbling youth he had once been surfacing in his mind. "I was eventually called to the city of Duhr to take an apprenticeship under the Magi. Their lineage was filled with magic users of impossible strength, but they were perhaps the culmination of their family. I learned under them for ten years before my apprenticeship was over. What I brought back changed Cujam. Devices that could ward off monsters, or attract them, apparatuses that could increase the strength of magic, and my own personal projects: The Wings of Heart and magnus."

As he said this the area behind his back glowed with a bright light and multiple objects resembling daggers appeared behind Wiseman's back and constantly rotated in the shape of a circle. They constantly changed colors even as the magus continued to speak. "I discovered something unique within the heart of man. I called it forth and brought it into the material open. An expression of the soul and mind in the physical realm. It allowed my people to fly and it did something more. Some were made stronger, others gained greater senses, and others were also gifted with a myriad of smaller talents to aid them."

Then he reached into a pocket and pulled out one of the blank cards and placed it on the table. "But all of it would have been impossible without this. My greatest achievement. Everything in the universe has a physical component and a magna essence. Magnus allow me to draw out this magna essence and seal them. This does make the physical component fade from existence but the moment the magna essence is released it simply reforms the physical component around itself. However living beings cannot be stored within magnus, and through my experiments I discovered this quality that The Wings of Heart stem from. I can only assume this is what is stopping me from taking the magna essence of living creatures."

He drained the rest of his tea from the cup and then he raised the magnus. Prismatic light was pulled from the cup into the card and while the object soon faded from existence you could see the exact same cup inside the card. "This changed trade and warfare in Cujam in ways that no one was prepared for. I was made grand adviser to the king as we expanded our borders and made ourselves great. Other nations attempted to stop us but the advantage of magnus was an enormous one. I personally sacked the city of Alfard and razed one of the great rainforests of Anuenue. Cujam was a world power and I spent the majority of my life keeping it that way. And just as I kept it safe from threats on the outside I suppressed crime and corruption within. I've found that an iron fist is an incredibly useful tool. And now I am here."

Done with speaking Wiseman leaned back into his chair. "What about you, Butler? What is your origin?"
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 02:16:57 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 06, 2015, 12:16:07 PM »
Lorenzo Remei
[...]

"Hrhmn." Rattus grunted. "Maybe you'll soon get your sight on the left eye back in a matter of a few minutes. As for now, I guess I must officially receive you as a guest in the living room, Mister Remei."

He then adverted his gaze towards the still-blushing Yukina, who seemed to be a bit more embarrassed than before. Yukina looked at Rattus after she started to notice that she was being looked at. And after a few moments, she finally smiled sweetly, regaining her composure, but still blushing. She then said to Lorenzo, bowing slightly, "Please follow us to the living room, Remei-san. I will be serving tea and snacks."

"Indeed." Rattus affirmed her words. "Unless, of course, you don't want tea and you want to opt for a more..." He paused a bit. "...stronger drink, then I'll have to serve it myself." He then tipped his glasses back, tightened his tie and said, "Now, could you walk properly, or do we have to assist you?"

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 06, 2015, 02:36:37 PM »
ANATU

The savage beast whirled around and sank to all fours, ready to pounce. Anatu’s stomach twisted into knots and she froze in place, her body rigid. She was going to die. She was going to die. She could not fight this thing. The beast slashed at her with a roar, and she reflexively put her log in the way, but it was not going to be enough.

A blast of light – a spear maybe – lashed out at the monster, disintegrating most of it. The explosion sent the corpse tumbling into a messy heap of seared flesh. The ancient Babylonian made a horrified “eep” and scooted backwards, shocked by her attacker’s sudden immolation.

A man in white robes stood in the field several paces away. Something in his piercing blue eyes resonated with her, taking her back to the time she had met her better, and had the priveledge of seeing the King face to face. This man inspired a similar feeling, but he was not the King. She owed him no fealty.

The sound of crunching snow and barbaric howling brought Anatu out of her reverie, to find herself surrounded by numerous creatures, many of them even more twisted than the first. The blond quickly shifted closer to the robed man, instinctively seeking his protection. Time seemed to slow as adrenaline cycled through her system, putting her in a reactionary state of maximum awareness.

SAMUEL IBARRA

The soldier watched Mordred hobble away before turning to David with a hint of frustration.

“Some weird names, but all right. They your familiars or something?” Ibarra asked while pulling out a phone. No new messages or missed calls, so there were no new incidents to be investigated.

“Well there’s nothing urgent and there’s no point in talking to the blond lady now, so do you happen to have any more useful magic? The portal that happened around here is the best I’ve got right now.”
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 06, 2015, 06:13:22 PM »
Lorenzo Remei

"I am moved by ye hospitality and kindness, surely good fortune and happiness awaits both of you... there are no words to show enough gratitude for tending to me as such." Lorenzo murmured with a warm smile, taking hold of the Rapier before sheathing it in his scabbard.
"Aye, I would be most honored to be your guest." he added, now taking hold of the sheathed blade to emulate a walking cane in order to stand and walk.

As he took his first few steps, he approached Rarrus, holding out his hand with the intention to shake it.
"Don't fret mateys, I can take care of this, so no need to worry 'bout walking me. As for drink... would there be any rhum perhaps, sir Rattus?"

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: January 07, 2015, 12:17:40 AM »
Lorenzo Remei

[...]

"I see." Rattus then took Lorenzo's hand and shook it, holding on to it firmly. However, his demeanor didn't change from its usual dourness, and such showed on his face. "Then follow us."

The Manor's couple was about to go out of the room, when Rattus noticed the wrecked window. He then approached it and opted to close down the iron grilling, in order to re-strengthen the household's integral security. And then, they began their walk downstairs, towards the living room.

As soon as they have reached the living room, Yukina then told Lorenzo, "Please take your seat, Remei-san." before she herself sat on the sofa.

But she forgot that she would serve snacks for the guest of the house, so she was about to stand up until Rattus gestured to her to keep sitting instead, saying "I'll go get the food and drinks." Yukina understood this and nodded, as he left to the kitchen to fetch the aforementioned items.

Yukina then looked at Lorenzo, smiled at him and curiously asked, "So, um... What happened to you, Remei-san? Why did you crash at our window?"
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 12:19:01 AM by Ivan The Mouse »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: January 07, 2015, 01:08:38 AM »
Lorenzo Remei

Loenzo's face turned red, one wouldn't have been able to tell he was wounded in the first place.
"Um...well...you see..." Looking around nervously, he finally took a deep breath before answering to the girl. After all, Yukina did tend to his wounds, she deserved to know the truth...

"Aye, see, for dozen days and dozen nights, me belly's been aching for some food. I had not 'ate since me head crashed in this bloody cold place. I was in the middle o' nowhere! But with me brave heart and fierce hardy soul, I endured, walking aimlessly for ever. Then I found thee most shacked up battered tavern you'd find...".

Now completely lost in his tale, Lorenzo's initial reluctance faded in order to give place to his usual pompous banter.
"Alas blimey! I was about to splice the manbrace with some good ol' buckos I met there, when suddenly this scurvy dog decided to interrupt me, asking for bloody money. Look, back in me place if an innkeeper saw a famished able seaman, he'd feed him to his heart's content. Tried to make a run for it, but bloody dogs decided to impede me. Cheap scurvy even tried to shoot me for the 'ell of it!"

Now suddenly unsheathing his blade, Costin aimed for the cieling, as if pointing to the heavens themselves.
"But the thousand men crowding the inn were no match for me. No, for I am the greatest rider of the seven seas, Lorenzo Remei! In the blink of an 'eye, me body burst into flames like a mighty phoenix! Rising to the skies, I flew away with the grace of a seagull and the might of a dragon. Thousands of flamin cannonballs tried to send me to the locker, but none of 'em could graze the likes of me!"

Lorenzo's face now turned into a solemn expression, almost sorrowful.
"However, all good things must come to an end dear, for now I had found myself in the clutches of good ol' Davy Jones. Unable to withstand me and me glory, he fancied me a curse. Aye, he caused the flight to go amiss, I lost control! Now my secret phoenix form vanished, I was but 'a fancy star crashing without control. Bless fortune I managed trough sheer skill to crash trough your mansion's window... and 'ere I am!"

Lorenzo Remei now unsheathed his sword, looking at the ever so attentive and charming Yukina, before asking...

"Have you any questions, darlin'?"

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 01:11:03 AM by francobull3 »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: January 07, 2015, 04:13:47 AM »
Hamara

As the beast fell Hamara walked towards the girl until he was right before her, he then saw her tense at the roar and prepare for battle as creatures reveled themselves from the shadows. He turned to look at them.

And what he saw made his eyes go hard, his features betraying no emotion. He looked back at the small girl; he could see the slight terror in her eyes as she got closer to him. He raised his hand and placed it softly on her head, gently guiding it along her head in a comforting manner. 

“Don’t be afraid, they will not harm you.” His voice was soft, so incredibly gentle, and yet was able to overcome the noise. “Please, just remain where you are, and I promise it will all be over in a moment.” And with that he turned back to face the beasts.

They surrounded him; they would attempt to swarm him that much was obvious. He would not be touched by these corrupted forms, empty shells that where once his siblings. But for the sake of the Girl, for the sake of the one that emanated a brilliant light only surpassed by his own, he would end it swiftly.

“Beast responsible for this, hear me.” He spoke, his voice loud but even. The light began to dance. “This affront to man will not stand.” The light began to meld together; many spheres formed hovering in the air above him. “I will cleanse you, completely, absolutely, and without hesitation.” The many spheres collapsed more, into a large sun that hovered in the air above him. And then, for the first time in this city, he raised his hand into the air.

The sphere then began to rise into the sky, “My name is not yours to know, my nature is not yours to know. I will only say one more thing to thee.” The ball stopped, hovering in the air in the center of the clearing, its bright light apparent to all. And yet it did not illuminate anything.

“I am the one to deliver judgment onto your kind.” And with his final words said his open hand closed into a fist. And the orb shined. A brilliant light was released. But it was controlled, exact. It shone into the dark woods; it burned away trees, the beasts, all things caught in its light. And yet it did not touch the man, it did not touch the girl; it did not touch the small house or stable.
And the light, a bright light that Returns All to Truth in a Flash of White, stuck and cleansed the beasts. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 04:18:14 AM by Knick »

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: January 07, 2015, 04:33:08 AM »
"wait, what were you doing before you ended up here?"
"Crippling a priority target," Elyssa simply stated while sheathing her sword to her hip, "Attempted to escape before dying with it."
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 04:39:17 AM by MissingMandible »

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: January 07, 2015, 12:01:21 PM »
[...]

Rattus/Yukina

After Lorenzo's heavily-embellished tale of how he got himself into the mansion, Yukina took her time to let everything he said sink into her mind. She kept her look at him, blinking a few times, seemingly confused. After a moment, though, she finally smiled at him and politely said, "I have no more questions anymore, Remei-san. I have understood it well."

During that time, Rattus had began to walk back into the living room, carrying a bottle of black spiced rum, a couple lowball glasses, an stainless steel bucket filled with ice and a plated clubhouse sandwich on a silver tray. While on his way to putting the whole tray set on the coffee table, he inquired, "I have heard a small conversation between the two of you while I was back in the kitchen. What did he say, Yukina?"

"Onii-chan, I just asked him what made him crash into our window!" Yukina enthusiastically answered.

"And what did he say, then?" Rattus asked some more, as he took at seat himself.

"He said that he just landed here on Nexus City and, since he was hungry, he wanted to eat so he went to a restaurant!" She replied. "But, since he did not have money, he tried to run away after he was done eating, but the owner and the customers tried to attack him!"

"I see." Rattus affirmed, while putting ice in the glasses and pouring the spiced rum into them. "Any further than that?"

"Yes!" She said. "But it turns out, Remei-san can fly and so, he did it to get away from them! But he lost control of his flight, so he crashed into our window, landed badly and got hurt!"

"Hhrm, that's a lot of fantastical and chaotic events happening in the short amount of time you have landed here, Mister Remei." The bespectacled man remarked. He then took a glass and reached it out to Lorenzo. "As an external observer, I strongly suggest that you take this iced glass of rum, take the clubhouse sandwich and consume them in order to alleviate your stress, satiate your hunger and to liven your general mood and morale. Take it."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: January 07, 2015, 03:58:43 PM »
"Crippling a priority target," Elyssa simply stated while sheathing her sword to her hip, "Attempted to escape before dying with it."

Could it be that...

Well, that mana generator on her back seems to be the type that draws mana in from the environment.

Considering that this Golem seems to have been built specifically for warfare, it wouldn't be surprising if there weren't others like her.

It also be that this kind of generator can power more things than that.

But, following that line of thought, then a priority target...

"Was there a significant amount of mana released upon crippling that target?" Adjutor asks, taking a moment to check the sword for runes, "If there was enough, a portal to this place might have been opened from the sheer amount of energy."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 07, 2015, 04:29:05 PM »
"Was there a significant amount of mana released upon crippling that target?" Adjutor asks, taking a moment to check the sword for runes, "If there was enough, a portal to this place might have been opened from the sheer amount of energy."
"The ship's engine was of substantial si-," Elyssa began but quickly silenced herself when she caught something, "You said you were from a place called Orthos. Do they utilize mana engines?"

If not, Elyssa thought, there is something going on here that she didn't see coming. There might be more to this man than she initially thought.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 04:32:11 PM by MissingMandible »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 07, 2015, 06:19:59 PM »
Lorenzo Remei

"Club house... sand witch?" He inquired as his gaze now averted to the strange dish served by Rattus.  He had never seen anything quite like it, but whatever it was, it looked better than boiled rat. At first showing a bit of reluctance, Lorenzo decided to give the sandwitch a shot.

Holding the meal with his two hands, he took a small bite of the meal. Suddenly, his face turned bright red, his eyes now lit up as his body twitched. Before he knew it, Lorenzo took yet another bite, much larger than the last one. "Mhhh.... thish ish...delectable, shir Rattush...", he muttered trying to hide pleasured moans. This was a meal worthy of a king, in response to the incredible flavor, what else could Lorenzo, one who had rarely enjoyed anything more than porridge at best, or a boiled boot at worst...

His meal now finished, Lorenzo shivered in sheer delight. "Thank you.... thank you so much sir Rattus. I have never eaten something this amazing in me life!", and wityh that declaration, Rattus held the glass of Rhum before roaring tryumphantly.

"A toast to me new mates Yukina and Rattus! May they forever be able to eat more clubhouse sand witches!"

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 07, 2015, 07:40:25 PM »
Mordred

Seeking shelter in abandoned building, Mordred prefered to wait out until she was sure no one would catch glimpse of her in that state. Though, she could not be sure if that was a temporary condition. Exposing her real self without control over that really shook her to the core, but she managed to calm down herself. "Fuck, I cannot let myself lose grip like that". She reached for a pack of cigarettes. Smoking was a calming habit for her which she picked up from a mortal Hunter she had (dis)pleasure working with. "Man, I feel nostalgic now. I have never had such an intense night in my lifetime. I like fighting, but I'm not masochist to get beaten up so much" she sighed.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: January 07, 2015, 08:03:24 PM »
"The ship's engine was of substantial si-," Elyssa began but quickly silenced herself when she caught something, "You said you were from a place called Orthos. Do they utilize mana engines?"

If not, Elyssa thought, there is something going on here that she didn't see coming. There might be more to this man than she initially thought.

Ah...Shit.

Total darkness, so there's no shadows to escape into, can't use Tyrfing, and I wouldn't doubt this one having some kind of lie-detecting tech up its metaphorical sleeve.

Fuck it, if all else fails, use those Shields we prepped a while ago to buy time to get out.

"Well," Adjutor says, "Some mages use them, but they're nothing like the one you've got. Not nearly as portable, for one thing, and not nearly as widespread in use either."

Giving that a moment to sink in, Adjutor takes a quick look around for anything that could double as either cover or an obstruction before speaking again.

"In all fairness," he says, "You kinda gave me a good look at it when you picked me up earlier."

"My thanks," Henderson says, ambling over to the formerly occupied section of bench and sitting down with a tired sigh, "And Rupert appreciates the compliment."

"As for what I've got," Henderson continues taking another hit of the Necro-blunt, "It's kinda a long story, but it's just these yellow namblies. Keep on losing stuff to them. Lawn gnomes, friends, bars..."

He takes another swallow of the rum, "Ah well, at least their boss isn't too bad," he chuckles as he remembers that weird guy he shared that last blunt with, then offers the bottles, "Want a hit? I've got some decent weed left, if that's more to your liking."
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 05:06:09 AM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses