Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474116 times)

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #810 on: January 08, 2015, 03:09:38 AM »
Infected

As soon as the birds observed the orbs of light gather they let out a few shrieking caws before flying off the tree branches and high into the sky. At the sound of the birds a few of the hulking silhouettes farther away from the clearing scattered deeper into the heart of the forest but the ones closer were already a lost cause. The light easily enveloped the Infected already in the clearing and the few Hunters who had decided to get closer were completely obliterated along with the first line of trees.

PARIAH

The virus continued to lead the cowboy around the city and had a tight grip on the man's hand with the Leader Hunter trailing after them, but his connection to the others was eternal and constant. He knew what they knew and from the birds who had watched and overlooked he knew what needed to be done.

The Hunters and other Infected scattered throughout the forest. PARIAH would not risk unexpected surprises due to the ignorance of the creatures. They would survive in the forest well enough and would no longer threaten his safety.

The deep places in the earth shook and crumbled as enormous creatures sabotaged tunnels and closed off entire sections until the depths were sealed off completely from the surface. For now.

From the forest birds emerged. Given separate orders than the other Infected hundreds of them left the forest and the and the quickly collapsing tunnels. If such a threat could exist than there might be others. He would not be ignorant again. They flew quickly and began to spread throughout the city. Their beady eyes gazed upon the entirety of the city as their descent  to get a better view of the place began. The ones in the air high above the man in white robes and the girl simply began to fly in a lazy circles as they continued their observations. It would prudent to keep many eyes on these ones.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 03:17:07 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 08, 2015, 05:50:56 AM »
Cu Chulainn

"Well, I am hunting this nasty monster right now and honestly someone watching my back wouldn't be a bad idea . . ."

"A monster problem, eh? I can definitely lend you a hand or two." Cu beamed at her. Now there is definitely something he could do. And it wasn't going to be boring to boot while pairing up with this beautiful blonde. This was going to be one hell of a treat. But it seems that would be put off for now as this newcomer arrived. He seemed a bit down on his luck, a bit odd, and somewhat smell.

But the most important was he has a bit of booze.

And so, the elderly one joined them on the bench with their consent. The wood creaked in protest, but it held their combined weight. After laying out his story for a bit, he offered what he had in hand. Cu reached after the bottle with a free hand of his.

"I'll take that one," he nodded as his eager fingers clasped around the glass neck. The smell of that thing slowly burning really had an odd smell to it. It wasn't that bad to say. Even deeper nostalgia would have burdened his shoulders if it weren't for that odd smell of pot that came with it.

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 08, 2015, 06:07:08 AM »

"In all fairness," he says, "You kinda gave me a good look at it when you picked me up earlier."

"Don't study it too closely, Adjutor," Elyssa warned with a growl, "This model is classified and I care little that you are from an alternate world."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 08, 2015, 06:08:30 AM »
Adjutor shrugs, the Shield Concepts already ready for use, "I can't see the design, just the mana flowing into it. The rest I figured on my own. Anyway, I think we're intruding in someone else's home, so...perhaps it would be prudent to leave before they get back?"
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 06:27:55 AM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 08, 2015, 03:19:01 PM »
Lorenzo Remei
[...]

"Yaaaay!" Yukina reacted to his declaration with such glee and eagerness, while Rattus stayed stern. It became obvious to the businessman that Lorenzo Remei is an authentic eighteenth century seafarer and not just wearing the clothes or going through the motions.

"I see that you have enjoyed such a simple modern meal, Mister Remei." Rattus commented pedantically. "Tell me, would you like another sample of modern culinary delights that are widely accessible and convenient? I'm pretty that you are going to intensely take part of it with such gusto."

Yukina then interjected, "Onii-chan, I have an idea!"

"Proceed, Schwesterchen." Rattus said, therefore giving her permission.

Upon that, Yukina stood up and hurriedly went to the kitchen to get something. It was just a short time before she returned with something. What she had was a packet of cheese-flavored CalorieMate energy bars. She then passed it on to Lorenzo and said, "These can make you more energetic, Remei-san! Just tear off the wrapping and bite into one of the bars! You should try it!"

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 08, 2015, 05:21:00 PM »
Adjutor shrugs, the Shield Concepts already ready for use, "I can't see the design, just the mana flowing into it. The rest I figured on my own. Anyway, I think we're intruding in someone else's home, so...perhaps it would be prudent to leave before they get back?"
"I will ask about seeing mana later," The Warmonger stated while walking towards the wall.

Once she was next to it, she turned back to Adjutor. "I will have to hold onto you while phasing."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 08, 2015, 11:43:15 PM »
David

"Familiars? Not really. They are autonomous entities that have simply sworn their services to me. Being a familiar would imply that I give them mana or have a mental connection to them. I lack both of those."

At the soldier's question David furrowed his brow and immersed himself in thought for a bit before coming up with an answer. "I suppose we could simply walk around and have The Scholarly scan the areas until we find another anomaly. Of course, there is always the option of trying to build our own opening. It would be difficult but it should be possible. In theory."

The Scholarly had his eyes closed in thought as his formidable mind attempted to come up with a viable solution. Portals were inherently unstable devices but this plane of existence was especially apt at making them nigh unusable.

While the two men were enraptured in their planning The Joyous bounded over towards Ibarra and stood next to him with an inscrutable smile plastered across the face. As if she saw some great joke in him that only she could understand.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 08, 2015, 11:49:38 PM »
"I will ask about seeing mana later," The Warmonger stated while walking towards the wall.

Once she was next to it, she turned back to Adjutor. "I will have to hold onto you while phasing."

"It's nothing, really," Adjutor admits, making his way over, "It's just how I ended up. Let's just hope the owner of this place isn't back yet."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: January 09, 2015, 12:51:57 AM »
Caedia

The duo had spent an hour or two wandering around the city before Caedia realized they were completely and utterly lost. This city was far larger than any other city or dungeon she had ever visited. It was truly a wonder as the snow fell from the sky. Colossal buildings that reached up towards the heavens and some kind of metal carts or chariots  drove the people around. Completely and utterly awe inspiring. It was also monstrously large.

The Arisen could find her way through the forest, explore the most dangerous of monster dens, and carve a path through an isle infested with beasts. She had also been outwitted by a city. She didn't even turn towards her companion as she uttered, "We're lost."

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 09, 2015, 02:01:09 AM »
Crest

Crest softly put his hand over his ribs as a dull pain throbbed though his bones. Ya, it was definitely bruised. Now that the adrenaline had worn out he was really feeling it. He made him shudder when he thought about what would have happened if he did not put up a proper guard.

Still though, this place was quite a sight. Tall spires of stone and metal apparently made by hand. He had to admit, he had never seen anything like it. If only his guide was slightly more vocal. Cause man, the silence was kind of bugging him.

Then she spoke “We're lost."

Crest froze, and stared at the back of her head. Please be joking, please, for all that is sacred please be joking. And hesitantly he spoke, “I thought you knew the way…”

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 09, 2015, 02:08:08 AM »
Caedia

She turned to face the dark haired man. Caedia did not know much about her companion, but that was more her fault considering how unused she was to talking. Her attention was brought to the hand he had over his ribs. Her own injuries were mostly fine considering the healing properties of the armor but Crest may not have been as lucky.

Then she responded to his statement with very little emotion in her voice. "I also thought I knew the way. This city is more convoluted than I realized." Then she refocused on the hand.

"You're still in pain?"

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: January 09, 2015, 02:17:01 AM »
Crest

Crest looked at her with a bit of surprise. It was one thing to not murder him on sight, but for a half demon to apparently be concerned for him?

It was a first for sure. “Uhh ya, just a bit sore. It must be bruised or something. Nothing I can’t push though.”

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: January 09, 2015, 02:22:43 AM »
Caedia

The armored woman gave a small frown at Crest's response. One of her hands reached into one of the side pockets on her pack and pulled out a small leaved plant and held it out for him.

"Pain can be distracting, and you won't heal as fast as I do. Eat this. It will help."

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: January 09, 2015, 02:30:44 AM »
Crest

Crest looked at her in slight shock, before accepting the greenery and looking at it. It looked like a fern of some kind, but its leaves were tougher, and there was a slight oily texture.

It reminded him of the herbs his mother used to grow, the herbs that would be rubbed on his cuts as a boy.

He was a bit suspicious, but he had no reason to distrust her. So despite everything the little guy in his gut told him he immediately stuffed the plant in his mouth and began to chew.

HOLY FUCK THAT BITTER” he thought as he quickly clawed at his canteen, gulping down water and forcing the plant down. He then began to cough, kneeling over and using a nearby wall to hold himself up.

He looked up at his companion with a slight glare, “A bit of warning would have been nice.” He muttered, grimacing at the horrible aftertaste.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 02:31:21 AM by Knick »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: January 09, 2015, 02:45:00 AM »
Caedia

The Arisen gave a small smirk at the man's reaction before returning to more pressing matters. "We need to find an inn or some temporary shelter for tonight. I dislike being so out in the open during the night."

She looked around for a landmark before spotting another towering building with an architecture much different from the other around it. Then she pointed towards it. "We use that as a our focal point. circle out from it until we find something usable. In the morning we can buy and gather supplies."