Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - November 16, 2014—April 13, 2015  (Read 474604 times)

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #1245 on: February 03, 2015, 04:54:03 AM »
Corporal Mathew Blackburn:

Well, she apparently she owes a lot of money, and he doubts this place would accept any of his (And he's going to have to get his own food if he stays here). Both of them are in need of cash...

"Are you some kind of freelancer? What is the specifics of this job?"

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: February 03, 2015, 04:56:18 AM »
Rin
"Nnnn..."
The sound of voices knocked Rin out of her sleep. Groggy as she was, she didn't quite process what was being said. Not just yet anyway.

Groaning, she slowly sat up. She sat there, staring out, still trying to get a sense of things beyond, "why am I awake now?" Rin had never been terribly good at waking up, after all. At least Ruby was somewhere in the other room. That was something at least.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 05:24:01 AM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: February 03, 2015, 04:57:49 AM »
"Woah... you're damn beefy mate.", Lorenzo awed as he witnessed this display of strength.

"Ahem, yes, Guts. I, um, understand your point. But not everyone can be as strong as you are, I have my own ways to dispatch foes that probably differs greatly from your more... head on way of dealing with things."

"Anyways, it is a pleasure to meet you, Guts. Where shall we go?", the pirate asked nonchalantly.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: February 03, 2015, 05:09:59 AM »

Well, she apparently she owes a lot of money, and he doubts this place would accept any of his (And he's going to have to get his own food if he stays here). Both of them are in need of cash...

"Are you some kind of freelancer? What is the specifics of this job?"

"I'm a police officer, not a freelancer. Well, normally that would be the case, buuut I owe too much money, and this job will pay for all of it and more. It's simple, really. All we have to do is run into a complex full of nazis, shoot them dead, and call it a day! Simple, easy, and morally safe."

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

MissingMandible

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: February 03, 2015, 05:12:24 AM »

"Okay, so a breaching op." Mathew nodded, "What are Nazis? Do we know what they are armed with, what their numbers are? What about the layout of the complex?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: February 03, 2015, 05:24:19 AM »

"Okay, so a breaching op." Mathew nodded, "What are Nazis? Do we know what they are armed with, what their numbers are? What about the layout of the complex?"

Noel scrunched her face. "I'd don't know yet, the meet up is tonight. I heard they'll brief us then. Nazis are bad guys, really bad guys. You should probably read up about them." Noel said.

MissingMandible

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: February 03, 2015, 05:29:23 AM »

"Alright then." Mathew began, speaking more to himself than to Noel, "Going to need to look up to regulations, then. Need to fix my Volley gun's cord."

He looked back to her, asking "Am I able to wash the other fatigue?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: February 03, 2015, 05:34:22 AM »

"Alright then." Mathew began, speaking more to himself than to Noel, "Going to need to look up to regulations, then. Need to fix my Volley gun's cord."

He looked back to her, asking "Am I able to wash the other fatigue?"

"Yeah, washing machine and dryer are back there, close to the bathroom. So, what does your gun shoot?"

MissingMandible

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: February 03, 2015, 05:43:45 AM »

"Right then."

It took him a moment to figure out how to run the machine, but he managed to get it running. When he returned, Noel asked about his weapon, "Well, Miss, the Ryza-pattern Hotshot Volleygun fires high-powered lasers at a rate exceeding that of most infantry weapons used by Harlech Regiments. Emperor help those who are in my crosshairs when I rev it up."

He took hold of the rucksack set aside, showing her the bottom portion, "This here is the power source for it. The problem I have, as you can see, is that the cord connecting the weapon to the battery had been severed during my...crash. I can fix this, just need a few things."

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: February 03, 2015, 05:44:09 AM »
Rider listened to Vanguard's response to her and Sakura's questions. His obviously-sarcastic response to her question about the motives of the gods made it pretty clear that his opinion of them was no higher than her opinion of the gods she had known. Before she could make any response, though, Sakura spoke up, before suddenly standing up and leaving.

Eh, what? thought Rider.

"OK, goodbye Sakura, see you later", she said with a somewhat-bemused smile.

Rider considered following her, but decided against it. Whilst Sakura might put herself in danger by walking out in that way, she clearly wanted to go alone, for whatever reason, and following her would damage her trust in Rider, putting her in more danger in the future. And, besides, she wanted to know more about Vanguard.

Once Sakura had left, she finished up her delicious dinner, before addressing Vanguard's final statement.

"Of course not. The gods do not care for ordinary mortals, or even for other gods. They just see them as playthings, or as tools to achieve an end. They demand worship just for existing, make arbitrary rules which they consider theirselves immune to, punish innocent people out of pure jealousy or greed and subject anyone who stands against them to eternal torture. Personally, I am sure that they see your fate as a 'just' punishment for your defiance, I have never yet seen or heard of a god who could resist handing out the most horrendous punishments possible for such obvious defiance of their will, but even if I am mistaken in that regard I am sure they were not acting out of a desire to reward you", she said, her contempt of the gods she had known abundently clear in her words and manner of speech.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: February 03, 2015, 05:46:11 AM »

"Right then."

It took him a moment to figure out how to run the machine, but he managed to get it running. When he returned, Noel asked about his weapon, "Well, Miss, the Ryza-pattern Hotshot Volleygun fires high-powered lasers at a rate exceeding that of most infantry weapons used by Harlech Regiments. Emperor help those who are in my crosshairs when I rev it up."

He took hold of the rucksack set aside, showing her the bottom portion, "This here is the power source for it. The problem I have, as you can see, is that the cord connecting the weapon to the battery had been severed during my...crash. I can fix this, just need a few things."

"What do you need, I probably have it lying around here somewhere." Noel tried to help him, intrigued by the idea of a mechanical lasergun. "I've bought a fair amount of useless stuff, I can't deny it."

MissingMandible

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: February 03, 2015, 05:54:06 AM »

"Okay, well, I have my combat knife," Mathew began, "What I need is pliers, a large wire-stripper, and some high-durability electrical tape."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: February 03, 2015, 06:01:52 AM »

"Okay, well, I have my combat knife," Mathew began, "What I need is pliers, a large wire-stripper, and some high-durability electrical tape."
"Ah, one second." Noel vanished into the hall, and a few minitues later came back lugging a huge toolbox with her." You'll be able to find whatever you need in here." She said, dropping it at his feet.

MissingMandible

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: February 03, 2015, 06:20:28 AM »

"Well, that was convenient." Blackburn said.

The Dragoon then bowed his head, and did a prayer, "With your strength, you protect me. With my care, I repair you. With sacred oil, I appease you. Be quiet, good spirits,and accept my benediction."

And with that, he began work with the large cables. He took out the things he needed from the toolbox, as well as the ten-inch knife. He started by stripping the covering of the ends of the wires. Then he used the pliers to twist the pairs together, end then he used the electrical tape to create a makeshift covering for the exposed cords.

"Well, I can feel the gun becoming warm. That is a good sign. Nothing rattled when I was carrying it earlier, either. Is there a firing range around here or something? It's just to see if this works for sure."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: February 03, 2015, 06:27:43 AM »
Noel

Noel watched with avid interest as Mathew expertly repaired his weapon. "Wow, that was fast."

"Well, I can feel the gun becoming warm. That is a good sign. Nothing rattled when I was carrying it earlier, either. Is there a firing range around here or something? It's just to see if this works for sure."

"I don't know of a firing range around here, sorry. Especially not one cleared for lasers."