Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474389 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #1080 on: January 27, 2015, 06:06:30 PM »
Vanguard

"You have my utmost gratitude, sir Caster", said vanguard as he looked around the living room, trying to familiarise himself with his surroundings.

Once again Sakura's new ally approached his master, the metal behemoth was to make an humble request.
"Master, if you may, is there anything you could allow me to assist you with?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: January 27, 2015, 06:48:08 PM »
"Hey, uh, can you two talk about this while we get my things real quick, please?"

“Of course we can, but there isn’t very much more to discuss.” Noel began pushing the wheelchair. “You two seem to be from the same universe, but I’m not going to let you take him on some wild adventure, especially since he clearly doesn’t trust you.” The trio arrived at the item return desk at this point, and the employees quickly checked their identities and returned the armaments to Grendel and Mathew.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: January 27, 2015, 08:15:09 PM »
Sakura

“Ah-um, let’s see...” He doesn’t seem like he would be able to help with cleaning, he’s too big and unwieldy. “I-can’t think of anything you could really help me with around the house, but if you go out into the city could you keep an eye out for some people I’m looking for? A boy named Shirou Emiya, he has auburn hair and golden-brown eyes. He’s very important to me; you can’t hurt him, ok? If you find him, please try and bring him to me. The other person is named Rin Tohsaka, she has long black hair and blue eyes; she likes wearing red and black. Both of them are important to me, make sure you don’t harm them.”

Sakura took a deep breath, and departed for the kitchen. ”Faust, could you please send a familiar to follow Vanguard if he leaves the house, something small that he won’t be able to notice, ok?”

”Of course I can do that, it’s no problem at all.” Faust responded through their telepathic link.

”Thank you so much.” Sakura began cooking, humming softly to herself as she removed the ingredients from the refrigerator and began chopping meat and vegetables into small pieces.

Faust

Faust sent a quick mental order to one of his demons, Follow the white armored man, do not attack him or anything else, only fight to defend yourself and try to escape if possible. Keep him in your sights, but make sure he doesn’t notice you. If anything of note happens, inform me at once.

A dark creature wreathed in shadows nodded, As you wish. It silently descended into a shadow, keeping a close watch as instructed.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 08:26:01 PM by Sakura »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: January 28, 2015, 12:28:02 AM »
Rider listened to Sakura and Vanguard's conversation. Vanguard clearly wished to be helpful, but his size and outfit made him of limited use in the house. So, instead, Sakura simply asked that he keep a look out for her sister and her beloved if he went out, and bring them home to her if he found them.

Shouldn't I help him? I know what they look like, after all, and they will hopefully know and trust me, she thought as she followed Sakura into the kitchen.

"Sakura, do you wish for me to go with him?" she said as her master began to cook herself some dinner.

I wouldn't mind sampling some of her cooking, though....

"Or, would you prefer the three of us to sit down to breakfast together and talk to each other for a while?" she added, somewhat hopefully.

She knew Sakura enjoyed cooking, and her original master at least had always insisted on her joining them at the table for meals whenever possible, to allow her to be part of the family, so she assumed that this Sakura would wish for them to eat together as well.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 12:50:53 AM by Cherry Lover »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: January 28, 2015, 12:48:03 AM »
Vanguard

Carefully listening to Sakura's request, Vanguard nodded. If that was his master's wish, he would execute it without fail.
"Of course, I shall retrieve those you wish me to retrieve without causing any harm. If I must, I will tear the very heavens for this sole purpose without failure. Of that, you have my word."

And then his master's other servant, Rider spoke up, requesting to accompany him. Either way, he would not mind, but her following request interested the warrior, who had not enjoyed a pleasant conversation in millennia.

"That would be a most excellent suggestion.", Vanguard declared in utmost approval.
"Yes, if possible, I would like to enjoy your company a while longer before I take my leave. Would that upset you, Sakura?"

And with that, the colossal lowered his head, awaiting a response.

Suddenly, Vanguard remembered a detail that would be most important to have his allies be informed of, one that would be unwise to neglect.
"...However, it is most regrettable, but I will not be able to partake in your meal."
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 01:02:37 AM by francobull3 »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: January 28, 2015, 01:42:38 AM »
"Sakura, do you wish for me to go with him?" she said as her master began to cook herself some dinner.

I wouldn't mind sampling some of her cooking, though....

"Or, would you prefer the three of us to sit down to breakfast together and talk to each other for a while?" she added, somewhat hopefully.

“If you want some food I certainly don’t mind making enough for you Rider, of course you can eat.” Sakura turned on the rice cooker. “Vanguard, do you want anything?”

"...However, it is most regrettable, but I will not be able to partake in your meal."

“Oh, I’m sorry, is Japanese food not to your liking? That’s too bad, but I don’t mind you sitting with us while we eat. I don’t think Faust will be joining us, however.”

Caster shook his head, “No, I don’t really enjoy Japanese food, sorry.”

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: January 28, 2015, 02:13:23 AM »
Ezra Longinia

Ezra's spear ripped straight through the vampire – it didn't matter if it touched the heart or not, because the holiest of spears only acknowledged the inhuman as something to be cleansed, and struck all the more for it.

Even as his momentum made him pivot on his heels, the spearman's instincts fired off a warning, and he turned at the same time as Buffy, blocking her kidney punch by letting her punch the spear instead. The force he was using matched hers, but as the spear shaft started to bend Ezra stepped back once, then twice, then – the Lance flickered like a serpent's tongue, stabbing out at the vampire's stomach with deadly force.

It didn't matter where the Lance hit, as long as the wound would be fatal... so then, a stab to the stomach would burn at the vampire with unbearable intensity.
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: January 28, 2015, 05:24:11 AM »
Rider smiled as Sakura agreed to her suggestion of them eating together, also accepting Vanguard's wish to remain and talk. However, to her surprise, both Vanguard and Caster rejected the offer of food, although Vanguard was happy to converse with them.

"Really, Caster?" Rider said with astonishment, "You've been with Sakura for several years and yet you do not eat her cooking? I am amazed.

I can appreciate not liking Japanese food, I usually prefer Greek food myself, but Sakura's cooking is exquisite. It should not be compared to ordinary Japanese food."

Then, she turned to Vanguard.

"I too do not require nourishment from food, but nourishment is not the only reason for eating. The chance to enjoy food of the quality that Sakura produces is not something to turn down lightly", she said, her extremely high opinion of her master's cooking skills clear.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 05:29:39 AM by Cherry Lover »

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: January 28, 2015, 05:40:10 AM »
Corporal Mathew Blackburn

"Hey, now, let's not be hostile to the Inquisitor, Noel." Mathew stated while lightly waving his left hand, hoping that she would get the hint. One does not simply piss an Inquisitor off and keep their skin attached to their bodies...

Ah, right. My Volleygun is going to need repairs..., he thought when the attendant returned his personal belongings. Field repair tend to make the Tech Priests agitated, especially when bubblegum is involved.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 06:31:34 AM by MissingMandible »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: January 28, 2015, 12:17:52 PM »
Deborah

Witnessing how the mortal quickly dealed with those 'vampires', Deborah was gripped with a sense of dread that she has not felt in a while. Ezra with his conviction and display of prowess resembled more those 'slashers' rumors about were circulating about. The Beast in her urged to flee rather than fight, her survival being priority over the attempt to stop the mortal for good. But then why her miracle worked better than usual? Maybe God of hers provided her with a weapon just in case worst came to worst, a sign of him actually caring about his cursed follower?

"..." Gripping the crimson colored 'projectile', she turned her back on those 'vampires' and attempted to flee with Celerity. If the man lost sight of her she could easily blend with the cattle and get away.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: January 28, 2015, 01:39:08 PM »
"Nobody trusts the Inquisition," the Inquisitor admits, "But it is not the role of an Inquisitor to be trusted. If the Adeptus Astartes are hammer of the Emperor, crashing down upon His enemies and leaving none in their wake, then the Inquisition is the will that directs this hammer, though we have other tools at our disposal. However, while I will admit to being thorough when the enemies of Man are baying for our blood, I will not take a life that could have been saved unless there is no other way to be certain that the heresy sought by me can be cleansed. This I say as Inquisitor Castus Grendel."

"As Living Saint Castus Grendel, however," he continues, a rare hint of anger, not directed at anyone here, coming into his voice, "I am overwhelmed by hatred for every innocent life I am forced take. However, that hate fulfills so much more when directed at those that forced my hand. It is then that my hatred is truly my weapon, that my faith is truly my shield. The evil I seek will never escape His retribution, for I am merely one of the many tools through which He channels His Fury."

Grendel takes a moment to calm himself, falling silent for a moment before continuing.

"And there is no need to worry, Corporal. I am perfectly capable of securing my own accommodations, and I am grateful that Miss Noel has taken it upon herself to accommodate you herself despite being perfectly within her rights to simply drop you off at the nearest Arbites station."
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 01:56:06 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: January 28, 2015, 01:53:25 PM »
"Ah-um... Who is the "He" you are talking about?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: January 28, 2015, 02:03:59 PM »
 Witnessing Rider’s eagerness to enjoy Sakura’s cuisine, Vanguard couldn't help but let out a hearty laugh.

“Your passionate spirit is admirable, Rider. But I am afraid you are missing the point.” And as he spoke these words, his metallic hands took hold of his helmet.

Turning the head not unlike a screw, Vanguard’s helmet came off only to reveal a hollow armour without a body of any sorts.

“I am deeply sorry, but I am simply uncapable of partaking in this meal. To slay a hundred demons would be but child play for me, but I am afraid eating is a luxury far beyond my capabilities.”

With that, the great warrior bowed, holding his head between his gauntlets.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: January 28, 2015, 02:17:48 PM »
Mordred

Now that she was nearly in a prime condition, Mordred set out on the quest to track her lookalike. Since that person was a copper, she thought it would be easy to just ask people around.

It lead to sort of embarassing situations like people keeping mistaking her for the lookalike in question, and Mordred having to explain to them that she is not the policewoman. That was somewhat frustrating, but she kept her cool.

What she learned though was that this 'doppelganger' apparently hunted monsters, shot beams of light with a sword, ate a lot and was an accomplice of a vampire.

Keep cool, keep cool she thought to herself as more facts about her identical stranger she learned.

Finally, when she was sure there was not anyone around to eavesdrop on her in that foreboding back alley, she let her out her feelings.

"Not only she is copying my trademark gimmick, but she is a glutton and hangs out with a leech of all things! This is so bloody awkward! And those people keep mistaking me for her..." She was devestated about what she learned.

This "Saber" person was clearly a copycat (though it was interesting indeed how she pulled off similar Gimmick without being a Changeling. Clearly some Mage), had bad eating habits and was naive enough to trust a vampire to be her companion. She had to set straight that she is not the same person even if she had to meet with such a hopeless girl so people could see them together and learned the difference.         

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: January 28, 2015, 04:05:48 PM »
Corporal Mathew Blackburn:

To claim to be a Living Saint and not be one is quite the heresy. But, then again, Inquisitors are above the law; from what he understands, the Inquisition polices itself. Still, the seed of doubt was planted: Maybe Grendel was on the level? His speech seemed genuine. However, Inquisitors are good liars...

Mathew didn't know what to think, honestly. Preferably, he rather just leave this matter behind and move on with his life. Find a way to contact the 833rd, tell them he was alive, and find a way to rendezvous with them.

Then Noel asked a question that confused him even more. "The Emperor, of course." He answered.

Something the Inquisitor said earlier finally clicked. "Wa-wait. Did you say Tyranids might be here?" He asked with a stutter while turning back to Grendel.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 04:10:33 PM by MissingMandible »