Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474465 times)

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #885 on: January 13, 2015, 04:36:49 AM »
Corporal Mathew Blackburn:

Mathew saw where Noel was intending to go. He went with her without dragging his feet; that bench looked awfully nice right now...

Upon sitting down, the Dragoon unclasped his face guard and began rubbing the blood away from his eye. At least the cut on his forehead was beginning to clot up. His body is still sore as hell, though. Turning his head to take a proper look at his savior, doing his best to smile (without grimacing in pain) and saying "Thanks for the help, Miss Noel."

He then looked at the flaming wreckage of the Valkyrie. The fire has finally reached the Promethium fuel tanks, turning the wreck into a raging infernal. "We were the last ones to take off," He said addressing the Robed Man, "Tyrannids began swarming the El Zee. We waited longer than we should have for any straggling Civvies."

"So, where exactly am I right now?"

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: January 13, 2015, 05:01:20 AM »
Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald

Kayneth balked at the idea of taking away his only defence. He was doing his utmost to pretend to ignore the immature comments but this was too far an insult for one such as himself.

"My dear sir, do you even know what you say? What you ask of me is no different than asking me to strip on the spot!"

To even notice the Volumen was proof enough that this man was indeed of magical lineage but this was where he stood his ground.

"No sir, I may be intruding but do not take me for a fool. My defences will stay as they are."

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: January 13, 2015, 05:29:34 AM »
Grenth

“You are already trespassing and my patience is wearing thin.” Grenth did not care for Kayneth’s outrage or anger, instead simply pouring another drink to enjoy.

“I have no intention of harming anyone, but I am not fond of someone ‘holding a loaded gun’, if you will, while arguing they have no malicious intentions.” He took a sip of his drink and put down the glass, putting up two fingers a moment later.

“Therefore we have two options, you disengage your weapon, tool, or whatever it is and we discuss it as adults. Or... I disengage it for you and hand you over to the authorities. The choice is yours.” And Grenth awaited the mans response.

The spell was already processed within his mind, all he needed to do was release his power and it would actualize.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 05:50:32 AM by Knick »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: January 13, 2015, 05:48:44 AM »
They walked over to the bench, and Noel set Mathew down. He thanked her graciously, trying to hide his grimace as much as possible.

"Thanks for the help, Miss Noel."

“It was just what anyone else would have done, isn’t it? It’s not that big a deal...” Noel responded, further bashfulness cut short by the smoldering wreck exploding into a raging fire of an intensity that would make hell look like a cold bath.

After Mathew responded to the robed man, he asked where exactly he was.

“You’re in a place called ‘the Nexus’. I don’t really know how you got here, or even how I did. I arrived fairly recently myself, you see.”

Noel turned to the robed man, and standing up as straight as she could, addressed him.

“What is your name?”

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: January 13, 2015, 05:56:18 AM »
"Ah," Grendel noted, "Tyranids.That would explain why I wasn't informed about the Exterminatus order."

Grendel briefly considers the situation before deciding to go ahead with it.

"You may refer to me as Inquisitor Grendel, of Ordo Malleus. "
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: January 13, 2015, 06:25:57 AM »
Corporal Mathew Blackburn:

Mathew's right eye twitched upon hearing what the other two people had to say. He was aching, his entire squad is dead, he has been in a battle high for the last few days, his home-away-from-home was now ash, he was caught up in a planet-scale explosion, and now he is in a foreign place with an Inquisitor. Oh, this will be fun once everything he's been through finally sinks in...

The Dragoon suddenly became tired as his headache worsened. Sure, the back of his mind says he shouldn't but- "I think I will lay my head down for a few minutes..."

He just slid to his right and laid his head on the cold, slightly snow covered surface of the bench.

Elyssa:

The Warmonger didn't know where to go from here. There were no established protocols for this situation. No precedence. So, Eyssa stood by the huddling man. It was awkward.

"So," she finally spoke up in an attempt to break the silence, "What is your world like?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: January 13, 2015, 06:32:44 AM »

"You can't go to sleep in cold like this!" Noel exclaimed with urgency in her voice. "Especially in your condition!"

Ignoring the man calling himself an inquisitor, Noel forcibly lifted Mathew to his feet and helped him stand, supporting most of his weight using her back.

"You need to go to the hospital! They'll fix you up!"

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: January 13, 2015, 07:44:28 AM »
Guts takes a moment to look the kid over, then his drink arrives. Putting his payment, a piece of paper with a number denoting its value as opposed to proper coinage, down on the table, he takes a quick drink of the beer, feeling utterly bored with himself.

"Well," he says, turning to the youth completely, useless right eye closed out of long habit, "Believe what you like, kid. You've seen some action, I'll give you that."

"Well, I have to be honest with you." Neo said, still feeling annoyed. "Just a while ago, my crew has chanced themselves upon some girl no younger than the legal age and, since she seemed to be finding someone and wrecking every single thing just to find this person, my boss offered a helping hand towards her."

He then poured some more whiskey and drank on it, before continuing his story. "But alas, she responded with a hostile tone, which made me think that she was not right in the head. I aired this concern to my boss and said that we should leave her alone, but the poor fool seemed eager to help her. He tried again and, this time, she responded with the threat of magical violence against us three, as a dark aura emanated from her shadows. It seems as if she was ready to maim us simply because my boss tried to help her, so we were forced to draw weapons, in order to show we aren't a group of push-overs. The goddamn whore took it as a sign of darker intentions."

The blonde then scoffed. "And, since it seems as if she really doesn't want to help herself, my boss finally decided to listen to me and leave her a business card instead, if she ever changes her mind. And, since I don't want to pass up the chance to call her out of her attitude, I became brutally honest with her and said that she was acting ungrateful, egotistic, bitter and outright paranoid, as if she was the murderer most cold in the whole goddamned universe. I told her that I have been murdering people for experiments since I was a kid as a part of my training and I don't act as hostile to people like she does, so I told her and the person she was finding, whomever he may be, to go to hell. But, being the bitter and egotistical whore that she is, she didn't like her ego being wounded. And so she attacked us with shadow hounds she summoned, and a torturous fight for us ensured."

"Many more things happened after that, which were worse than that fight, but the point remains the same..." Neo then drank more whiskey and said, "...This isn't just 'some action' I have ever seen, I can tell you a hundred stories like this for all eternity, and I know that there would be more stories like these in the future. Besides, I might be actually older than you, technically speaking."

Rising from the table, he bowed to the pair, smiling warmly with sincerest gratitude.
"My wounds seem to have healed, I do believe I can handle the rest myself, but if it isn't too much to ask, is there a place where  I could wash myself and change of clothing?"

Rattus, upon hearing his request, stood up and went to a door in the hallway leading to the kitchen. He did these things in such a manner which seemingly told Lorenzo to follow him.

When he react a certain door in the hallway leading to the kitchen, the businessman turned to him and said, "This is the bathroom, Captain. Would you want me to give a quick guide on how to use the amenities of this facility?"

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: January 13, 2015, 08:06:15 AM »
Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald

A sinister hate burned within Kayneth's heart but he was a man of words and he could his grudges should they need be. Regardless of what he himself felt the man before him was on the verge of attacking. If this man was going so far as to humiliate Kayneth then he would hold his peace...

For now at least, grudges could always be payed back later, at ten fold should such a thing be required. For now though with his frozen expression of synthetic calm he retrieved from his coat a small glass vial and held it inside his coat quickly feeling a small weight disappear as the liquid left his body and filled the vial where it sat dormant.

"There, it is done... Now, you were saying?..."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: January 13, 2015, 02:40:06 PM »
"Well, I have to be honest with you." Neo said, still feeling annoyed. "Just a while ago, my crew has chanced themselves upon some girl no younger than the legal age and, since she seemed to be finding someone and wrecking every single thing just to find this person, my boss offered a helping hand towards her."

He then poured some more whiskey and drank on it, before continuing his story. "But alas, she responded with a hostile tone, which made me think that she was not right in the head. I aired this concern to my boss and said that we should leave her alone, but the poor fool seemed eager to help her. He tried again and, this time, she responded with the threat of magical violence against us three, as a dark aura emanated from her shadows. It seems as if she was ready to maim us simply because my boss tried to help her, so we were forced to draw weapons, in order to show we aren't a group of push-overs. The goddamn whore took it as a sign of darker intentions."

The blonde then scoffed. "And, since it seems as if she really doesn't want to help herself, my boss finally decided to listen to me and leave her a business card instead, if she ever changes her mind. And, since I don't want to pass up the chance to call her out of her attitude, I became brutally honest with her and said that she was acting ungrateful, egotistic, bitter and outright paranoid, as if she was the murderer most cold in the whole goddamned universe. I told her that I have been murdering people for experiments since I was a kid as a part of my training and I don't act as hostile to people like she does, so I told her and the person she was finding, whomever he may be, to go to hell. But, being the bitter and egotistical whore that she is, she didn't like her ego being wounded. And so she attacked us with shadow hounds she summoned, and a torturous fight for us ensured."

"Many more things happened after that, which were worse than that fight, but the point remains the same..." Neo then drank more whiskey and said, "...This isn't just 'some action' I have ever seen, I can tell you a hundred stories like this for all eternity, and I know that there would be more stories like these in the future. Besides, I might be actually older than you, technically speaking."

Guts waits for a moment, as if expecting more before turning back and taking another drink of the swill they apparently called beer around here, "Like I said, kid, believe what you will. As for little Miss Shadow Mage, those are parlor tricks. And...really, murdering people for experiments? Where I'm from, people almost never die for nearly as logical a cause."

At this point, Guts leans forward, looking for the barkeep as he calls, "Something stronger than this swill!"
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 03:08:15 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: January 13, 2015, 03:12:22 PM »
Guts waits for a moment, as if expecting more before turning back and taking another drink of the swill they apparently called beer around here, "Like I said, kid, believe what you will. As for little Miss Shadow Mage, those are parlor tricks. And...really, murdering people for experiments? Where I'm from, people almost never die for nearly as logical a cause."

"Well, the same can be said back when I was moving from state to state, when I was in America." Neo replied. "People died for no reason at all. Or at least that's what the idiots think back there. I killed them because I was bored, but that doesn't count to them."

"But forget everything I said. I already told you, there would be more stories to be told, you know what I'm saying?" He then poured some more whiskey on his glass. "Back in our group, we have a saying that goes something like this: 'You can never see it all.' And so, the bottom line of this is that I can't expect you to believe that I have seen it all in the same way as you can't to me, because there's ain't no such thing."

He then drunk some more whiskey, before saying, "Besides, it seems like you've seen a lot more interesting things back in your place. And that's painfully obvious because of the way you carry your stuff around. So tell me, what's back there?"

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: January 13, 2015, 04:12:25 PM »
Grendel nods, at Noel's words, registering a curious whining, "Fortunately, Miss Noel, it seems that the Arbites of this world are capable of displaying at least some initiative."

With that, an ambulance comes into view, tires screeching as it makes it's way across the park, followed soon after by a pair of fire engines. The ambulance comes to a stop near the bench, rear doors opening up as two paramedics come out, stretcher in hand as they make their way to Noel.

"Worry not. He should recover well enough," he says, making his way over to the ambulance, "If you would like to accompany us, Miss Noel, you are welcome to do so."

"Orthos?" Adjutor asks, "Well, it's a bit strange. First of all, tech isn't anywhere near where it probably is in your world, or even here. While magic does compensate for a fair bit, it's a lot...younger. The world is somewhat harsh and unforgiving, but far simpler than here. All that aside, it's rather similar to the kinds of places you'd read about in books about the Medieval ages, except all the fantastic beasts, dragons and the like, are all real, and very much a problem. There's far more to it than what I've seen, but I didn't really see much of that while I was there. I'm technically not a native of that world, and I was rather preoccupied during the time I spent there."

"Well, the same can be said back when I was moving from state to state, when I was in America." Neo replied. "People died for no reason at all. Or at least that's what the idiots think back there. I killed them because I was bored, but that doesn't count to them."

"But forget everything I said. I already told you, there would be more stories to be told, you know what I'm saying?" He then poured some more whiskey on his glass. "Back in our group, we have a saying that goes something like this: 'You can never see it all.' And so, the bottom line of this is that I can't expect you to believe that I have seen it all in the same way as you can't to me, because there's ain't no such thing."

He then drunk some more whiskey, before saying, "Besides, it seems like you've seen a lot more interesting things back in your place. And that's painfully obvious because of the way you carry your stuff around. So tell me, what's back there?"

"Nothing that really matters anymore. There aren't any Apostles around here, Casca should be safe with the others, and there aren't even any decent fights for me to wander into. I'll admit, I've seen a fair few wars myself. Didn't really care who I was fighting for, so long as they paid. Then I met him...Griffith, captain of the the Band of the Hawk. Got caught up in his ambitions, ended up doing some of his dirty work, though he hardly kept his hands clean himself. Then I decided I wanted to leave. I wanted to stand as his equal, to see if there was something for me more than wandering from battlefield to battlefield. Griffith's amibtion was to have his own kingdom, I wanted to see if I could find my own dream to chase. He didn't take it well, but I won. Of course, when I came back...well, let's just say he really didn't take my leaving well. He went and threw away all of that effort and got himself locked up in the deepest dungeon Midland had to offer. We got him out, but...what we found. That wasn't Griffith anymore. They gave him to the torturer with only one condition. Keep him alive for a year. By the time we got there, Griffith couldn't fight, couldn't speak, couldn't even walk. To top it all off, Midland didn't take very kindly to us breaking him out. We didn't really care, so we got him out anyway."

At this point, a new drink, whiskey this time, arrives in Guts's hand. Setting the empty beer down, he takes a drink of the whiskey, setting the glass down before continuing.

"Couldn't really break the news to the others. It would have shattered the Band. So we kept it secret, Casca and I, as well as a few others. Midland sent troops after us, of course, but I shouldn't really have to tell you how well that turned out. Then it happened. Forgot to mention something earlier. Griffith had this creepy-ass egg thing with what might have used to be a face on it, kinda like this," he reaches into a pocket and takes out the Beheilt, "Only his was crimson. He lost it, tried to run away, and found the damn thing in  a field somewhere. Whatever that thing did, the Band of the Hawk found itself...somewhere else. There were these four really powerful demons, called God Hand, and they told Griffith that he could be the fifth of them. If he sacrificed the Band of the Hawk to all the demons, Apostles where I come from, that showed up. I tried to get to him, but..."

Guts takes another drink.

"Long story short, everyone but me and Casca wind up dead, I'm short an arm and an eye, and Casca gets raped by Griffith, now Femto, with me being forced to watch. Did I mention Casca was pregnant with my child at the time? Yeah, that turned out well, especially after said child was corrupted by Griffith and later used as a vessel for him to get a new physical body. Casca miscarried the child and went insane as a result of the pain she went through, and I've been hunting the demons that showed up for Eclipse until recently."

"Of course," he says after a short pause, "All of that's gone to hell now that I'm stuck here. No more ghouls trying to eat me at night time, though, which isn't too bad."
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 05:52:57 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Ivan The Mouse

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: January 13, 2015, 05:56:46 PM »
[...]
"That's some interesting stuff right there." Neo remarked nonchalantly. "I mean, this Griffith guy sounds like an utter megalomaniac, with him wanting his own kingdom and then throwing a band of his followers into the meat grinder just to amp up himself. And bloody hell, he even forced himself on your pregnant wife and killed your kid just to have a new body. Really, its better being a project-based worker than being committed to a company, you catch my drift?"

He was about to pour more Jack Daniel's into his glass when he noticed that there's only a glass worth left in the bottle, so he decided to pour it down his throat instead. He then said, "Being loyal to a certain group is what ruined my boss, and he learned his lesson in the hardest way possible. It's just funny watching him rant his heart out whenever he gets too drunk, and he's got a drinking problem. Put two and two together, and you got an entertaining show from him."

"And by the way, where's Casca?" Neo asked him, now becoming slightly drunk. "And how insane is she, in your own terms?"

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: January 13, 2015, 06:05:07 PM »
"Knowing what that little girl is capable of, she's probably safe," Guts says, "With only her Cursed Brand attracting demons, they should be able to take care of her easily enough, and they don't seem the type to abandon someone..."

At this point, Guts turns to Neo again.

"It would be in your best interests not to ask me that question again," Guts says simply.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: January 13, 2015, 06:11:33 PM »

Rattus, upon hearing his request, stood up and went to a door in the hallway leading to the kitchen. He did these things in such a manner which seemingly told Lorenzo to follow him.

When he react a certain door in the hallway leading to the kitchen, the businessman turned to him and said, "This is the bathroom, Captain. Would you want me to give a quick guide on how to use the amenities of this facility?"

"Jeez, are you trying to make my debt even larger than it already is?", Lorenzo asked in a slightly cheeky tone before pouting.
But as he suddenly noticed the strange structure that this "bathroom", he became intrigued by it's use. After all, Lorenzo never had seen something quite like it in his life as a captain, Lorenzo had nbo idea of what to do when confronted to such a thing.

"Fine mate, I guess it wouldn't hurt to have you show me the ropes, but better not regret it lad!."