Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474262 times)

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #1095 on: January 28, 2015, 04:36:27 PM »
"There was a crime scene that I stumbled upon recently that looked like it might have been caused by Tyranids or Genestealers, but there were multiple inconsistencies that made the latter seem more likely. Even then, with the nature of this Emperor-forsaken place, it may be that the creature that was the cause of those deaths might come from a different place altogether... Furthermore, I am not usually called upon for situations involving Xenos, so there are Inquisitors better equipped than I for evaluating this situation and dealing with it accordingly."

"Also," Grendel says, "Don't worry too much if the people don't know of the Emperor here. This place is somehow even out of the reach of His Light."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: January 28, 2015, 05:21:03 PM »
Noel's confusion only increased upon Mathew's response. Why is he acting like it should be self evident?

"And who might the emperor be?"

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: January 28, 2015, 06:24:08 PM »
Corporal Mathew Blackburn:

Memories of wading through the sewers a few weeks before things went down welled up. Yeah, Genestealers were nasty, though none in his squad suffered any casualties during those treks.

His commanders were worried when they started popping up. Everyone knew that a splinter fleet was coming, but it wasn't supposed to be so soon. Segmentum Command was planning a burned earth strategy: some planets would go through Exterminatus to trick the fleet into thinking that there wasn't any viable worlds to devour in the sub-sector, thus saving the far more vital worlds further in. However, it would take a couple of months to evacuate the Hive World he was stationed at for the last two years.

When reports of Genestealers came in, well...

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, Mathew caught what Grendel said. "How can we be beyond His light? Is that even possible?"

When Noel asked who might the Emperor be (Yeah, that was a question he never expected to have to answer), he explained "He is the Immortal Leader of the Imperium of Man. It is by His will that we live and die by...And I am starting to sound like a Ministorum Priest."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: January 28, 2015, 06:41:17 PM »
"Better a Ministorum Priest than a Sororitas," Grendel mutters, "Though, you don't have any incendiary weapons with you right now, so we have no way of-" Grendel shakes his head to clear that train of thought, "No matter. I do not know how we are beyond His Light, only that we are."

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: January 28, 2015, 07:20:28 PM »
"He is the Immortal Leader of the Imperium of Man. It is by His will that we live and die by...And I am starting to sound like a Ministorum Priest."

Mathew kept giving her answers, but instead of clearing things up they simply brought further confusion and new terms she had no idea what they meant. Imperium of Man? Is that like the NOL? Before she could enquire further, a taxi pulled up and two people came out and ran into the hospital.

“I have more questions, but we need to get a move on if we want to get back to my house at a reasonable time. Where shall we meet up, Inquisitor?”

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: January 28, 2015, 09:49:58 PM »
Sakura blushed at Rider's enthusiastic complements, Wow, she really thinks highly of me. Thought Sakura.

Faust however, had a simple answer to Rider's exuberance.

"I-just don't like Japanese
food. Sorry." He said slightly sheepishly. "I enjoy her cooking,
but Japanese meals just don't sit well with me."

Witnessing Rider’s eagerness to enjoy Sakura’s cuisine, Vanguard couldn't help but let out a hearty laugh.

“Your passionate spirit is admirable, Rider. But I am afraid you are missing the point.” And as he spoke these words, his metallic hands took hold of his helmet.

Turning the head not unlike a screw, Vanguard’s helmet came off only to reveal a hollow armour without a body of any sorts.

“I am deeply sorry, but I am simply uncapable of partaking in this meal. To slay a hundred demons would be but child play for me, but I am afraid eating is a luxury far beyond my capabilities.”

With that, the great warrior bowed, holding his head between his gauntlets.

Sakura was taken aback at this revelation.

"That's a real shame... I'm sorry about that, how in the world did it happen?"

Faust was confused. How did someone manage to bind a soul to a piece of armor? This man must be extraordinarily powerful to have warranted such treatment.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: January 28, 2015, 10:08:04 PM »
Mordred

Anyway, Mordred wanted to contact that police officer, but she remembered about her bad experience with the police officer who proved to be susceptible to brainwashing as many mortals were wont to. I'm in need of something that will let me escape when worst comes to worst, fighting head on is not always a good option.

Remembering rumors about Contracts peculiar to her Seeming that were good solution for such situations, she decided to strike a one of them. However, she knew forging a new Contract was not something undertaken lightly. There could have been some compensation needed to pay or something other difficult she needed to specifically undertake to learn it. Possibly it meant venturing to Hedge again which  she was reluctant to visit too often.

Contracts of Seperation, huh? I heard of one Fairest that could walk even on water in attempt to escape pursuit. Forging a Contract with a body of water is probably not an option here, it's not a Contract for which Elementals have particular affinity
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 11:04:19 PM by Kat »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: January 29, 2015, 05:22:53 AM »
Rider smiled as she saw Sakura's face turn read at the praise she was receiving. Then, Vanguard began to speak.

“Your passionate spirit is admirable, Rider. But I am afraid you are missing the point", he said, unscrewing his helmet to reveal ...nothing.

That's weird....

Of course, as a mythological monster, Rider was not exactly unused to weird things, but even so this was unexpected.

“I am deeply sorry, but I am simply uncapable of partaking in this meal. To slay a hundred demons would be but child play for me, but I am afraid eating is a luxury far beyond my capabilities", he continued, his now-headless body bowing.

Rider nodded in understanding but, before she could speak, Sakura responded, showing sympathy and asking how it had come about. Then, Faust responded to her original statement about food.

"I-just don't like Japanese food. Sorry", he said, sounding somewhat sheepish. "I enjoy her cooking, but Japanese meals just don't sit well with me."

"You have my sympathies also, Vanguard. Living as a suit of armour doesn't sound fun...", Rider said.

Then, she turned to Faust.

"Sure, I understand that, but have you ever tried Sakura's Japanese food? It's on another level from what you'd get in most restaurants, even in Japan. Even if you don't like Japanese food normally, you might like hers", she said, somewhat puzzled at the idea that someone might actually turn down food cooked by Sakura.

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: January 29, 2015, 05:00:50 PM »

Seeing the taxi, all Mathew could think about is the shower and full stomach he was going to have here soon. Hopefully Grox Steak was o the menu...

As soon as Noel pushed him through the doors, he stopped her and helped himself out of the chair. "Thank you, Miss." He stated, "They said I had to be in that until I exited the building."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: January 29, 2015, 05:16:17 PM »
"Would you be fine with meeting at the station tomorrow?" Grendel asks, "It would be best to meet after breakfast, so that we may have as much time as possible to discuss this possible threat and seek out any leads?"

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: January 29, 2015, 06:53:21 PM »
Noel pushed Blackburn back into the wheelchair with a single firm movement.

"You're staying in the chair until we get to the house, I don't want to be responsible for letting you get hurt."

"I'll see what I can do, Inquisitor. I'll try to make it happen, but the Nexus is a chaotic place, if something comes up I have to deal with it. Goodbye!"

Noel arrived at the taxi and told the driver where they would be going, he nodded and began loading their stuff into the car.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: January 29, 2015, 08:55:35 PM »
Screwing his head back in place, Vanguard let out a deep sigh.
"How it happened... is a long tale. If you wish, I could share it with you all.", he spoke in a solemn voice.

"But make no mistake, this is my burden and mine alone, so please rest at ease. I do not wish to be pitied, for even if I may not posses mortal flesh any longer, my spirit is human."

Approaching Sakura, the knight spoke with the calmness of an untouched lake, words seeking to warm her heart.
"The body is but a vessel, as long as the mind is untainted, it matters not where it resides, would you not agree?."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 10:14:19 PM by francobull3 »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: January 29, 2015, 09:58:32 PM »
Faust sighed, and began talking slowly to Rider, as if she was a child. "Rider, of course I've tried her food, she's been here with me for three years. That's a long time. However, the fact remains that I simply don't like Japanese food. The spices simply don't appeal to me. I greatly enjoy Sakura's other food, but even her Japanese doesn't make it work for me. Now, I'm going to take a walk. Goodbye, I'll be back later."

Faust turned around and briskly walked out the door, and began wandering the streets, looking for something that he could do in order to clear his head.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: January 29, 2015, 10:02:49 PM »
"Ah, mhmm, Vanguard, can you let me finish cooking? We can talk after that." She said with a smile.

Sakura winced at Faust's response to Rider. After he left, she silently brought in the food from the kitchen, setting it on the table.

"Um, Rider. Could you not be so pushy when talking to Caster? I know you didn't mean any harm, but..." Sakura quietly asked with her head down, watching herself fidget with her hands.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 10:16:56 PM by Sakura »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: January 29, 2015, 10:28:14 PM »
Mordred

Dwelling on this right now was pointless though. She could have spent hours after all and still not reach any epiphany that would lead her anywhere. I guess I'm stuck right now. Ah, well, it's not I need it right now. I can always rely on my wits and instincts to escape. But, man, this city is hopeless with all those insanely powerful people around she sighed, aware of her disadvantage.

"I guess I have still should find that 'Saber' girl. I want it to stop..." she mumbled about how the fact that people took her for somebody else annoyed, and walked out of the back alley, now walking through the city without direction hoping maybe she would just stumble on her.