Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474515 times)

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #915 on: January 15, 2015, 03:12:32 AM »
Wiseman

"My master's research concerned the world beyond this one and the essence of the universe itself. The God he often spoke of refers to an ineffable, omnipotent, omniscient source. That was the domain he hoped to breach. Whatever he retrieved from there was what he used to give me this body; but I am in the dark about the details. My apologies."

The warlock waved off the apology as he leaned back into his chair. "There is no need to apologize, Butler. There is dissonance between what this God and the gods of my are but that is to be expected. What I find much more interesting is the state of your soul. Your body was made of this divine flesh but was any alteration made to the core of your being?"

Ascended

The celestial being simply stared at its opponents as his arm fell to the ground along with the sword. The blade of pure Light clashed against the material world and burned. In an instant it released a fiery explosion not unlike a bomb.

David

The redhead took a quick look around and picked up two pebbles. He gave them to The Scholarly who inscribed tiny sigils into the rocks and held out one to David and another to Ibarra.

David gestured towards The Joyous to come over and the woman bounded over and with a quick movement of one of her claws pricked one of his fingers. He smeared the drops of blood onto the rock and it gained a light blue glow. Then the clawed woman leaned over towards the soldiers with a small smile as David began to speak.

"We can talk with these. Tap it three times and it'll let you speak to me from anywhere in this city. It's much safer than phones. There are too many eyes and ears in this city to know who's listening in."

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: January 15, 2015, 05:11:13 AM »
Corporal Mathew Blackburn:

The Medicae attendants removed the top part of his helm and put a neck-brace on him as they layed him down in the stretcher. He didn't care. Sleep was overtaking him, and he was now without a worry in the world...

By the time he was in the vehicle proper, the Dragoon was asleep.

The next thing Mathew knew he was back in the bustling hive city Barthony. It was the capital of Valanis Secondus, as well as where the 833rd Harlech infantry Regiment was garrisoned. Home-away-from-home, they all called it. Ah, right, he was supposed to meet his squad at the bar, wasn't he? Mathew picked up his pace. Within a few minutes, the tavern was in eyesight. He could see Halliday right insi-

"You left us to die..." a voice rung out from behind Mathew.

The Dragoon promptly turned around to see the source, only to see Radcliffe's torn apart body standing behind him. The dead man was carrying a gutted child in his arms, and the city was now on fire...

Mathew did not have a peaceful sleep.

Elyssa

"Dragons existed where I am from. They were the size of cruisers, according to history books." Elyssa clarified,"Anyways, you were from the feudal era, then? Who was your lord?"
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 05:11:59 AM by MissingMandible »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: January 15, 2015, 05:17:47 AM »
"Feudal era?" Adjutor considers the term for a moment, "You could call it that, I guess. As for a lord, I didn't serve any. Hunted a few, though only the ones who turned out to be Monsters, but that's a tale for another time, unless you've got nothing better to do."
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 05:36:55 AM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 15, 2015, 05:32:18 AM »
Noel road silently on the way to the hospital, listening to the sirens blare and the paramedics work their magic. She mulled over the multitude of new information, these two had been using many words that she didn’t know, Tyranids, exterminatus, and the robed man said something about this land being beyond the emperor, whatever that meant!

Don’t trust the inquisitor What was that supposed to mean?

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: January 15, 2015, 05:37:12 AM »
Grendel waits a moment for the Dragoon to answer, before deciding that he's probably asleep by now. Sighing briefly, Grendel remains silent for the rest of the ride to the hospital, looking up once they get there to find- What in the name of the Emperor happened here?!

Upon closer inspection, the hospital itself looks like it was the site of a fairly recent battle, with scoring all over the building, to say nothing of how the entrance to the hospital itself looks like it's been bombed recently. Containing himself, Grendel focuses on following the the paramedics into the almost empty building alongside the Dragoon.

After Neo crashed at a nearby table, he looked back at the ragged man, seeing that he has turned into something resembling a dog hybrid.

"I told ya' already, you fucking furfag: Fuck you." Neo retorted. He then quickly took a piece of wood from the smashed table and quickly approached the werewolf in all due haste, using the splintered piece of wood to stab a wound into one of the eyes and intending to leave it there in order to prevent the wound from closing.

The werewolf didn't expect the blonde to recover so quickly. This underestimation ended up costing it an eye when Neo promptly shoved a splintered piece of wood from what was left of the table into its eye. Even with the pain, however, the werewolf still had the presence of mind to wildly swing at its blindspot as it struggled to pull the wood from its eye with one hand, owing to how the splintered wood had dug into the ruins of its eye and was now anchored there.

Then the werewolf registers a low whooshing sound promptly before it's smashed messily in half by the abortion of a sword that had come down on it from above, wielded in one of the swordsman's hands. The werewolf's body mass didn't do much of a job of even slowing the blade as it continued onwards, burying itself in the floor in a cloud of wood chips and concrete dust.

"Whoops," Guts deadpans, finishing off his whiskey, "Sorry about that, my hand slipped."
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 05:47:43 AM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 15, 2015, 10:25:13 AM »
The werewolf didn't expect the blonde to recover so quickly. This underestimation ended up costing it an eye when Neo promptly shoved a splintered piece of wood from what was left of the table into its eye. Even with the pain, however, the werewolf still had the presence of mind to wildly swing at its blindspot as it struggled to pull the wood from its eye with one hand, owing to how the splintered wood had dug into the ruins of its eye and was now anchored there.

Then the werewolf registers a low whooshing sound promptly before it's smashed messily in half by the abortion of a sword that had come down on it from above, wielded in one of the swordsman's hands. The werewolf's body mass didn't do much of a job of even slowing the blade as it continued onwards, burying itself in the floor in a cloud of wood chips and concrete dust.

"Whoops," Guts deadpans, finishing off his whiskey, "Sorry about that, my hand slipped."

"Whoa, niggah!" Neo exclaimed, as he saw that the werewolf has been crushed by the metal-handed mercenary's bludgeon in one swift swing. He got amazed at how the canine man got turned into a large gooey spot of flesh and blood buried on the floor, which fascinated him immensely.

Neo then walked nearby the crushed remains and squatted beside it to a closer look. He then picked up a piece of flesh from the remains, took a good look at it and tossed it aside, as he said, "Yiff in hell, furfag."

"Well," he spoke out, going back to native British accent. "I guess that's all there is to it now, right?"

[...]

A sharp pain.  Eyes open wide, Lorenzo gasped before rising from the bathwater, letting out a terrified cry. One couldn't tell the water covering his face from his tears. "... a nightmare?", Lorenzo whispered before beginning to sob once again.

"Remei-san, are you... alright?" Yukina asked, as she stood in front of the bathroom's door. It seems like the Japanese woman had heard the sobbing of the pirate.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 12:28:06 PM by Ivan The Mouse »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 15, 2015, 02:15:00 PM »
Sarse

The angel noticed the increasing lighting of his foe's fallen blade a second too late to dodge. Sarse shielded his face with his arms and inched back, as the sword of light detonated. The shockwave and flames caught him right there, and the retreating step sent him into the air instead. The noise briefly deafened him, and he hit the ground with a smack of his shoulder into a roll.

He propped himself on his arms a second later. Sarse had avoided a part of the damage, but he could feel himself bruising all over, and burns settling on his arms. He should have used the Song Of Form, but his muscle reaction ended up being faster. A snerk at this equally helpful and nagging habit of his almost escaped him.

Grunting, he jumped back to his feet that very instant and brandished the fiery sword with two hands in the direction of his foe once more.

Butler

The prodigy servant nodded thoughtfully at Wiseman's question.

"You mean my soul? Truthfully I cannot say. It is true that, my dedication nonwithstanding, my mind as well as character are still as sharp and firm as the day I gained this immortal existence, which is more than I can say for similar beings I have met since then," he said, the light in his eyesocket dancing as though picturing memories in the air above his head.

With a imperceptible snap of his fingers, Butler focused his gaze on the warlock again, continuing, "My unique gift is possibly related to how my very being was changed, but I have ever given it much thought, despite its convenience. Perhaps because of its convenience, even."

His skull tilted in an odd angle, forming what may have been a smile for him.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 02:15:53 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 15, 2015, 04:55:05 PM »
"Whoa, niggah!" Neo exclaimed, as he saw that the werewolf has been crushed by the metal-handed mercenary's bludgeon in one swift swing. He got amazed at how the canine man got turned into a large gooey spot of flesh and blood buried on the floor, which fascinated him immensely.

Neo then walked nearby the crushed remains and squatted beside it to a closer look. He then picked up a piece of flesh from the remains, took a good look at it and tossed it aside, as he said, "Yiff in hell, furfag."

"Well," he spoke out, going back to native British accent. "I guess that's all there is to it now, right?"

"Kid," he says, pulling Dragonslayer out of the new hole in the floor, "If that was all there was to it, then life wouldn't be nearly as much of a pain in the ass as it is sometimes."

Taking a moment to resheath Dragonslayer as he gets out of his chair, Guts takes a quick look at what used to be a werewolf, fairly certain that it wouldn't go back to being a werewolf, but wanting to make sure just in case.

"We should probably get going, anyway," Guts says, making his way out of the bar, "And what the hell is a furfag?"
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 04:55:38 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: January 15, 2015, 06:18:52 PM »
"Remei-san, are you... alright?" Yukina asked, as she stood in front of the bathroom's door. It seems like the Japanese woman had heard the sobbing of the pirate.

"Y-yeah, I'm...fine." , Lorenzo weakly replied. "J-just... the soap got in my eye, that's all...". He wouldn't  cry, no, his pride would never allow such a thing, he would definitely, surely not cry...

Lorenzo once again burst into tears, surely the blame was of the alcohol he drank, yes... that was it.
It took time before he finally gained back his senses, taking a deep breath, he left the bathtub and before taking a seat on the toilet bowl, his body covered with the towel that Rattus had left him.

"Miss Yukina, what would you do if all those you ever loved and would've given your life to protect died for your sake?...", the grieving pirate asked weakly.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 08:10:38 PM by francobull3 »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 15, 2015, 07:29:36 PM »
Mordred

"Damn, these ones taste so bad" she complained about the quality of cigarettes she bought. She stubbed out the cigarette. Feeling drowsy from exhaustion, she couldn't help but feel asleep.

Then, she relived that scene once again.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: January 15, 2015, 11:41:59 PM »
The ambulance finally pulled up at the hospital, and the paramedics swiftly began unloading Mathew from the back, but paused when they noticed the carnage. The hospital looked like it had been bombed, the entrance to the lobby was covered with shattered glass and warped steel beams, the snow on a large doughnut of semi molten pavement burst into steam as it landed on the solidifying tar, many windows were shattered or cracked, and all the lights were off.

“T-Terrorists?!?” One of the paramedics yelled.

Noel just stood next to them and wondered “What happened here?”

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 16, 2015, 04:12:46 AM »
Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald

Kayneth quickly sat down and made a polite gesture with his gloved hand as if waiting for his complementary tea to arrive.

He then continued to speak while he waited for refreshments to be served. "So then, care to explain? You seem to have an idea of what is going on? Was this your doing? Some... Petty in an attempt to impress a noble for the purpose of fame?"

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 16, 2015, 04:59:03 AM »
"Feudal era?" Adjutor considers the term for a moment, "You could call it that, I guess. As for a lord, I didn't serve any. Hunted a few, though only the ones who turned out to be Monsters, but that's a tale for another time, unless you've got nothing better to do."
"There is nowhere for me to go and nothing I can do right now," Elyssa stated in a flat voice while standing off to Adjutor's side.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 16, 2015, 05:21:41 AM »
"Well..." Adjutor trails off for a moment as an awkward silence falls over the scene, "...What about your place? Helka, was it?"

At this point, Henderson realizes something. First, that it's been a while since that coffee and the whatever-the-hell-that-other-thing-was that he had back at the semi-shitty Canadian coffee shop. Second, there's a gas station not too far down the road. Taking a moment to consider whether he should leave the Jack with these two, he quickly decides that they seem the trustworthy type, mainly because neither of them are wearing yellow.

"I'll be right back," Henderson says, "Got the munchies. Ya want me to get anything for ya?"
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 07:42:46 AM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 16, 2015, 08:17:29 AM »
"Kid," he says, pulling Dragonslayer out of the new hole in the floor, "If that was all there was to it, then life wouldn't be nearly as much of a pain in the ass as it is sometimes."

Taking a moment to resheath Dragonslayer as he gets out of his chair, Guts takes a quick look at what used to be a werewolf, fairly certain that it wouldn't go back to being a werewolf, but wanting to make sure just in case.

"We should probably get going, anyway," Guts says, making his way out of the bar, "And what the hell is a furfag?"

"Well, I'm telling you, that's why I said that's all there it is to it. Life is a pain in the arse sometimes, but that doesn't mean interesting stuff like this doesn't come once if a while. And that's how life is, sometimes sweet, sometimes crummy, and that's all there it is to it." Neo replied.

"But huh," he continued, still proud of himself, "By the way you call me 'kid', it seems as if you have this smug preconception that you have seen it all. I believe that I told you earlier already that there's no such thing as seeing it all, and those who think of such are those overtly-bitter and miserable fools who think there's not much to life than only cruelty and lies."

"And see, this is why I am right: You're asking me about the definition of furfag, as if you never encountered it. Of course, you didn't." Neo then pulled out his box of Lucky Strikes from his pocket and picked out a stick before putting it back. He then began to light up the stick on his mouth using the spit of flame he conjured using the flick of his fingers, and started smoking. "To put it in words you understand, furries are people who are so hilariously obsessed with animals, that they think of themselves as one and want to have sex with either another furry or with real animals. Being a werewolf doesn't make you a wolf, you shouldn't be too proud of it. Else, you're a furry and you want to shag real wolves. Disgusting."

"Y-yeah, I'm...fine." , Lorenzo weakly replied. "J-just... the soap got in my eye, that's all...". He wouldn't  cry, no, his pride would never allow such a thing, he would definitely, surely not cry...

Lorenzo once again burst into tears, surely the blame was of the alcohol he drank, yes... that was it.
It took time before he finally gained back his senses, taking a deep breath, he left the bathtub and before taking a seat on the toilet bowl, his body covered with the towel that Rattus had left him.

"Miss Yukina, what would you do if all those you ever loved and would've given your life to protect died for your sake?...", the grieving pirate asked weakly.

There was a long silence after Yukina heard the pirate's question about people who have died to protect someone's life. The question related itself well to the Japanese woman's experiences, especially about her mother's last act of sacrifice that one fateful day.

It was just five days before her 29th birthday back then. There, at the port city of Hiroshima, a place still untouched by the Allied bombing runs during those days of the war. Many wondered why, despite all common sense, the city was not yet targeted by the Americans, despite it being a major industrial city as well as being the major headquarters for a part of the Imperial Japanese Army. And, up until that day, nobody knew the answers, so the populace had somewhat a sense of security all this time.

As for Yukina's family, they were eating back then, savoring the food that their mother had cooked for them. What was left of their family were simply her, her little sister and her mother, as her only brother and her father both had died serving the military in the front lines. There were having a chat back then, regarding their private matters, such as their friends or close neighbors. Saori, Yukina's little sister, expressed her disappointment back then about a friend who failed to do an important task for her, specifically a part of her assigned group's school project. She said that, because of this friend's laziness, everyone in the group almost failed the subject if it wasn't for the teacher's careful consideration. Saori also voiced her desire not to forgive this certain friend's mistakes, until their mother said to the two them that they should forgive people, even when it hurts, or even when it kills.

After eating, the three of them went to sit on the veranda to have more small talk later on, in order to rest themselves. While Saori and her mother were talking about a certain boy who had a crush on her, Yukina just opted to watch the morning sky and let her mind take her to places of her imagination. And then, Yukina had began to notice a silhouette in the sky, something that she could never mistake for anything else. It was an American plane. Yukina then called her sister and mother to see this big machine fly over the city. It wasn't really a curiosity to them, since the plane was alone and it might have been just sent to scout. However, her mother felt something bad about this, so she told her two children to get inside.

Everything that happened then began to turn chaotic in a flash. Suddenly, the whole house got wrecked beyond repair, as a flash in the sky had reduced the whole city of Hiroshima into a burning rubble. The two sisters then began to crawl themselves out of the wrecks of their home and find them mother amongst the ruins. And, when they found her, she was dead, with her body burned badly by the sudden flash in the sky. They were trying to wake her up in an effort to save her, but it was too late: The city has been utterly destroyed and she did not survive the attack.

Yukina's tears began to run down her cheeks as she remembered this unforgettable memory in her mind. However, she knew that she had to answer Lorenzo's question. Her mother had died protecting her and so she wiped her tears with her sleeves and answered with some hesitation.

"Um..." Her voice sounded shaky. "...I really do not know, Remei-san. But what I did, is to keep their memories alive in my mind, all the happy and good things that they did, and everything that... they told you must do. In that way, you keep them alive, even just if it was in your mind."
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 09:22:28 AM by Ivan The Mouse »